Start by marking “Please Don't Feed the Mayor” as Want to Read:
Please Don't Feed the Mayor

Please Don't Feed the Mayor

When the lumber mill closes, laying off most everyone in Fossett, Oregon, Melanie MacDonald plans to revitalize her beloved but beleaguered homestead by running her border collie Shep in Fossett's mayoral race . . .

Shep wins by a landslide.

Published February 26th 2019 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Please Don't Feed the Mayor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please Don't Feed the Mayor

Carrie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Please Don’t Feed the Mayor by Sue Pethick is a contemporary story with a bit of romance and mystery. This would be a book that is the perfect example of please don’t read the blurb as it makes no sense to the book that I just read.

Melanie MacDonald has been trying for four years to revive her little town of Fossett, Oregon when she comes up with the plan to bring publicity into town by having her trained Border Collie Shep elected mayor. Not everyone in town is behind the publicity stunt though
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
When I saw the title and the cover for Pethick's latest release, I knew any powers of resistance were futile. So when I finally picked it up, it was also no surprise that I breeze through it in less than 2 days.

Four years ago Melanie McDonald left her husband and returned to her small country town to open her own small business. However, Melanie is more than aware that her small town is losing popularity and in order to continue to thrive and draw new visitors and residents, it is badly in need
Mary Brown
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please Don’t Feed The Mayor
Sue Pethick
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Shep wins by a landslide.

A lover of democracy and dog treats, Shep is rapidly earning the goodwill of Fossett's citizens. Tourists are streaming in and everyone wants to glad-paw the new mayor. Suddenly Melanie and Shep are media
Kristina
Please Don’t Feed the Mayor by Sue Pethick has readers visiting Fossett, Oregon. Melanie MacDonald owns Ground Central in the heart of downtown. Since the lumber mill closed, people have been leaving the quirky small town. Melanie sees a news piece on a village that elected a cat to a council seat, and it gives her inspiration. Melanie’s suggests that Fossett hold a mayoral election and her border collie, Shep be one of the candidates. It would be a way to attract tourists to their town. Melanie ...more
Patty
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Please Don't Feed the Mayor by Sue Pethick and my first book by this author. I really enjoyed this book a lot. When I picked out this book I thought it was a cozy mystery, but it's a sweet romance. I loved the border collie Shep who runs for mayor. If you looking for a fun escape, this is the book for you. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

I reviewed an advanced galley from Netgalley and Kensington Publishing. Thank you.
Anjana
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a little surprised at how this story turned out. The title and the cover indicated a more frivolous attitude than the actual content.I am not denying the lightheartedness of the book but pointing out the fact that it was more than just that. There is an epilogue of sorts at the end which clarifies the tag line which was pretty fascinating to read about.

This is the story of a small town, its importance indicated quite apparent within the first paragraph itself. Melanie MacDonald gave up a l
Kathy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Frantic to find a way to revive her town, failing since the lumber mills closed down, Melanie grasps at the idea of having her Border Collie Shep elected Mayor. Anything different to get tourists to come to town and maybe decide they would like to live there. Helped by her ex-husband, the idea works. However, her ex is a lawyer who is being hunted by a criminal that has escaped from jail. When the bad guy takes Melanie and Shep as hostages, the whole town is out to the rescue!

This dog for mayor
Marianne
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I simply love Sue Pethick's books. I've read all and I'm never disappointed. Always cute, sweet, heartwarming with a pup at the heart of the story. What more could you want? Thank you to the publisher and netgalley for this arc in exchange of an honest review.
Kate
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute story with a simplistic writing style that makes for an easy, quick read.

I was instantly drawn to this book by the cover and the idea of a dog becoming mayor. I know its happened for real in some towns in America, so I was definitely looking forward to the concept.

The blurb suggests that I would be reading about the dog Shep and his owner Melanie's adventures as he wins the election and they become media darlings. Unfortunately, the only part of this book that matches the blurb is that
Kimberley
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What drew me to this book was the cover. I have owned three Border Collies, so there wasn’t much that was going to stop me from picking up a book with a Border Collie on the cover. I didn’t expect to enjoy this book quite as much as I did.

