Start by marking “A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6)

A Steep Price

(Tracy Crosswhite #6)

New York Times bestselling author Robert Dugoni’s thrilling series continues as Seattle homicide detective Tracy Crosswhite is plunged into a case of family secrets and murder…

Called in to consult after a young woman disappears, Tracy Crosswhite has the uneasy feeling that this is no ordinary missing-persons case. When the body turns up in an abandoned well, Tracy’s suspic
Audible Audio
Published June 26th 2018 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about A Steep Price, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Nancy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kelly Hansen I think she was just running to get rid of some of her angst.

(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
🏆 A Definite Winner! 🏆
👮♀ If you aren't reading Robert Dugoni’s Tracy Crosswhite series - you should be. 🚓

In book 6 of the series, A Steep Price , Tracy Crosswhite is pregnant (but hasn't announced it at the precinct) and becomes involved in the missing persons case of a young Indian woman who is estranged from her family. Kavita Mukherjee resisted her family’s pressures to submit to an arranged marriage. I’ll be honest and say that storyline was rather predictable for me, based on the emphasi
Debra
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Tracy Crosswhite is pregnant and finishing up her testimony in court when she is called in to consult on a missing persons case by Detective Katie Pryor. She agrees with her friend that this case does not feel right. The missing young woman, Kavita Mukherjee, is not the typical missing person. Kavita is attending medical school and is estranged from her family due to not wanting an arranged marriage. When her body is found, her case becomes a murder investigation.

Kavita's murder is not the only
Liz
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

I’ll admit to being a big fan of Robert Dugoni and his Tracy White series. And this one doesn’t disappoint. In this, the sixth book, Tracy is hiding the fact she’s pregnant. On the investigation side, she’s called in to consult on a missing person’s case.

This series always just feels very real to me. Here, Dugoni tells the present day story from Tracy’s POV and gives the background in flashbacks told from the missing woman’s POV. Not my favorite technique, but it helps to keep the story flowing
Kylie D
Another wonderful book in the Tracy Crosswhite series from Robert Dugoni. This novel sees Tracy and her sidekick Kins looking into the disappearance of a young Indian woman at the request of a colleague in Missing Persons. The colleague thinks something in the case feels off and has requested Tracy's help. Meanwhile Detectives Faz and Del are working on a case of a shooting of a black woman, yet things go wrong in the case and Faz finds himself in a great deal of trouble.
Robert Dugoni has writte
Paromjit
This is a great addition to the stellar Detective Tracy Crosswhite and the Violent Crime Unit series based in Seattle, Washington. There are two storylines that dominate this book. The pregnant Tracy finds herself immersed in a court trial as a witness, but responds when a colleague tells her about a missing person case. Washington University medical student and aspiring paediatrician, Kavita Mukherjee has disappeared, and Tracy's gut instinct tells her there is more to the case, besides she has ...more
Linda
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see." (Confucius)

And Robert Dugoni will keep that thread weaving throughout his storyline. We'll catch a glimpse of those who cherish every moment given and those who throw life away like yesterday's news. The goodies, the baddies, and those in-between.

Detectives Del Castigliano and Vic Fazzio of the Seattle Police Department A Team are called to a shooting in broad daylight in a city park. The victim is Monique Rogers, an African American community
Matt
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Robert Dugoni, and Thomas & Mercer for providing me with a copy of this publication, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

Presenting yet another stellar novel in the Tracy Crosswhite series, Robert Dugoni has not disappointed his fans whatsoever. While trying to come to terms with her pregnancy, Detective Tracy Crosswhite has yet to tell anyone, save her husband and partner, Kinsington Rowe. An added stress befalls Cross
Ginger
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2018
ALL THE STARS!
Robert Dugoni keeps impressing the hell out of me with his books!

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley.

So, if you’ve never heard of this series or this author, you’re missing out!
Dugoni writes excellent detective thrillers with beloved characters that I’ve cheered for over the last four years. And it seems he’s hitting his stride and each book gets a bit better for me.

You see, the Tracy Crosswhite series is set in the Seattle area so I'm a bit
Brenda
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a fan of Robert Dugoni's books and have read them all except his single non-fiction book. This is the sixth entry in the Tracy Crosswhite series, and I’m happy to say the series is going strong.

Once again, there are two cases for the A team, and there is a new “fifth wheel” for the team, Andrea Gonzalez. Faz and Del investigate the shooting death of an anti-gang anti-drug activist. Del throws his back out, so Andrea teams with Faz. Faz is also dealing with a personal crisis. Tracy and Kins a
Louise Wilson
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tracy Crosswhite Series, book 6.

Tracy Crosswhite is called in to consult after a young woman disappears and she has the uneasy feeling that this is no ordinary missing case. The body turns up in an abandoned well and Tracy's suspicions are confirmed. Estranged from her family, the victim had balked at an arranged marriage and had planned to to attend graduate school. Solving the mystery behind the murder isn't Tracy's only challenge.

