Start by marking “Steele” as Want to Read:

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
I am Maverick Steele & it’s my turn...

As the bassist in The Hysterics I've learned that the road to fame is long.
It twists and throws some crazy curve balls, but it’s always been worth it.

I had never regretted being a musician.
Never questioned touring or the loneliness that came with it.

Until Cali.
Until I had to make a choice and I chose wrong.

Because being a rock star

To ask other readers questions about Steele, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steele

A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was the first book that I have read by Kristen and I have to say I want to go back and read the Hysterics to learn more about this group! This book focuses on Maverick Steele, he's the bassist for an up and coming band The Hysterics who are quickly becoming a household name. Maverick lost the love of his life years ago and can't seem to get passed losing her. Until he met Cali, who he though would be just a groupie passing. Cali had to make a big decision in order to get her happiness and b ...more
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much beautiful emotion packed into this fast read! Rarely do a find a book that’s shorter in length that can really get to me on a level where I cannot hide how I’m feeling. I shed tears, I giggled, and I totally happy sighed all while reading Steele. The magic that is Kristen Hope Mazzola strikes again! I swear her writing is more addictive than carbs.
Maverick and Cali’s story is about even more than their beautiful romance, although obviously that’s the star here. There’s such a huge amoun
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Steele is a gritty tale of love, lost and revisited. Count on Mazzola to step into the trenches. For Steele, Cali is the one that got away. For Cali, Steele is the man who knowingly and willingly broke her heart. Can they get beyond the drama and lay siege to their second chance? Whether you love him or hate him, Maverick Steele gets a reaction, so grab the Kleenex keep an open up your heart and prepare to tempted by love.
Teresa Lara
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love this series♡Love Mav and Calistoga amazing beautiful journey can't wait to see who's next
Jody
It’s an emotionally intense read within these pages, one that pulls at the heartstrings, that brings readers into the second chance romance of Maverick and Cali. With a connection that started in a previous book, but that came to an end because of her fears, readers will be cheering this dynamic duo on as they grow closer together in this romance full of heart and soul.

Maverick once had the perfect life with a girl who was his whole world and a baby on the way. That life ended with her death tho
Becky Wise
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you've read any of the Hysterics books then you know the background of Maverick. He may make your heart ache just a little with what he went through so long ago. But it's Mavericks time to fall again like his fellow bandmates. Cali is just the one to help him move on. I'd call their relationship a bit of a second chance one. You will see why once you start reading and learning Cali's past. I love that Mav finally gets a second love. This one is a little heart squeezing and made me want to yel ...more
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I was so happy to get Maverick's story after reading Becoming Hysterics. I was invested in his story and asking myself why I hadn't read this series yet but that will soon be rectified, anyways I was so thrilled to see Maverick now. I didn't get to see how Cali and Maverick met but I did seeing them find themselves a happy ending. A well deserved one for sure. A lot was packed into this book and I kind of wanted more but it was still a really good book and one that I was anticipating. My heart a ...more
Jackie Ziegler
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maverick gets his story! I was so excited to read Mav's book.

Maverick Steele lost the love of his life in an accident when he was just a teenager. He has yet to find a woman who can make him want to move on until he met Cali.. Cali has been a fan of the Hysterics for some time and they hit it off a few years back but she lived in Florida and felt that life as a country star's girl was just to crazy so she decided to make things work with Mitch. When she realizes maverick holds her heart can she
Kari Hansen
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s been 14 years since Maverick suffered a tragedy which left him in an emotional void and the only woman to penetrate his walls since then has been Cali.

Cali is at a crossroads in her life and she must decide on taking a chance on what she could have with Maverick or keeping her life status quo.

This is an emotional story of second chances, new beginnings and deciding what really makes you happy. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Gladys
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella is brimming with deep emotions. At times sweet, at times funny and always poignant, this book gives us Maverick and Cali's story. A very engaging storyline captures and easily keeps your interest. A beautiful story that features pain, loss, heartbreak, second chances, letting go, owning your truth and embracing what you want. A really good read. This is a completely honest, voluntary review.
Emily Utsch
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely little novella. It was fast, to the point and a perfect treat. Though I would not say that this is a stand alone. I have not read any of the other books in this group and I would have gotten so much more out of it if I had (but this is good and I am going to go read those now!) But yet the author gives just enough of the background that you are not totally lost with everything.
I love the family feel of everyone in the band and their 'family'.
Cindy Hughes
Loved Maverick and Cali!

It was so good to hear from the Hysterics again! I love Maverick and Cali! This novella was an emotional ride I was glad to be on! I laughed and cried while reading this story! Kristen has written another fantastic story for us to enjoy!
I can’t wait to see what see gives us next!
Gail
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously I do t think this woman knows how to write a bad book!! She is truly a extremely talented writer! My heart broke for Maverick in Becoming Hysterics.. but getting the rest of his story.. and him finding his other ❤. Kristen you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for allowing me the honor of reading your works of art!! ~ Gail ...more
Tanya Turner
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristen did it to me again!

I love The Hysterics series Kristen you did it to me again! I couldn't put Steel down till I finished it just like the others! I love that Maverick was finally able to be happy after everything him and his Mountain Breath family has been threw. Don't want to give too much away. Here's to looking forward to more fingers crossed!
Angel
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mf
I enjoyed this short second-chance story. After reading the prequel, I'm so happy Mav got his HEA. Mav and Cali are great together.

*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.*
Julia Leonard
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maverick finally gets his HEA

Maverick and Cali were destined to be together.
This was a very emotional book for many reasons.
Sometimes to be with your soulmate, others get hurt along the way.
Great ending to a fantastic series.
Congratulations Kmazz.
Elaine
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read the rest of the series by I have to say Steele is my favorite so far!
It's been 14 years since that faithful night when he lost everything and now its his time!
Will Steele get his happily ever after?
To find out you need to read this book!
Rachel
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have not read the rest of this series, but this was still a great novella! I cannot wait to read about the rest of The Hysterics! Maverick and Cali were a great couple and all of the supporting characters intrigued me enough to read the whole series now!
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
After reading Becoming Hysteric, I was hooked. I enjoyed reading Maverick's story after reading about his heartbreak. I loved watching him find love. I am looking forward to more from these band members.
Heather A Bamer
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
❤❤❤ Happiness is finally found. Maverick finally is able to move on with Cali after all the years of a broken heart. Cali and Maverick have a love that will last a lifetime ❤❤❤ ...more
Taylor Freeman
Coralee Corrigan
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Lynne Fredo
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steele

This book was so great as you read about Cali and Maverick finding each other again. So romantic even though they fight for a true HEA
Susan
Jul 18, 2018
Kristen Mazzola
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Emily Bierman
Jill
Jul 21, 2018
Lauren
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short, sweet and too the point. Maverick is the bada*s bassist for The Hysterics and he has known pain but now its his time! Cali was made for him and he knows it, she takes longer to get that knowledge lol. Y'all these two are amazing and she steps up and goes beyond to make sure he and his family are okay when something happens.
Bestselling author, Kristen Hope Mazzola, lives in the suburbs of Tampa soaking up the sunshine while watching hockey or football at beach bars. She writes contemporary romance ranging from steamy romantic comedy, angsty new adult, all the way to sports romance – with dirty bikers, hot military men, and swoon-worthy rockstars in between. A portion of her royalties goes to the Marcie Mazzola Founda ...more