Start by marking “Restless Storm” as Want to Read:

Restless Storm

Imagine losing everything you loved. Could you go on?

Kindle Edition
Published July 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Restless Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Restless Storm

Na

"I needed to find my happy. My true happy. God, if only it weren't the one thing I was most afraid of finding."

Restless Storm was my blind date book for August and my first read by Jamie Summer.

"With the water rushing through every piece of my soul, I knew I was finally back where I belonged. I was finally home."

This book is a nice and slow-burn romance read but sadly to me nothing really special. It kept my interest enough to continue reading. It's an emotional story about overcoming l
Coco.V
Feb 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/11/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Imagine losing everything you loved. Could you go on?

After her father’s death in an unexpected storm, Madeleine Core knew she needed to leave her home behind. The island of Crystal Cove, surrounded by the very element that killed her only family, reminded her too much of the things she lost. Not even one special person could convince her to stay. Now, two years later, a devastating phone call changes everything.

When a storm threatens to destroy the onl
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve spent a lovely afternoon in the garden reading this. I can’t believe this is my first read by this author but after reading this I know it won’t be the last read. Love the cover.

My heart broke for Maddy and it didn’t mend for quite a while. After her father died Maddy fled the island as she couldn’t bare it. Everywhere she looked there were memories. Two years away from the island and she was only surviving day by day. That is until a phone call from Jake was calling her home. She didn’t k
Katlin Musial
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
So boring.

I felt there wasn't much character depth. I didn't get the connection between the two characters.

The book was overly depressing and didn't feel like it was going anywhere.

(view spoiler)
Himanish Prabhakar
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
My review is 4.3 stars.

I have read many books where where there are events that are horrible. This book revolves around such an event. But the important thing that capture the attention and let you sunk in is the feeling and the emotions beneath the words. Both the character of the story are heart-broken for the reasons and author portrayed the characters very beautifully. I really love how she gambled on the character and story.

Both the characters of the book Maddy and Jake are written beautifu
Sandra Loves Reading
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
Maddy ran away from her island home on the death of her grandfather, as she couldn't bear the memories everywhere she looked. She left behind Jake the man she had feelings for.
Two years later she has a call from Jake to say there's a massive storm on the way and the island may not survive it.
With great trepidation she goes back to collect any mementos she wants to save.
She reconnects with her best friend as if no time had passed.
But Jake was a different matter.
What would happ
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
This story really hit home with me. The realness, how realistic it was, I found myself really connecting with Maddy. It was a emotional story, about loss, fighting your inner demons, learning how to let go and recover, and lastly true love.
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Restless Stars!!!✯✯

Jamie Summer has written another amazing story. She loves writing stories with her characters having a love of water. This was no different.

Maddy grew up on Crystal Cove. It’s a small island surrounded by water. Her father was the captain of his fishing boat. One day her father went out on a regular day, for a storm to come out of nowhere. Maddy’s dad didn’t survive the storm. Few days later Maddy got on the ferry and left Crystal Cove. She couldn’t survive without he
Sylvia Clail
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a journey!

The author Jamie Summers writes this book with such passion showing each one of the character's deepest fears and hurt whilst bringing the reader along with every wave that crashes in a storm not just from mother nature but from the storm going on with-in each characters heart.

Restless storm is a story of a girl who has lost all faith and hope in everything, even the sea that once used to calm her is now a daunting reminder of the life she used to have before that day it took the
AnneKR
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Jamie Summer’s I’ve read and I really enjoyed it! Maddy lost her father, a fisherman, out at sea in an unexpected storm. Growing up in Crystal Cove, the ocean was a part of her as well as the local people. But the death of her father brought much pain and devastation, so she packed up and left the island without much thought of what her leaving would do to the people she left behind. Jake has always liked Maddy in a more than friends way, but he never got the chance to ...more
Alison
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart Breaking, Beautiful Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

When faced with returning to the Island, Maddy once called home, old feelings resurface. Will Maddy find solace in Crystal Cove once again, or will the impending storm destroy the possibility of any second chances?

