Start by marking “The Art of Taking Chances” as Want to Read:
The Art of Taking Chances

The Art of Taking Chances

“It makes you feel all the feels. And it lets you know that it’s okay to feel it all.” -Cookie O’Gorman, The Art of Taking Chances Foreword

In love, you have to leap to feel the rush.

From first kisses to second chances and celebrity encounters, this collection of young adult contemporary romance short stories has it all.

A forbidden game of truth or dare turns into summer
ebook
Published June 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Taking Chances, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Taking Chances

Michelle MacQueen
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute anthology. I'm a big Melanie Hooyenga fan so decided to give it a shot and wasn't disappointed.

I've been in a serious YA contemporary slump and this is the ultimate slump buster. A lot of emotion and fun in these stories. A great collection for any YA fan, young or old. Even my 30-year-old self loved it.
Christina  Herrera
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely loved reading the Art of Taking Chances. This series of short stories captivated me from the first page. Each short story tells its unique tale and is rich in emotional depth. I loved being able to connect with various characters and falling in love so many times. This collection of short stories had me staying up later to read and waking up extra early to fit in more time to lose myself inside these beautifully written stories. If
Maria Lopez
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I was given a ARC of this book.
This book is more a 3.5 stars than a three. This is such a cute book filled with all different kinds of characters. There is something for everyone. They were all great, but my personal favorites were Tickets on Himself. Can’t get over boy bands from my teen years. As well as, More Than a List I love the whole bucket list thing they got going on. Also who doesn’t love Demi Lovato. I recommend this to whoever needs some stories that will make you laugh and smile.
DJ
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for giving an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This collection of short stories is really adorable. There are lot of things to love about each one. It's unusual for me to enjoy every single story in a collection but I enjoyed them all. They are all about love, friendship and taking a chance. I will say my only disappointment with these stories is the lack of diversity in them. It would have been nice for at least one author to take a chance on a diverse character or div
Emily Kazmierski
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this anthology. Every story was a great read. There were several that I didn’t want to end. :)
Amber Hodges
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been in a reading slump recently, nothing was keeping my attention long enough until I decided to pick this up. I devoured it as fast I could in between work and being sick because I just needed more. I loved all the stories and found myself smiling at the end of each one. I know I will be rereading this anthology anytime I need another pick me up!
Janet Graham
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Win or Lose, Take a Chance!
This is a Young Adult anthology written by 9 excellent authors. All of the stories are centered around taking a chance by stepping out of one's comfort zone and either loving or losing. All of the stories are sweet and clean. Each story is realistic and believable. In fact, many of these scenarios have happened in my circle of friends. Nicely done all the way around! I received this book for free and voluntarily chose to post my honest review.
Debbie Briggs
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and great selection of short stories for when you just need a little "pick me up" and/or just a light, quick read. I really enjoyed all the stories. I will admit that there were one or two that I would label as my favorite(s), but I'll let you guess which one(s) are at the top of my list. You might just have to read them and figure it out or pick your own favorites. The stories all complemented one another and it was a pretty cohesive flow from story to story. Thank you to the au ...more
Felicia Mathews (Bookishly Slytherclaw)
I received an ARC of this collection of short stories. All opinions are my own.

These were such cute stories! There are definitely some that I loved more than others, but overall I enjoyed all the stories that were included. All the stories are about love, friendship, and of course, taking chances.

I really enjoyed that all the stories were super realistic and are situations that I could see happening outside of a story.

