Start by marking “You'll Never Know” as Want to Read:
You'll Never Know

You'll Never Know

(The Health and Happiness Society #3)

Rachelle Martin is a hot mess.

When an injury prevents her from running her dream race, she realize she can’t run from her ghosts anymore. Rachelle must take the one step she
Published August 1st 2018 by THHS Publishing

To ask other readers questions about You'll Never Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You'll Never Know

Start your review of You'll Never Know
Kelsey Keating
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of the HHS books - they're fun, real, and hit you right in the feels. There are so few books out there in women's fiction that are about weight that are REALISTIC! I mean, seriously. The HHS books are life changers.
Rachelle is such a relatable character, and her story has been my favorite so far. Sometimes, just losing weight isn't enough to be happy - you have to *like* yourself, and Rachelle's journey is something I think every woman can relate to on some level.
Jump i
Billie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After losing 110 pounds, she expected to be happily flirting her way through countless dates, not lost as a college dropout. Now that she’s arrived at her ideal weight, why isn’t she happy? When an injury prevents her from running her dream race, she realize she can’t run from her ghosts anymore.

This story is so well written that the themes resonate and ring true. I have never been in Rachelle's situation, been overweight and lost a massive amount of weight. But I have had my life tu
Carla
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book took me by surprise, there are books that make you laugh, cry, dislike characters and brings you into their "family" but rarely do you get a book that makes you think. Love Rachelle, love who she is on the inside. It goes to say that when you work on the outside, you also need to work on the inside.

After losing a considerable amount of weight, Rachelle is still struggling until she is sidelined. She has to make some changes and learn to become her own person that she is now
Michelle
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was amazed by depth of understanding Katr J. Cross showed in her writing. I'm a big fan of her fantasy writings and now this story as well.

Rachelle is so strong and yet so fragile. The relationships she has with those around her are heartfelt and touching. I found her incredibly brave in facing her past and her now.

This certainly isn't typical chic lit as far as I'm concerned. It was so much more.

I loved You'll Never Know.
Amanda Faith
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie Cross is definitely an author you need to add to your shelf if you like Chick Lit. She is such a talented writer. Her characters are true-to-life. Readers can relate to the joys and heartaches of the story. Have a box of kleenex ready. Once I started reading, I could not put it down. This is one book that will rock you to your soul.
Evelyne Holingue
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Rachel has lost weight. Lots of weight. For months now she follows a healthy diet, exercises regularly, and stays away from her beloved frosting-covered cupcakes. Rachel should be proud of her achievement and be content. After all, she’s healthier and looks great. But she may have shed pound after pound Rachel is still seeing the chubby girl she used to be. Exercising has become an obsession. Now training for a marathon, she ignores her best friend’s advice when she suggests slowing down. No way
Tiffani
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these books that are part of The Health and Happiness Society series!! I could NOT stop reading this and read it during every spare moment I had. Waiting on water to boil? I was reading. Target run? Sat in the car for an extra 10 minutes and read.

You'll Never Know is the 3rd book in the series but works as a stand alone as well. There are characters from the other books, but its not completely necessary to read those before diving into this one (although I HIGHLY recommend it!
Kellie Garland
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emily Hill
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I look at a person who has lost a lot of weight, my mind automatically thinks they must be so happy with all that weight they lost. I never really realized or dawn on me that people that lose weight, still have an inner battle going on within themselves. This book written by Katie Cross really opened my eyes to see what a person is struggling with after they lose weight. Katie also has a way of opening the readers mind to think about the problems they’re having in their life. Gives ides abo ...more
Kelly
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This d the 3rd book in the Health and Happiness Society series. I suggest reading them in order, but it isn't necessary.
This is a story about Rachelle's journey to happiness. She decided to become the exact opposite person that she was in the past. Losing weight was her first step in her journey. She is now only ,o the away from her final goal of finishing a marathon! After she has completed the race, she will be happy and totally transformed for ever. While training for the race, she ends
Mary Cooper
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite authors has done it again! You'll Never Know is the third book in the Chick Lit Series. I couldn't wait to turn the page to see what happens next.
Katie Cross doesn't shy away from delving into serious matters. Real matters. Rachelle is one member of the Health & Happiness Society. She lost over 100 pounds after a devastating evening with the man of her dreams. She's on track to run her first marathon but then her plans are derailed. She is forced to dig deep into her life
Loni
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Katie Cross has done it again! This book was amazing and I think everyone and anyone should read it! In a world where there are so many should’s being pointed at each and everyone of us (we should be this or do this or act like this etc.) This book will help you realize that they all don’t matter! You are amazing just the way you are, each and every person. Something I think everyone needs to realize and actually believe! We are all our own worst critics and quick to point out what’s wrong ...more
Laura Mae
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Face your fears

And start living. That's Rachelle's story. And, it's a darn good one.
Within every person who's lost weight is the get person they were before. Sometimes it's quiet and other times it shakes the cage and shouts loudly.
Explore why you were that way and it's so much easier to handle. That's what Rachelle is on the path to doing. Though this story was difficult at times to read - whole lotta internal squirming going on- you resonante with her. She's a wonderfully written charact
Becca Hicks
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think most everyone can identify with Rachelle’s story in some form or another. She is real, faults and all, and she makes you just fall in love with her. This author has a way of writing that is therapeutic in a subconscious way. While reading I was making mental notes (and real notes) with ways that I could improve my life, love myself and to allow myself a little more grace. I am still thinking about this book and how I want to teach my daughters about self love, making mistakes and overcom ...more
Joanna Bennett
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie has a way with words that seriously just keeps me riveted. Her writing is fun and real, it makes it easy to stay engaged in the book. But it also makes it easy to apply the the book to yourself. I've never had to lose 110 pounds like Rachelle in the book, but I have had my own vices when it comes to food/exercise. I love that the theme of the book isn't that you have to do and be perfect, but rather that you need to love yourself and others.

