Start by marking “Stoking Her Fire: A Blue Collar Romance” as Want to Read:
Stoking Her Fire: A Blue Collar Romance

Stoking Her Fire: A Blue Collar Romance

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  309 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
I’d always loved her, even if she never knew.

Growing up as Avery’s friend was the hardest part, especially when all I wanted to do was claim her as mine. But I was that awkward, geeky kid with the black-rimmed glasses, a social outcast.

Time and distance had separated us, but I never forgot about her. My love for Avery never lessened. It only grew.

Now back in town, worki
Kindle Edition
Published June 2018

To ask other readers questions about Stoking Her Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stoking Her Fire

♡Tonya♡
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy. Sweet and Safe!

So much sweetness! This second chance romance was just how I like them- sexy, sweet and safe! A 6 year separation and they still were not with others! I was so happy!

-no cheating
-no ow/on drama at all
-no violence of a sexual nature
-no pushing away
-dual virgins
-fantastic epilogues that gave us a great look into their future which I adore
M M
Elizabeth Neal
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jackson and Avery were friends when they were younger, but both wanted more. However, he was socially awkward and made fun of for it while she always had a smile to cover the pain of her childhood. But when Jackson's dad was transferred to another state, they were separated before either could gather up the courage to share their feelings.

Six years later, Jackson has returned, determined to claim Avery, or at the least tell her how he feels. He's waited, literally, to be with her, and only her.
Macaela Conder
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, confirmed-safe
Absolutely perfect read for a Monday morning. All mondays should start this way. They have loved each other since they were kids and neither mentioned it before he moved away. I loved when they finally told each other and oh boy it was HOT! Double V is my kryptonite!
PointedlyBlunt
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Stoking Her Fire is a safe and sweet romance, but it's pretty slow and uneventful. It's a short read about two people that've had feelings for each other since childhood finally getting the chance they've longed for.

Jackson's feelings for Avery are cute and swoon-worthy, and the devotion Avery had towards Jackson when he was bullied at school makes your heart melt. There just isn't any conflict and it's very insta-love, so there isn't enough time to watch their relationship grow to really get i
Janice Somers
A young love returns for true sexy love. This is a quick, very hot romance and of so good.
Jackson is a geeky sixteen year old who loves Avery a beautiful girl and best friends. But before he can tell her that he loves her, he has to leave, move away and never see her again.
Avery has loved Jackson as a teenager but also still as an adult. She was alone except for the grandmother who raised her. Her grandmother was living in a nursing home but, now she's in the hospital after the nursing home burn
April Symes
What a super fun and extremely sexy story by Mila Crawford. Avery has loved Jackson ever since they met in school He felt the same about her. Avery and Jackson didn’t want to ruin their friendship by admitting how they felt so they didn’t admit they had strong feelings for one another and Jackson ended up moving away when he was 16. Fast forward 6 years and Jackson is back. He doesn’t look like he did when he was 16- now he is this sexy beast of a man. Avery can’t believe her eyes. She can’t bel ...more
Liz
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
A 10-minute, zero angst, double virgin novella. This is what lies BEYOND low angst and no angst.

A second-chance romance, the MCs lose touch when the H moves away during/after high school. The book basically details running into each other again and confessing they have always loved each other. Then they exchange their V cards and say "I love you" an astounding amount of times during their first time together. The end!
Macaela Conder
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: confirmed-safe
M.K.
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Jackson and Avery were so frigging amazing! This was a quick read that kept me turning pages!
Ruby Ap.
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
I loved this novella and Jackson & his Avery's story was a beautiful, sexy, hot and great story to tell us by author, Mila Crawford :) She did an amazing job writing this and we got to see them first as teenagers and only being friends but secretly in love with one another to six years passing by after Jackson's family moved away and their contact at first was constant until it dwindled and them completely stopped but their love for one another never died <3

Jackson is very determined when
Leslee
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avery has loved Jackson ever since they met in school. Jackson felt the same. They were both too scared to ruin their friendship by confessing their feelings, even when Jackson moves away when they are sixteen. Six long years later, Jackson is back and he is no longer the skinny nerd Avery remembers. He has been hesitant to approach her, worried that she has already found someone. When fate steps in, they both realize that they cannot ignore their feelings anymore. Don't worry, this totally has ...more
Lauren
This story is short, fast paced and sweet. I read this book within half an hour and was satisfied throughout. This story is kind of a second chance romance, in a way. Avery and Jackson were friends in school and both of them had feelings for one another that they kept secret. When Jackson moved away, the feelings were still there despite them losing touch. Jackson isn’t afraid to go after the girl he loves anymore. He is no longer the high school nerd; he is a grown man, a fire fighter.
I really
Rebecca Austin
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Jackson was known as a geek in high school but by his side was his best friend, Avery Sinclair. When Jackson moves away time and distance soon separate them and they lose touch.

Six years later Jackson is back in town and is now a firefighter who unexpectedly meets up with Avery again.

Will the chemistry still be there between them and will they finally have a chance?

