Start by marking “Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)

Fix Her Up

(Hot & Hammered #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  100,891 ratings  ·  11,139 reviews
After an injury ends Travis Ford’s major league baseball career, he returns home to start over. He just wants to hammer out his frustrations at his new construction gig and forget all about his glory days. But he can’t even walk through town without someone recapping his greatest hits. Or making a joke about his… bat. And then there’s Georgie, his buddy’s little sister, wh ...more
Published June 11th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Fix Her Up, please sign up.
Becky Publishers set prices, as others have pointed out.

Publishers set prices, as others have pointed out.

I'm here to point out that if my rural library has digital ebooks and audiobooks available of it, yours probably does too.(less)
Joy It gets *very* explicit. I enjoy a good smutty book, but this was too much for me in terms of explicitness. Even some light taboo as well. If you’re n…moreIt gets *very* explicit. I enjoy a good smutty book, but this was too much for me in terms of explicitness. Even some light taboo as well. If you’re not into that, I would give this a pass for sure.(less)

·  100,891 ratings  ·  11,139 reviews

Start your review of Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
Whitney Atkinson
This book is five years behind its time, as seen in its creepy, overprotective, easily-angered love interest and an air-headed, literal clown main character. My list of things I disliked about this book was vast, but I just couldn’t shake the feeling that I cannot BELIEVE this book was published in 2019, especially through such a massive publisher. For me to have enjoyed this, I think it would need a huge facelift in how the love interest treats the main character, the descriptions were written, ...more
Kat
Dec 02, 2020 marked it as will-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
nope, can’t do it. i picked this up from the library on a whim & it is about to single handedly undo all the lovely progress i’ve made with the romance genre this year.

there are already so many little things that don't sit right w/ me in this book, and after that first sex scene...i gotta go.

-the infantilization of the main character by her love interest is making me suuuuper uncomfy. i get that she’s his friend’s younger sister and they grew up together, but the age thing is *really* taking the
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 7/20/21: I needed a pick me up and Georgie DELIVERED. I love this boooooook.

Re-read 4/18/20: I stan Georgie so hard, wow. This book makes me so!!!! happy!!!!

Re-read 7/13/19: I know this book doesn't do it for everyone, but it really, REALLY does it for me. It's SO CHARMING and SO FUNNY while also being SO SEXY and I just really fucking love it. Also I would 100% die for Georgie, she's just SO CUTEEEEEEEEE. Honestly y'all everything about this book makes me grin from ear to ear and I'M NE
Ayman
Apr 30, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book had me in a fucking headlock y’all. if there’s one thing i go feral for it’s a broken man becoming unbroken because of a girl. i ate that shit up.

there’s something really poetic when the love interest tries to deny for better part of the book how much they love the main character but everyone can see CLEARLY they gave their heart to the mc from the very first day 🥵🥵🥵

Now usually i’d stay 10 miles from a man named Travis but the Travis in this book had me blowing my hairdryer threw my d
Melanie
i really loved this

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Content and trigger warnings for abandonment and an emotionally abusive parent.
. (not active on this account stop adding me)
edit: if you're going to be offended enough to shit talk me in a group chat and get all of your friends to block me because of this review, that's a bit immature. 1 star reviews and people's opinions aren't a direct attack against you. grow the fuck up.

The best thing about this book is my reading of it got multiple people to remove it from their TBR's and lower their ratings.

I've read a lot of romance books in my time. I've seen as many descriptions of a man's genitals as you could imagine. I'
chan ☆
pros
- proposal

cons
- "baby girl"
- he calls his dick "two bats"
- dude don't deserve her
Melissa
DNF @ CHAPTER 14

After several starts and stops, its official, I’m pulling the plug on my first Tessa Bailey. I kept telling myself that if I just pushed through a little further, at some point the story would really grab me. At 182 pages, that little exercise has proven futile. So, in the name of living reading my best life, I think it’s time to cut my losses and move on to something more worthy of my time.

I can’t deny, the uber-cute, smile-inducing cover made it darn near impossible to stop th
pauline
Aug 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don’t listen to this average rating of 3.58 😒 go read this book it’s amazing and will have you sweating ITS SO HOT
CristiinaReads❀
Once you read a Tessa Bailey romance, there is no going back... And FIX HER UP is not an exception because you will fall in love with Travis and Georgie instantly...