There are two cases occurring in this book. The first is the. m
Jean
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Normally, I love Robert Dugoni’s Tracy Crosswhite books, and I can dive right in. Number six, A Steep Price, was a whole ‘nuther ball of wax for me. I did love it, for the most part, but it took a while for me to get into it. Why? For one thing, Detective Tracy Crosswhite starts out in court. She’s not even involved in the main case, which is the murder of a woman, a mother who’s fighting to organize her neighbors and her community to fight gangs and drug dealers. That sounded pretty nasty to me ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: The daylight had nearly extinguished, the forest now an ever-deepening gray. It was time to go home.

Something moved. She turned.

Something in the brush. She turned again, then a third time. Something circling her.

She turned yet again, but saw only the trees, straight and tall, like darkened sentries. She fought to hold her breath, struggling to listen. The crickets clicked and the unseen insects buzzed. A light breeze caught the limbs of the trees, causing them to moan and creak. A bu
Barbara
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bayb-2018

In this 6th book in the 'Tracy Crosswhite' series, the Seattle homicide detective investigates the disappearance of an Indian woman, while her colleagues look into a murder. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

Aditi Dasgupta and Kavita Mukherjee, both from Indian families, grew up in the same Seattle neighborhood and have been friends since childhood. Having recently graduated from the University of Washington, the young women hoped to attend medical school. Thus they continued t
Maureen Carden
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the surface A Steep Price is a fine police procedural about Detective Tracy Crosswhite’s team working two entirely different cases. Tracy’s case is at the request of t Detective Katie Pryor, Missing Persons Squad, and involves the disappearance of a beautiful East Indian woman, Kavita Mukherjee. Tracy is hung up testifying in court, so Det. Kin Rowe is soon roped into the investigation. When Tracy finds Kavita's body, Tracy is determined to retain this case despite jurisdictional issues.
At
Mandy White
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
If you have not yet discovered Tracey Crosswhite and her team you really need to jump on that train...but don't start with this one. Go back and start with book one and work your way up to this -0 book 6 in such a fantastic series. I always know when I start one of these books that I am in for a treat... and definitely not disappointed with book 6.

This one is a bit different with the team working different cases. Tracey is pregnant (and hiding it) and giving evidence in court. The rest of her te
Kelli Martin
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. I didn’t want to put it down but unfortunately I did have to go to work and school. It’s written well enough to start here and not read the previous, but I definitely recommend starting with the first book. I love how the author is able to write from a police officers view point without it being too procedural. There are parts that made my mouth drop open, as I was not expecting it. I can’t wait until the next book in the series is released.
Monnie
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my little world of books, not much makes me happier than finding a dependably enjoyable series. And this one, featuring Seattle homicide detective Tracy Crosswhite, fills that description - I look forward to reading each installment knowing I won't be disappointed. This book, the 6th in the series, is no exception (and to that end, many thanks to the publisher, via NetGalley, for the opportunity to read an advance review copy).

Tracy, now married to Dan, an attorney, is expecting a baby. She's
Jim
3.5 Stars

The sixth book in the Tracy Crosswhite series, while enjoyable, was not one of my favorites. The story, or more accurately stories, revolved around families. There are a couple of murders and a little bit of action during the investigation of one murder but mostly that appears to be a side story to the stories of families.

Tracy is pregnant and wants to keep it a secret. She has told her partner but that is it. She certainly doesn't want her captain to know. As readers of other books in
Sharon Metcalf
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
A Steep Price by Robert Dugoni was book six in the Tracy Crosswhite series and once again he's delivered a winner.     It's always so comforting to be re-united with favourite characters, to see how their lives have progressed and changed and to find out what's happening in the here and now.    This time round there was greater emphasis on the lives of Faz and Vera but we still spent time with Del, Kins and of course the lovely Tracy and Dan who have decided to start a family.

Readers and charact
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
A STEEP PRICE is one of the best books I have read in this series. There was just something really engrossing about the mystery of the missing woman. I especially liked that the readers also got the missing woman's POV.

While Tracy is busy with the missing woman case is Vic Fazzio dealing with the murder of a local community activist. The investigations take a deadly turn and it could mean the end of Vic's career. Last, but not least is the fact that Tracy is pregnant and trying to hide it. She g
Kendall
This is the sixth book in the Tracy Crosswhite series. I have always been a pretty big fan of this series!

I loved books one to three in this series but was a tad disappointed in book four. I have not been able to read book five... and was debating on whether I would continue with this series after my disappointment with book four.

I'm sad to say that this one I also was disappointed with and just really felt it lacked the magic and overall action/suspense like the first three books in the series
Elaine Tomasso
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Thomas & Mercer for an advance copy of A Steep Price, the sixth novel to feature Detective Tracy Crosswhite of the Seattle Major Crime Unit.

Detectives Fazzio and Castiglione or Faz and Del as they are known are called out to South Park to the shooting of Monique Rogers, a local activist fighting the gun and drug culture in the area while Tracy is asked for help by Katie Pryor of the Missing Persons Unit in locating Kavita Mukherjee.