And if that review doesn't make you want to read
Marti
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Most of the time when I read, it's complete escapism and I don't remember many details as soon as I finish. That's not the case with this book; it will stay with me for a long time.

It is very well written; it rang true with believable characters that I cared about. But most of all, this book made me THINK. Quite by surprise, I'd pause occasionally to consider how the struggles Rachelle was dealing with related to me and my life.

I loved this book. I didn't want it to end. I know I'll re-read it
Chelsea
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow… Rachelle’s story is gritty, intense, and filled with tons of issues that we didn’t know she had from the previous two books. Her story is less about weight loss (like the first book) or finding herself (like the second book) and more about forgiving herself. The ending offers an HEA of sorts, along with a heavy dose of reality and how to accept that reality as an HEA. This is a relatable story that really delves deep into the human spirit.
Nati
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachelle has lost 110 pounds and her next goal is to run a marathon. But when an injury in her ankle prevents her from running it, she is lost. But The Happy and Health Society will help her realise that she is not happy, even after losing so much weight. She has to face the demons from her past in order to face her future. A very emotional and inspirational story about love, friendship, forgiviness and what really matters in love and who really we are.
Denise
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished You'll Never Know. I loved the flow from the first two books to Rachelle's story. I loved that during her journey to finding her self-acceptance she came to realize her potential and talents, while working on eliminating the negative thoughts about herself and examining the source. Also, kudos to how you addressed not only Rachelle's struggle, but that of her mother, and how her reclusion affected their relationships with themselves and others.

Thank you Katie Cross!
Samantha Rand
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that this book really makes you look deeper into yourself. Even if you don't struggle with weight loss you can still connect with this book. We all have those inner demons we struggle with. Weeks after finishing this book I'm still trying to define myself without "roles". It's very rare that I have a book that instead of using it as an escape it teaches me something. I love Katie and all her book!
Kristen Campbell
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Health and Happiness Society books are not mindless twaddle, they have all helped me look at myself and discover new pieces of me to love, but to date this one made me think the most.

I enjoyed getting to know Rachelle as she discovered her self-worth. It is easy to be drawn into the story and I love the characters . There were times I laughed and times I cried, and even a couple times I wanted to hit something in frustration. I highly recommend reading You'll Never Know!
Kelsey Langenfeld
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the Health and Happiness series! You'll Never Know is no different. This is a story about Rachelle, who has lost 110 lbs and is still fighting with the real life ramifications of her old life and the struggles to be healthy, mind body, and soul. You'll Never Know, delves much deeper into the the mental health realm than the previous 2 books in the series. Rachelle's issues are realistic and unbelievably real life. Great addition to a wonderful series!
Nati
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lianne Takach
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Rachelle... we could SOOOOO sit down and have a BIG cup of coffee and a cupcake, of course! I am just out of a boot myself & may have to put up the running shoes permanently. I get it! I am so disappointed- I was training for the Virginia 10 Miler, but that's not going to happen this year (insert big sigh here). Like you I'm sorta lost and a bit pissed. But, you've taught me it is ok to let it go. You have given me too many feels girl!
Shayla Ladd
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fantastic read! Very delightful, yet thought provoking as well. There are several amazing life lessons or “take aways” from this book. It is so relatable on many levels. This is the 3rd book in The Health and Happiness Society series, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed all 3! I can’t wait for books 4 and 5 to come out!
Kim Ehman
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love Chick Lit then you will definitely love this book as well as any other Katie Cross book. Her writing is truly inspiring and finds ways to connect with you on an emotional level you never thought possible. I could not put it down and it helped me to become aware about things in my own life that I was ignoring. Honestly you will need some tissues for this one. Love, love love!
Jeana
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Katie has done it again. I yet again have been able to put myself as a the main character in her books.

I have struggled with the thoughts that Rachelle had in the book...if I lose 20 lbs I will be happy.....If I get into a size 5 I will be happy.

That is not what I should be thinking. I need to stop. Thanks Katie for sharing the struggles that most of us can relate to.
Sheryl
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was such a rewarding experience reading Rachelle's personal progression throughout the book. Watching Rachelle conquering similar demons to mine helped me understand that it might be possible for me to do the same. It was a very sweet and uplifting book. Thanks Katie! *Throws glitter then eats a cupcake*
Darcee Henstock
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So absolutely amazing and wonderful. It has all the feels and was the perfect 3rd book to this wonderful series. I can relate to so many things in this book. Katie is absolutely amazing. I can't wait for the next one!
Deb S
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this. I think it shows all the components of what it takes to have a complete and happy life. And it's not all the material things that so many people think. It also shows that everything people do affects their lives and makes up their inner being. I just really liked it. Made me think.
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my precious kids, my Vizsla’s who act like children, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Espe

The Health and Happiness Society (5 books)
  • Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)
  • I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)
  • Hear Me Roar (Health and Happiness Society #4)
  • What Was Lost (Health and Happiness Society #5)