This was a great quick read on finding romance that you had in the past.

I really liked Jackson and I loved that Avery liked him in h
Mindy Chase-selder
Fire Stoked!

Who doesn’t love a beauty and the geek story with a HEA. Jackson was the Geek back in high school that befriended Avery the Beauty only they both wanted to be more than friends but didn’t know who to tell the other. After years of being separated these two finally get their chance. Jackson leaves no room for loss. When he finally finds his Avery again he does whatever it takes to keep her and make her his. This was a quick sweet read with two people that you can’t help but want to en
Christina Astorga
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. This was not my first book by M. Crawford and will not be my last. I enjoy her writing. This is a quick read where we meet Avery and Jackson. They are high school friends who are both to young and nervous to say anything regarding their feelings for the other. Fast forward a couple of years and they run into each other again. Jackson purposefully comes back for Avery and knows he needs to say something. Avery never forgot Jackson and realizes h ...more
Bibliophile  Chloe
What a quick, fun story! This is the first book I have read from Mila.

This is the story we all want when we were girls.  Nerdy boy and beautiful girl becomes friends.  Time separates them and boy comes back as a strong alpha man!

This was a page turner! I was sad to see it end, but loved the multiple epilogues at the end that finished their story beautifully!

I am going to have to keep my eye out for more stories from this author! If you are looking for a quick, perfect read, get this!

Sloane
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I really loved this book. It was such a cute story of two people who really like each other separated young and reuniting when the time was right. I love that Avery wasn't the bully's girlfriend or even interested in the bully. She kinda liked her awkward friend. Jackson was a good Hero; he did a few things I didn't like, but that was just me personally. Their reunion was sweet and cute. He took her to the diner they hung out in as teenagers. Aww. I would definitely recommend this book!
Linda Barrett
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Avery and Jackson's story was a sweet and sexy second chance romance that you definitely need to one click.
I loved how sweet these two were together and it had the perfect mix of possessive alpha and sweet innocence.
Their story will definitely give you all the feels and make you fall in love with this novella.
I highly recommend you one click this book now and get swept away on the swoonworthy train to a HEA.
Stoking her fire...

So sweet. Best friends when they were teens. Total opposite but they loved each other, even back then. Separated by years and now fate had brought them back together to continue where they left off and to be honest with each other about their true feelings.

Both of them were totally adorable and so was Gigi. I loved every minute of this novella. Wished there was a little bit more!
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mila Crawford doesn’t disappoint with this novella. I have not read a disappointing story by this author. Quick, sweet read with some heat. The nerdy moves away from the popular girl. There was a true friendship but neither of them made a move to take a step further. Fast forward years later nerdy boy moves back and he has surprises.
Teresa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These two were super cute together.

Childhood friends reunited after years apart still filled with what they think is unrequited love. It's a short, well written story with a decent plot considering it's short length. Throughly enjoyable from start to finish.

It's really sweet, leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling inside and a happy smile on your face.
Tessa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect adult bedtime story. Jackson and Avery’s story a nice escape from the real world. These two are friends and have shared so much together but circumstance separates them and years later they have found each other again. It’s time for Jackson to claim what has always been his and start the life they are meant to live. Lots of sexy moments and the epilogues left me having sweet dreams.
Tara  Nelson
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this as an ARC and I enjoyed it. It was quick, steamy and sweet. Secretly in love with one another for years and meeting back up starts this story for Jackson and Avery. Their story is very paced because of them knowing each other in the past....it skips a lot of the parts other books might take. The sex was hot but not the hottest I've read by this author. Definitely recommend it.
Jenny
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
👍🏼👍🏼

I really enjoyed this book. I found one very minor word mistake. So minor I don’t even remember what it was lol. Overall I recommend this book to anyone looking for a fast paced cute story. A bit predictable as this style usually is but a very well written book.

#happilyeverafter
#Instalove
#Alphamale
#Shortread
#Saferead
#Secondchancelove
Kerry Boulanger
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in advance for a voluntary honest review. Short and sweet, or should I say Short and Hot! High school crushes are all grown up and meet by coincidence again six years later. Having saved themselves for each other it becomes a scorching bedroom scene for pent up lust. I liked the book. I read it during my 30 minute break at work.
Mary Murphy
Shelves: arc-list
Received as an ARC for an honest review.
Jackson and Avery were friends when they went to school together. Six years ago Jackson moved away with his family. When they meet up again, it's like they were never apart for those six years. Jackson saved himself for her, she saved herself for him. Loved these two together. Great quick read.
Codie  Riddell
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick, sweet and swoony romance that shows true love never dies, it can grow beyond distance and time. Avery and Jackson's story demonstrated this beautifully. This book brings quick gratification, it's the perfect read to curl up under a blanket on a chilly winters night to enjoy. It's well written, compassionate and sweet. I devoured it.
Sherilyn Amy
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet novella. If your into short, sweet, giving you the feels, then you will love this book. Jackson and Avery find Each other again and prove that sometimes your first love is your soulmate.