Start by marking “The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1” as Want to Read:
The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1

The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1

Angel Svabodina is a rookie forensic anthropologist, enjoying the beginning of her new career. That joy comes crashing down when she figures out the skeleton she’s working on is not human and then it vanishes.

She throws herself fully into the case without thinking about the parties involved, a psychopomp associate, and paranormal mafia families made up of vampires and were
Published September 2nd 2018 by Amazon KDP

To ask other readers questions about The Scented Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scented Bones

Start your review of The Scented Bones: The Svabodina Case Files #1
Dash fan
5☆ A Must Read Fun Supernatural Mystery

I have a guilty pleasure for vampire and Witches books, so as soon as Shannon invited me to read The Scented Bones I jumped at the chance!
I mean who could resist that cool cover it's fab!

The Scented Bones isn't like your typical fantasy vamp, witches, werewolves books.
This is a fun, magical/fantasy mystery with plenty of quirky, endearing characters , that once you start reading its hard to put down!

Angel is a Anthropologist and a Witch. Although she does
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Wow, what a phenomenal paranormal must read! I loved everything about this gem of a novel! Even though this book was short & sweet and could be gobbled up in less than a day, it was packed with fantastic characters, great world building and a fast yet detailed plot! ...more
Acacia Parker
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, paranormal is definitely my thing. I love anything with witches and vampires and werewolves, and you know what? You get all of those in this fast-paced, fun read. Angel is definitely a great heroine to root for, and learning about her history adds a lot of charm to the book that I really loved. While I could go on and on about it, I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say this...

There was a few twist and turns I didn't see coming. I always appreciate that because I ty
Staci
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining mystery with many suprises.

Each bring a new element complexity to the story. Despite the solemn nature of circumstances humorous and easy to read. I appreciate her relatable emotional reactions to circumstances. Yet they don't overwhelm the heroine in her path. Dealing with paranormal hierarchy doesn't make her task any easier. Excited to see what comes next in this series.
Jessica Belmont
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t always re-read books, but when I do, I make sure they are as good as The Scented Bones! There’s there’s additional content in this version, and it just added to the story. I am absolutely in love with the content of this story and had so much fun revisiting this world!

If you’re a paranormal fan, Angelina Kerner has your back with this one. Shape-shifter, werewolves, vampires, witches, all in a unique world.

I love the characters Angelina Kerner has created. They feel so real, I almost for
Tresa
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read!!! I loved the unique storyline especially with the different supernatural families! The characters are fascinating, especially Angel and her Gram!! With a little mystery thrown in, this is a DEFINITE, MUST read for those who love fun, paranormal books!
Didi Oviatt
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Usually when you think of paranormal characters like witches, werewolves, vampires etc. you think of books that are very ominous and heavy, like something with that Dun-Dun-Dun background music. When I read The Scented Bones, I was really surprised at how light and fun of a read it is. I devoured the entire book in one setting, at night, and still slept like a baby afterwards. I wasn't consumed with nightmares, or tossing round all night because I'd freaked myself out with the creepy creeps. So ...more
Laura Doherty
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
was keen to read The Scented Bones after taking part in the book trailer reveal in August. Even though I don’t generally enjoy horror I am a huge fan of paranormal and so the idea of a paranormal, mafia, detective book sounded fantastic!

I am going to get the bleurgh moment out of the way first and say that I am really not keen on the cover. It doesn’t really convey the quality of the writing within its pages and if I was to see it in a book shop or library I would probably walk right past. Once
Jolene Dretzka
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious and Smart

