Start by marking “Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)

Coming Home

(Texas Sisters #2)

College professor Mallory Fredrick loves her job in a city that feels like home, but after a student attacks her on social media, she loses her peace of mind and confidence. When her college offers a sabbatical, she jumps at the chance to escape to her hometown in Texas.

Entrepreneur Alec O'Donnell specializes in helping people in crisis. He’s built his company and career
Published July 26th 2018 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Becca
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
The two little words of "get her" kept ringing in her ears, lassoing around her and constricting her movement through routine days. She had never been one to look over her shoulder in fear. But, now, doing so was the only way to know if he'd be following her with malicious intent.

NOTE: I received a complimentary ARC of this book from Tule Publishing through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

I had high hopes for Coming Home but unfortunately it fell a little f
Sascha
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, Coming Home is not an appealing novel. The character of Mallory is self-absorbed with drama queen tendencies and not much of a backbone.

The writing is meandering with many words used incorrectly.

The blurb is misleading as it never clearly states that Alec is a mover and claims that he helps people in crisis, which is really overstating the job of a mover. Of course, this is reiterated in the novel with the statement that people who are moving are fragile. There is a lot of fragili
Rosie Amber
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance

Coming Home is a clean easy read romance. A stand-alone novel, this is also book two of the Texas Sisters series.

The book opens with Mallory Fredrick facing a difficult decision about her teaching career, involving a student who previously threatened Mallory on social media, after failing one of Mallory’s classes. Sickened by the threats and fearing for her safety, Mallory takes a six month break and moves state to lodge with her sister. See here for full review https://wp.me/p2Eu3u-bBi
Bec

Review Posted at HarlequinJunkie.com

When a student strikes out at her on social media, College Professor Mallory Fredrick loses her confidence in teaching and isn’t ready to go back. So, agreeing to take a sabbatical, she heads home to Texas to spend time with her family. Luckily, Entrepreneur Alec O’Donnell is able to help her make the move. Yet, the more time Mallory spends with Alec, the more she finds herself doing the one thing she knows she shouldn’t – falling in love. Will Alec be able to
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Coming Home takes us on Mallory's healing journey after a student's online behavior leaves her shaken and afraid.  This is women's fiction. Not romance.  This book is Mallory's story. The relationship is secondary to her journey. So if you pick this up make sure you're in the right mood.

I rarely read books I could share with my mother, but this was one of them. Perfect timing too, I've drawn out my last parent appropriate book about as long as I can.

Several months ago, I reviewed Ms. Wick's debu
Char (1RadReader59)
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book started off strong with our professor Mallory Fredrick living in fear. After threats being launched by a NOW former freshman student. He used his multimedia account to say he would “get her!” All over a low grade.
Action was taken resulting in his being kicked out for a year and being slapped with a misdemeanor charge. She however was being forced to take a sabbatical either without pay and not returning for spring or with pay and insurance for a month and not return in the spring. Som
Emma
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

Coming Home by Audrey Wick
Texas Sisters, Book 2
Entrepreneur Alec O’Donnell specializes in helping people in crisis. He’s built his company and career on packing up lives as people start over. It’s just business until he meets Mal
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Mallory read an angry rant on a student’s social media. As a professor she should be used to students not liking grades, and having negative opinions about her… but this one felt off. Considering the world today she took the perceived threat seriously and when given the chance she left town for her own safety until the situation could be resolved. Alec is a specialist in getting people out of town and relocated quickly, efficiently with no trace left behind. Yet this
Eileen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tule, netgalley
I really enjoyed reading Coming Home by Audrey Wick, book two in The Texas Sisters series. This sweet and wonderful story is about two people who meet by chance. Mallory is stressed and at her wits end after being threatened by one of her college students. She decides to take an unpaid sabbatical while she regains her self-confidence, leaving her home in Santa Fe and spending it with her sister in Texas. After contacting a moving company to assist her she is befriended my one of the owners, Alex ...more
Eva
in coming home, mallory fredrick finds herself on a forced sabbatical after a student makes threats against her online. her confidence shaken and her sense of security seriously disturbed, mallory decides to move back to seguin and live with her sister, paige for the semester.