I thoroughly enjoyed A S
Zoe
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid, intense, and captivating!

In this latest novel by Dugoni, A Steep Price, we head back to Seattle where Tracy Crosswhite and her coworkers on the Seattle PD find themselves immersed in both the investigation of a murdered mother with some dangerous enemies and the disappearance of an Indian American, pre-med student whose moonlighting may or may not have gotten her killed.

The prose is descriptive and gritty. The characterization is spot on with all the usual gang back including the tough, d
Emma
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have loved, LOVED, all the previous Tracy Crosswhite books and I recommend them without hesitation. This one, however, is almost entirely family drama and worse, the theatrics are hung on the barest of plots. It's overwrought, without any of the cleverness and ballsiness that usually characterises the series. It honestly feels like someone else wrote it.

I don't know what happened.
Susan Hampson
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit that this is my first Robert Dugoni novel and although it is much better to read a series from the beginning this is a cracking book in its own right. From what I gathered homicide detectives Tracy Crosswhite and Vic Fazzio come across as a couple of real good guys on the side of the law so I am now biting at the reins to see what they would be like together on a case.
Both detectives have massive life changing personal stuff going on, Tracy is pregnant and trying to keep it hush,
Pamela
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 6 of the Tracy Crosswhite series has Tracy working with her young protégé and hiding a secret from her team. Del and Fazzio are working a separate case which gives them a lot of page time and action in this book. Another well written "Tracy" book by Mr. Dugoni, and in my humble opinion, a nice wrap up to the series. If there are more to come, I think I would be disappointed.

**Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley in exchange of an honest opinion.**
JuJu (Julie)
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-have
Dugoni has done it again! 4.5 ⭐’s for this wonderfully-written thriller! I don’t usually like series—especially ones with numerous books—but this one is an exception. The main characters are likable and easy to relate to—especially Tracy Crosswhite.

Tracy is called in to consult when a young woman appears to have disappeared. The woman—Kavita—is reported missing by her ex-roommate and childhood friend—Aditi. Both are young Indian women who have been financially cut-off from their parents for att
Adrian Dooley
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let’s get this clear from the start. I love Robert Dugonis writing style and I haven’t read a book of his yet that disappoints.

Here in the 6th outing for Tracy Crosswhite, she is covering up the fact that she is pregnant for the time being as she continues with her work. She is called out to a missing persons report, which makes up half the story here. The other half is taken up by the investigation by the other half of her team of a woman being murdered in broad day light, suspected to be a vi
Kathleen
A special thanks to Robert Dugoni, Thomas & Mercer and NetGalley for providing me with a digital ARC of A STEEP PRICE (TRACY CROSSWHITE #6), which allows me to write an unbiased review.

It was wonderful to meet up again with Del Castigliano, Vic (Faz) Fazzio, Kinsington Rowe and Tracy Crosswhite, Seattle homicide detectives of the A team and find out what is going on in their lives at work and home.
The talented Robert Dugoni, master in the art of character development, has given them their
Leslie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cops, mystery, ku
We again join Tracy Crosswhite and her fellow homicide detectives in Seattle, WA. There is much change happening, Tracy is pregnant and their fifth wheel Ron has joined a new squad and a new detective has joined A squad from Los Angeles who makes everyone suspicious.

The two main cases of the story are a murdered community activist and a missing young woman of Indian descent who was preparing for medical school. Both cases are full of twists and turns and are an examination of cultures; one the f
  • Beautiful Maids All in a Row (Iris Ballard, #1)
  • The Voice Inside (Frost Easton, #2)
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • Impasse
  • A Merciful Silence (Mercy Kilpatrick, #4)
  • The Girl in the Moss (Angie Pallorino, #3)
  • Secrets Never Die (Morgan Dane #5)
  • Losing Leah Holloway (Claire Fletcher, #2)
  • The Body Counter (Detective Jude Fontaine Mysteries, #2)
  • Kiss Of Death (Sophie Anderson, #5)
  • Stalked (The Profiler #4)
  • The Silent Girls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #1)
  • Double Vision (Dr. Jenna Ramey #2)
  • Sabel Security Series: Books 1-3 (Sabel Security Boxset)
  • Like to Die: A McKenzie Novel (Twin Cities P.I. Mac McKenzie Novels Book 15)
  • The Fatal Heir (A Gillian Jones Mystery Book 1)
Robert Dugoni is the New York Times, #1 Amazon, and #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author of the Tracy Crosswhite series: My Sister's Grave, Her Last Breath, In the Clearing, The Trapped Girl and Close to Home, as well as the short prequels The Academy and Third Watch. The police procedural featuring Seattle Homicide Detective Tracy Crosswhite has kept Dugoni in the Amazon top 10 for more than ...more

Tracy Crosswhite (6 books)
  • My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite, #1)
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
“brogue. “Not this fair-skinned Irishman. We tan the way lawyers tell the truth, never on purpose and never very well.” 0 likes
“We tan the way lawyers tell the truth, never on purpose and never very well.” 0 likes