Start by marking “False Memory (False #1)” as Want to Read:
False Memory (False #1)

False Memory

(False #1)

It all started with the bereavement flowers with my name on them.

Not the best way to wake up, right? I work in a flower shop. I know a funeral arrangement when I see one.

I know a killer when I see one, too. And one is standing in my hospital room right now, straight behind the man who saved my life.

I can’t tell anyone the truth, because that’s the fastest way to really die
Published November 13th 2018 by Prosaic Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about False Memory, please sign up.
Sidhra Currently free on Kindle for a limited time if anyone's interested :)
Meli Raine it's available *everywhere* now (Amazon, Kobo, Nook, Google Play, and Apple Books). It's in audiobook on Audible and Apple as well! <3 Thanks!…moreit's available *everywhere* now (Amazon, Kobo, Nook, Google Play, and Apple Books). It's in audiobook on Audible and Apple as well! <3 Thanks!(less)

Start your review of False Memory (False #1)
Radd Reader
If you haven’t read the other trilogies by this author, DON’T start this one!!! It’s not standalone and includes significant characters from other books.

The story starts out interesting. Lily is re-emerging from a coma and all of that is experienced from her POV. The first part of the story really held my interest and I was excited to learn more.

Somewhere along the way it became clear that these characters were part of a different book. I thought this was a standalone trilogy, but it’s not. Ap
Jobins M J
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First and foremost, it's not a standalone book. And there are no parallel stories. So the ending of the book is like that of a chapter. But the story is quite exciting and engaging.
Meli Raine
Nov 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
description

False Memory is FREE right now on Apple Books!!

“The first book in the False trilogy is a psychological thriller worthy of Hitchcock, keeping you guessing until the very end.” — Apple Books Editors

“…intrigue and dark humor on display in this thriller…”

While the immediate—and more compelling—tension in Raine’s (A Shameless Little Bet, 2018, etc.) heart-pumping series opener comes from Lily’s constant proximity to her would-be killer, the action takes place against a backdrop of secret government
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
A fun read!!! Intriguing and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
rayne ♥
I did not like this. The writing was choppy, basic, and detached. It was boring and dragged on, the concept sounded amazing, but the execution was just not good. Also, I'm pretty sure this is a spin-off of another series? I had no clue when I started so some things didn't make sense to me at first.

instagram | blog | goodreads
Dora Koutsoukou
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
3 🤔🤔🤔🌟s

I was anticipating so much for this book. And I read it. The writing was very good, but the storyline was a little exhausting while moving slow and kept dragging...
Cristina
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So... this book was free on Amazon yesterday and after reading the blurb, I one clicked it and bought it.
What I didn’t expect... was the interest this book spiked in me. This book was really great. 😁
The mystery is so thick, you just can not go around it. You just have to know what happens next. And to be honest, it’s been a while since I read a book this interesting. 👍
Coco.V
Mar 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (3/16/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
It all started with the bereavement flowers with my name on them.

I can’t tell anyone the truth, because that’s the fastest way to really die. So I do the next best thing. I “lose” my memory.

I fake my amnesia.

Pretending no
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Every time I finish one of Raine’s books, I am completely blown away. Each story so perfectly executed. Not only do all the intricate pieces build the suspense and excitement, but they all fit perfectly together in stunning ways. Danger around every corner, never knowing who to trust...it’s thrilling!!

Lily’s first book delivered all of that. I. Am. Hooked! Raine has an incredible ability of being able to transport you into her stories. I could feel Lily’s discomfort, her fear, it was palpable. I
Iris
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to the next book!
Haira
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Have I told you how much I simultaneously love and hate cliifhangers in a book? 😭😂
Jackie
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing suspenseful story that gripped you from the first word. Getting saved and then having the killer in your hospital room is enough excitement. Loved it.
Paula  Phillips
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A favorite author of mine is Meli Raine, she is known to do trilogies, and each trilogy is a spin-off of the previous series. We have had Lindsey's story in Harmless Trilogy; then we had her friend who later turned out to be her sister but not Jane in the Shameless Trilogy. In the Shameless Trilogy, Jane meets a girl named Lily who could have passed as Jane; she was her doppelganger. Too bad though that this didn't work out as well for Lily, as when a hit is put out on Jane. It wasn't Jane who g ...more
Maria Dodd
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Loved it! No surprise there though. These characters have been dragging me along with them for some time. If you haven't already read them check out the Shameless series and the Harmless series. One day I will need to start right from the beginning and work my way through so I can see the characters developing now I know where they're going. They are so well written, as always with this author.

This book, from Lily's viewpoint, was totally gripping. Her thought processes coming out of a coma were
Shelley
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, just WOW😮

False memory has been a book I’ve wanted to read for ages, but because of it only being available on one platform I had to wait....yes impatiently, but it was worth the wait💕

In the previous series with Jane and Silas, we discovered so many secrets and revelations that it blew my mind. In that series Jane befriended Lily, a local who works at the flower 💐 shop. Lily is shot by mistake and this is her story😍

This book is fast paced, even though the first 1/4 deals with Lily in the ho
BookWorm
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lily wakes up from a fourteen-month coma and sees the person who tried to kill her. He is standing right behind my savior, the one who rescued me. If she tells anyone who the real killer is, she puts those people in danger. So, she fakes amnesia. The killer backs down and stops tracking her every where. But, Lily doesn't understand how her plan has many cracks and seems to be breaking right before her eyes. When everything goes down hill, will Lily tell the truth about her amnesia?

