Start by marking “Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)

Devil's Daughter

(The Ravenels #5)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  19,067 ratings  ·  2,258 reviews
A scintillating tale of a beautiful, young widow who finds passion with the one man she shouldn't . . .

Although beautiful young widow Phoebe, Lady Clare, has never met West Ravenel, she knows one thing for certain: he's a mean, rotten bully. Back in boarding school, he made her late husband's life a misery, and she'll never forgive him for it. But when Phoebe attends a
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published February 19th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Daughter, please sign up.
Rose Maria Wow....now you mentioned it even I feel so....and yeah even I feel Pandora as Beatrix and Cassandra as poppy....just waiting for romantic Cassandra an…moreWow....now you mentioned it even I feel so....and yeah even I feel Pandora as Beatrix and Cassandra as poppy....just waiting for romantic Cassandra and high functioning sociopath tom(less)
Carol Hi Edlyn,

I just found this link from Harper Collins and the release date is Feb. 26th, 2019 and the cover is there too!

Hi Edlyn,

·  19,067 ratings  ·  2,258 reviews

Start your review of Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
Sara Reads (mostly) Romance
Full Review Feb 23 2019:

5 BILLION TRILLION STARS ADFSLKDHFSJNDFSDKF I. CANT. DEAL. UGH IT WILL TAKE ME LIKE A MONTH TO RECOVER FROM HOW AMAZING THIS WAS I SWEAR

HOOOLLYYY MOTHER OF OAIWHEKFJSDF SHIT JUST FINISHED. DID Y'ALL HEAR I JUST FINISHED AND IT. WAS. EVERYTHING.

UGH

God this book was so fucking good. I started at 11 pm and literally stayed up till 4 and devoured it in one sitting lmao. MAY I JUST SAY I have been waiting for this book for a freaking year and it. DELIVERED.

aright aright a
Penny Reid
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading Lisa Kleypas makes me question whether I should be writing books at all. She is a MASTER, her stories always give me that lovely pang in my chest and the sense of being lost in another world. My plan had been to wait and save this book for when I needed something great to read. Alas, I lasted one week. :-\

That's okay, I'll re-read it. :-)
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

If you asked me about my favorite Historical Romance author I wouldn't be able to pick one. There are too many who write exceptional stories. But there is one who will always be in the top three: Lisa Kleypas. I've read almost all of her HR books and there wasn't a single one I didn't love. But we all have this one hero, written by one of our favorite authors that stands out and will always occupy a special place in our hearts. In my case that is Sebastian St. Vincent from Devil in Winter. That
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
He kissed like a man who had lived too fast, learned too late, and had finally found the thing he wanted.

I feel myself fall into a perpetual state of bliss each time I crack open a Lisa Kleypas book. And this time was no different. I've been eagerly anticipating this book, and now that I've finished it, quite frankly, I don't know what to do with myself. Devil's Daughter was everything I had hoped it would be, and trust me when I tell you that I hope a GREAT DEAL.

Devil in Wint
Jilly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hero in this book, West, is the guy that everyone has loved throughout this series. He's a reformed rake, the best HR character type, and always funny. The best part? Who his heroine is, because she is the daughter of another reformed rake that we ALL fell in love with in the Wallflowers series, Sebastian. And, that means we get glimpses of him too. Here's a description of him from his book (way back when):

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin
Anne
Oh my god.
Guess what?! <--you don't care but I'm going to tell you anyway.
I read this book last year and FORGOT. This? This is why I Goodread everything. Otherwise, I end up doing unplanned re-reads. Or in this case, unplanned re-listens because I used the audio version this time around. But that means that I didn't actually re-listen. I read it once and then listened to it once.
And none of that matters to you at all.
What matters is whether or not the story was any good. And it was! So, there y
Holly
Three, WEST SAVED THIS BOOK, stars.
West, the irascible brother who was pretty much the only highlight to the previous book, Hello Stranger, is also the only highlight to this one for me. He's smexy, witty, hilariously self deprecating, and has a natural ease with children - what's not to like? Well, for one, there is his choice in kind of boring women in the form of our heroine, Phoebe. With her red hair and Sebastian as her father (from the Wallflowers series), I was expecting a more fiery dis
OLT
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel so ashamed and so weak. And cheapened. How could I do this? Lisa Kleypas and I were officially divorced in March of 2018 after I read HELLO STRANGER. And then what do I go and do? Hook up with her again in February of 2019 for this book. Now that it's over I don't feel at all good about myself. And that time together wasn't pleasurable. No Big O for me here. I've been left completely unsatisfied and feel so bad about myself. Not only that, but I had to pay her for the hookup.

