Start by marking “For Today (The Avenue #3)” as Want to Read:
For Today (The Avenue #3)

For Today

(The Avenue #3)

Seventeen Years Ago. The first time Aaron Andrews saw Simon Foster smile, he knew he was in trouble. He’d never seen anything—or anyone—like the man who’d stolen his favorite seat in his favorite coffee shop.

ebook
Published October 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about For Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Today

Start your review of For Today (The Avenue #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
For Today is book three in The Avenue series by B. Cranford. This is the final book in the series and is Aaron and Simon’s story. It can easily be read as a stand alone. But, each book in this series is about a different sibling in the Andrews family and you would miss so much by not reading the previous books.

for today b. cranford - Google Search

Aaron is the oldest of the three Andrews siblings. This book takes us back seventeen years to the day he first saw Simon Foster in the coffee shop. It was love at first sight. Their eyes m
My Own Bookshelves
Family can come in all forms. For Simon and Aaron, this is the next step in the evolution of their love story. Click her to read why I call this her best work to date:

My Own Bookshelves
B. Cranford
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
• IT'S LIVE •

I never planned on writing Aaron and Simon's story—I wrote them already married because I wanted to show that happily married secondary characters can stay happy, LOL. And yet, here we are...

For Today starts at the beginning—the day Simon steals Aaron seat... and his heart. From there, well, life can be great and life can be messy, but as long as they have each other, life can still be full of love, right?

FT_5

FT_9
Joyce
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been longing for this book since I read About Time, I immediately wanted to know more about Simon, the wise one. Seemingly, the only adult in the Andrews family. The way he was always there for Austin and Ashton, Aaron’s younger siblings, as they navigated life and love. I needed his story! How did the smooth and handsome Simon Foster wind up with the King of Innuendos, Aaron Andrews?
It all began with a blue chair. And the rest, as they say, is history. Love at first sight. Their story is
Sheila
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“You’re my best friend, Si. And you’ve been the most important person in my life for so long, I can’t remember what it was like before.” (SIGH)

When I read the first two books in The Avenue Series, I Googled and searched for Aaron and Simon’s story. Was it a short story or part of an anthology I missed? It had to be somewhere since I had such a clear, developed sense of this couple who really are the grown-ups of the Andrews family. It didn’t exist. When B. Cranford announced that she would write
Kim  Brewing
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes when reading a story you think "I hope so and so gets a book". Well if you've read any of the Avenue (and if you haven't you need to get on that) you will know that Aaron, the oldest brother is one of those characters.... and with him comes Simon! This is a great love story that gives us the past, present and future of Si and Eagle. Fall in love right along with them and see how they got to be in the beautiful place they are now.

I'm not a huge reader of M/M but a love story is a love s
Cathy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We met and fell in love with Simon and Aaron in the previous books in the series where they were solid and confident in their relationship, here we get to see their beginnings and it is so very lovely and sweet to see.

We begin with a look at their initial meeting, and all their insecurities as they develop a beautifully strong bond. There is so much love in this story, the support they give to each other is heart warming and so very cute to watch. The group messages and the inappropriate innuend
Kim
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ever since B. Cranford started The Avenue series, I’ve been waiting to hear Aaron and Simon’s story. Their story starts at the beginning and is full of love, loss, family and friendship. I laughed, I cried and I enjoyed every moment of this book. For Today was full of emotion and shows that love knows no race, no gender. Love is love. Kudos to B. Cranford for an absolutely brilliant book.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
ALL THE FEELS!! I was already a bit in love with Simon and Aaron after reading the previous books in this series. It was wonderful to get to see how they met and fell in love and how they dealt with the obstacles that were put in their way.

“Simon spoke again, “How did you know I needed you?” his head turning on the pillow beneath him, his brown eyes begging for an answer.
Which Aaron gave, as simply as he could. “Because I needed you, too.”

The story is at times sweet, swoony, fun and even heart
Stephanie Rose
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To say this was an anticipated read for me is a gross understatement. Aaron and Simon stole every scene they were in and I was beyond excited to read their story.