Instantly you are drawn to this marvelous cover, and then you read the synopsis and you think... "WOW GIVE ME THAT BAD BOY RIGHT THIS MOMENT! Let me just start this review by saying that if you have not read a book by Tessa Bailey then why are you even here? I mean, why are you waisting your time by reading this review? (Totally
jessica
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
confession - i was completely prepared to hate this book. truly. ive read pretty much nothing but bad reviews for this but, like a car wreck, i just couldnt stop myself from looking.

so imagine my complete shock when it turned this wasnt a total car wreck of a story, but a story that gives you the same feeling you get when you hit every green light. just a constant go, go, go feeling of everything great. humour and banter and love and friendships and woman empowerment and crazy hot baseball playe
Drcong O '
calling your dick two-bats isn't cute 😣 Travis is a dummy bitch

is he trying to be batman??? baby boy, you could never 🙄🙄🙄🙄

also, Georgie from this book reminds me of Georgie from IT and the Georgie in this book is a clown but the Georgie in IT got eaten by a clown 🤡🤡🤡

this book was boring and the only thing giving me motivation to read this were the sexy scenes 🤷‍♀️

Travis is the actual clown 🤡

I also cannot get over how he said “My dick aches so bad. Make it stop.” LMAOO it's just so.... funny. You
paula.
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
right from the start i have to tell you that i am aghast that this is a published book in 2019. i understand that this is an adult romance and a lot of books in this genre have problematic elements. i don't understand, however, why it is necessary to include them in a 2019 release. the possessiveness, the sexism, all of it is just so wrong and just plainly bad.

first of all, travis literally isn't interested in georgie until she changes her style (haircut + tighter clothes) and another man takes
Tatiana
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
How about this radical idea for a 2019 best friend's little sister romance trope - he meets his best friend's younger sister after years of being away, finally gets to know her as a person, appreciates her maturity and all her great qualities, doesn't need her to go through a waxing/clothing makeover and show her ass in a tight skirt to get his attention, or bring him food, or clean his place, falls in love with her and DOESN'T CALL HER "BABY GIRL" AND BRING UP HER FATHER DURING SEX?

I didn't ent
Kaceey
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
3.75*
It’s quite possible I’m still blushing!☺️

I read all the reviews! I heard it was a steamy read! Yet I failed to believe a story revolving sweet little innocent Georgie having a long standing crush on a washed up baseball player could be a hot read!

Well ladies and gentleman…the gloves are off! Yikes! Heed the warning!

I listened to the audio which gave it that much more of a steamy air!
If this is your cup of tea... I recommend the audio! The narrators were a perfect match for the characters.
Chelsea Humphrey
Well, it's official: Tessa Bailey is my love language. That was so incredibly satisfying, and I'm thrilled to see that a sequel featuring Rosie and Dominic is in the works! Also? I highly recommend doing yourself a favor and snagging the audiobook if you're the listening type, because Charlotte North is a confirmed angel.

*Audiobook borrowed from the library via Hoopla.
Isabella. R
4 Making a Difference Stars ⭐️

Travis Ford is back in his hometown after an injury ends his baseball league career. Seeing his future implode before his eyes, he has no immediate plans apart from drinking himself into a coma.

Georgie Castle is Fort Jefferson’s resident party clown extraordinaire. Being the youngest of the Castle siblings, she's used to being belittled and overlooked by her family. Even with a promising party planning business, no one really takes her seriously. That's until Tra
BernLuvsBooks
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-reads, 2019
Holy Steamy, Explicit Sex Scenes! Do NOT let that cutesy cover fool you, 😉.

3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ for the story, definitely 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for the steam (sorry, not sorry! 😘) so I'm going with the in-between rating of 4!

Georgette Castle may be a professional clown (hmm, can a clown make for a sexy leading lady? I had some trouble accepting that but I digress) but as the youngest in her family, all she wants is to be taken seriously. Travis Ford is forced into early retirement from baseball due to a career endi
♡tanaz♡
Dec 27, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romcommies
3.5 stars ⭐⭐⭐

georgie:
description

travis:
description
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Fix Her Up was my first book by Tessa Bailey and, to be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect. Reviews from my friends are all over the map, and people seem to love this book or hate it.

Frankly, I was expecting to hate it. But I didn't. I actually adored this one and wanted MORE.

I have issues with contemporary romance, especially those that most people seem to love. Don't get me started on the uber-popular Kristen Ashley books (no shade, they just don't work for me), and some of my l
Whitney Erwin
Jun 04, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have become quite a fan of Tessa Bailey! She knows how to do romance and boy oh boy, can she bring the steam!!! This book definitely gets 5/5 for the steam factor!!! The storyline all together though, I would give a 3.5! It's not bad but it's not overly impressive, either. It was a fun, cute story with lots of steam and spice blended in. There are 2 more books in the series, and I may check them out because I feel slightly involved in the characters now and want to see what the future holds fo ...more
Samantha
I honestly didn’t quite dislike this book as much as I thought I would when I first started it and immediately got weird vibes, but a lot of my issues with it are that it is so over the top.

This is a fake dating romance between a “good girl” who is the baby of the family and not taken seriously (not helped by the fact that she’s an actual professional clown) and a “bad boy” former baseball player who has a history of hookups. They have known each other since childhood and she has always harbore
Kat
DNF at 69%

"Look at me while I'm teaching you how to fuck" is when I quit this book.

