Start by marking “The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1” as Want to Read:
The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1

The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1

Angel Svabodina is a rookie forensic anthropologist, enjoying the beginning of her new career. That joy comes crashing down when she figures out the skeleton she’s working on is not human and then it vanishes.

She throws herself fully into the case without thinking about the parties involved, a psychopomp associate, and paranormal mafia families made up of vampires and were
Published September 2nd 2018 by Amazon KDP

To ask other readers questions about The Scented Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scented Bones

Dash fan
5☆ A Must Read Fun Supernatural Mystery

I have a guilty pleasure for vampire and Witches books, so as soon as Shannon invited me to read The Scented Bones I jumped at the chance!
I mean who could resist that cool cover it's fab!

The Scented Bones isn't like your typical fantasy vamp, witches, werewolves books.
This is a fun, magical/fantasy mystery with plenty of quirky, endearing characters , that once you start reading its hard to put down!

Angel is a Anthropologist and a Witch. Although she does
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Wow, what a phenomenal paranormal must read! I loved everything about this gem of a novel! Even though this book was short & sweet and could be gobbled up in less than a day, it was packed with fantastic characters, great world building and a fast yet detailed plot!
Acacia Parker
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, paranormal is definitely my thing. I love anything with witches and vampires and werewolves, and you know what? You get all of those in this fast-paced, fun read. Angel is definitely a great heroine to root for, and learning about her history adds a lot of charm to the book that I really loved. While I could go on and on about it, I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say this...

There was a few twist and turns I didn't see coming. I always appreciate that because I ty
Staci
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining mystery with many suprises.

Each bring a new element complexity to the story. Despite the solemn nature of circumstances humorous and easy to read. I appreciate her relatable emotional reactions to circumstances. Yet they don't overwhelm the heroine in her path. Dealing with paranormal hierarchy doesn't make her task any easier. Excited to see what comes next in this series.
Tresa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read!!! I loved the unique storyline especially with the different supernatural families! The characters are fascinating, especially Angel and her Gram!! With a little mystery thrown in, this is a DEFINITE, MUST read for those who love fun, paranormal books!
Didi Oviatt
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Usually when you think of paranormal characters like witches, werewolves, vampires etc. you think of books that are very ominous and heavy, like something with that Dun-Dun-Dun background music. When I read The Scented Bones, I was really surprised at how light and fun of a read it is. I devoured the entire book in one setting, at night, and still slept like a baby afterwards. I wasn't consumed with nightmares, or tossing round all night because I'd freaked myself out with the creepy creeps. So ...more
Laura Doherty
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
was keen to read The Scented Bones after taking part in the book trailer reveal in August. Even though I don’t generally enjoy horror I am a huge fan of paranormal and so the idea of a paranormal, mafia, detective book sounded fantastic!

I am going to get the bleurgh moment out of the way first and say that I am really not keen on the cover. It doesn’t really convey the quality of the writing within its pages and if I was to see it in a book shop or library I would probably walk right past. Once
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great, fast paced, mystery that I could not put down. The plot is tightly woven, with intriguing characters, and a mystery that kept me guessing. I enjoyed this book and following along as the clues were put together.
Patricia
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you are the forensics anthropoligst and is working on a case of a dead girl and the case becomes more complicated when the girl isn't a human but a fae . Well that is what happens to Angel Svabina and she is thrown into a world of werewolves and vampires oh and the mafia familes they represent . When the bones are stolen and she has to work with werewolves will she loose her heart to her mate and will she solve the case without ticking off the Fae Queen .
I dove into this b
Jessica Bronder
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angelina, Angel, Svabodina is a forensic anthropologist working on a strange skeleton that turns out not to be human. But when she goes back to investigate the skeleton has disappeared. But Angel has her own secrets about the paranormal, she has tried to walk away from it but it has just drug her back. She is going to have to interview the fae along with dealing with vampires, werewolves, and witches amount other paranormal creatures is she plans on solving the poor dead girls murder.

Angel has b
Jessica Rachow
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of the paranormal, then this is the book for you! From shape-shifters, to witches, to vampires and were wolves, Angelina Kernerhas created a unique world, full of fascinating characters. I honestly couldn’t put this one down.

There’s a little bit of humor, and a while lot of mystery and suspense, which I found so enticing. The Scented Bones is one of those novels that has you questioning, and keeps you hooked the entire way through.

I love the characters. Our heroine, Angel is a fa
Monica
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new a fun series! Its got a little of everything. Shifters, witches, fae, vampires and more! Angel is a newby forensic anthropologist. She's finding her feet in her new career and she's focused on succeeding. Her happiness comes at a standstill when an interesting case falls into her lap and she realizes she can't hide who she is anymore. A fae is dead and she's on it if people would stop messing with her! The cat....errr witch is out of the bag so to speak. I cant say too much without ...more
Patti
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.6

I am a huge fan of a certain similar TV series so thus storyline with paranormal characters elevated my interest. Of course this authors ability to breathe life into these characters quickly captured my attention and I disappeared into the pages happily. There are crap loads of intriguing situations and details so needless to say, I want more ! A wonderful read that I am glad I have been exposed to! All my reviews are always voluntarily written.
Nikki Bao
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angel is a forensic anthropologist and a witch. She's studying a skeleton when she discovers that it isn't human and then it vanishes. Working with a psychopomp and werewolves will prove challenging, if not deadly. Will the victim have justice or will Angel join them?
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Magical! Murder, mystery and mates... a fun urban paranormal mafia suspense that was unique and interesting to read. I enjoyed the different characters and creatures.
Amy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun new paranormal series. It has it all. Plus some mystery all well. A definite must read for all paranormal lovers. I cannot wait to see what's next!
Sarah Greenwood
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goes down as another off my 2019 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book with non-human characters. We have witches, werewolves, vampires and many more that will show up as the series continues. The Mafia paranormal families are causing trouble and Angel seems to be at the centre of it with a bones case she was working – one where they go missing. Vampires – the Kamorra – and werewolves – the Tarotia – seem to be at the top of it, but which to be more afraid of is anyone’s guess. Let’s the supernatura ...more
Darlene
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, mystery
Werewolves, witches and vampires, a paranormal mafia- oh my! The story features Angel, a unique forensic anthropologist who also happens to be a witch. Her case involving missing bones of a supernatural victim makes an interesting, entertaining mystery. This mundane loved it and highly recommends spending an afternoon in Angel's world.
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Scented Bones by Angelina Kerner is an adrenaline junkies dream. With witches, mafia, werewolves, shapeshifers and the like just imagine what trouble you could get into. Imagine dealing with the mob...and findingout they aren't human. When Angel finds the body on her table isn't human but a fae girl who was left where everyone would find her..someone wants to start a war. The unusual plot and storyline keeps this book refreshing and enjoyable. Character development is outstanding and you wan ...more
Mike Lewis
Kelly Simpson
Vicki
Sharon
Apr 11, 2019
ANGELINA KERNER is an author of paranormal and lighthearted romance. She’s the wife of a photographer/physicist, and the mother of a cute little toddler, but she’s also been a dancer, a psychologist, an anthropologist, a geographer, a dreamer, and an adventurer. She does her best writing while being bothered by her cats, taking care of her son, in dressing rooms while waiting for family to try on ...more