Start by marking “Husband Material (Left at the Altar, #3)” as Want to Read:
Husband Material (Left at the Altar, #3)

Husband Material

(Left at the Altar #3)

She left me the week before our wedding.

Said I wasn't "husband material."

Actually, I'd have to agree with my ex on that matter...because I'm just better off alone. But everything changed for me the day I met a mysterious beauty sketching on the beach.

Giselle...

We had one magical night together...and then she was gone--a French beach fairy who danced away with the dawn.

I se
Published August 19th 2018 by Raine Miller Romance

To ask other readers questions about Husband Material, please sign up.
Liany Book 1: Temporary Groom by J.S. Scott
Book 2: Almost a Wedding by Ruth Cardello…more
Book 1: Temporary Groom by J.S. Scott
Book 2: Almost a Wedding by Ruth Cardello(less)

Start your review of Husband Material (Left at the Altar, #3)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gage Danielson is a wealthy architect who grew up in Charleston, South Carolina. He spends his days working & surfing, and lives in a beach house on Folly Beach. After two years living together his fiancé leaves him with nothing but a note a week before the wedding saying he isn’t husband material. Even though he’s completely blindsided he comes to the realization he settled for someone that wasn’t right for him. He now wonders if he’s meant to be alone and si
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Gage's fiance called off the wedding by way of a hate-filled letter describing all of his faults. She accuses him of not being husband material and will be alone for the rest of his life. Gage thinks she might be right.

Out of all the women Gage has dated, he's not once felt a special spark for anyone. He resigned himself into thinking marriage is just about finding someone compatible. Only Gage and Cassidy were not so compatible. He actually feels relief when she calls the wedding off despite h
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4-4,5 stars

I loved it, it was a fast paced,hot sweet and fun story.Perfect for the summer!I devour it and I wish we have more.I adored Gage and Giselle.Their romance was perfect, I loved how they met.

description

Giselle is exactly what Gage needed!They have a great connection, they were cute and super hot together.Their story is refreshing and lighthearted.

If you are looking for a quick read that has it all this is perfect.

Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Sweet, light, and fun! If you’re in the mood for a quick and light-hearted read, this is a great choice!

The book opens with a brutal, but entertaining “Dear John” or “Dear Gage” letter in this case. Our hero, Gage has been dumped in dramatic fashion by his former fiancé, Cassidy. We learn quite a bit about his personality and thoughts on relationships through this letter. But a chance meeting with a beautiful stranger changes not only our perception, but Gage as well.

Here’s what I loved:
The writ
Julia
Wow, the hero was such a man! You know how I know this? Because the author mentioned how much casual sex hes had over the years and how much he loves women and how they love him. Im soooo glad I know all of this useless information so I know how much a real MAN the hero is!

Said no one ever.

Also, the guy on the cover of this book has an extremely punchable face.
Gi's Spot Reviews

4.5 ‘French Beach Fairy’ Stars

Oh là là!!! What a perfect little summer read! Sweet, super sexy, fun but a whole lot of emotion, Husband Material packs quite a punch for a novella and holds a grip on us from start to finish.

Gage has just been left on the altar with a very ‘explicit’ letter by his ex bride, that has he completely losing hope of ever finding someone to share his future with…

“She’s definitely right about one thing,” I said suddenly. “I’m not
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Husband Material by Raine Miller was the third book in the Left at the Altar series. The series are a set of stand-alone novellas by six New York Times Best Selling Authors. It was my first book by Miller.

Gage Danielson was an architect and co-owned a Gin Distillery. He had just been dumped by his fiancé when she wrote him a scathing letter about all his faults and her reasons for dumping his uncaring ass. Unfortunately, he agreed, everything she said about him was true.

Giselle Fleury was newly
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Our first kiss changed something inside me. I couldn’t explain it, but I certainly felt whatever it was, wrapping around me, growing and building as our lips moved together. "

I can only imagine how hard it is to write a short story and to give everything to a reader.

Raine has written a fantastic sexy book. I really enjoyed reading this amazing fast-paced story with gorgeous main characters - I just loved the amazing chemistry - and unexpected surprises.

description
Erin Lewis
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5.0 Star Review Husband Material (Left At The Altar 3#)
Raine Miller’s writing style is effortless and she had me riveted to this book from start to finish. Although a novella Ms. Miller still manages to give us a complete story with depth and characters that you can relate to. Husband Material was well written and flowed well.
This was a fun, quick read. Neither Gage or GIselle are looking for love and yet through fate they meet and connect on many levels.
I really liked Gage and Giselle and woul
Luna Sol
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Husband Material was just the perfect summer read novella which includes the settings and characteristics I love in my romance novels. Add to that the Easter eggs found here that Raine Miller loves to add to her books and I was in reading bliss with a new book by my favorite author. Gage and Giselle were the perfect hero and heroine and I just really want more and more of them. Love their chemistry, the bohemian in Giselle, and the romance that makes my heart happy. Oh oui!
Wendy LeGrand
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I've seen several people say that this is the perfect summer read, and I agree with them 100%. Raine brings us the engaging, sexy story of Gage Danielson, whose fiancé dumps him via a not so nice letter she leaves behind for him. Is he upset about it? Yeah... Is he devastated over it? Nah... Truth be told, it sounds to me like he dodged a HUGE bullet when she runs off with one of his supposed friends.

