Start by marking “Upon Stilted Cities: The Winds of Change (Chronicles of the Great Migration #2)” as Want to Read:
Upon Stilted Cities: The Winds of Change (Chronicles of the Great Migration #2)

Upon Stilted Cities: The Winds of Change

(Chronicles of the Great Migration #2)

The Children of Gaia won’t stop until every last walking city is destroyed.

The city of Langeles is rubble, resources are dwindling, and storm systems are larger than ever before. The people of Manhasten are in great danger, and they don’t even know it yet.

Life in the city hasn’t changed much in the forty years since Mimi joined her telepathic sisters of The Order of the E
Published July 17th 2018 by Loridians Laboratory LLC

To ask other readers questions about Upon Stilted Cities, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upon Stilted Cities

Start your review of Upon Stilted Cities: The Winds of Change (Chronicles of the Great Migration #2)
Cady
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This second book in the series is a step up from the first book in every way. The characters more fleshed out, the setting is described and brought to life, and the plot is far reaching and important.

So why only three stars? I gave the first book three stars. If this one's better, why does it get the same score?

This book does the first book a disservice. It makes Mimi irrelevant. She has two viewpoint chapters in this one, neither of which add much of value, and is barely mentioned outside of t
Nicolina Martin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michael Kilman is an extremely talented author. His prose is beautiful, and the imagination he must have to come up with the plot for this book, and the previous in this series, floors me.
I was breathless when I read this, sometimes I had to take breaks because I was too nervous about what was going to happen, I cried, had goosebumps. Amazing read. The evilness is chilling, the heroes multifaceted, the setting imaginative.
I recommend Kilman to everyone, friends, family, workmates, HERE.

I receive
Michelle
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is simply amazing. I finished book one in a day, and the second book wasn't long to follow. Definitely a page-turner; the prose is eloquent and enticing in such a way that it keeps you hooked from the very first page. I always NEED to know what's next and I just can't stop reading! I very highly recommend this book, and the series as a whole!
John
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of the story. Really engaging characters and a great world I can't wait to read more about!
Chelsea Strabala
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book in this series, Mimi of the Nowhere, I became very attached to Mimi and her new friends and lover. I did enjoy all of the new characters the author introduces in this sequel, and it added a lot to the world and plot within the story. I just wished I had gotten more time with Mimi, the original protagonist. Instead, it spends a lot more time with new characters; similar to A Song of Ice and Fire. Despite that, I gained new perspectives and started rooting for new char ...more
Jarleeya
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book introduces many new characters but the story is a continuation from the first one. I love the story and how easy and fun it is to read, for a sci-fi book. Michael is a very talented author and professor. You can tell that he puts a lot of his experiences into the book. Can’t wait for the third book!
Peri Bolts
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second installment of the series had me just as hooked as the first one, Mimi of the Nowhere. The characters are engaging and diverse and you are instantly on their side as they move through this post-apocalyptic world. Kilman’s world is rich in context and detail, unlike any sci-fi I have ever read: migrating cities, superstorms, mysterious Orders and villains. I highly recommend!
Alex Kilman
Jan 02, 2019
Denis Wright
Jul 05, 2018
Michael Kilman
Jul 05, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Desiree Byrd
Tim Hayes
Dec 07, 2019
Bryan Ewert
Dec 20, 2019

• The Road to Epoli (Rickety Stitch and the Gelatinous Goo #1)
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
  • The Boys Omnibus Vol. 1
  • Null States (The Centenal Cycle, #2)
  • What's Your Pronoun?: Beyond He and She
  • Life Will Be the Death of Me: . . . and You Too!
  • Denver Moon: The Minds of Mars (Book One)
  • The Complete Gail Simone Red Sonja Oversized
  • Snow Crash
  • The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities
Michael Kilman is an anthropologist who occasionally visits other worlds and reports back what he finds. When he isn’t writing fiction he is lecturing at a few universities in the Denver metro area, or working on his YouTube series ‘Anthropology in 10 or Less.’

Chronicles of the Great Migration (6 books)
  • Mimi of the Nowhere (Chronicles of the Great Migration #1)
  • Upon Stilted Cities: The Battle for Langeles (Chronicles of the Great Migration #3)
  • Serah of the Runners (Chronicles of the Great Migration #4)
  • The Children of AEIS (Chronicles of the Great Migration #5)
  • A Hand to the Stars (Chronicles of the Great Migration #6)