Start by marking “Bermuda” as Want to Read:
Bermuda

Bermuda

(Bermuda Jones Case Files #0)

Discover how it all began…

Franklyn Jones is a devoted husband, a loving father and a middle manager working in London. His only secret is he can see ‘The Otherside’, a world that hides in the shadows of our own. After his claims of these creatures leads to the loss of his family and his commitment to a mental health facility, Franklyn’s life came to a complete stand still.
Kindle Edition
Published June 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bermuda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bermuda

Start your review of Bermuda
Cheryl
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then you come across an absolute humdinger of a story/series. One that draws you into the author's world with a plot that mesmerises you and immerses you in the feelings and deeds of the protagonist. An epic tale that you connect with and want to follow through reading all the books of the series - the story of Franklyn "Bermuda" Jones and the BTCO is just such a book.
Bermuda is a novella outlining the start of Franklyn Jones' life and his curse of being able to see the Otherside -
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed both Doorways and The Absent Man, its safe to say I was looking forward to reading Bermuda so I could find out how everything came to be.

Franklyn “Bermuda” Jones has been seeing things since he was younger. Horrible creatures that live among us, and when he mentions these aloud, he ends up in a mental health facility because those around him think that he has serious problems.

Eventually, he comes to the attention of the BTCO (Behind The Curtain Organisation), a
Susan Hampson
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well I was pretty excited when I heard that this novella was coming out. Now I aren’t a fan of short stories as a rule but this was a must, a chance to get to know how Bermuda came to work for this secret underground, in plain sight organisation, that keeps both dimensions of our world working side by oblivious side. In short the BTCO. The headquarters of which are under the Shard in the heart of London. Well I tell you my heart skips a beat every time that I pass the darn place now as it gives ...more
Yvonne Davies
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have read Doorways and The Absent Man, then you would recognise Franklyn “Bermuda” Jones. Whilst hints are throughout these books of his earliest life in the BTCO, I wanted to know more. Bermuda is that story.
Reading this book, you soon realise what a lonely life Bermuda had. Having no one to explain why he can see the Otherside, his only hope was medical intervention, which did not go down well. Once he was on the BTCO radar he found his purpose with his life and we get to learn more abo
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this introduction to the life of Bermuda, before he became the great Bermuda Jones! It was brilliant to actually read his story, and see just where he came from, what he had to go through to start doing the work he does in the rest of the series and how he became the character he is in the series.

I thought the prequel had a good deal of detail and really gave you a look into his world, including everything he lost and the hardships he went through, before they snatched him up to do his
Pam
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really love these books, what an imagination Robert Enright has, with the gift of being able to put it into brilliant stories, this prequel to the first book in the series "Doorways" opens up Franklyn Jones life, known as Burmuda, with his partner Argyle an other world warrior, they strive to keep both worlds safe, Two Worlds One Peace, and i find myself with my stomach clenched tight or with laughter bursting forth, as i am immersed into a totally different and frightening world that I thorou ...more
Lou
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bermuda takes us back to the beginning, this is our chance to learn about Franklyn ‘Bermuda’ Jones. We are taken back to Franklyn’s life before the BTCO. Bermuda allows us to understand what he went through and what has happened to make him who he is today.
Franklyn is found by the BTCO and he is showing the BTCO headquarters, where he begins his training. Whilst undergoing training a case comes in that the BTCO decide that Franklyn can handle along with Denham.
So story aside… I’d hate to post an
Maria
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Not a long story, but it's clear it's just the beginning of the tale. I like the concept, the way the story developed and the characters, as well as the sense of humour of "Bermuda" If I have a complaint it's that it has a number of grammatical and spelling errors which interfered with my enjoyment of the story.... but that would be very easily fixed.
An update! Unlike many I don't usually read reviews before I read a book, I like to make up my own mind, but sometimes will read them after I've fi
Isabella Le Roux
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You get to know Franklyn Jones a loner and to the normal world a mental case but to the BTCO a wonderful addition to the team. At the BTCO he found his purpose in life and we get to learn more about the agency and the people who worked there.
We follow him whilst he is going through training and on his first case. We are introduced to is partner Argyle, but the author does not give too much away about his past. Franklyn spent most of his time with his trainer Denham. There was a bond between hims
Terri
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a prequel novella to 'Doorways'. I read 'Bermuda' after I had already read 'Doorways', but it was still interesting to get the whole back story on Bermuda.

I love Bermuda, the hero in Doorways, and who this short book was about. He is the guy you want on your side in a battle. Bermuda is going to do whatever has to be done, regardless of the rules. His sidekick, Argyle, has always got his back. Argyle is an 'other', from the other dimension. I hope his story is coming soon, too.

The chara
Elane Duncan
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the First Robert Enright book that I have ever read and was immediately drawn in and caught up - hook, line and sinker! I can truly say that this is only the beginning of my visiting The Other world. I say visit because of Robert Enright's way with words he has you there in his world experiencing all of it! The characters are fun as well as terrifying if you stop and think about it. Love the sarcasm....ahhh my second language.
David Houston
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Odd, but kind of interesting.

Writing is decent. Story is kind of strange, maybe X-files-ish, but I never watched that series.
I think I am unlikely to buy another book in the series, but that's 'cause this isn't entirely my cup of tea.
Freda
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this story and looking forward to reading the rest of this series. Mr. Enright is a very good writer.
Kathrean Brooks
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book

This is a very good book. I enjoyed reading it.It is well written and has great people that you will want know better.
Patrick price
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book read the book in one nite could not stop reading,made me late for work the next day.Patrick price
Lori
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fall down the rabbit hole with this story; it's quirky, fun and a uniquely built world with realistic characters fueled by it. Highly recommended.
Debra Schwitzer
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly good read!

I am not sure exactly what I was expecting when I pulled this book from my reading list but I was pleasantly surprised that it was so different. From the beginning you are led into an alternate universe which sets the pace of our 'hero' getting quickly trained and thrown into his first assignment. Not as a secret agent but as a monster hunter. It is a wild ride and I wished it had been longer!
Mabrams
Leslie Liebman
Sep 14, 2020

• Best Kept Secret
  • BestFriend
  • Beneath the Canyons (Daughter of the Wildings #1)
  • Ben Archer and the Cosmic Fall (Alien Skill, #1)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • The Fear Bubble: Harness Fear and Live Without Limits
  • Interim
  • The Bejeweled Bottle (The Curious Collectibles Series #3)
  • Winding the Cat's Cradle
  • Witchling
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Harbinger (Sullivan Gray #2)
  • At the Tower of Midnight
  • In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an A&E Doctor
  • The Bloody Chair: A short horror story
  • Adventure in Malasorte Castle
  • Keep the Aspidistra Flying
  • Tethered to the World (A Phantom Touched #1)

Bermuda Jones Case Files (2 books)
  • Doorways (Bermuda Jones Case Files, #1)
  • The Absent Man (Bermuda Jones Case Files, #2)