Start by marking “Resistance (Dark Road #3)” as Want to Read:
Resistance (Dark Road #3)

Resistance

(Dark Road #3)

A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series

How far would you go for family?

As Ben, Joel, Allie, and their dog Gunner continue their trek across the EMP ravaged country, constant challenges face them at every turn.

The struggle to get through the post-apocalyptic wasteland in an effort to find Allie’s dad in Pittsburgh and reunite with Joel’s brother and sister in Maryland tests
Published July 4th 2018 by Wordstream Books

Start your review of Resistance (Dark Road #3)
Lynn Hallbrooks
This is the third book in a post-apocalyptic series that picks up from the previous one. There is some violence that is appropriate for the "new normal" the characters find themselves in.

Joel, along with his dad, friend, and dog are journeying to find out what happened to the other part of his family. The road is grueling and some people only want to do them harm. Joel must make some tough decisions. Is he ready for what lies ahead?

All I can say is I'm not sure I'd be able to do the things requi
Leigh Duncan
On The Edge of Your Seat

Resistance picks up Ben, Joel and Allie’s trek through the post-apocalyptic United States in search of other members of their families. The tension temps up as the threesome come face-to-face with desperate survivors and events that have brought out the worst in people. The cliffhanger at the end will leave you on the edge of your seat, eager for the next book in the series.
Hsu Lee
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest
The characters + storytelling were very captivating
We continue to follow Ben, Joel, Allie, and Gunner's journey.
Will this journey make them stronger or break them ?
The storytelling + the character's build were awesome!
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in the series!
David  Vise
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've been reading the books in this series as they've been released and this one has been the most enjoyable so far. The characters have grown on me as they have developed and I've become genuinely engaged in their journey of survival across a post apocalyptic America.

I still find the writing style a bit clunky at times and the books a little on the short side, but there's enough here to keep me interested and coming back for more - particularly after the cliffhanger this one ends on!
Miranda Beazley
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
On the road trying to get to their families Joel, Ben and Allie are faced with horrors no one thought possible.

Wow I must say this series is getting exciting. The more I read of it the more I want. It’s sucks me right in and I can feel some of the terror and horror these three face together. At the same time I can’t come close to imagining what they’re seeing. Again a lot of detail has gone into some areas of the book, but it’s becoming easier to read through these.
Susie Nelson
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good series

I have enjoyed this series very much. The only problem is, I wish he just wrote one big. I hate to wait for the next one. The way I read, I forget which series I am reading is which. When will his next book come out on this series? How long do I have to wait?
Jackie Bauerelen
Shelves: 2018-challange
Must Read Series!

Just finished book three in Bruno Miller''s Dark Road series, Resistance... Loved it. These books just keep getting better and better! Please tell me that book four will be out soon!!!
Diane T.
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story just wish it was longer

This is a solid entry in the series. The characters, especially Allie and Joel, are becoming more realistic as they learn what it will take to survive in this new world. Looking forward to the next book
Gerald O. Smith
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed and looking forward to the next book. Little improbable that they wouldn't meet more people but the way he left us hanging at the end of this book I think that is about to change. Keep 'em coming.
Debbe
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Survival Adventure Continues

This book continues the journey of the EMP survivors; daily struggles and danger abounds. Everyday brings them closer to their destination and closer to chaos.
Tracey Mccall
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

An amazing story well written with brilliant characters. An AMP has hit the U.S. We follow Ben Joel and Ellie as they try and get to their families on the east coast. I am looking forward to starting the next book.
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is so realistic it is scary.
Cynthia L. Turner
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Journey

Ben, Joel, Allie, and Gunner are on their way east after the catastrophe that has befallen America and the world 🌎. The trip has some harrowing moments and so much is going on in the world, that the group is literally overwhelmed. Will Allie be reunited with her father, will Ben, Joel, and Gunner reach their destination? So many questions but the group is resourceful. A standalone novel in the series but to receive the full range of the story start at book one. Great 👍 series!
Pam Shelton-Anderson
This is a little too short for my taste. It ranges from hair-on-fire action to segments like teaching Allie how to shoot a gun, which was quite dull. There were some chapters that because with a short recap of the end of the previous, like a TV show presenting a taste of where the other left off. I didn't have any problem remembering so it was a bit annoying. The cliff hanger is killer, though.
Kimberly
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series

