Start by marking “Caught Up in Us (Caught Up In Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught Up in Us (Caught Up In Love, #1)

Caught Up in Us

(Caught Up in Love #1)

A second chance at first love...

Kindle Edition, Alternate Cover , 254 pages
Published January 19th 2013 by Lauren Blakely Books (first published January 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Caught Up in Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught Up in Us

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
It was okay. There was just something missing. I don't know if it was because it was so short or I just didn't connect but It was just a meh read for me.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Pu2 xB by sb_zpszpjxmaz6.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (3/6/2015)

BLURB:
A second chance at first love...

Five years ago, Kat Harper fell into a dizzying summer romance with her brother's best friend Bryan. It was a mad, crazy love full of kisses all through the night—but he broke her heart and she had to move on. Five years later, Kat is finishing her graduate degree and building her business as a jewelry designer, when Bryan, head of his own successful company, walks back into her life. Bryan has been assigned to Kat as her n
Catarina
3 Favorite Mistaken Stars!

Kat met Bryan in the summer before she went to college. He was five years older, her brother best-friend and they were celebrating the end of college.
They had an instant connection, a powerful affair but he ended all up in the end of college.
Now, five years later Kat is in her last year of college and is building a jewelry business called “My favorite mistake”, and a business mentor is assigned to her.
Well, and the mentor is nothing else but Bryan, still hot, still
Marga
DNF @ 52%

Nothing but the typical NA I've read a million times already. I just cannot finish this. I mean the main character do what she swears over and over again she won't do. And the guy was just not doing it for me. Urgh. So glad this was just an Amazon freebie. Just wasn't worth my time.
Lauren Blakely
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, of course I have to give it 5 stars! xoxo
Stacey is Sassy
I wasn't caught up in this one...

Bugger, this went from I really liked to I need to speed this sucker up to finish it. Unfortunately, the immaturity was made even more pronounced by the narrator. She made a 28-year-old male sound like a high school kid.

I'm going back in time for a re-read/listen of The Bride by Julie Garwood, then I'll give this series another crack. I can't write it off until I give it one more chance.

**********

I really liked this story, my only complaint was the characters wer
Monica Murphy
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It's cute and sexy with a great couple and a fun story. Plenty of sexual tension too - I love it when a couple wants to get naked but can't. So there's all this restrained tension between them and it's just delicious.
Cheryl
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1 stars - Kat Harper is ready to graduate with her MBA from NYU. One of her last classes is one in which she’s mentored by someone already successful in the business world. She’s shocked when Bryan, the guy she fell for, and her brother’s best friend, when she was 17 walks in and even more shocked when he’s assigned as her mentor. He suddenly and unexpectedly broke up with her just before she was set to move to New York City full time for college. She’s determined to act like she’s completely ov ...more
Paula

I liked Kat and Bryan’s story. They have a great dynamic together with the flirty banter and sexy phone calls. Kat really tried to resist Bryan, especially since he broke up with her without an explanation five years ago. But, being around him reminds her exactly how much she still really cares about him. And, because Kat is the kind of gal who takes risks, she took the chance to go for what she wanted instead of playing the jaded ex-girlfriend. That doesn’t mean she still didn’t have
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
THIS REVIEW IS POSTED AT ANGIE'S DREAMY READS

4 SWEET AND SPICY STARS

Well this was a sweet little book. It’s a very quick, light read. Kind of what I like to call brainless reading. It requires no work, no thinking, the kind of book you can sit back and relax with a cup of coffee or tea, some cookies and just enjoy. The perfect rainy day or sunny afternoon light romance novel. It plays out a bit like a chick flick and I really enjoyed it.

“My first love. He was my first favorite mistake.”

Kat
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I love that Lauren Blakely has zero drama from other women or men. Even in 2nd chance romances like this.. The story concentrates on falling into love again and their past just doesn't have to be detailed.. I don't like Bryans reason for the break up 5 years ago.. But he made up for it absolutely over the top amazing.
Loved all the movie moments and how they had the most entertaining banter. I could so see movies based on this authors books.
She's just one of my top favs hands down.