This title tho
Blushing Reader
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Dammit! That was crazy and what a cliffhanger!! Now I have to read the next one. So much intrigue and so many questions!!
Ixxati
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Omg! I love this!! I need book 2 ASAP!!
I don't know if I trust Duff or not goshhh i mean...he sounds perfect so yeahhh I don't know

🌟🌟🌟🌟.5
Rottgrl88
Jun 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
This is currently free on Amazon Kindle --- 07/30/2020

Megan
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: tumultuous, arc
Waking up and seeing your attempted killer's face is frightening enough. For Lily to realize she's been in a coma for 14 months and that killer has integrated themselves into her family is worse. Learning they know she knows who they are could spell her death, for real this time. Only by lying can Lily have the hope of surviving and saving her family in the process. Trusting no one is second only to lying to ensure the safety of all those she loves.

Lily is a very strong woman. I admired her inne
Christine
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
arc review For honest review When Lily is in a coma she knows who the man that shot in the head and that the shot was ment for Jane brokov but can't tell anyone . This is her story after she wakes up and gives a more of the story . Awesome story can't wait for more.
Kathy Wideman
This is the first book in a new series by Meli. This book has mystery, danger, and is very emotional. Lily was attacked at her parent’s flower shop. She has been in a coma for 14 months. Now she is away and semi functioning. But she isn’t out of danger by a long shot. She saw who attacked her right before she was attacked. Now she must pretend that she doesn’t remember who or what happened beyond what she has been told. So much happens in this book. Lily believes that by pretending she can’t rem ...more
Michelle Quintana
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me by the author for an honest review. Normally I don't care for books where the female character comes across as whiney. With this book, it didn't bother me because that became a part of Lilly's new life after she wakes up from a coma. She is full of anger and resentment because of how her attempted destroyed her once happy life because he mistook her for someone else. She knows who it is but is too terrified to say anything because she is afraid he will try to finish the ...more
Amanda
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this! While I was reading the shameless series I was wishing the whole time that something would happen with Lily and Duff, so when I finished the last book and saw that they had their own series, I jumped right into it.

Thankfully the first book was free, because you can only get it on Apple Books :( the next two books are also only on Apple Books but you have to pay for them. I have no issue paying for my books, but I hate having my books on separate platforms as I use a kindle.
Erica
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
False Memory is book one in a trilogy, it does end on a cliffhanger but the books are to be released a few weeks apart so no extended wait to finish the series. They cannot be read as stand alone and will need to be read in order.
I started this in the pickup line at school today and was quickly sucked in. Three little chapters and I could not put it down.
It's well written, fast paced and full of characters that make you question each and every ones motives.
As the beginning of a series it's a hom
Tonja Jasinski
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If you've read any previous books in previous series by Meli, you know you're in for a GREAT book (and cliffhanger)! This book follows mainly Duff and Lily (Janes look-a-like.) Lily was shot and in a coma for 14 months. But was she the true target or was it a case of mistaken identity? The shooter is actually a bodyguard who was assigned to her. But nobody knows she saw him. Throughout the book we see Lily's recovery. With sexual tension beween her & Duff (her bodyguard). In true Meli fashion th ...more
Paula D
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a intense story! Lily wakes up sees the man who shot her. Lily then decides she has to either tell someone or risk being killed. So amnesia is the answer. I loved this story it’s very slow pace though and I feel like it could have ended in this book so I’m wondering what else the author has in store with this trilogy. 4/5 stars
Maddie P
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Why didn’t she just tell someone and he’d have been busted and she’d have been safe?
Vikki Vaught
Great book with compelling characters and a unique plot. Loved the twists and turns in this one. The narrator are superb as always. Glad I discovered this author's books. Happy reading and listening!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• A Kiss in the Shadows (Lost Coast Harbor, #2)
  • Reservation with Death (The Park Hotel Mysteries #1)
  • When Noonday Ends (Southern Suspense, #4)
  • Looking for Clara
  • Always a Suspect (Task Force Eagle, #0.5)
  • Death on the Diversion (Secret Sleuth #1)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Until I Die Again (Soul Change, #1)
  • Murder in the Family (Hannah Kline Mysteries, #3)
  • Face of Death (A Zoe Prime Mystery #1)
  • Angry Betty
  • Delayed Gratification (Always Satisfied #2.5)
  • Royal Tease (Royals United #1)
  • Ice (Alaska Heat, #1)
  • Finding Home
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Shopping for a CEO's Honeymoon (Shopping for a Billionaire, #14)
  • Scrooged
USA Today bestselling author Meli Raine rode her first motorcycle when she was five years old, but she played in the ocean long before that. She lives in New England with her family.

Join her New Releases and Sales newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/beV0gf