Start by marking “Him” as Want to Read:

Start your review of Him
Michael Araujo
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I don't know what kind of review this will be since I don't have much to say, but we'll see as I go. I've read two other poetry books by Pierre Alex Jeanty. Her and Her Vol. 2. And while I enjoyed the second a lot more than the first, Him was the one I really couldn't wait for. Her and Her Vol. 2 were great books towards women empowerment. Great additions and motivational poems that told women to be whoever they wanted to be. Cute little two sentence hallmark sayings that made me go, "Oh my god, that's totes me."< ...more
Yamna Rashid
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can't even....

Ugh

Review to come
Sydney
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really a 3.75 because it was SUCH A REFRESHING READ. I enjoyed Her. and was almost gonna get Her2. but then I thought it'd be the same thing over again and HE CALLED HIMSELF (& basically everyone else) OUT ON THE CONSTANT BASHING OF MEN WE HAVE IN TODAYS SOCIETY. The best thing is he DID something about it and wrote this. I hope guys pick this up and read it, because I had a feeling when reading that some of the poems would've made more sense on a guy-to-guy standpoint, but there were a good ...more
Ashley
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
To me this book was just ok. I don't think I would say that I liked it. So 2 stars it is. I feel bad but some of the passages seems too overly attacking at women- and i do understand there there are women like that out there. But i feel like this focused too much on that. There were bits and pieces that i enjoyed and a few that really made me think
Kylie Psaila
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love him as he is.

Throughout the process of reading this book, all I thought about was stereotypes of males and females. How males are supposed to be strong, masculine, how they shouldn't show their emotions etc. And how females are supposed to be caring, sensitive, trustworthy and so on.

“He is a man. Therefore he should
suck it up and take it like a man,”

Upon reading this collection, I realized how women (including me [sometimes]), generalise every men even those that ha
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

I loved that he was inspired to write this book of poetry to companion HER. Not only do men and women walk side-by-side in life but in soul and his poetry really shows this in both collections. Although love is a major theme in both books, each one takes a specific focus towards "her" or "him". Just as women were encouraged and empowered in HER., Jeanty takes this moment to encourage and inspire men, something I feel men are in desperate need of. While HER. explored a woman's heart, needs, and fears, this did the samWhile in ,companion
Kay Smith
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Probably one of the best modern poetry books I’ve read lately. And it’s not because of the author’s word choice, or their prose but due to its incredible content.

I’m not a dude. But I will say the perspective of modern manliness is so HARD right now. To speak it and not be diminutive to the feminine is a trial, but I feel like this book did a great job. There are some points in which he jogs over the line: a few occasions that the poems question that female intention, but I understand his reaso
Christina
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was at Barnes and Noble with a friend (both avid RH Sin readers) and as she was looking at his newest poetry works, another reader recommended Jeanty. So grateful she did. I love RH Sin, but Jeanty might be my new favorite (or at least gives Sin a run for his money haha). I felt that this collection was the perfect mix of logic and emotion (if that’s even possible in poetry haha). And it was nice to read from the mans point of view. We all have suffered in love and loss, regardless of sex.
Jasmine
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Okay read

I enjoyed Her a lot more than this. The beginning was very strong and then it just became boring to me.
Noorulain Jamal
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Pretentious. Toxic Masculinity. A not so subtle undertone of misogyny.
Zahoonation
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book as I expected from this author, it is a very interesting book, talking about HIM this time instead of HER as he did in the past two books, this book is brilliant.

The way it is written is spectacular, for me it was filled with emotions and meaningful words that reached straight to my soul, I felt every word, even the words about something I've never been through, I had just understood the main thought the author had perfectly made in this book to reach those who are capab
Helen-Marie Rivera
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I took my time reading every single poem. I wanted to make sure I showed my partner so I read him most of the book. Some even reminded us of our relationship. The gentleness and the pure honest truth that the author wrote can be felt with every single word. It was felt with every single word. I cried at some because I was once the hurt woman who didn’t see or appreciate the value of HIM when he first came along. To read how a man feels and read that we sometimes mis ...more
Maham  Tariq
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though "HER" left me disappointed with repetitive themes, and threw me in the pit of reading slump. I didn't give up. I picked Him to see if it were any different from her. Needless to say, HIM is way better. The perspective of men about multiple concepts is penned down so beautifully.
Him revolves around various themes, glorifying men, talking about their unrealized feelings, unworthy love, their beauty and magic. He talks about what makes a guy, "a man".
He has painted the picture ke
Krista Dolan
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway (thank you!) and I was pleasantly surprised. I previously read HER and HER II, and I was not sure if I would enjoy or dislike the male perspective shift in this one. However, I think I might have actually enjoyed it more than HER. There are many parts that I think every young person (man and woman) should read in order to continue to challenge the emotional stereotypes associated with gender.
Kia
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, ebook
"I will show you how much a man
can love you in many different
ways, so that when another man
tries to use “I love you” as a trap
to capture your ears, you will be
able to differentiate the voice of
love from the tone of manipulation."

Weirdly felt guilty upon reading the book. Because dear ladies, not all men are the same. People are different. Contains common misceptions about men.

Sometimes it is good to read something like this.
Crystal Caldwell
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got a lot from this book. I really enjoyed it and it really opened my eyes to some new ideas and things and seeing the world from a mans perspective.

I think someone else mentioned the poem on page 113, and I agree - that was the one poem I didn’t like in this book. A lot of the rest were great, but that one fell flat and was a bit insulting, although I guess I see the idea behind it?

Hany Grace
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely a refreshing read for me. Every content was able to tell me different sides of the coin. I hope a lot of people could get to read Mr. Jeanty's books for they are a mirror of what a person feels inside. They contain facts and truths about how we feel but fail to express. This book didn't disappoint me. 😍
Anna
Jeanty has a message that men and women both need to hear equally. This beautiful prose on masculinity, relationships, stereotypes, fatherhood, and many pertinent issues men and those who love men face should be read by the world, a world that sometimes demands change by criticism of evil instead of encouragement and praise of good.
Liny
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do not judge a book by its cover

At the cover, this book reads "Him". However, this book is not about men and manhood alone. This book is also quite vocal about humanity and accepting mistakes as parts of life journey. This is such a beautiful read for September.
Fezoo
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another addition, I would say that Pierre through his this good effort didn't got my attention while reading this book as I was thinking about it. Hope his another edition HER may have a good effect as other poetry book's make.
Mr. Suchecki
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are planning on reading poetry, I STRONGLY recommend Jeanty. He has quickly become my favorite poet, and I will read anything of his that I can get my hands on.
Nadia Anindya
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
For me, it is boring.
I found no soul in the writing somehow.
Rachel-Morgan Lanouette
A bit harsh but very true especially in today's world.
Rumbidzai
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read that gives a man's perspective on love and feelings.
Ria Harmse
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insight

Wow
I'm not a guy, but I appreciated how you depicted them in your book.
Share your experience all over
Darlin Valentine
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
good reads, quite heavy poetry!
Ashley Kempkes
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5

Favorites: 14, 42, 68, 100, 75 , 136, 148 and 122
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
I will never
fight for the men
who can’t be men
to women
Laura Lewis
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did not disappoint! This is how we should feel.
Mariah Nelson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
I just don't get the hype with his writing, it's so simple. and unoriginal. theres no flare or soul in his writing. Just another manspalining poet.

• 2am Thoughts
  • The Truth About Magic
  • I Am Her Tribe
  • Her Favorite Color Was Yellow
  • Sparks of Phoenix
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • Love Her Wild