When Gage sees Giselle sitting on the beach one day, drawing, he feels a strong conne
Selma
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Husband Material is a standalone novella by Raine Miller and part of a series of books called Left at the Altar. Other participating authors are J. S. Scott, Ruth Cardello, Sawyer Bennett, Minx Malone and Melody Anne. I love the concept of such collaborations with one main theme which is executed by every author in their own way.

Since I'm a huge fan of Raine's work and consider her one of the most talented authors I ever came across I couldn't wait to get my hands on this novella. It's a sweet,
Lg
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When your ex fiancé sends a “dear john” letter and tells you that you are not the marrying kind and your destiny is forever loneliness what do you do?

Gage is the laid back successful surfer whose heart has been trampled. He turns to some self reflection and realizes that love is not for him. However, chance meeting with beautiful French artist Giselle on the beach turns his world upside down. Is it possible for the broody man-boy to really find happiness? Can Giselle’s free spiritedness unlatch
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author***

3.5 Stars

This is, surprisingly, my first title by Raine Miller, and I enjoyed it. It's a shorter story, so it is instalove, which works when it is shorter as there just isn't the time to fully develop the backstory and the events leading up to the relationship.

Gage was jilted...recently and seemingly over his socks never ending up in the hamper. However, the reader and Gage himself understand this was merely the final straw, the last thing his ex mentioned before
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Gage is still reeling after breaking off with his fiancée just before the wedding. It was not surprising, since they were not getting along for a long time. What was really irritating was the hate letter she left him telling she had been sleeping with one of his best friends and telling him some horrible things about how cold and unfeeling he was. Let's face it. He was never head over heels in love with her. He was marrying her because he did not want to be alone. It was just the next step that ...more
Babel
It is with a warm heart that I read every word in this pretty, pretty romance.

Gage is a jaded man, unfit for love until he serendipitously meets a French fairy of a girl at the beach.

Their connection is full of sweet awe, banter and sensuality that catch them unaware. Despite the odds, they fall under the spell and it is so beautiful.

Never have I read a better picnic scene. The strawberries! Every intimate scene is laced with delicious detail. It is a little jewel of poetic feelings. Can two peo
Assor Ilana
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's not a secret that Raine's Miller books always will be my top priority in the long list of want to read.
Husband Material is perfect short summer story. It's a story about a hot architect and surfer Gage who gets ditched by his fiancé because he is in her eyes, no husband material. She dithched him by cruel letter, and ran off with a man who until that moment was considered his friend.
Even though she had abandoned him just before the wedding ceremony, he had discovered that, among all his d
Rejane
Sep 16, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Read Julia and one of the 2 stars review. Going from my MAYBE shelf to NOT INTERESTED.
Jackie Wright
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Husband Material is book 3 in the Left at the Altar Series but it certainly can be read as a stand-alone I know this because as of now I haven’t read the previous 2 books but that’s about to change because I love the concept of this story. This is a beautifully written love story about two people not looking or wanting to find love it’s full of passion and it’s so positive no angst in this short adorable read.
Gage is spending some time at the beach surfing he needs to get his head together after
Adriana Meister
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
L'amour a lu d'abord. The lovely Raine Miller has done it again; it really was love at first read. I recieved an ARC of Husband Material and devoured the entire book in one sitting. Husband Material is the 3rd novella in the left at the altar series. Raine's wonderful story telling brought Gage's and Giselle's story to life. Gage has been jilted by Cordelia, a week before his wedding, with an angry Dear John letter detailing all his faults and letting him know she has left him for his friend. We ...more
Sejla
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Husband Material is a sweet, short summer read from Raine Miller that she wrote for the LEFT AT THE ALTAR series, which is a collaboration of six New York Times Bestselling Authors. It's a story about a hot architect and surfer Gage who gets ditched by his fiancé because he is apparently no husband material. Relieved to be alone again, he will soon discover, that being ditched by her was the best thing that could have ever happend to him. Everything changes from the moment he meets Giselle, a st ...more
Renita McKinney
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me first say how much I love this author and anything she pens. Her words have melodic flow and she always sets off the music with her prose.

