Start by marking “Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)

Fix Her Up

( #1)

New York Times bestseller Tessa Bailey launches a super sexy new series featuring the blue collar men who work for a HGTV-esq house flipping business.

After an injury ends Travis Ford’s major league baseball career, he returns home to start over. He just wants to hammer out his frustrations at his new construction gig and forget all about his glory days. But he can’t even w
Published June 11th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Fix Her Up, please sign up.
Kamico She is one of my favorite authors but she might have priced her self out of my auto by list

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Once you read a Tessa Bailey romance, there is no going back... And FIX HER UP is not an exception because you will fall in love with Travis and Georgie instantly...

Instantly you are drawn to this marvelous cover, and then you read the synopsis and you think... "WOW GIVE ME THAT BAD BOY RIGHT THIS MOMENT! Let me just start this review by saying that if you have not read a book by Tessa Bailey then why are you even here? I mean, why are you waisting your time by reading this review? (Totally ki
Melanie

“Dammit, Georgie. You had to be exactly what I need, didn’t you?”

Best romance of 2019? Probably. Holy shit, friends, Fix Her Up blew me and every expectation I had out of the water. I will say, don’t let the *cute* cover fool you, this book has many explicit sex scenes, but it was some of the best sex, and best dirty talk, I’ve ever read in my entire life. BRB, buying everything Tessa Bailey has ever written.

But this is a story about two people who grew up in the same small town together. B
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Do not let this adorably unassuming cover fool you: this book was NAUGHTY AS HELL and I loved it SO MUCH. I buddy read this with Melanie and Jane and it was such a fucking great experience. Brb while I immediately re-read this bc I have a mighty ass need. Holy shit, y’all. READ DIS BOOK
Melissa
DNF @ CHAPTER 14

After several starts and stops, its official, I’m pulling the plug on my first Tessa Bailey. I kept telling myself that if I just pushed through a little further, at some point the story would really grab me. At 182 pages, that little exercise has proven futile. So, in the name of living reading my best life, I think it’s time to cut my losses and move on to something more worthy of my time.

I can’t deny, the uber-cute, smile-inducing cover made it darn near impossible to stop th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
One second, laughter kindled in his throat, and the next, it was tight. Just tight. Because flushed and looking up at him with her bright green eyes, Georgette Castle was the most beautiful thing on the planet.

This was so stinking cute! A lighthearted and steamy romance full of laughs and sizzle the likes of which only Bailey can write. I read it with a smile on my face from beginning to finish.

Georgette Castle is the perfect amount of quirky that I love in my heroines. She's the yo
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Ummm, HELLO NEW FAVORITE.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by HarperCollins)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Georgette Castle is a 23 yr. old woman who feels like nobody really takes her seriously. Her family rules the real estate scene in her town of Port Jefferson, Long Island with their popular renovation business. Georgie has always done her own thing, and enjoys planning children's birthday parties, but lately she wants more, and is ready to live her best life, and make all her dreams come true. This is the year she's going to have it all. She's prepared t
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

If you haven’t seen me mention it an infinite amount of times before, these cartoony cover romcoms have become my kryptonite. Meaning, I want them all and I want them now. There’s no need to read a blurb, or reviews, or look at ratings, I just know I need them in my life. The title/cover of this one led me to believe the action was going to center around my other guilty pleasure – house flipping. Little did I know that the flippy famil
Melanie (mells_view)
You have to fight for what you deserve. What you want is no more or less important than what anyone else wants.

Such a great read!

Travis is down on his luck after an injury. Add that to his man hooch reputation, and he’s practically shunned from the sport he considers his life, professional baseball. He’s grumpy. He’s depressed, and he’s pretty much a sloppy hermit. Georgie is just his best friends little sister, who has had a crush on Travis since she was a pre-teen. Travis has never taken her s
Emma
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

When I read the premise of this book I was sold. A romance about Georgie, a young woman who wants to be taken seriously despite her job and her age. Yes to that! The fake-dating trope with Travis, her brother’s best friend and former baseball star, yes please!
So, as I said, the premise was good, but then it went downhill pretty fast for me.
The beginning of the book was fine, it starts off with Ge
Hollis
I've not had the greatest luck with past Bailey reads but this cover was super cute and I was seeing mostly positive buzz so, when my blogging buddy expressed interest in reading it, I thought, why the hell not. I'll give it a go, too.

