Start by marking “A Star in the Void (Halcyone Space #5)” as Want to Read:
A Star in the Void (Halcyone Space #5)

A Star in the Void (Halcyone Space #5)

Control the wormholes, control the galaxy.

For over fifty years, the Commonwealth's lock on wormhole transit has enabled the military government to keep its grip on commerce, travel, and the community in diaspora off Earth. But everything changed once Ro Maldonado resurrected the damaged AI on a derelict spaceship. When she and her accidental passengers aboard Halcyone stum
Published June 14th 2018 by Interrobang Books

To ask other readers questions about A Star in the Void, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Star in the Void

Masha Toit
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Is this really the last book in the series? I don't want the story to end :) By now I feel like I know these characters so well, and it's been wonderful reading through the series and watching them all learn and change and get better at being themselves.

The story comes to its climax in this book. At times the odds stacked against the characters seem overwhelming. I particularly enjoyed reading about Dev - I think she comes into her own. Dev has a lot of anger, and it can keep her from hearing th
Rick Wayne
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fitting conclusion to the series!

A rollicking spy story all the way through, vray. There is quite the ballet of character movements as the plot pulls us along at a steady pace -- active but not rushed -- all the way to the end, with just enough suspense to keep us reading without exhausting our patience.
Ann Thomas
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride! This series has so many twists and turns, I never got tired of it. The characters and their relationships and dilemma are so gripping, I bought one book after another to keep on reading. I was lucky enough to get a free copy of this last one, but I would have gladly paid for it. Nothing works out the way I or the characters expected it too, but the end was very satisfying. I loved it.
Barrie Davis
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing,Brilliant idea for a new fresh storyline strong characters and new dropping technology a must read for all fans of world building sci-fi Can't wait for the next book
Ryan Toxopeus
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ro, Nomi, Dev, Jem, Barre, and Micah are back!

I'd been anticipating this release, as I've been reading every book in the series as soon as it came out. LJ Cohen has this wonderful style, blending the storylines of a diverse cast beautifully. As usual, the build is a slow burn, building each story arc and breaking off each scene with a cliffhanger that left me wanting more.

Ada May, genius scientist, is missing, and it's up to Halcyone's accidental crew to to try to find her. The problem is, she
Brin
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am utterly impressed with L.J. Cohen’s expertise at pulling together the myriad threads from multiple characters and story-lines in this final book of the Halcyone series. No mean feat!

I grew attached to each of her unique characters, and, delighted reading their journeys from Derelict through to A Star in the Void. Though Ro and the others might not have years behind them, in this futuristic setting, they are treated as capable, intelligent individuals, which I found refreshing and believable
Li
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Hope is more precious than atmosphere and gravity, and just as essential"
- Star in the Void

Wonderful conclusion to the Halcyone series. So glad to to have met and spent time with all these messy, complicated, and very human characters that find their way in the universe, to, with and because of each other.

Barre is my favorite, and I'm so glad he had such a great role to play 🎶

And that quote about hope? Yeah, there'a a lot going on in this series - particularly part 5, that parallels our current
Josh
Mar 31, 2019
Nathan Winther
Aug 31, 2018
Lisa
rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2018
Nov 15, 2018
Timothy Rich
is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Request: Can someone edit the description? 3 15 Jun 07, 2018 06:49AM
LJ lives outside of Boston with her family and dogs. Her writing spans the gamut from poetry, essays, short stories, and novels. LJ has a secret love of reading and writing YA books.