prepping for the move is a logistical nightmare as it has to come together quickly and before the holidays. when mallory calls the four guys moving company, the last thing she expects is for one of the guys to become her gu
Shelagh
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Coming Home is a lovely sweet story set partly in Santa Fe and partly in the small Texan town of Seguin. It’s the second book in Audrey Wick’s Texas Sisters series, but it stands alone well. This book is gently written and has a relaxed feel about it though the heroes of the story are far from relaxed.
Mallory has been doing her dream job as an English professor at Santa Fe College until an incident with a student throws her life into a spin resulting in her taking a sebatical through the Spring
Miranda Knight
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Mallory Fredrick has her dream job--too bad that her self-esteem is tarnished from a student threatening her on social media. She questions everything from her own safety to her teaching abilities. Due to the threat, Mallory is forced to take emergency sabbatical without pay. She has to leave Santa Fe and move in with her younger sister and nephew during her sabbatical. Mallory needs help moving her stuff from Santa Fe to her sister's place in Texas.

Four guys moving is a company that Alec O'Don
Lynn
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A copy of this book was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

In this day and age Coming Home brings to the reader a though of how one acts on social media and how those actions really affect someone else's life. The ramifications of one college student's social media posts are seen through the lens of college professor Mallory Fredericks and how the fear of the actions of one of her students changed her life to the point of moving away from the source of the fear for at least a
Janine
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
College professor, Mallory Fredrick and Alec O’Donnell meet when Mallory needs a moving company to help her move some of her things from Santa Fe, New Mexico, to her sister’s house in Seguin, Texas. Mallory, a college professor took a sabbatical after a student attacked her on social media. She was fearful of what he might try next. Along the drive to Texas, Mallory and Alec become good friends and they start having feelings for each other. Mallory doesn’t really want a relationship, but Alec re ...more
Paula
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this dramatic, emotional tale of older sister, Mallory in Coming Home by Audrey Wick. At first, I thought veiled threats on social media was no big deal with Mallory making too much out of it. Then I thought of all the school shootings that when police researched, there had been threats of violence on sites. So the event leading into this story is straight out of today’s current events.

The characters, Mallory and Alec are just plain cute together. Seeing how they are both adults, who
RoloPoloBookBlog
Coming Home by Audrey Wick
Source: NetGalley
My Rating: 3/5 stars

**MINI-REVIEW**

The Bottom Line: When I was going through my NetGalley list, I had forgotten I read this book. That’s not a glowing, highly recommend it kind of statement, is it? Once I read the synopsis, the book came back quickly, and I did like it, but I didn’t find it at all special or something to highly recommend to readers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this book, other than it isn’t very different from some hundreds o
Sherri Babb
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
his is the first book I have read by Audrey Wick. This is the second book in the Texa’s Sisters series. I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I found it to be a very sweet romantic story. It also brought out how one person act on social media can really affect someone else. In today’s society we see this happening more and more. Alec and Mallory were great together. They meant because Mallory needed a moving company. I thought they had instant chemistry. When they meet Mallory is not in a grea ...more
Nicola Short
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGallery in exchange for a honest review, opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
"Coming Home" by Audrey Wick was a delightful, light read. It is the second book in the Texas Sisters series but I am happy to say, it is a stand-alone novel. The book kept my interest, having the social media aspect brought it right into today's world of what can happen through social media.
This is my first book to read by Audrey Wick and I enjoyed her writing style. Th
Sandi Ramirez
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Texas Sister series by author Audrey Wick. Mallory Fredrick is a college professor in New Mexico who is being stalked by one of her students because she gave him bad grades. Oh my I can not imagine how bad that would be. When she is forced to take a sabbatical because of said student. Where does she go? Why to stay with her sister, who we met in Finding True North, in Texas. But she has to get there so she rents a moving company where she meets Alec.

