Start by marking “One Smart Skunk” as Want to Read:
One Smart Skunk

One Smart Skunk

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Rebecca the skunk lives under a suburban family's deck, eluding the traps set to ensnare her. But the smell of moth balls and the noise of rap music finally convince her that the suburbs are no place to raise her family. This book is aimed at children aged 4-8.
Published August 26th 2004 by Blue Apple Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about One Smart Skunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Smart Skunk

Dov Zeller
This book has some fun skunk info and it's told from the skunk's perspective, which has it's charming moments. I found myself changing some of the language as I read it to my 6 year old neighbor because I thought it was unnecessary and borderline inappropriate. A friend read it to her and changed the same things, so I know I am not alone. (Stuff related to music and gender.) The book has a lot of potential for cuteness but, well, in the end I wasn't into some of the messages it was sending (not ...more
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fun and interesting book about Skunks. I don't love the art work but the skunk artwork is done pretty well (which thanks to the authors note) was the inspiration for the story.

Very intersting!
Jul 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Nicely illustrated and interesting story told from the POV of the skunk. I'm wondering what city dwellers might think of the notion in the end that the city is a fine place to raise a family (of skunks)!
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
pb23: I liked this book it was just so sad..I can't stand how the man acts, and not sure that I would read this to my kids.
Dec 07, 2015
Kristie Oke
Jan 26, 2012
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Who would have thought skunks hate rap music? It's true. Very cute book. Very cute skunk.
Oct 11, 2008
is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2015
Oct 02, 2016
Jun 11, 2017
Harriet Ziefert grew up in North Bergen, New Jersey, where she attended the local schools. She graduated from Smith College, then received a Masters degree in Education from New York University.

For many years, Ziefert was an elementary school teacher. She taught most grades from kindergarten to fifth grade. "I liked it," she said, but she stopped teaching when she had her own sons. When her childr
More about Harriet Ziefert...