Start by marking “The Ink Master's Silence (Glass and Steele, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Ink Master's Silence (Glass and Steele, #6)

The Ink Master's Silence

(Glass and Steele #6)

It should be a happy time for India and Matt, but forces beyond their control conspire to ruin their future. A distraction from their troubles comes in the form of murder.

When the editor of The Weekly Gazette is killed, controversial journalist and ink magician Oscar Barratt asks India and Matt to investigate. As the recipient of threatening letters written on magic paper,
ebook
Published September 4th 2018 by C.J. Archer

Mari (Smut Duchess)
3.0 - 3.5 boring ***

I listened to the audio of this book. Matt is healed and the future should be bright for him and India. Unfortunately Matt still is being blackmailed by his Uncle to marry his cousin. I am so very tired of this sub-plot. Matt being encourage / coerced to marry one of his cousins has been an issue since the beginning of the series. Matt seems like such a strong character until he’s faced with his Uncle then he becomes a doormat. I waited and waited for him to tell his relative
Becky Gault
Good but missing something...

Actually 1/2 Stars because I loved all the lovey-doves stuff between India and Matt, but I felt the mystery wasn’t as urgent or dire as the other books. I love the developing relationships between other characters and India’s growing confidence, but the Rycroft family need to get some morals, kindness, or courage. Overall, compelling love story, but mystery was lacking.
Sarah Pollak
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
pam turner
Yawn....

What happened? The other books in this series were full of action and magic. This one felt forced, like, it was written under pressure. I found myself putting it down from lack of interest, and having to re-read whole pages to keep track of the very thin story line. Very thin. There was no magic, anywhere. Oh, except when a guy made a piece of paper fly up and give a paper cut. Seriously? Even now, after finding out 'who did it', I really didn't care. The book just ends at 80%. Kind of f
Lindap
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.50 / 3 Stars

The editor of a newspaper is murdered (because of the magic articles) and much of it revolves around an Ink Master, his brother, and other's who feel the magicians will ruin non-magician's businesses. I found the mystery rather weak and the resolution of the mystery wrapped up rather quickly. Too much time was spent on Matt's forced impending wedding by his aunt and uncle to to their daughter. There really was no further character development between Matt and India. (view spoiler)
Keith
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very nice continuation.
Hope Sloper
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Everything that drew me in with this series seemed to dissipate with this installment of the Glass and Steele series. The other books I devoured quickly, while this one took me too long to read.

I am so disappointed.
Mary
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series, except for the cliffhanger at the end, but that just means there will be a Glass and Steel # 7, I am ready.
Alexandra G.
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

While I love the series and I really did enjoy this book, I couldn't give it 5 stars because it kind of dragged along.
The mystery wasn't that interesting, the drama with the cousin annoyed me to no end, I fell like the old lady is the real mastermind in these books and the Scooby-Doo killer was kinda' stupid. The way he showed up and started explaining his evil plan.

Besides all that, the book was nice. India changed and matured so much and I love seeing how confident she is now.

I real
John S Roth
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Excellent Story!!

I absolutely love this series! It's wonderful that each book stands well on its own merit, it is even better as a series as the sum of the storyline becomes greater than its parts! Author C.J. Archer pens a series complete with characters that are well defined and real - the reader becomes part of the story! Fabulous!!
K.J. Harrowick
True review: 3.5 stars
Why I picked up this book:

The Glass and Steele series is a rare set of stories that both me and my writing friend love. She and I eagerly look forward to the next installment, race to read first, then chat about the current story and what we want to happen in the next book. After getting reader slapped in book number five with a blackmailed wedding engagement between Matthew Glass and his cousin Patience, of course we picked up the next book as soon as it went on sale. For
Citta Dee
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm sorry to say that I'm so disappointed with the author and I'm going to quit this series. I was a fan and I've read it from book one and I've loved it so very much because it seems like a mix of Pride and Prejudice and Sherlock Holmes. And magic! So I thought, "Finally! Here comes my dream book!!"

BUT I feel that I've to put a stop in this series because, first of all, Matt's character thoroughly annoyed me. He was a badass, clever, and charming man but it seems so ridiculous that he kept up w
LunaLibro
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Elenariel
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
1.5 and rated with 2 just because of a couple funny quotes!
I was expecting this book to be superfluous but I can not feel not disappointed anyway.
The new murder/investigation is not enough to uplift the story beacuse is the umpteenth one, and because is not that compelling, nor well executed. The main characters are distracted by other matters, easily solvable themselves but purposely procrastinated and with the side effect of making them appear not as smart as they should be (according to previ
Michelle Fritz PA
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow... did not see so many of the events happening that took place!!! I must say that I'm disappointed in one of the characters. I barely have words to describe just what my thoughts and feelings are. I must say that this is the first time that I've finished a book by Ms. Archer and not been jumping up and down figuratively. I am positively dying to see just where the series progresses from here. This is a true testament to the power of C.J. Archer's words!! She's created these amazingly unique ...more
(view spoiler) ...more
Lynne Shear
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I started Book six in this wonderful series, I felt I was sitting among friends in their sitting room. The familiar wit and teasing that CJ Archer so cleverly weaves through this lovely book, has you smiling whilst reading it, even though there is a murderer on the loose. The plot moves easily, twisting and turning through the chapters, whilst a second story is unfolding - Matt's engagement to Patience, manipulated by her dreadful parents. But for me, it is the camaraderie that clever ...more
Patricia
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another stunner