At first, I wasn't clear where this story was going to take me. Ms. Kerner has an eye for detail and it's shows in the world she builds. She eases you in slowly, but once that world is fully formed the story takes off. There is plenty of magic, excitement, mystery, and love to keep you reading and craving more. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out. Even though there's no major cliffhanger, it's obvious there is much more to this story. I need to know what h
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great, fast paced, mystery that I could not put down. The plot is tightly woven, with intriguing characters, and a mystery that kept me guessing. I enjoyed this book and following along as the clues were put together.
Patricia
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you are the forensics anthropoligst and is working on a case of a dead girl and the case becomes more complicated when the girl isn't a human but a fae . Well that is what happens to Angel Svabina and she is thrown into a world of werewolves and vampires oh and the mafia familes they represent . When the bones are stolen and she has to work with werewolves will she loose her heart to her mate and will she solve the case without ticking off the Fae Queen .
I dove into this b
Connor Hart
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the moment I flipped the first page of The Scented Bones I began a journey through a world I now feverishly await to delve back into. It’s a gripping journey that breaks down the modernity of everyday life and reveals an antique paranormal complex beneath.
From her seemingly mundane occupation to her deep paranormal past, Angel is a character whose circumstances tear her from a life of normalcy and in turn, push you closer to the edge of your seat. As the holiday spirit is in the air, someone’
Jessica Bronder
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angelina, Angel, Svabodina is a forensic anthropologist working on a strange skeleton that turns out not to be human. But when she goes back to investigate the skeleton has disappeared. But Angel has her own secrets about the paranormal, she has tried to walk away from it but it has just drug her back. She is going to have to interview the fae along with dealing with vampires, werewolves, and witches amount other paranormal creatures is she plans on solving the poor dead girls murder.

Angel has b
Jessica Belmont
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of the paranormal, then this is the book for you! From shape-shifters, to witches, to vampires and were wolves, Angelina Kernerhas created a unique world, full of fascinating characters. I honestly couldn’t put this one down.

There’s a little bit of humor, and a while lot of mystery and suspense, which I found so enticing. The Scented Bones is one of those novels that has you questioning, and keeps you hooked the entire way through.

I love the characters. Our heroine, Angel is a fa
Monica
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new a fun series! Its got a little of everything. Shifters, witches, fae, vampires and more! Angel is a newby forensic anthropologist. She's finding her feet in her new career and she's focused on succeeding. Her happiness comes at a standstill when an interesting case falls into her lap and she realizes she can't hide who she is anymore. A fae is dead and she's on it if people would stop messing with her! The cat....errr witch is out of the bag so to speak. I cant say too much without ...more
Charlotte
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great variety

This book was given to me for an honest review.
Angel is a blood witch, but she had her grandmother seal off her powers 3 years ago. It looks like Angel is going to need them whether she wants them or not.
First off, it has a cliffhanger ending, so be prepared. This story has many different paranormal beings, I like the variety. The heroine has get back her witch magic (that she doesn't want), find out why her skeleton went missing, confront heads of the mafia. This young women has a
Suzanne Nemec
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Scented Bones was a fun read which I couldn't put down until the last page and Angel, made for a great lead character! I could tell the author put a lot of research into the forensic and other parts of the story. I especially loved all the interesting characters and all the paranormal infusion.

There were some great twists that left me craving for more books in, "The Svabodina Case Files" collection.
Patti
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 4.6

I am a huge fan of a certain similar TV series so thus storyline with paranormal characters elevated my interest. Of course this authors ability to breathe life into these characters quickly captured my attention and I disappeared into the pages happily. There are crap loads of intriguing situations and details so needless to say, I want more ! A wonderful read that I am glad I have been exposed to! All my reviews are always voluntarily written.
Nikki Bao
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angel is a forensic anthropologist and a witch. She's studying a skeleton when she discovers that it isn't human and then it vanishes. Working with a psychopomp and werewolves will prove challenging, if not deadly. Will the victim have justice or will Angel join them?
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Magical! Murder, mystery and mates... a fun urban paranormal mafia suspense that was unique and interesting to read. I enjoyed the different characters and creatures.
Amy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun new paranormal series. It has it all. Plus some mystery all well. A definite must read for all paranormal lovers. I cannot wait to see what's next!
Sarah G
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Goes down as another off my 2019 Bookworm Bingo Challenge – A book with non-human characters. We have witches, werewolves, vampires and many more that will show up as the series continues. The Mafia paranormal families are causing trouble and Angel seems to be at the centre of it with a bones case she was working – one where they go missing. Vampires – the Kamorra – and werewolves – the Tarotia – seem to be at the top of it, but which to be more afraid of is anyone’s guess. Let’s the supernatura ...more
Darlene
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, mystery
Werewolves, witches and vampires, a paranormal mafia- oh my! The story features Angel, a unique forensic anthropologist who also happens to be a witch. Her case involving missing bones of a supernatural victim makes an interesting, entertaining mystery. This mundane loved it and highly recommends spending an afternoon in Angel's world.
Angi Burns ~Rabid Readers Book Blog
Amazing magical read!

