Start by marking “Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)

Devil's Daughter

(The Ravenels #5)

New York Times bestselling author Lisa Kleypas delivers a scintillating tale of a beautiful, young widow who finds passion with the one man she shouldn't...

Although beautiful young widow Phoebe, Lady Clare, has never met West Ravenel, she knows one thing for certain: he's a mean, rotten bully. Back in boarding school, he made her late husband's life a misery, and she'll ne
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published February 19th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Daughter, please sign up.
Rose Maria Wow....now you mentioned it even I feel so....and yeah even I feel Pandora as Beatrix and Cassandra as poppy....just waiting for romantic Cassandra…moreWow....now you mentioned it even I feel so....and yeah even I feel Pandora as Beatrix and Cassandra as poppy....just waiting for romantic Cassandra and high functioning sociopath tom(less)
Carol Hi Edlyn,

I just found this link from Harper Collins and the release date is Feb. 26th, 2019 and the cover is there too!

…more
Hi Edlyn,

Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
Full Review Feb 23 2019:

5 BILLION TRILLION STARS ADFSLKDHFSJNDFSDKF I. CANT. DEAL. UGH IT WILL TAKE ME LIKE A MONTH TO RECOVER FROM HOW AMAZING THIS WAS I SWEAR

HOOOLLYYY MOTHER OF OAIWHEKFJSDF SHIT JUST FINISHED. DID Y'ALL HEAR I JUST FINISHED AND IT. WAS. EVERYTHING.

UGH

God this book was so fucking good. I started at 11 pm and literally stayed up till 4 and devoured it in one sitting lmao. MAY I JUST SAY I have been waiting for this book for a freaking year and it. DELIVERED.

aright aright ari
Penny Reid
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading Lisa Kleypas makes me question whether I should be writing books at all. She is a MASTER, her stories always give me that lovely pang in my chest and the sense of being lost in another world. My plan had been to wait and save this book for when I needed something great to read. Alas, I lasted one week. :-\

That's okay, I'll re-read it. :-)
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

If you asked me about my favorite Historical Romance author I wouldn't be able to pick one. There are too many who write exceptional stories. But there is one who will always be in the top three: Lisa Kleypas. I've read almost all of her HR books and there wasn't a single one I didn't love. But we all have this one hero, written by one of our favorite authors that stands out and will always occupy a special place in our hearts. In my case that is Sebastian St. Vincent from Devil in Winter. That
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
He kissed like a man who had lived too fast, learned too late, and had finally found the thing he wanted.

I feel myself fall into a perpetual state of bliss each time I crack open a Lisa Kleypas book. And this time was no different. I've been eagerly anticipating this book, and now that I've finished it, quite frankly, I don't know what to do with myself. Devil's Daughter was everything I had hoped it would be, and trust me when I tell you that I hope a GREAT DEAL.

Devil in Winter was m
Holly
Three, WEST SAVED THIS BOOK, stars.
West, the irascible brother who was pretty much the only highlight to the previous book, Hello Stranger, is also the only highlight to this one for me. He's smexy, witty, hilariously self deprecating, and has a natural ease with children - what's not to like? Well, for one, there is his choice in kind of boring women in the form of our heroine, Phoebe. With her red hair and Sebastian as her father (from the Wallflowers series), I was expecting a more fiery dis
Jilly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hero in this book, West, is the guy that everyone has loved throughout this series. He's a reformed rake, the best HR character type, and always funny. The best part? Who his heroine is, because she is the daughter of another reformed rake that we ALL fell in love with in the Wallflowers series, Sebastian. And, that means we get glimpses of him too. Here's a description of him from his book (way back when):

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin a
Mo
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I adored Phoebe and West.

This wasn't the first time a highly respectable woman had given him the cold shoulder. But it was the first time it had ever stung.

She had been so beautiful there by the stream, as flowerlike as the wild irises on the banks.

Phoebe felt a hollowing sadness inside. There was something melancholy about a train whistle, the twin notes bracketing the air like an empty set of parentheses.

OLT
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel so ashamed and so weak. And cheapened. How could I do this? Lisa Kleypas and I were officially divorced in March of 2018 after I read HELLO STRANGER. And then what do I go and do? Hook up with her again in February of 2019 for this book. Now that it's over I don't feel at all good about myself. And that time together wasn't pleasurable. No Big O for me here. I've been left completely unsatisfied and feel so bad about myself. Not only that, but I had to pay her for the hookup.

I blame it on
Viri
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actualización: después de haberlo leído... SIN SPOILERS.

1. NO ES ENEMIES TO LOVERS CÓMO PENSABA.
2. NO se parecen a Leo y Francesca.
3. ME DECEPCIONÓ UN POCO pero sale mucho mi amor Sebastián así que obviamente no puedo ponerle menos de 4.
4. Phoebe me gustó mucho, en cierto momento llegó a ser la perseguidora en lugar de la perseguida y fue un buen cambio. No era la viuda mártir del tipo NO VOLVERÉ A AMAR PORQUE YA CONOCÍ EL AMOR. Y shalala. Me gustó mucho.
5. Sebastian y Evie son lo mejor de lo me
Pepa
Reseña completa: https://masromance.blogspot.com/2019/...