The sixth book in the Glass and Steele series is excellent. I will not give spoilers because I hate it when I read them by accident.
Each novel gets better and I suggest that you read them in order. By doing so, you will become familiar with the characters who are written of in The Ink master's Silence. Each character has their own marvelous moments, and I will tell you to be prepared to chuckle now and again.
The tension is high between Matt's engagement and the new case brought
Sussan
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book and had a couple of very (from my point of view), satisfying moments; a couple of people have been put in their places, gently but firmly. This is a satisfying read but there is trouble brewing and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
If you have come this far in the series I do not believe you will not be disappointed. There is a fair bit going on in this book but it’s easier enough to follow, I’d have liked a little more magic and to be perfectly honest I wa
Sarah Hamilton
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glass and Steele are Back

I love this series, but was on the fence on whether it deserved a 4 or 5 and I stuck with my gut and still have it a 4. I love the mystery and the chemistry and relationships between characters. I love how magic is shown in the book and the problems it is creating for both characters and society. However, it's book 6 and the angst between India and Matt was getting a little old, as well as some of the other continuous plot lines of turmoil between different characters.
Alex in Spades
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
2,5-3 Stars

As much as I enjoy this series overall, I felt that this book was lacking something, and was more of a filler. As much as I adored India and Matt's relationship developement here, the mystery cas was more on the boring side. It lacked the usual action, and emotions. I'm glad that this book was not the last one in the series, but I'm a bit affraid that the longer it takes to finish it, the more of those filler parts we'll get.

Overall my least favorite in the series as for the main magi
Leonie B
The writing is losing its depth and strength with each novel, and the characters are less interesting because there are less of the mannerisms and characterising details that brought them to life in earlier books.

There is little urgency in the plot and you know things are going to get tidied up nicely at the 11th hour. Hopefully book 7 brings back a bit more of the spark in Miss Steel and Mr Glass' relationship, and there are a few more surprises in store in the plot.
Lyssa Falcao
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great writer. Good series. Worth the read.

Love this book. This last book packed away all my questions nearly however, there is one thing left undone but perhaps if there is a next book. My question would be answered. I hate to leave a series and never know what will happen in their lives. This last book did have Audible availability but I still liked this book. Romance, cunning, mystery. Great.thanks
Nicola Pike
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really love the story but some things got in the way of enjoying it to its fullest. Like the historical inaccuracies. British Juries aren't anything like American's. Actually Matt would have probably ended up on one of the Juries in at least one of the cases. Newspapers didn't really have rivals back then. They often swapped stories. Engagement rings weren't very common. Brand new idea brought in by the debeers. Oh and there was a poor misses steele when it should have been poor misses glass.
Natasha du Plessis
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved reading about India and Matt again but feels that this book did not have the spark that the others had. Lots of underhandedness went on in this book and it seems that nobody could be trusted. At least Matt is now healed but this book still tackles the problem of his three nieces that needs husbands. Will India and Matt be able to save the day again?
Jem McCusker
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed every page in book six of the Glass and Steele series. It's a pleasure to see the growth in all characters, particularly Miss Glass. I don't want to leave any spoilers here but as usual the mystery was right on point with well developed new characters. Looking forward to book 7!
Danaye
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally!

Ahhhh this was the hardest thing for me to read! I mean I really enjoyed it, but I maaaay have had to skip to the end and then go back and fill in the gaps... I just couldn’t take it, I had to know if there would be a happy ending this time.

I won’t say anything more than that. Great read, still love the characters and it’s just a really fun series.
Peekablue
While I love the series as a whole, this book was rather weak when compared with the others. The mystery and investigation was its downfall. It just wasn't as interesting or suspenseful as the previous ones. I do think that the events that occurred after the mystery was solved show promise for book seven. I am looking forward to what it has in store.
Susan J. Anderson
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the interaction with India and Matt and am glad the whole debaucle with his cousin is over. I hope the next book doesn't bring the cousins into it as I felt that was a bit overdone. I am looking forward to the next book. I also hope there is more mystery in the story as this book ended too fast.
Sarah Battease
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I like all of C. J. Archer's books that I've read. They are entertaining, quick reads. No, the characters (women especially) do not act like typical Victorians. However, magic wasn't really around then either, so I think a little artistic license should be allowed.
  • The Pearl Thief
  • The Elusive Elixir (An Accidental Alchemist Mystery)
  • Dirty Laundry (J.J. Graves Mystery #5)
  • Mage Strike (The Enslaved Chronicles, #2)
  • Reclaim (The Harvest Saga #3)
  • Capstone (Cornerstone #4)
  • The Long and Short of It (The Chronicles of St Mary's anthology)
  • Diamond Days (Born Bratva 6)
  • Chasing Truth (Eleanor Ames, #1)
  • Haint Blue (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #9)
  • The Foxfire Lights (Hal Bishop Mysteries #2)
  • The Hero Within (Burned Lands, #3)
  • The Psychology of Body Language
  • Temptation by Fire
  • Details, Details, Details (Modern Gods, #1)
  • Going Commando
  • Blame It on Scotland (Kilts and Quilts #7)
  • Unbreakable Love: A Collection of Contemporary Romances
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now

Glass and Steele (7 books)
  • The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele, #1)
  • The Mapmaker's Apprentice (Glass and Steele, #2)
  • The Apothecary's Poison (Glass and Steele, #3)
  • The Magician's Diary (Glass and Steele, #4)
  • The Convent's Secret (Glass and Steele #5)
  • The Cheater's Game (Glass and Steele, #7)