Two strangers, once chance meeting and a lifetime of happiness. Who better to tell me this story the incomparable, Raine Miller?

Love encompasses so much more than just words. It is a feeling, an action and having the right person that can bring the best out in you. You oft times find it when you are not looking. That was a lesson Gage had not learned, u
Khrista Baxter
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A summer fling

Husband Material is a funny, sexy little read. Gage Donaldson finds himself single a week before his wedding. Cassidy didn't even have the decency to break up with him in person, she left a hate letter! The two year relationship was mainly a convenience a way of not being alone, at least it was to Gage.
Gisele was born and raised in France, visiting Charleston trying to escape a troubled past. She is an artist and wanted to be by the ocean.
Gage and Gisele meet at the beach, Gage
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Gage was left a week before a wedding in front of 400 people, yep he was the one who had to cancel everything and lose all the deposit money. It's ok, as his ex said he is not husband material and she was right. Out surfing he meets Giselle his little French beach fairy. Giselle makes Gage feel alive and wanting to keep her around him 24/7. Gage quickly becomes husband material.
Cute fast read that has set the world for many books to come.

Reviewed by: Alex L.
Monica
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
4,5 *

I’m in love with these two!
More to review later;)

So later, a week later is now:

Figuring out he is not husband material by is traitor fiancée, is not the best way to settle and to give up on love.

No rush is needed but he meets the girl and everything sparkles between them.

Both have baggage and not willing to tell it right away but they seem so right, easy relationship from the start, not what they were really prepared for.

Not searching for love, but love found them.

I particularly play th
Heather Pollock
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
QueenZany 5 Star Review
HUSBAND MATERIAL
Raine Miller

HUSBAND MATERIAL is dream-worthy, melt your hearts perfect! Hitting everything mark of a supreme read! Trust me when I say it’s 100 times better than a traditional novella! There is clearly nothing Raine Miller can do wrong!
Now you can fall madly in love with Gage and Giselle too!!
Lesley Koke DeWig
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute read

Gage and Giselle were such a fun couple. I adored how this story was set in a beach community. Thank you for the little surprises you snuck in.
Michell Hall casper
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun quick read. It was fast paced, sexy, with lots of fun banter between Gage and Giselle. Which gave it a light feel. Even though there were some heavy moments. Who says you can't fall in love at first site.

This was a great summer beach read!!
Rebecca
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who knew a broken engagement and a subsequent break-up would come down to dirty socks?!?!

But, of course, it’s not just the inability of Gage Danielson to put his dirty clothes in the hamper…it’s more of not being with the right person…not finding that one person who would love him regardless of his habits or miscommunication and that he could love back in the way that matters most.

The way that Gage’s ex dumps him is representative of the selfish woman she appears to be, and even though her fina
Kelly Brock
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gage and Giselle

This was beautifully fantastic! I completely fell in love with both Gage and Giselle. Gage is a strong American architect. He’s just been jilted mere hours before walking down the aisle. He knows the reason his Ex left our valid reasons. I think some people don’t open up and let someone fully in their hearts unless they are the one and Gage was no exception. He wasn’t against love and commitment. He just didn’t believe because he never felt anything close to that’s.

Until Giselle
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Temptation (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • The Passion Project (The Escort Book 4)
  • Naked Love: TEN Book Boxed Set
  • No Pants Required (Men Of Laguna, #1)
  • Ruined by the SEAL (ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights #2; Miralinda Island #1; Hot Caribbean Nights, #1)
  • Bad King
  • Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1)
  • Billionaire Unchallenged: Carter (The Billionaire's Obsession, #13)
  • Billionaire Undercover ~ Hudson (The Billionaire's Obsession #15)
  • Resist Me (Men of Inked, #3)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Dirty Rich One Night Stand (Dirty Rich, #1)
  • Billionaire Unattainable ~ Mason (The Billionaire's Obsession, #14)
  • A Christmas Dream
  • Crushed: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #1)
  • A Valentine's Dream
  • Prince Bryan (Taken by a Trillionaire #4)
  • Forever Now (The Barrington Billionaires, #6)
Raine Miller has been reading romance novels since she picked up that first Barbara Cartland book at the tender age of thirteen. And it's a safe bet she'll never stop, because now she writes them too! Granted Raine's stories are edgy enough to turn Ms. Cartland in her grave, but to her way of thinking, a hot, sexy hero never goes out of fashion. A former teacher, she's now writing sexy romance sto ...more

Left at the Altar (6 books)
  • Temporary Groom (Left at the Altar, #1)
  • Almost a Wedding (Left at the Altar #2)
  • Wicked Wedding (Left at the Altar, #4)
  • Bad Blood (Left at the Altar #5)
  • Second Chances (Left at the Altar Book 6)