Melanie lives in small town Oregon with her dog Shep. Shep is a rescue, having been let go by a family that simply couldn’t tolerate his herding their kids. Shep, like most Border Collies, needs a job. Fossett, Oregon needs something to bring it off life suppor
Cozy Cat Reviews
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read and a heart warming story.
In Fossett Oregon the lumber mill has closed, people are out of work and the town is dying. Melanie has a plan to bring much needed attention to her town and revitalize its failing fractured reputation. She decides to run her border collie for Mayor and is shocked when he wins. Now she is facing legalities she had not counted on, back lash as well as a huge increase in popularity for the town and publicity. Melanie and her intrepid hound must c
Susan Johnston
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Princess Fuzzypants here: I was not sure at first how much I was going to like this book. It wasn’t just because a dog was running for mayor instead of a cat. I liked Shep- a lot. It was his human whom I found a bit annoying. However, as the story unravelled and she was forced to reconsider her techniques and her reasons, she grew up and I began to see her in a different light thanks to the efforts of her ex-husband.
There are main stories going on. First there is Melanie’s. efforts to save her t
Betty
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The cute cover caught my eye. I read one of this author's last year and story moved my emotions. I enjoyed it. This book did not disappoint me it had me smiling a lot at Shep, a border collie antics. I immediately became attached to the characters so by the ending the tale had me rapidly turning pages.
Fossett, Oregon small town is slowly dying after the mill closed. Melanie MacDonald divorced her husband, Bryce and sunk all her saving in a coffee shop. Her only friend is Shep. In order to save t
Kathleen Gray
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe more towns should have dogs as mayors! Melanie's gambit of running her dog Shep for mayor in order to revive her small town pays off in some ways and causes trouble in others. She enlists her ex- Bryce- a lawyer in Portland to give her a hand with some of the double dealing that's going on in the wake of the election. He's not, however, entirely innocent himself! This leads to a nice second chance romance dance (no spoilers). A well done story. Thanks to net galley for the ARC.
Barbara Tobey
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is so much more exciting and interesting than the blurb. I expected to be mildly and lightly entertained. I don't want to spoil any surprises, but just realize you will be getting more than you expect from this book. A bit of a nail biter. A definite page turner. Romance, good neighbors, fainting goats, and yes, a dog. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Sarah Pie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a cute, fun, and suspenseful book. Shep is absolutely adorable and the star of this interesting story. I'm not really sure how to classify it because it's got a bit of everything. But I thoroughly enjoyed the uniqueness of this story and the quirky cast that accompanied it.
Nanette
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Booklist. I was pleasantly surprised!
Donna
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. Love the dog.
Cristie Underwood
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great read. The author wrote a story that was interesting and moved at a pace that kept me engaged. The characters were easy to invest in.
Breane Ross
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an arc from netgalley. LOVED this book! Of course, I am a little biased as I am a Border Collie owner myself lol. Definitely recommend this book!
Dawn Powell
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like Sue Pethick's other books, this is a light Rom-com with some outlandish scenerios. Ones that I would happily read over and over.
Patty
Feb 22, 2019
Marlene Ezell
rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2019
Annarella
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun to read, entertaining and engaging.
I loved everything in this book: the setting, the characters, and the plot.
It made me laugh more than once and I couldn't help rooting for the characters.
It's well written, the characters are likable and fleshed out and the plot keeps you hooked till the last page.
I appreciated the originality of the plot and I think it'd be great if there were going to be more books with this cast of characters.
I will surely read other books by this author.
Hig
Lily Dahmayanti
Mar 07, 2019
Anne
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to say I am very confused. The book I downloaded in my BlueFire app did not match the description given when I requested it. So... I am not sure what book I just read. What I’ve been reading has been about the same characters but all the action Took place before the dog became the mayor. So this review is about the book I read, not the book that is described here. I enjoyed it for the most part especially at the beginning and especially at the end. But for a big chunk of the book I felt i ...more
Mar 07, 2019
Donnas
Mar 19, 2019
Sue Pethick is an award-winning writer whose short stories have appeared in Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine and Murderous Intent. The author of two books published under pen names, Sue’s life-long love of animals inspired her to write PET FRIENDLY, the story of a little dog with a big heart and an instinct for true love. Born in San Diego, California, she now lives in Vancouver, Washington.