Absolutely s
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Me: "So have you read Caught Up in Us yet? I'm about 50% through and having a little bit of a rough time with it."

Anonymous Blogger: "No.. I'm starting it this week. Shoot..It's not good?"

Me: "It's not bad, I'm starting to get into the story, but the plot's just not as well written as I hoped. The flow is off and things kind of come out of nowhere."

Anonymous Blogger: "Ugh I hate that. It's not that consistent it sounds like."

Me: "It's like there's suppose to be all this sexual tension, but then
Anne OK
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
Irresistible and engaging contemporary romance. Delightful characters who shared a summer love that ended as fall arrived. Five years later they come face to face with each other and the feelings that never faded. Both are older and wiser but still their relationship is confronted with obstacles on both sides. Kat is just finishing her MBA and is an up and coming jewelry designer. Bryan, who is her senior by five years, has an established and very successful business that is facing a lawsuit by ...more
Love N. Books
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book took me FOREVER to read. And really, that is a huge compliment. This was one of those books that I easily could have finished in an afternoon, but I kept putting it down and walking away so I could savor it, absorb it, roll in it. I didn't want to finish. I didn't want it to end. But sadly, it did end.

Yes, this is a fairy tale, a too-good-to-be-true love story and I LOVED that. Sometimes you need a book where everything falls into place neatly and isn't the real-life hustle and stress!
Candace
Early on, I really enjoyed this story. It started out sweet and funny. Then, it just all went downhill for me. Maybe it was the never-ending phone sex, or the cheesy, childish dialogue, but the characters lost their appeal about halfway through. It just didn't work for me. I give this one 2 1/2 stars for the strong start and the, blessedly, short length. Unfortunately, this isn't a series I'll be continuing.
Maida
This novel had potential. Unfortunately, there were too many holes in the storyline. Furthermore, the hero's rationale for his past behavior (which led to the hero & heroine's breakup— a precipitating factor in this novel) was just asinine. (view spoiler) ...more
♥Sharon♥
3.5 Stars!

This is going to be a quick review. :)

Caught Up in Us is another book for my "liked it but didn't love it" shelf. This is the second book I have read in this series and I just didn't love it as much as the other book. I loved Playing with Her Heart, which is book #4.

Here is the gist of the story.

Having your heart broken at a young age is never easy but Kat moved on (sort of) and grew to be a smart and beautiful women. And Brian has his own regrets. Sometimes it is the unspoken words t
Heroesinbooks
This is perfect for anyone looking for a second chance romance with a sweet and sexy vibe. Kat fell in love with her brother's friend five years earlier when they had a secret summer romance. Just as Kat declared her love for Bryan, he broke off their relationship without ever saying he loved her . He goes on to make a successful career and Kat works hard at College and setting up her own fledgling business.

When their paths cross again Kat tries to remain aloof but the passion never died for ei
J. Kahele
Okay

Eh. The writing was really good and the characters were written well but the story overall was just okay. I felt the plot was drawn out too much.
Kay is finishing her last year of college. One of her classes in business, requires she has a mentor and she beyond belief when she walks in to see Bryan. Her first love, the man who had shattered her heart at the tender age of 17. To make matters worse, he is assigned as her mentor and now she forced to face her past, the pain she thought she left
Geri Reads
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, quirky, and lighthearted romance. Really loved Kat's and Jill's character. Loved the movie references -- Casablanca, Love, Actually, Perfect Pitch not to mention Les Mis (not the movie but the musical) and Eponine!! This book made me happy. I like happy. Will definitely check out the other books in the series.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 STARS

Lauren Blakely has stormed onto the contemporary romance scene with her debut new novel, Caught Up in Us, the first book of the series, providing us with humor, steamy phone sex, and love that is lost then found again. I can only say that, although Ms. Blakely’s writing style is uniquely her own however, I honestly put her up there with a couple of my favorites such as Jill Shalvis and Carly Phillips.

Losing your first love is hard, seei
MountainKat
*4- Stars*

Very simple story, but still enjoyable. The conflict was kind of superficial and the resolutions were way too easy. As was the reconciliation. But it was quick and easy with a sweet ending.