This book is run amuck with misogyny, like to the point where I'm convinced it had to have been ghost written by a man.

The main female character is Georgie, a woman defined by her virginity, her clown career, and her unexplained crush on her brother's bestie Travis.

Travis is a well known womanizer and retired baseball player, also known as "two bats" because his dick is also a bat I guess, which must explain the
Bonnie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I hated a book from start to finish, but WOOOOW. This was not even on my radar until I saw people starting to give it 5 or 4 stars and raving about it. I respect that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but y'all done LIED to me. I'm so annoyed that I don't even wanna type this review and I'm certainly not gonna say all that needs to be said, but here we go.

First of all, the writing. My god. I should have known that a book that starts with "No freaking way" was going t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
One second, laughter kindled in his throat, and the next, it was tight. Just tight. Because flushed and looking up at him with her bright green eyes, Georgette Castle was the most beautiful thing on the planet.

This was so stinking cute! A lighthearted and steamy romance full of laughs and sizzle the likes of which only Bailey can write. I read it with a smile on my face from beginning to finish.

Georgette Castle is the perfect amount of quirky that I love in my heroines. She'
Gabby
I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t love this one because everyone seems to think this book is so sexy and steamy but I personally thought it was super cheesy and annoying.

-Started off really promising, loved the characters and their chemistry
-This story features some things I love: a baseball player, fake dating trope
-It also has a trope that I don’t typically enjoy: when he was her childhood crush and now she gets the chance to be with him (idk why I never tend to truly love books with t
ALet
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
★★½ /5

This was very fast, summery read. The main character had a big personality and was fun to follow her around. The love interest wasn’t that interesting as I hoped he would be. The plot was nothing special; it hadn’t a lot of depth and didn’t reach its potential, because the premise sounded a lot more intriguing. The writing style was simple and easy to understand. For my this book was very average, but I am not mad about it, I do not regret reading it. I would recommend this book for people
daria ❀
i would recommend this to anyone who is on the brink of orgasm and needs that final push.....everyone else should just skip it
Beenish
Feb 28, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
0.5★| This is one of the worst books I've read so far this year. Even Shadow and Bone was better than this. This was:
Amazing at first, sick in the middle, and cheesy in the end.

The quiet got too loud once you’d come and gone. How dare you.

I've actually never read the "in-love-with-brother's-best-friend" trope and I think the trope sounds great and I was so excited for this esp. because I hadn't read any romances lately and my other current read had zero romance (as a subplot) in it too.

I'm n
Carol
2.5 stars.
This is a very hard book to rate and also to review IMO .
It is my first Tessa Bailey book so I am not sure if this is typical of her writing style or not!!

I found it a little weird to be honest, the characters didn't always make sense to me, aka the virgin "clown" girl (yes, that is in fact how she makes a living) and the depressed, ex-manwhore, ex-baseball player.
Georgie came across as a sweet and sassy 23 year old gal but she just wasn't believable to me in any way- for some reason
YA Buddy Readers'...: Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey - Restarting August 12th 2021 17 62 Aug 20, 2021 08:12PM
❀The Never-ending...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fix her up - Starting August 6th 28 17 Aug 14, 2021 07:27AM
incorrect series name for book 1 72 Mar 26, 2019 11:18AM

• Love on the Brain
  • Under One Roof (The STEMinist Novellas, #1)
  • The Cheat Sheet
  • Mr. Wrong Number
  • Stuck with You (The STEMinist Novellas, #2)
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • The Roommate (The Shameless Series, #1)
  • The American Roommate Experiment (Spanish Love Deception, #2)
  • Below Zero (The STEMinist Novellas, #3)
  • The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • A Not So Meet Cute (Cane Brothers, #1)
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • Twisted Games (Twisted, #2)
  • Icebreaker (UCMH, #1)
  • Terms and Conditions  (Dreamland Billionaires, #2)
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • Twisted Hate (Twisted, #3)
  • Book Lovers
See top shelves…
New York Times Bestselling author Tessa Bailey can solve all problems except for her own, so she focuses those efforts on stubborn, fictional blue collar men and loyal, lovable heroines. She lives on Long Island avoiding the sun and social interactions, then wonders why no one has called. Dubbed the “Michelangelo of dirty talk,” by Entertainment Weekly, Tessa writes with spice, spirit, swoon and a ...more

Hot & Hammered (3 books)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Tools of Engagement (Hot & Hammered, #3)

Articles featuring this book

It's time for happily ever after! If you're looking for a story to pull at your heartstrings, satisfy your soul, and make you believe in true...
“You have to fight for what you deserve. What you want is no more or less important than what anyone else wants.” 34 likes
“Why do women believe they need an occasion to dress up? Dress up for life, goddammit!” 28 likes