Una novela en la que creo ha puesto todos sus conocimientos. Ha cogido una historia que sabe que gusta con un protagonista masculino, de los que sabe que nos gustan, de esos que cada vez que abre la voza, se nos doblan las piernas... no le falta de nada, oye y encima chicarrón encantador, y nos recupera a nuestros personajes queridos de sus novelas más conocidas
Todo esto lo agita y le sale una novela con una historia muy bonita, de las que
Chitra *CJ*
Feb 27, 2018 marked it as next-on-my-tbr
Edit: Oh dear lord the blurb is out and it sound AMAZING!!! ANGST AND LOVE AND SECOND CHANCES!!! NEEEEEEEED!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! MORE FROM LK!! AND MORE RAVENELS!! I WAAAAANTTTT *taps fingers*
Come to me Phoebe and West!!!!! *dramatically begs*
peachygirl
FINALLY.
The year long wait was so worth it!
West Ravenel is the best kind of book boyfriend there is. A Reformed Rake. Not as awesome as Lord St.Vincent (who is though??), but definitely deserves a spot among the likes of Leo Hathaway. Infact, in many instances, this hotheaded Ravenel reminded me of Leo and Kev alternatively. Witty, wicked and sarcastic with a pinch of self depreciating humor, West was undeniably the best part of the Ravenel series.
Phoebe, Lady Clare, was not at all who I pictur
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I might have given this a mediocre 3 stars or 2.5 rounded to 3 if it wasn't LK. But because it IS, and she (used to be) one of my FAVE HR writers, and I have been waiting for this book for a YEAR, and I have had such high hopes after reading a couple of other ones in this series, and this is THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER!! Sebastian's daughter!! That in the end the result that fell soooooo short of expectations is what made me tear another star off.

description

Let me count the ways in which this book is a WASTE OF
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 5 STARS <3

Such a beautiful story, this is one of my top favorite reads in the series!It has everything I wanted and even more.I loved it so much and this story, touched me in so many ways.My heart was aching for both characters, as they struggled with their own issues.

I adored West and Phoebe, they were perfect for each other.Phoebe is a smart,strong,sweet and lovely heroine.I could easily relate with her.West is a swoon worthy hero and I love the slow burn between them!Their romance wa
Anna Casanovas
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tengo dos teorías con esta serie, la primera es que la señora Kleypas se va animando, le va cogiendo cariño, a medida que va avanzando. La segunda, que la señora Kleypas, que tiene mucho talento y es muy lista, ha identificado perfectamente qué tramas y qué personajes son los preferidos de sus lectoras y los "recupera y aumenta". Yo prefiero que una autora no repita tramas, que haga aparecer personajes de otros libros me gusta, la verdad, pero cuando una autora escribe tan bien como la señora Kl ...more
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Devil's Daughter
Series: Ravenels #5
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release date: February 19, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: historical romance

If you would have told me I'd be excited about West's book when I started the series, I'd have thought you were full of it. But here I am, saying that this was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I loved every minute of it. West has gone through such a transformation, proving over and over again that he's a changed man who wants to do the right thing
Ms. Smartarse
Victorian weddings! The place to be, if you want to mingle with the nobility: dressing up, dancing the night away, indulging in some of the most decadent food and... perhaps even meet that special someone?

If you're a widow, freshly out of mourning however, then you might think twice about attending... provided you can come up with a really good explanation for skipping your favorite brother's wedding. And Phoebe can't. She truly wanted to rant her way out of keeping company with her late husban
Kimberly
Mar 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Fingers crossed for more Sebastian and Evie!
Sammy Loves Books
***5 "Reformed Rakes are Great Book Boyfriend" stars***

I've been so giddy with anticipation and Kleypas comes through with another winner!!!

description

Just when I'm not looking forward to a book or overly excited about a character, Wes Ravenel comes along and steals my heart right out of my chest! I mean, he's sexy as sin, honest to a fault, hard working, hung like a horse, and absolutely delicious in bed!

description

I love that he was once a rake and is now regretful of his behavior and how the people he care about
Stacey is Sassy
I loved the Devil and his Daughter

Back in the olden days (3 years ago) I was able to read five (5!!!!) books a week. Now, I’m lucky to read one. Don’t feel too bad for me, I am coping with this loss by supplementing the shortfall with a lot of audio books. It makes me a little sad though, that a book that would normally have taken me 24 hours, took me five days to read. I wanted…needed to read Devil’s Daughter quicker, but life got in the way.

By the end of the first chapter of this story, I kne
Grecia Robles
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** 4 Me ciega el Fangirleo STARS ***

West sonrió levemente, su mirada obsesionada regresó a la figura de Phoebe en el retrato. "No la merezco", murmuró, sin tener la intención de hacerlo.
"Por supuesto que no. Tampoco merezco a mi esposa. Es un hecho injusto de la vida que los peores hombres terminen con las mejores mujeres ".