Carol Cassada
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Take a paranormal book with witches, werewolves, and vampires, add a mafia and crime, and you have the makings of a good story.

The book revolves around forensic anthropologist Angel Svabodina, who is a witch. Angel hasn’t used her powers in years, yet finds herself using magic when she investigates a crime involving a fae. Angel soon become immersed in a magic war between werewolves and vampires, and she has to decide who to trust.

This was a fun read and it had a bit of everything from paranor
Twocutescotties
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last night, I finished The Scented Bones. Loved it! I was hooked before I read through the first chapter and if it wasn't for adulting, I would not have put it down. Paranormal and mystery, two of my favorite genres, with a touch of romance to keep it all the more interesting. The story kept up the pace, never lagging so not once did I skip to get to another part ... I really don't like it when I have to do that. Get this book, you will fall in love with the story and the characters, like I did. ...more
Vickie Chaisson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Scented Bones by Angelina Kerner is an adrenaline junkies dream. With witches, mafia, werewolves, shapeshifers and the like just imagine what trouble you could get into. Imagine dealing with the mob...and findingout they aren't human. When Angel finds the body on her table isn't human but a fae girl who was left where everyone would find her..someone wants to start a war. The unusual plot and storyline keeps this book refreshing and enjoyable. Character development is outstanding and you wan ...more
W.A. Ashes
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An Alluring Mystery

This paranormal crime drama sucked me in right away. I have to admit I fan girled a bit when it came to the werewolves and fae involved. This author showed she knew her mythology with uses of Oberon, Titania, werewolves, vampires, witches, demons, and even some creatures I hadn’t heard of. Her characters were full of life and I loved the mafia theme of the work, as well as how thought out the actual case that Angel (the main character) is trying solve was.
Teri Ditchman
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has a great and very original storyline. Is along the paranormal lines and involves finding the souls of the lost by finding their bones. The best part, I thought, was at the end of the book. There is a couple family trees and drawings of the main characters, when they are regular people, and what they look like as their paranormal selves. Also says their heights, their likes etc.
Carol Cassada
Oct 13, 2019

• Crossing All Boundaries (Destined To Be Lovers saga Book 1)
  • Listen To Me! (Paranormal Mystery)
  • Constellations
  • Flame and Form (Draghans of Firiehn Book 1)
  • Calm Assurance (Orlosian Warriors #1)
  • Shark Bite (Romance in Rehoboth #7)
  • Justice for Landee (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Bluegrass Bravery Book 6)
  • Torn: A Fallen Angel Love Story (Fallen Angels Book 1)
  • Adventurous Me (Me, You, and Us, #1)
  • Grim Undertakings: Book 1 of the GrimFaerie Chronicles
  • Shelter for Tanna (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha / Bluegrass Bravery Book 7)
  • Tea with Monster (Misfits & Rogues Series, #1)
  • Heart of Stone
  • Cupcakes and a Casualty (Taste of Magic Book 1)
  • Angels and Diamonds
  • Later Gator (Southern Fried Sass, #1)
  • Turn The Page: When You're Looking For A Killer
  • Grains of Graphite (Book 1)
ANGELINA KERNER is an author of paranormal and lighthearted romance. She’s the wife of a photographer/physicist, and the mother of a cute little toddler, but she’s also been a dancer, a psychologist, an anthropologist, a geographer, a dreamer, and an adventurer. She does her best writing while being bothered by her cats, taking care of her son, in dressing rooms while waiting for family to try on ...more

News & Interviews