I listened to the audio and thought it was good. I had previously listened to this narrator, Emily Durante, and thought her male characters were awful, but this book didn't have the same issues. The books were published 4 years apart, this was the later one, so it is good to see she has improved.

Rere
Jen
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It didn't exactly knock my socks off, but it's cute, sweet, sexy and I'm always up for a second chance love story.
Jenn
This one was a little disappointing. I went in really liking the premise. Girl gets her first love. Then gets her heart broken by first love. Then girl is matched up with boy as her business adviser. She's still hurt and wants answers. Sounds interesting right? Well, it wasn't so much.

When she was 17, Kat fell in love with her older brothers friend, Bryan. They ended up having a secret relationship but ultimately Bryan ended things with Kat. Scorned, Kat turned her heartbreak into a jewelry busi
Becky
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided for an honest review**

***for this and other reviews check out our blog***

This book is one of those about second chances and true love. It also is about getting closure from the past and moving on.

Kat never expected to see Bryan again. And she had pretty much convinced herself that she was over him. But that all changes when she finds herself being paired up with him for a business class she is taking to get her MBA. See, he broke her heart 5
Daisy Sloan

The thrill of young love. A romance that should have lasted forever, but ended with the summer. My favorite mistake.

Kat Harper falls in love with her brother’s best friend Bryan. They spend the summer going to movies and hiding their romance from her brother. They fall in love. But then, for no reason, Bryan breaks it off with Kat. “I have to go.” That’s all she gets. No explanation. No apologies. Nothing.

Five years later she’s matched with Bryan as her mentor for a class she needs to graduate
Sarine
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh what a cute story !
A short romantic book that will make you dream.
I loved everything about them characters.
Bryan broke Kat's heart when they were young (college young), and five years later they meet again. I wanted a more 'hard to get' vibe but I understand her. If the love of your life comes back, I wouldn't resist.

Such a cute thing to read after a hard story ! Loved it.
Caroline Vincent
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Valentine’s Day is coming close and what better time to read a sexy contemporary novel! The perfect book to dive into for romantics and lovers! It is about Kat, who found in Bryan the love of her life at the age of 17 during a sizzly summer romance, in between High School and University. The love Kat feels is so strong that it defines her life from now on. The ensuing broken heart turns out to be an inspiration of creativity to shape Kat’s future.

Storyline

Kat is 17 when she first meets her bro
Triin from T's Bookish Moments
From my blog.

“My first love. He was my first favorite mistake.”

"I make jewelry. I drink caramel machiattos. I wear Hello Kitty to bed. Of course I love romantic comedies," I said with a smile as we neared my house. But I didn’t just love them. I wanted to live within them. I wanted a love like in the movies.

My thoughts:

Swoon... What a perfectly sweet story without any real angst.
Hope Burkhardt
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ahh,the perfect book for a light read.

This is a light romance that traces the story between Kat and Bryan.
Nothing really new here but it is sweet and the writing is good (I adore Lauren Blakely) :)

Kat is 18-years-old when she first falls for her brother's best friend, Bryan. Bryan realizes that she has to experience college life or whatever without him and leaves her *eye roll*. They meet after college and old feelings are rekindled.
Like I said, nothing new but still good!

Now I am going to leav

• Before (Bombshells, #0.5)
  • Second Rate Chances
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • Never Enough (Enough #1)
  • Searching for Neverland
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
  • The Valentine's Arrangement (Hard Feelings, #1)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • A Summer to Remember (Seasons, #1)
  • Planning on Forever (The Forever Series, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Love and Relativity (Preservation)
  • Derailed (Clayton Falls, #1)
  • Destined to Change (Destined, #1)
  • Fall into My Heart (Subzero, #1)
  • Drowning in You
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more

Caught Up in Love (5 books)
  • Pretending He's Mine (Caught Up in Love, #2)
  • Trophy Husband (Caught Up in Love, #3)
  • Stars in Their Eyes (Caught Up in Love, #4)
  • Playing with Her Heart (Caught Up in Love #5)
“My first love. He was my first favorite mistake.” 61 likes
“If I were a rock star, I’d have Taylor Swifted him and written one of those anthemic I don’t love you anymore songs.” 44 likes