I blame it on
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
I might have given this a mediocre 3 stars or 2.5 rounded to 3 if it wasn't LK. But because it IS, and she (used to be) one of my FAVE HR writers, and I have been waiting for this book for a YEAR, and I have had such high hopes after reading a couple of other ones in this series, and this is THE DEVIL'S DAUGHTER!! Sebastian's daughter!! That in the end the result that fell soooooo short of expectations is what made me tear another star off.

description

Let me count the ways in which this book is a WASTE OF
Mo
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite
I loved this book. I adored Phoebe and West.

This wasn't the first time a highly respectable woman had given him the cold shoulder. But it was the first time it had ever stung.

She had been so beautiful there by the stream, as flowerlike as the wild irises on the banks.

Phoebe felt a hollowing sadness inside. There was something melancholy about a train whistle, the twin notes bracketing the air like an empty set of parentheses.

peachygirl
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
FINALLY.
The year long wait was so worth it!
West Ravenel is the best kind of book boyfriend there is. A Reformed Rake. Not as awesome as Lord St.Vincent, (who is though??) but definitely deserves a spot among the likes of Leo Hathaway. Infact, in many instances, this hotheaded Ravenel reminded me of Leo and Kev alternatively. Witty, wicked and sarcastic with a pinch of self deprecating humor, West was undeniably the best part of the Ravenel series.
Phoebe, Lady Clare, was not at all who I picture
Kat Valentine
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Lisa kleypas! I loved both West and phoebe and in early books both characters interested me. The writing was flawless as usual,but this was not a typical kleypas love story. Their Was some great intimate moments,but no passionate heat scorching, fan yourself moments that I've come to expect from this writer. I have read just about everything that Lisa kleypas has written and this series has been one of my very favorites. I will say that this a great historical romance and ...more
Warda
This made my heart ache in the best possible way. Reviewing is pointless since there’s no way I can articulate what I’m feeling right now. If I was speaking about it out loud, I’d be blubbering my way through it incoherently.

I’m so emotional!!! 😭
Sammy Loves Books
Re-read to get ready for Chasing Cassandra's release and I Loved it more the 2nd time!!

**5 "Reformed Rakes make Great Book Boyfriend" stars**

description

I've been so giddy with anticipation and Kleypas comes through with another winner!!!

Just when I'm not looking forward to a book or overly excited about a character, Wes Ravenel comes along and steals my heart right out of my chest! I mean, he's sexy as sin, honest to a fault, hard working, hung like a horse, and absolutely delicious in bed!

I love that he
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!!*****

Another fabulous read in this series!
Review to come!
Chitra *CJ*
Feb 27, 2018 marked it as next-on-my-tbr
Edit: Oh dear lord the blurb is out and it sound AMAZING!!! ANGST AND LOVE AND SECOND CHANCES!!! NEEEEEEEED!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! MORE FROM LK!! AND MORE RAVENELS!! I WAAAAANTTTT *taps fingers*
Come to me Phoebe and West!!!!! *dramatically begs*
Stacey is Sassy
I loved the Devil and his Daughter

Back in the olden days (3 years ago) I was able to read five (5!!!!) books a week. Now, I’m lucky to read one. Don’t feel too bad for me, I am coping with this loss by supplementing the shortfall with a lot of audio books. It makes me a little sad though, that a book that would normally have taken me 24 hours, took me five days to read. I wanted…needed to read Devil’s Daughter quicker, but life got in the way.

By the end of the first chapter of this story, I kne
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

Such a beautiful story, this is one of my top favorite reads in the series!It has everything I wanted and even more.I loved it so much and this story, touched me in so many ways.My heart was aching for both characters, as they struggled with their own issues.

I adored West and Phoebe, they were perfect for each other.Phoebe is a smart,strong,sweet and lovely heroine.I could easily relate with her.West is a swoon worthy hero and I love the slow burn between them!Their romance was addi
Ms. Smartarse
Victorian weddings! The place to be, if you want to mingle with the nobility: dressing up, dancing the night away, indulging in some of the most decadent food and... perhaps even meet that special someone?

