Start by marking “The Eight Apostates (The Bones of the Earth #4)” as Want to Read:
The Eight Apostates (The Bones of the Earth #4)

The Eight Apostates

(The Bones of the Earth #4)

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  5 reviews
We are the gods we worship.

The final book in The Bones of the Earth series.
Published by Scott Hale

To ask other readers questions about The Eight Apostates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eight Apostates

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of The Eight Apostates (The Bones of the Earth #4)
Bradley
So. Someone just got eaten by a god.

That's right! It's ME!

Scott Hale has consistently blown me the f*** away with his horror. I'm especially thrilled when he dives into the epic dystopian landscape of our modern world twisted by the Trauma. These novels are some of the most wickedly subversive and massively wicked epic-fantasy twists I've ever read. And that's saying a lot.

It also says a lot that the most heartwarming scene in the novel is a small child running through a hallway draped with fre
Scott Hale
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Check out that beautiful cover by my lovely wife, Hannah Hale.

Book to be released June 2019.
F.D. Gross
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What great lengths will the world go to act upon, or not act upon, the will of God? The Eight Apostates is a reflection of these questions. Eight unlikely protagonists or antagonist, duking it out over what is best for the apocalypse torn planet. Done in the style of a game of thrones-political nightmare, a battle for what is right and what is wrong, the story will keep you guessing until the end with a revelation that is out of this world.

Readers of contemporary dystopian sci-fi horror will get
Jody Ellis
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’re like me and have read the books as they release then don’t flip because Hale has provided smart detail that fills in any potential memory gaps with ease and reminds you of the past.

I’ve been in deep for this series since it started and have really seen Hales writing develop and come into its own. Each book just got better but the last instalment Hale really treats his readers to a rich, bold and bloody text that doesn’t let you down.

I’m a hard reader to please with high expectations.
Blanca
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since reading and loving book one I heavily suspected this was going to become one of my favourite book series, and, oh my, I wasn't disappointed! It's very original and delightfully rich and intricate, with great character depictions and a fantastic post-apocalyptical world. It seems Scott Hale can see into the depths and through the complexity of the human (and inhuman) soul and pull from it, giving us in precious words a terrifying and magnificent story.

I'm happy to see where the unexpected e
Miranda Ro
Jul 28, 2019
Florence
Jul 31, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series 2 12 Dec 09, 2018 07:09AM
Scott Hale has always been obsessed with all things horror. While it's not uncommon for his writings to blend multiple genres together, Horror is ever-present, be it in the scenarios themselves, or the uncomfortable truths he dares to explore.

Scott is the demented mastermind behind The Bones of the Earth series. Six books and four years later, the series has come to an end, but his addiction to wr

The Bones of the Earth (4 books)
  • The Bones of the Earth (The Bones of the Earth, #1)
  • The Three Heretics
  • The Cults of the Worm (The Bones of the Earth, #3)