Where this story succeeded? Georgie. She's one hell of a great heroine. Passed over by her family, overlooked in both her social and love life, and a clown. Literally, professionally, a clown. She's got your trademark quirky girl thing down but it works. It really
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
It's hard to judge a book by something that's possible just me struggling with personal pet-peeves - but for me this book never took off.

The book was filled with popular tropes:
brother's best friend  |  fake relationship  |  man-whore and jock  |  virgin heroine

And the author succeeded in tackling some of these tropes better than others. But the overall plot will be satisfying for many readers. It's a sweet, and well written novel, unfortunately it wasn't the right book for me.

full review to com
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
There's this trend at the moment for romance book covers that is usually used for chick-lit and rom-com.

Personally, I LOVE THEM and even prefer them to the genre defining chest and six packs covers we often get in romance or erotica. That being said they can be somehow... misleading.
I honestly started this one thinking it was pure chick-lit, and the cover being overly cute I thought it would be some "Tessa Bailey'lite" novel. It wasn't. I'm so glad it wasn't!

THE SEX WAS GLORIOUS. UNF!
THE SLOW BU
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Fix Her Up
Series: Hot and Hammered #1
Author: Tessa Bailey
Release date: June 11, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: contemporary romance

The rom-com has made a huge comeback and with the increase in popularity, the illustrated cover is literally everywhere you look. I'm a sucker for these adorable covers. I get why they're being used to attract readers in romance, but I believe the cover should be a representation of the inside and I really don't think that's the case with this one. It's even pro
Isabella.R
4 Baby Girl Stars ⭐

Travis Ford moves back to his hometown Fort Jefferson after an injury ends his baseball league career. Seeing his future implode before his eyes, he has no immediate plans apart from drinking himself into a coma.

Georgie Castle is Fort Jefferson’s resident party clown extraordinaire; literally. Being the youngest of the Castle siblings, Georgie is used to being belittled and overlooked by her family. Even as a party planning businesswoman; no one really takes her seriously.
Th
☽ TheBibliotheque
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-arc

If I were to categorize my 2018 reading highlights, discovering Tessa Bailey would be in my romance top three. Shoutout to CristiinaReads for making me pick up Runaway Girl - I will be forever grateful. The reasons why I instantly fell in love with Bailey are simple. For one, this woman’s writing style is uncommonly good and
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

They could be friends, him and Georgie. That’s what was wrong. He didn’t want one—especially her. She was too young, too positive, and too related to his best friend.

Starting off the Hot and Hammered series, Fix Her Up is a perfect sweet and hot summer read. Georgie has been in love with her brother's bestfriend Travis ever since she can remember but
Anna Banana

OH EM GEE! I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK!.

For perhaps the first time this year, a book that I've been highly anticipating FINALLY lives up to my expectations. And let me tell you, it feels so damn good to be able to say that.

This book is the perfect blend of fake dating meets I've been secretly crushing on my older brother's best friend my entire life. Normally I'm not a fan of when the heroine has been secretly crushing on a guy and he's been oblivious and never noticed
Carol
2.5 stars.
This is a very hard book to rate and also to review IMO .
It is my first Tessa Bailey book so I am not sure if this is typical of her writing style or not!!

I found it a little weird to be honest, the characters didn't always make sense to me, aka the virgin "clown" girl (yes, that is in fact how she makes a living) and the depressed, ex-manwhore, ex-baseball player.
Georgie came across as a sweet and sassy 23 year old gal but she just wasn't believable to me in any way- for some reason
Gi's Spot Reviews

4 ‘The girl who loved me, even when I couldn’t love myself’ Stars

HOT DAMN!!! Tessa Bailey’s masterful writing strikes again in Fix Her Up! And what a perfect name for the series, because this book left plenty of HOT – still fanning myself, it is a #QueenOfDirtyTalking original, after all – AND hammered, to all these characters!