If you're a widow fresh out of mourning however, then you might think twice about attending. Provided, of course, you can come up with a really good explanation for skipping your favorite brother's wedding. And Phoebe can't. Don't misunderstand her, she truly wanted to rant her way out of keep
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Devil's Daughter
Series: Ravenels #5
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Release date: February 19, 2019
Cliffhanger: No
Genre: historical romance

If you would have told me I'd be excited about West's book when I started the series, I'd have thought you were full of it. But here I am, saying that this was one of my most anticipated books of the year and I loved every minute of it. West has gone through such a transformation, proving over and over again that he's a changed man who wants to do the right thing
Vintage
Sadly, not a five star, but not a one star by any means.

Who's the good boy?

Well, not the latest St. Vincent since that would be the son of the man we all love... to love, but the ex St. Vincent, Sebastian, from Devil in Winter, now the Duke of Kingston. Our St. Vincent is still top of the food chain in this book that features his oldest daughter.

No, St. V doesn’t overwhelm the story, but if you’re a fan any glimpses are great.

Phoebe is a widow with two young boys. She adored her young husband wh
Kimberly
Mar 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance, historical
Fingers crossed for more Sebastian and Evie!
Radd Reader
4.5 Love my Wallflowers ⭐️’s ❤️

Hampshire, England, 1877

“I love you and your children more than my heart can bear.”

Characters
West: (Estate Manager for Eversby Priory- his titled brother’s estate)
West and his siblings were orphans at a young age and were sent to a boarding school because no one wanted them. West always felt like he didn’t belong and like an outsider, so he used humor to cover up insecurities.
“He’d hated feeling different, always out of place. Devon had quickly learned how
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
THERE'S SO MUCH TO LOVE! 💛

Reading this book took me away from everything - I was completely absorbed and transported! I loved the characters, the romance, the promise of more books to come and much more! I can only recommend giving this book - and this entire series - a chance!

"She is too far above me - morally, financially, socially, and any other 'ly' you can think of."
- West

💛 WHAT I LOVED 💛

West 💛: Oh my god, I cannot fully express how much I loved West! I loved his intelligence,
Karen
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

"If you have any misguided thoughts about taking me into your bed, you would find it a vastly mediocre experience. I'd be on you like a crazed rabbit, and half a minute later the whole thing would be over. I used to be a proficient lover, but now I'm a burnt-out libertine whose only remaining pleasure is breakfast food."

West Ravenel... what can I say about this man? He's no Rhys Winterborne, but then again Rhys Winterborne is no West Ravenel. West has been like a tapestry need
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger*
4.25 Redeeming Rake Stars

West Ravenel is the brother of the current Earl of Trenear (Devon), and never in their wildest dreams would either have them ever thought that would be the case. Both he and Devon grew up just barely above the poverty line with parents who were absent at best and abusive at worst. When Devon is identified as the distant cousin of the recently deceased earl and only male relative, both his and West's lives change. West has taken on the role of estate manager for his broth
Sam (AMNReader)
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine me hovering between 3&4 stars. This book felt too strong for 3, but there were some choices I didn't love, along with others I did.

Also: excuse typos. I'm on my phone and away.

Shall I get the most controversial piece out of the way first? If West and Phoebe are sharing pages with Sebastian and Evie, proceed with caution. Phoebe and West started strong enough characters to do that, but in the end although I liked those bits Sebastian was constantly upstaging West. Call me crazy, but I wan
Stephanie • Ideally Inspired
WEST. WEST'S BOOK AT LASTTTT!!!

JenReadsRomance
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
whew, did I love this book. West + Phoebe forever.

why did we never get books with doting Derek Craven as a grandfather, I ask you? WHY.
Jan
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original review Feb 2019: 4.5 stars. I ripped through this one in one day, although I feel now that probably wasn't such a great idea. Too much of a good thing. Like eating a rich dessert then feeling a bit bloated afterwards. It might have been better if I'd taken my time a bit more. But I had been waiting for this book, and I did love it.

Although it's one of the Ravenels series, for fans of the Wallflowers, there is quite a bit of wallflower business/characters in this book, which is a lovely
We Love Lisa Kleypas: Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels #5) 14 103 Jun 30, 2021 10:10AM

• One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
See top shelves…

The Ravenels (7 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Devil in Disguise (The Ravenels, #7)

Articles featuring this book

Looking for the perfect reading match? Here to help you find your happily ever after this summer are some of the biggest and...
“If the hero hasn’t turned up, you may have to settle for the villain.” “If the villain’s the one who turns up, he is the hero.” 21 likes
“I think I’m in love with her. Either that, or I have a stomach disease with a side effect of uncontrollable sweating.” 13 likes