Start by marking “Glory: The Hair” as Want to Read:
Glory: The Hair

Read Book

Glory: The Hair

This is a book about one woman's trials and tribulations with a local hairdresser. The book also deals with their spiritual lives, romance, careers and things of that nature. In the end, the book teaches many lessons on various fronts.
Published September 18th 2001 by Authorhouse (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glory

Start your review of Glory: The Hair
Kayla Krantz
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ahar, drama
This is a very engaging read that causes the reader to think about what struggles a woman goes through, especially when she loses her glory. In the case of this story, this is represented through hair. Lots of Christian messages throughout the story, and this was definitely different from any other book I have read. If you’re looking for something uplifting and thoughtful, this is the book.
Dr.
Aug 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book and I'm not just saying that because I wrote it.
Christy Wilson
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ahar
What defines us? For a lot of people, like the main character, Jennifer, it's our hair. A bad hair day can put every woman in a bad mood. But this book is about more than hair; although it's the central theme throughout the book. It's about the struggles that we think define us and how our faith in God should be what's at the center of our lives. Her faith ultimately wins against all struggles.
The book was a little wordy and slow in places, but overall it was a pretty good read.
T. McKinney-Battle
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ahar
This was a different spin on a black woman's hair. It was a little hard to follow, but once I explored the whole book, it was the premise of the plot. In the time of when this book was published, men signified a woman's glory by her hair, I went through it with my own husband. But now in the era of the natural beauty, this book would be apart of the history of a woman's hair.
Dec 31, 2014 marked it as to-read
I have won a copy of this book from the author via Goodreads Giveaways. After I've had a chance to read it and formulate my thoughts, I'll post my honest review. Stay tuned!
Mariana Farcas
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
What an amazing story about hairdressers who systematically try and destroy a woman's glory!
Susan A Lowe
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ahar
This contemporary Christian story idea is engaging as it weaves a story about a woman’s struggle when her glory, in this case her hair, is taken from her. Unfortunately sentence structure was short, making it choppy to read and there were multiple miss spelled words that were distracting. However, if you can get past the editing difficulties the author stays true to her readers by weaving Christian messages throughout the many characters of the story.
Lucretia
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ahar
This was something different for me. I really enjoyed the premise. The idea that a hairdresser might actually do something like that deliberately never would have occurred to me. I grew up in a family that put a lot of emphasis on how you look. For reasons out of my control I also lost my glory and that made this especially powerful for me. There was a beautiful central message as well. It was eye opening and in many ways uplifting.
Daniel Farcaș
Nov 05, 2014
Joanna Mccullar
Jan 03, 2015
Dr.
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2014
Do men love long or short hair? 1 1 Jan 03, 2015 11:33AM

• Blueberry Pancakes: The Novel
  • Tied to Deceit
  • She's Got Game (Gamer Girls, #1)
  • alone and palely loitering
  • Make Your Move (Gamer Girls, #3)
  • Against the Rules (Gamer Girls, #2)
  • Second Wind
  • Night Plague
  • The Lost Girl of Neverland (Neverland in Chaos, #1)
  • The Dead Key
  • No One's Home
  • Guardian (The Guardian Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dragon Tamer (Alveria Dragon Akademy, #1)
  • Escaping the Past (Downfall #2)
  • The Decaying Destiny of Bobby the Zombie: A Horror Comedy told from the Zombie Point of View
  • I Know You
I am author of the book GLORY...THE HAIR. It is available in paperback and ebook. I am a language arts teacher with Memphis Business Academy Elementary School. Additionally, I have a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Memphis.

Also, I am a poet and a playwright. The play TRUANCY has been performed before live audiences in Memphis, Tennessee. The largest crowd was about 800

News & Interviews