Jamie summer writes captivatingly and beautifully; she lures you into the story in a way you find yourself never wanting to leave. Restless Storm is a beautiful work of art. As your drawn into the be
Tonya
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

Touching and poignant, the story, although a little slow at first, transformed into a beautiful tale of introspection, human survival, facing your demons, and finding your place in the world. It touches on many emotions, went in a direction I didn't expect, and I got so involved that I stayed up until the wee hours to finish! I enjoyed the sweetness of the couple, the layers of
LettyT
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book hit me like a storm! It's sweet yet has a enough action to keep you on the edge of your seat.

Maddy Core was raised by her loving father after her mother died when she was a child. She works alongside him in his fishing business. When a storm that no one could predict kills her father, she's left lost, lonely and confused.

She realizes she can no longer stay on the island, the only place she's ever called home without him. She decides to leave and start a new life as far as possible.

Whe
Marsha
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Restless Storm

Wow. I'm a fairly new fan of Jamie Summer so I'm not super sure of what to expect from her work. If the fact that I devoured this book in a few hours says anything, I'm clearly a fan.
This book follows Maddy going back to the island of Crystal Cove for the first time in 2 years. She grew up there, but after a tragedy she moved away without looking back. An impending storm and a phone call from Jake bring her back to the island. Following Jake and Maddy and the other inhabitants of t
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Absolutely loved this book! This was my first book I’ve read by Jamie Summer and I feel like she knows how to pull on the heart strings. She made my heart hurt with the struggle that Maddy was going through and then the build up to her finally coming to terms with everything and finally letting Jake into her life was the best feeling.

I loved the secondary characters also! They were a huge part of the story and written so well that you feel in love with them. "
Joey Paul
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with the way Summer tells a story. I picked this up because I'd read her other works and loved every part of them. The same can be said for this, a heart-breakingly tender love story that comes from a place of pain, recovery and just plain love. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the book, wondering if Maddie and Jake would be able to make it work. The book is told from dual POV and I loved every second of it. Highly recommended!
Brit
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow.. speechless.

Jamie Summer is a new to me author and she totally blew me away with restless storm. So I read half of this book while on my vacation a few weeks ago and i couldnt put it down. I got a pretty bad sun burn because i refused to put it down. I didnt want to do much else. But i felt the emotions of this book and loved the writing. I dont want to ruin anything for anyone but you need to read this book
Natasha Carrere
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads

Nancy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the devastating loss of her father Maddy needs to leave the small island they lived on because the memories are to intense to live with. When a severe storm threatens the island and her old house. she needs to return to collect items that were important to her. What she collects are much more important than memories.
Fiona Wilson
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book via Quirky Blind Date with a Book on Facebook. Many thanks to the author also.

This is my kind of book, a slow burning story where I was constantly willing Maddy to get a grip and talk to Jake. The setting of the story is brilliantly done and the danger element kept me reading until I was done.

A definite recommendation from me.
Alicia
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully Written

This book was beautifully written. The characters were well developed and realistic. They were both likeable and relatable. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. Especially at the end. My heart was full of happiness for Maddy.
Kirsty Turner
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book took me a while to get in to but once I did get into it, I really enjoyed it. I loved Maddy and Jake's story, especially as it was dual POV so I was able to get both sides of the story. A very well written story. Really hope that I get Anna and Scott's story next!
Carol Kidd
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Book started out slow. Then it started to get real good. Watching people fears an anxiety take over. How real life and death can be.
Crystal Wilke
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by Jamie. I thought it was ok. I had a hard time getting into it. I did like how Maddy came over her fear. Jamie did a good job with that part.
Lamar
Tiffany
Aug 22, 2018
Carrie-anne Zurcher
Aug 14, 2018
Jamie is an author, wife, mother, reader and coffee lover who loves to take you on an emotional ride with her books.

When she was younger, it was her best friend who got her into writing in the first place. School was boring? Afternoon off? Fanfic writing was what they would do for hours to no end. Publishing, though, hadn't been anything on Jamie's radar until she woke up one day from a very vivi