They both had so much more than scorching passion (although they had that in spades). They shared an epic love and were truly each other's home and family. I loved the way they played off Aaron's siblings (best group texts ever) and how the Andrews family rallied around Simon in his time of need. The brilliant way Beth paralleled the l
Darlene Avery
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For Today by B. Cranford is so loaded with feels! Just check out this awesome blurb:

Six Weeks Ago. The late-night phone call that changed their lives forever was short. Four little words was all it took to set them on a different path—one that included new toys (not that kind), a dose of hom
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really beautiful story - it had a gentle feel to it. Aaron and Simon are a perfect match for each other and I loved seeing their history and their strengths together. It's a fun read with some emotional moments and I will definitely be looking for more from this author.

I received an arc of this book.
Melanie Moreland
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A steadfast, true love. A wacky, banter loving bevy of siblings. Heartbreak and joy.
A quintessential B. Cranford book that steals your heart. A must read!
Sonal
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nine hundred thousand billion stars for Simon and Aaron and another five billion stars for Finn.

Seventeen years ago, Simon and Aaron fell in love. Over the years they've a made an amazing life for themselves, a one they and their loved ones are proud of. Sure, Aaron's parents are still colossal jerks but he's trying to get over that detail. Then life throw them a curveball and now they have a responsibility they never thought they'd be up for.

Their lives are about to change forever with no cl
Erin Lewis
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a M/M story beautifully written that tugged at the heart strings had me invested right from the start.
Aaron and Simon have been together forever, through good times and bad. I loved them as secondary characters in the previous books in The Avenue series and was hopeful that one day we would get the story of how they came together and how they have become the mainstay of the group of family and friends.
Being together has meant that they have had many hurdles to overcome throughout their
E.S. Carter
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sexy, and often hilarious.
B. Cranford has managed to add fun, banter, quirkiness and a healthy dose of relatability to a story about love, and family, and friendship.
Loved seeing cameos by the other 'Avenue' characters.
I don't think I stopped smiling throughout the entire story.

Eagle and Si forever, not just For Today <<<< see what I did there. Yeah, it's a talent ;)
Dawn Strickland
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For Today and Always!
For Today by B. Cranford is an emotional, heartwarming and inspiring love story. Aaron and Simon will make you laugh and swoon and cry. Their relationship is one of the most beautiful and endearing that I have read. The chemistry is potent. The banter fun and substantial. Aaron and Simon are #couplegoals!

Ms. Cranford introduces us to Aaron and Simon when they are in college. She gifts the reader with the experience of their initial encounter and engulfs us into their journe
Paulette
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out by saying I knew what I was going to be reading before I started. This is the story of Aaron and Simon and how they came to be together. What I didn’t know was THEIR story. Well prepare yourself to be mesmerized. From the very beginning of their meeting you are hooked into the loves of these two gorgeous beings. Oh yes, they are both gorgeous from a physical stand, but they’re so much more than just physically beautiful. Their whole being has an essence that shines from the insi ...more
Lisa Hill
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve loved Aaron and Simon since they first appeared in About Time and I’m so happy that their story gets told in this book.

Aaron and Simon have had their fair share of trials over the years - Aaron’s own parents disowned him for ‘choosing’ to be gay. But Aaron’s siblings, Ashton and Austin, stood by him and disowned their parents right back.

Seventeen years later, Simon and Aaron are married and living a great life with their modified family. The story is firstly told in a series of flashbacks,
Jackie Wright
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start and what can I say that hasn’t already been said before !! Well I’m starting with this is a beautifully written love story it had me feeling everything I want in a great romance and if you love M/M stories that tug on your heartstrings this is a must read...
Aaron and Simon have been together for what feels like forever and I’m so glad this author decided to give us their story because let’s be honest who can resist teasers like “I’ve loved you since you stole my seat” and that’s
Bibliophile  Chloe
The Avenue Series

For Today....the story of Aaron and Simon.  This story was demanded by Ms. Cranford's fans.

I am going to be honest here and say that the M/M trope isn't usually my cup of tea, but if a story is written well it really doesn't matter what "trope" it is.  And this story is so much more than that.

This story of Aaron and Simon is so much more than a couple in love and making a life together.  These two have been together for years, through good and bad.