The main characters are so personable and I love how the dog has become a character too. Unlike some apocalyptic books this one isn’t filled with blood, death and extreme violence which I abhor. Instead there’s intriguing storyline with characters that are really fleshed out. The books are much shorter than I like but I can’t wait to start reading the next book in the series.
Aaron
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
OMG ... so boring ... thank god each book in the series is so short. Nothing really happens. Even the "cliffhanger" ending is tepid and void of any action. That being said, I've invested too much in this series to quit now, so I'll trudge on and continue to Book 4. A far better apocalyptic series is Joshua Gayou's Commune series, which I'd highly recommend.
Steve
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good storyline, like the main characters

Didn’t write a review after he last book, wanted to be sure of my initial impression. While I enjoyed the story, it ended very soon. Finished this book in a couple of days and thought the same thing. Quick and enjoyable read, but expect the books to be longer.
Phyllispurvis
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What do we do?

I enjoyed this book because I was entertained and could not stop reading. I love how they interacted with each other. It was great to see how they handle crisis situations.
Vickii Bendit
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read.

Miller has complex characters become real to the reader. There is great action that causes the reader to become fully immersed in the world's Miller created within the pages of this series.
David A.
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read, well written. My only problem is that this author, for some reason, seems to think that every vehicle on the road when an EMP hit, crashed and burned with no survivors.
I do not agree with that.
maxine partin
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am hung-up on this series. But it is hard to fine the books like these. I like how the family is trying to fine each other.Clear across the country. I have read five of these books but can not fine any more. I would reread this series next year.
Rita Conner
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Resistance by Bruno Miller

I have really enjoyed this book. The author takes you right along with him. A very vivid account of what America could look like after an EMP is deployed
Rita
Lana Mccall
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good but

I hate cliffhangers but luckily for me there is the next chapter in the series waiting for me. So far Ben, Joel, Allie and Gunner are making slow but steady progress on their journey with having encountered 3 villains who kidnapped Allie.
Edward Poole
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the 3 books so far and not killing on each page but a good story line of what could happen during this type of event. Looking forward to see how they get off island they are trapped on.
John Cunningham
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Liked it but, like reading a comic book. Took me two hours. I will probably buy more but put some words on paper would ya?
Gerri
5 stars

Wow. Talk about cliff hanger. The action between books 2 and this book, book 3, was pretty smooth and seamless. Looking forward to book 4!
Toni Lervold
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great reading

The book just kept going. Kept you on edge. Hard to put down. One adventure after another. Plus a little teenage love mixed in.
bobi sherrill
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book.

I would recommend this book to any one that wants to read about emp. And what could happen. Love the series
Cheri
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pretty boring and ends in a cliffhanger. I like the Characters, however.
richard b. rupe
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Far to short

Im giving up on this series. Good story but fras nkly I despise episodic writing
Seems like a rip off of my time.

• As We Fall (Against All Odds #1)
  • As We Break (Against All Odds #2)
  • The Hidden Survivor (The Hidden Survivor #1)
  • Facing Unfamiliar Ground: An EMP survival story (The Hidden Survivor #3)
  • Unlawful Restraint: An EMP survival story (The Hidden Survivor #2)
  • Zero Hour (Zero Hour #1)
  • Final Chaos (Surviving #1)
  • Getting Home (The EMP #7)
  • The Accord (Allison's Secret #2)
  • Survive the Panic (Nuclear Survival Saga #3; Nuclear Survival: Southern Grit #3)
  • Another 20 Miles (Perilous Miles #2)
  • Defending Camp (The EMP #6)
  • Allison's Secret
  • Into the Dark (Into the Dark #1)
  • Hope Stumbles (After the EMP #8)
  • Surviving Sundown (Into the Dark #2)
  • No Shelter (Zero Hour #3)
  • Escape the Fall (Nuclear Survival Saga #2; Nuclear Survival: Southern Grit #2)

Dark Road (7 books)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road #1)
  • Escape (Dark Road #2)
  • Fallout (Dark Road #4)
  • Extraction (Dark Road #5)
  • Reckoning (Dark Road #6)
  • Deception (Dark Road #7)