Start by marking “The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)

The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  797 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Anakin Solo is now eleven - and headed for the Jedi Academy! The Force is very strong with him - he can feel it. And his uncle Luke thinks it is time for him to start his training...

On his first day at the Jedi Academy, Anakin makes a new friend named Tahiri. The Force is with her too. Soon they find out that together they can accomplish feats that suprise even their teach

Published June 15th 1998 by Berkley (first published October 1995)

Dana
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked these books, but I got bored part way through. And when a book is this small, it's kind of a big deal! I also read these as a kid and recent returned to them, but I only ready two of this series. I will most likely return to them to finish the series.
Timothy
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I first ready this book 20 years ago. Reading it again today, I was filled with the same sense of wonder that I had when I was a kid. It's not super complex or a great work of literature by any means, but it's a nice little story that I really enjoyed.
Chris Evans
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED these books when I was young. To this day, Ikrit is one of my top 5 favorite Jedi Masters.
Matt Allard
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Brought back memories. Not a good book, but not bad, and I loved it when I was younger.

Anakin Solo, the son of Han and Leia and the youngest of three, heads to Yavin 4 where his Uncle Luke is the headmaster of a Jedi School. He befriends Tahiri, and they soon become friends and go off on an adventure together.
Joshua Vanloan
Apr 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5* Disappointing even for it's age group. The story has no real conclusion.
Jaime Krause
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Here's the thing: This is a 3.5 star book. I love the premise and the overall story. I especially love the fact that Anakin Solo was set up with a friend his age. I don't blame Leia at all of wishing Anakin had a twin so he wouldn't be alone.

But Richardson just does not show full understanding of the Star Wars 'verse. From the beginning, she has Luke saying "young children and aliens."
Um. Aliens can't be young children?
Also, I'd have expected Anakin to understand R2 at least a little bit, as wel
Jess Neuner
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved this series as a kid. It follows Anakin Solo, Han and Leia's youngest, when he's 11, first starting to learn to be a Jedi at his uncle Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy. I'd rather liked Anakin, who was quiet and preferred thinking over socialising. He meets his best friend, Tahiri, who talks his ear off, telling him her entire life story, including about her pet bantha (she's from Tatooine, raised by Sand People), before informing him that they're now best friends.

They're immediately prese
Darryl Dobbs
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This a great book earmarked for ages 7-9. My seven-year-old just finished the Potter series so I'm thinking she's past this, but my five-year-old isn't ready for this. Just a light, quick read with all the usual goofy quirks of a kids book (i.e. silly coincidences, luckily-timed events, and farfetched permissions for the child characters). I won't punish any books this series with a low rating because let's face it - I'm 42, and not seven. Frankly, I think a seven year old would love these books ...more
Emma and John
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was one of my first forays into the Expanded Universe of Star Wars. At the tender age of 9, I didn't have nearly enough Star Wars in my life. So I figured, hey, I like books, I like Star Wars, let's do this. Following the journey of these young Jedi students was life changing, especially at such a young age. As the years went on, we followed the students into adulthood, into war, chaos, love, betrayal, and even death. But I never forgot my first encounter with these characters: This book. T ...more
Kathy
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I always loved the character of Anakin Solo and knowing that a nasty author killed him off later in the Star Wars books upset me awfully. He was a truly remarkable character who should have lived on to become a great Jedi. His death destroyed the Star Wars books for me and I haven't continued with them, no wonder, since the authors have really ruined this family from what I have picked up since. They have turned Jacen evil and all sorts of horrible story lines which just shows how awful the nove ...more
Mark Kaye
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Star Wars fan, up for a light read.
Shelves: star-wars
This was a cool book. Intrudced a new character Ikrit, a cute bunny. To say Anakin and Tahiri are 11, they use mighty big words and construct adult sentances, but hey that was my ony grip, Great book, would recomend to any SW fan. Good light read.
Tina
Feb 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
I read this a really long time ago. A LONG time ago. Really. And for some reason I formed an association between this book and "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. I can't imagine why, but now I think of the book every time I hear the song and vice versa.
Britty Kitty
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2014challenge
I loved these books as a kid, so I've started to re-read them for kicks. I still like them even as an adult. I had to grin when I got to the portion about the Woolamander Temple, as after playing Star Wars Galaxies many years ago, I could now clearly see them in my mind's eye.
Tara
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is the book series that got me reading as a 9 year old kid! It's a really fun and exciting one for that age. I go back and read it again from time to time and enjoy fun memories from when I was younger and so excited to see what might happen next!
M
Apr 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
The story is okay, but poorly written. The repetition of exposition in combination with a simplistic plot leaves me underwhelmed. I know it's for relatively young children, but I'm pretty sure most of the other Star Wars books targeted at this age are better.
Megan Trimble
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to say about this book, besides the fact that it's short and cute. It is a book. It's a book set in the Star Wars universe, featuring Leia and Han's youngest son Anakin and his new bff Tahiri. Who are the greatest team, high five.

Four stars.
Hailey
Sep 21, 2007 rated it it was ok
I loved little Tahiri and Anakin, but the story was predictable and the writing less than average.
Philip Burt
Dec 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
What a captivating read...I'll be reading more from this series...
Kitty
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wealhtheow
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
Perfect for kids who love Star Wars. Little Anakin Solo has started his Jedi training, but he's scared that he'll fall to the Dark Side, as his name-sake did.
David Dawson
Apr 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Yes, I know it's for nine year olds, but really that's no excuse for such a poor effort. Garbage.
Cup of Tea
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this series when I was younger! I remember being so excited when they had Star Wars reading for YA.
Daniel Gaul
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An interesting glimpse into the younger view of Star Wars
Mariel
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Read this as a kid. I really enjoyed it. I remember wishing we had copies of the other books in this series but we only had the first two.
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
when anakin solo tries to help a friend he found at the jedi academy. it only leads to trouble.
Todd
Mar 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is about Leia and Han's youngest child, Anakin Solo, while he is at Jedi Academy.
Anakin meets a girl and they become good friends.
This book is about their adventures on Yaven 4.
Kathryn Fahm
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2013
Jeremy Albrecht
rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012
Elizabeth
Apr 02, 2012
Robert Gustafson
Jan 18, 2013
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • The Lost City of the Jedi (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #2)
  • Return to Ord Mantell (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #12)
  • Renegade (Star Wars: Rebel Force #3)
  • The False Peace (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #9)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)
I'm a published author with children's, teen and adult titles including: The Golden Globe, Lyric's World and Promises (Junior Jedi Knights Trilogy) for LucasFilm (Berkeley Press), Feel No Fear, The Power, Passion and Politics of a Life in Gymnastics (Hyperion), Monica: From Fear to Victory (HarperCollins), A Journey: The Autobiography of Apolo Anton Ohno (Simon & Schuster), Nadia Comaneci: Let ...more
More about Nancy Richardson Fischer

Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights (6 books)
  • Lyric's World (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #2)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99