Alec O’Donnell
Shari
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Mallory loves her job as an English College Professor until one of her students attacks her on social media, she decides to take a sabbatical. She decides to return home to Texas to stay with her sister. She hires a local moving company to help her move. Alec, part owner in the moving company helps Mallory move. But he soon decides this is more than a move, he wants more of Mallory. Now only to talk Mallory in coming back home.

An emotional journey of finding he
Paula Pugh
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Coming Home has a great premise: a professor threatened by social media, fearful for her life retreats to her sister’s home to try and regain her confidence and security. She meets and engages with the furniture mover and forma a possible long distance relationship.
For me, the book never really took off. There seemed to be too much omitted and too much undeveloped deepness of the main character’s fear. Because the actual threat is not fully explained, I could not fully grasp the nature of her fe
Rhonda
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written engrossing romance.

I enjoyed reading Comimg Home the second book in Audrey Wick's Texas Sisters series. It seemed only fitting that the brief biography at the end of the book reflected that Audrey Wick is an English professor. Her use of language and character development was flawless. As were the descriptions of the life and challenges of the academic world. The romance between Mallory and Alec was subtle, growing slowly. I enjoyed the sisterly interactions of Mallory and Paige and
Bette Hansen
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
While the overall premise of this book is cute, I didn't think the story came together as much as it could have. I thought the writing was scattered and I just couldn't warm to these characters. Mallory came across as weak and timid although I don't think that's how the author meant it to be. Alec is like no mover I've ever met. He gets really close to his customers especially Mallory. In the short time they spend together they develop feelings for each other. Then something minor happens and Ma ...more
Rachel Kennedy
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mallory meets Alec when she needs to hire someone to help her move house and leave town for a while, and she never tells him why. Their is a connection between them the first time they speak on the phone, but she is leaving town and who knows when she will be back.

An enjoyable short read with some surprises along the way. This is the second book in the series, but I don't think it matters if you haven't read the first, which is the story of her sister Paige.

I received an ARC of this book in exc
Bonnie Gonzales
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me awhile to get into this one, I think it was when Alec showed up things got interesting and Mallory’s cat seemed to warm up to him faster than she did.
Mallory is trying to work through an attack on social media, that has her doubting herself,and even fearful and so she’s really not in a good place to start a relationship, plus she is moving away,but with Alec having a moving business she is in good hands.
Loved the plot and how it wraps up, give it a try, bet you will enjoy it to.
Becky Burciaga
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Come Home (Texas Sisters #2) by Audrey Wick

As heartwarming as it is heartbreaking, this is one story that is sure to touch a piece of your heart. With authentic and realistic characters, whose personalities resonate clearly throughout the story, you’ll find yourself instantly immersed and captivated with Mallory and Alec and their slow journey to a HEA.

This ARC book was complimentary, provided by the Publisher and NetGalley. I am voluntarily providing my honest review.
poppy
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one. Mallory is Paige's sister and she goes to stay with her having been forced to take a sabbatical after being threatened and stalked by a student who she gave a bad grade too. She hires a moving company to take her stuff to Texas and that when she and Alec the part owner of the company they have an immediate connection but will she ever be able to come home and if not where will that leave them.
BookSnuggle
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Coming Home is book two in the Texas Sisters series by Audrey Wick. This is Mallory Fredrick, college professor, and Alec O'Donnell's story.

I have mixed feelings about this book. There were parts that I really liked but overall it was just okay. I just didn't feel a connection to the characters. I liked Alec’s character more than I did Mallory’s.

I reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Donnajo
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion.

Coming Home, book two in the Texas Sisters series a heart-warming story. Likable characters, perfect character development that kept me reading this story. I look forward to reading the next book in this series to see what it brings to us.
emily louise
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
it didn’t take me long to read this book but it’s no surprise because i loved it! i’m such a sucker for these types of novels: full of fluff and just all around cute moments. i was drawn to this after a recommendation on the kindle store and i’m so glad i spotted it. this is such an adorable, romantic gem written by wick.
Nook books: August 30, 2019 1 5 Aug 30, 2019 07:39PM

Texas Sisters (2 books)
  • Finding True North (Texas Sisters, #1)