My only complaint with this collection of stories is that there was no divers
Pascale
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Some of the stories ended so abruptly it was weird. Like, what just happened?? Where’s the end? I really liked one of the stories in the anthology. The others, I could have done without. 2.5 stars
Lisa
Fangirl Deborah Balogun
A cute story about a teenage girl thinking she’s meeting her music idol. I liked Jason and Sadie, the main characters. The plot was interesting. There were some twists and turns in the story that I liked.
Forever and Always
I enjoyed this humorous short story
The Friend Rules Melanie Hooyenga
This is a sweet friends to romance story.
More Than a List Yesenia Vargas
This is a bittersweet friends-to-romance story. I liked the main characters and Riley’s dad.
(Not So) Perfect Che
Pauline Anne
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice,clean collection of romantic short stories. All of them look at risk taking.When to take a chance. Some of them I would like to have been longer and know how they turned out, if our couples got their happy ending. But I guess short stories are supposed to be short and sweet!!
I received a free review copy of this collection.
Nati
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nine sweet stories about love, second chances, best friends, self confidence, misunderstandings and everything in between that comes hand to hand with being a teenager, this difficult but great time in life between childhood and adulthood, and the demos all we have to face. Great for young adults to read.
Bibliongirl
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good short story collection.
Jackie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book from many great authors, writing about second chances in romance. It’s a definite feel good book. Don’t miss out.
Sherry Westendorf
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this set of stories. Very enjoyable. Warms the heart and makes you feel good. The kind of stories you can relax with. I recommend them. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
The Mysterious Reader
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t been a “young adult” for 35 years but I still enjoy YA romance. No surprise that I was happy to grab a YA anthology like The Art of Taking Chances. I’ve only read the first two contributions so far, Fangirl by Deborah Balogun and Forever and Always: A St. Mary’s Academy Short Story by Seven Steps, but based on the high level of enjoyment these provided I am already happy to recommend this volume. I know this is just a “quickie” review, but I’m unfortunately in a hospital right now and ...more
Candyce Kirk
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is such a cute anthology. The Art of Taking Chances is the perfect summer read for contemporary lovers.
I liked some stories more than others and at times I wished a story could turn into a full book. This was a fun and fast read.
Full review will be on thebookdutchesses.com this Saturday!
Jeanne Okerlund
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great collection of YA stories!  I'm an adult women and I truly enjoyed each one of these stories.  I would have loved to have more of each of these authors writting.   I would read books from each of them!
Tanya
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful set of short stories which will make you feel good. Really enjoyable read.
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Texas
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Taking Chances - Short young adult romance stories from nine different authors. The stories run the gamut from enemies-to-lovers, best-friends-to-lovers, second chance, etc. Except for Kelsie, all these authors are new to me, although I recognize the names of Seven and Yesenia. I didn't have time to read all the stories at this time; my apologies to the other contributors. 5*

Deborah Balogun, Fangirl - Too young for me, but well written. I don't know how they got backstage and I guess
Marija
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I planed to read this one over the weekend but I had to finish it in one sitting.
This is one highly enjoyable YA anthology with short stories that will keep you turn pages in order to see what will bring you next. Every single author is very talented and you can see their great writing style.
Tammy Conatser
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book was fun and carefree and made me smile. for someone like me, who tends to play it safe and never take chances, it gives me inspiration to just go for it. I love how the scenerios in the book are so different yet all the same. It makes me notice things similar in my own life and reminds me to just live. I am very thankful to have received this ARC.
Amy Johnson
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed "The Art of Taking Chances" by Kelsie Stelting. I originally signed up for a complementary copy of this collection in exchange for an honest review specifically for "The Spark" by Sally Henson. However, all of the stories included are short, quick reads and were great teasers for other series and presented a quick look into other writing styles. I would gladly recommend this collection to any one looking a fun weekend read.
Happy Reading...enjoy!
Lenda Burns
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
These YA stories were so believable.
Each one tackled a different situation and were true to life
Ren
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Wow...
Coco.V
Jul 30, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/30/2018)!💝
SJ Garrison
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book of short stories. Each story written by a different author, about teens taking chances. I'm an older adult and I enjoyed each story. The gave a glimpse of the talent these authors have. I highly recommend this book, you just may find a new favorite author.
Misty Goan
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A wonderful well written collection of 9 different short interesting and entertaining stories that are realistic and believable