SEBASTIAN

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
🎼🎤

AMOOOOO a este hombre, es perfección en su m
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nuestra reseña en A la cama con... un libro

Apártate, cordura, que viene el fangirlismooooo! La verdad es que objetivamente serían 4'5 o por ahí, pero solo tengo que añadir cierto nombre para que se me dispare el estrellómetro: Sebastian 😍😍😍😍😍😍
Vintage
Sadly, not a five star, but not a one star by any means.

Who's the good boy?

Well, not the latest St. Vincent since that would be the son of the man we all love... to love, but the ex St. Vincent, Sebastian, from Devil in Winter, now the Duke of Kingston. Our St. Vincent is still top of the food chain in this book that features his oldest daughter.

No, St. V doesn’t overwhelm the story, but if you’re a fan any glimpses are great.

Phoebe is a widow with two young boys. She adored her young husband wh
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

What a wonderful romance this book turned out to be! I have been a huge fan of Lisa Kleypas for a long time and this book was a perfect example of the quality of her storytelling. I was swept away by Phoebe and West's story. This is the fifth book in the Ravenels series but it works well as a stand-alone. Longtime readers of Kleypas will enjoy getting the chance to catch up with some well-loved characters. This is a book that I went
Sam (AMNReader)
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine me hovering between 3&4 stars. This book felt too strong for 3, but there were some choices I didn't love, along with others I did.

Also: excuse typos. I'm on my phone and away.

Shall I get the most controversial piece out of the way first? If West and Phoebe are sharing pages with Sebastian and Evie, proceed with caution. Phoebe and West started strong enough characters to do that, but in the end although I liked those bits Sebastian was constantly upstaging West. Call me crazy, but I
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
WEST. WEST'S BOOK AT LASTTTT!!!

Mei
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I was expecting something more from the Devil's daughter!

Phoebe is just a nice person. Good mother, good wife to an invalid husband, good nurse... just plain good!

West, on the other hand was a deliciously bad guy in Cold-Hearted Rake! Here we see how his redemption transformed him into a deliciously good guy. Good hardworking estate manager loved by all the tenents and servants.

The story is well written and I enjoyed how they got together without too much fuss, but it was not what I was expecti
nick

If you were to ask me who my favorite author is, I'd tell you in a heartbeat that it's Lisa Kleypas. She's an author whose works I value tremendously, not only because they are outstanding, but also because she is the author who got me invested in romance. Devil's Daughter was one of those books that I knew even before going in that I would love. I'm happy to report that my gut was not wrong and that Lisa Kleypas showed yet again why she sits firmly at the top of my favorite authors list.

Devil's
Melanie A.
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio: 5+ STARS!
[Another FABULOUS performance by Mary Jane Wells.]

Story: 0 - 50% 5++ STARS!!
Story: 50 - 100% 4 STARS
She was beginning to understand temptation as she never had before. How it could unravel a well-behaved lifetime in a matter of minutes.
Aaaahhhhhh! What can I say, I've loved West Ravenel from the beginning; the irreverence, the sarcasm, the humility . . . and I got an entire book filled with him.

I cannot begin to convey how much I LOVED the first half of Devil's Daughter. It
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.9 Stars

Sweet story, but I was expecting more. More being that Phoebe is Sebastian’s daughter and the title is Devil’s Daughter, so I was hoping to really get a wildcat Phoebe, a Sebastian’s-sins-has-come-back-to-haunt-him-in-the-form-of-an-uncontrollable-daughter storyline. But alas I got the compete opposite.

Phoebe is a widow who was married to a sallow man. Their life was dull, the exact opposite of adventurous. Even her eating habits were bland. In meeting West she started to bloom again.
We Love Lisa Kleypas: Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels #5) 8 50 Apr 01, 2019 04:47PM
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • Untitled (Rokesbys #4)
  • Say No to the Duke (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #4)
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • The Devil Comes Courting (The Worth Saga #3)
  • When a Rogue Meets His Match (Greycourt, #2)
  • A Dark and Stormy Knight (Victorian Rebels, #7)
  • Lightning Bay
  • A Rogue by Night (The Devils of Dover, #3)
  • The Devilish Lord Will (MacKenzies & McBrides, #10)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • Lady Derring Takes a Lover (The Palace of Rogues #1)
  • It's Getting Scot in Here (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #1)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
“If the hero hasn’t turned up, you may have to settle for the villain.” “If the villain’s the one who turns up, he is the hero.” 8 likes
“You suffered no injuries?” Two long, wet fingers hooked the top of her neckline and tugged her closer to the side of the bathtub. Sebastian’s eyes were pale, lucent blue, sparkling like winter starlight. “I may have enough of a sprain to require your services.” A smile curved her lips. “What services?” “I need a bath maid.” Catching one of her hands, he drew it down into the water. “For my hard-to-reach places.” 8 likes