Everything about this book since it was announced it had been appealing to me, so much so that I couldn’t wait to read it, and cons
giulia
Do not let this cover fool you, this is naughty smutty fantastic shit and i loved every single second of it.
Dísir
Some time has passed since I’ve put my nose in a Tessa Bailey read and it’s only a reminder how assured Bailey is with words. Though I’ll be the first to say that her stories can be a hit or miss for me.

I wavered on ‘Fix Her Up’ despite the cute blurb. Tackling the brother’s best-friend, fake dating trope (crossed with the manwhore/guileless virgin one which I didn’t expect and detested), it actually started off pretty damn well, then turned predictably cringeworthy because the blurb hadn’t qui
Kathy - Books & Munches
Let’s start with the main characters – Georgie and Travis. They both grew so much over the course of this story, which I lived for. Not only them, there were also side characters showing obvious signs of growth. Any author capable of doing that deserves an extra star in my book!
When it comes to Georgie, I specifically loved seeing her go from being and feeling the “little sister” towards being her own woman, standing up for herself and fighting for what she wants. Seeing that evolution was wonde
Jaclyn
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you so much to Avon for sending this to me on Netgalley!!!

I LOVED IT!!! It was so incredibly sweet, adorable, and STEAMY!! Don’t let the cover or title fool you, this book is HOT! The sex scenes had me fanning myself but then something really cute would happen and make me smile huge!! I couldn’t get enough of this book, it was addicting to read and flew through it in two sittings. I literally spent the entire day in bed reading this and it was wonderful.

The story follows Georgie and Travi
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Sweet man. Strong man' Stars!

Of course, queen Tessa Bailey strikes again! This time with a new series that starts oh-so-sweetly! And in typical Bailey style, we get a love story with a quirky and amazing heroine and a cross but freaking sweet dirty talker. A couple that simply has completely stolen my heart with the development of this "falling for the best friend's brother" romance.

Fix Her Up is Tessa's newest release and it is the first installment of her new series: Hot and Hammered. We
Alex ♈
Manwhore male protagonist and virgin heroine, who pathetically crushed on him...
Are you freaking kidding me?
What are we? Dumb imbeciles? Is it so hard to write a book for sophisticated readers???!
Sabrina
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Fix Her Up was an adorable brothers-best-friend read that I enjoyed from the beginning to end. Georgie and Travis were really fun to read about, and their story actually took me all over the place. From their forbidden attraction, to makeovers, family drama, all the way to fake relationships. It sounds like it was too much, but it definitely wasn't. It kept me intrigued and dying to see what would happen with the relationship.

Full disclosure, I was actually nervous
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 11, 2019
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I have recently come to enjoy Tessa Bailey's novels and was thrilled to grab an advanced copy of Fix Her Up. This is the first book in the Hot and Hammered series and can be read as a standalone. The first thing I noticed about this book is the cute cover. I am loving how authors are using illustrated covers now a days rather than half naked men (I like them, but they are getting old!). What they tell me is that the boo
Jessica
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fake-dating
I am a huge sports romance fan, especially baseball, so when I saw Tessa Bailey's upcoming romance was with an injured baseball player, I wanted to get my hands on it as soon as possible. And, considering the cover is just too darn cute, I had a good feeling about this book.

As the youngest in her family, Georgie has never been taken seriously. Throw in the fact that she's a professional clown for a living and nobody sees her as the grownup she wants to be viewed as. When baseball player Travis
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
This was so so so good. I devoured it in a day. Super steamy, laugh out loud funny at times, deeply emotional at others. A slow burning best friend's littlle sister, fake relationship love story all woven together seamlessly with smart writing and captivating, quirky characters. I highly recommend this one!
incorrect series name for book 1 13 Mar 26, 2019 11:18AM

• The Unhoneymooners
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • Get Her to the Church On Time (Rokesbys #4)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Pride and Dad Jokes (Ideal Man, #1)
  • The Two Week Arrangement (Penthouse Affair, #1)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Meet Cute
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors

(2 books)
  • Love Her or Lose Her
“Maybe it was the way she only reached his shoulder that sent protectiveness surging up to his jugular, while somehow—at the very same time—he wanted to seek refuge in her.” 1 likes