This deep down, is a story of u
Kristy Love
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never read B. Cranford before and I'm so glad I did. She took a couple who were so filled with love and made me fall in love with them. It was such a sweet story. Simon and Aaron... One of the best M/M couples out there. They had an amazing connection, scorching chemistry, and epic love. The kind of love that you can't help but root for, from beginning to end. The way their love story unfolded was so genuine, so realistic, so honest (and so freaking hot).

The family... I don't know what to s
M
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite books are the ones where I feel connected to the story and the characters. From page one, I knew that, For Today, would be such a book. B. Cranford, built an emotional, funny, sexy, and at times heartbreaking story around these two wonderfully complex men, Simon and Aaron. Their personal journeys as gay men coupled with the struggles and difficulties they faced as a couple were incredibly real and raw. I loved watching their relationship evolve through the years from their first meet ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I have been waiting for Simon and Aaron's story from book one and WOW I was not disappointed at all. Simon and Aaron were soulmates from the minute they saw each other and not parental hatred, ethnicity bias or being disinherited could keep them apart. This story was so beautifully written and the characters had such depth that every emotion throughout the pages automatically were felt by the reader. There were many times I was caught with a huge smile across my face as well as wiping tears from ...more
Kelly Dockter
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read the previous books in this series, I was delighted that A and Si got their own story. Reading about how they met and the struggles they faced and overcame because they were a solid unit felt real and not romanticized. I love A's ability to turn anything into a dirty joke and how Simon loves him all the more for it. There were parts that broke my heart and other parts that made me laugh out loud. Overall, this book was a terrific read and a great ending to the series. I highly recomme ...more
Cherie Maggi
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this story for an honest review and loved it! M/M is not my preferred read but this book was so well written it was amazing!
Kim
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New to me author. This is a mm contemporary story set in USA. This book has a long timeline from when they first meet to 18 years later. The banter between Aaron and his siblings is constant. I’ll read more from this author.
Vera Blaz
Shelves: arc, author-arc
I have been waiting for A and Si's story and Beth did not disappoint! A is and has always been an integral part of Little (About Time-The Avenue 1) and Tiny's (Because Forever-The Avenue 2) lives that it was only fitting he got his own story. From their first meeting to their present day lives, it was heartwarming to sit with A and Si and delve deep into who they are and what they've overcome. I was sad to see the story end and feeling a little lost. ...more
J.A. DeRouen
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For Today is my favorite kind of story—a story of unwavering, epic love. The kind of love that withstands the test of time, adversity, and tragedy. A superhero kind of love—that’s what Aaron and Simon have. The writing was beautiful, the connection was palpable, and the heat between these two was off the freaking charts. So, so good!!

“I’ll never forget the first time I saw you, and how badly I wanted to know you. I’ll never stop wanting to know you—what you’re thinking, what you’re wanting, wher
Zilpha Owens
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you really just need a sweet and charming love story with no drama that just makes you feel good. You get that with For Today. I love all the great banter, friendships and love. Simon and Aaron are perfect.

The story is laid out so that we get to know them from the beginning. All the sweet references of things to come, highs and lows, love and loss not only for them but friends and family too.

It’s not only their story but a culmination of the series that gives a wonderful take on ever
« previous 1 3 4 next »
United By Romance: For Today 6 11 Nov 02, 2018 07:09PM
United By Romance: This topic has been closed to new comments. For Today Release Blitz 5 23 Oct 11, 2018 11:08AM

• We Have Till Dawn
  • The Making of Jonty Bloom (Unfinished Business, #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Strictly Professional
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • Let There Be Light (Twin Hearts, #1)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Pieces of You (Missing Pieces, #1)
  • Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
  • Pieces of Us (Missing Pieces, #3)
  • Pieces of Me (Missing Pieces, #2)
  • Tate (Temptation, #5)
  • Tease (Temptation, #4)
  • The Half of Us (Family, #4)
  • True (Temptation, #6)
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat, #2)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Think Twice
B. Cranford is a proud Australian living in the USA, a lover of books, breadsticks and bed, and the mother of two children who are far too similar to their father for her liking. A lifelong reader, she dove into the romance genre on the recommendation of her best friend and hasn’t looked back since. Her debut novel, The Brightest Star, a second chance romance with (she hopes) heart and humor was r ...more

The Avenue (3 books)
  • About Time (The Avenue, #1)
  • Because Forever (The Avenue #2)

News & Interviews