Start by marking “Roomies” as Want to Read:
Roomies

Roomies

The night before my wedding, I ran.

I needed a place to hide. A place to start over. A place to figure out how to move forward with my life.

When my cousin Lena offered me a rent free apartment in Chicago, it seemed like the perfect solution. And it was until the legal tenant, a Marine named Josh, returned early from his deployment overseas.

The little security I had shattere
ebook
Published August 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Roomies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roomies

Start your review of Roomies
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
-Kacie, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Val runs away from her life to Chicago, to seek help from a cousin she hardly knows. She rents an apartment and ends up becoming roommates with a soldier named Josh. It takes awhile for Val to warm up to him, but once he does, sparks fly and they fall in love.

That’s the basic story line but there is so much more to it than that. This was a quick book to read and I thought it was very good. But I also feel like the book and the characters had the potential to be so much more. I
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a bad book from this author yet and this book is no exception! The great plot and character development kept me so engaged throughout the entire book that I had a very hard time putting this book down until the very last page was turned!

Natalie Johnson
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book deals with sensitive triggers, domestic violence and ptsd. It does it in a way that is supportive of the victim.

I loved this book it was a sweet story of how love can heal. I recom
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Valerie ran from from her abusive fiancé the night before her wedding. She ran to a cousin that she barely knew, Lena. Lena and her fiancé had apartments next to each other, but since they were living together they let her stay in Ryder’s apartment until his roommate Josh gets back. Josh was in the military.

I loved this book it was a sweet story of how love can heal. I reco
maureen
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story.
This book was not what I expected at all. I thought I was going to be reading a light, sexy, cute friends to lovers type of a book. What I got was something very different.
Val is a young woman running from an abusive relationship. She runs to her cousins to hide and start her life again. Josh is a friend of her cousins and is deployed, but gets injured and comes home early. They end up being roomies. Josh and Val begin to fall for each other but Val is still recovering from her past
Kari Hansen
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Valerie knew that if she didn’t escape from her fiancé that it would only be a matter of time before she wasn’t able to . She went to stay with her cousin Lena and ends up staying in Ryder’s apartment, Lena’s fiancé, as his roommate who is a SEAL is out of the country.

When his roommate Josh returns home unexpectedly they become roommates and a relationship develops but what happens when her past catches up with her?

For a short story it has a well developed story line complete with suspense, roma
Kayla Pocernich
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Valerie ran away from her abusive fiancé the night before her wedding and she ran to her cousin that she barley knew. Lena lets Valeria stay in Ryder's apartment until his roommate Josh returns home from the military. The attraction between Valeria and Josh is instant and they both need to deal with there own demons before they can have a relationship together. This book deals with sensitive triggers, domestic violence and PTSD.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntaril
Lori
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Val has to run to save herself. She runs to her cousin Lena. When Josh comes home and that means to the safe place she has been loaned, it is hard on Val. She is deathly afraid of every man and of being a disappointment to everyone. Josh is wonderful and flawed just like her, but can she get past her fear? When her monster comes to find her, can she learn to stand up and fight?

Kathy Mccalmon
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
this is a wonderful story of self discovery and healing love. It has abuse PTSD and love. will these two broken souls find peace and happiness.

Pat
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
The good storyline and the well defined characters drew me in from the very beginning and kept me turning the pages until the very end!
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
OMG, THE FEELS! Stevens packs a powerful story of betrayal, self discovery, and love in Roomies. A definite must read.
Shanna
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the entertaining quick read!!!
Joya
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story. Short read. A bit funny at times. Good if you're looking for a cozy happy ending story ...more
Ani
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first chapter had me hooked and I binge read the rest. I was cringing, holding my breath and goofy smiling intermittently throughout this story. Josh is lovable and Val is frightened but attempting to get her life back on track.

I did struggle just after the half way mark, the flow seemed a little interrupted and became a little repetitive. The first half was so easy to read but the last half seemed like the author was trying to fit everything in a little too fast.

That said I did enjoy it. I
Geraldine Streit
May 24, 2020 rated it liked it
It’s kind of bold to write a short story with characters who have so much trauma to deal with. In my opinion it’s not working as everything happen to fast and we know just the bare minimum o out the characters

Dee Dee (Dee Reads for Food)
Ok but I need more of their relationship! This can't be how it ends!

This was also heavier than I'd bargained for. Trigger warnings for abusive relationships (physical and emotional abuse).
Betty Leung
Short and sweet. This is a very short book. It wasn’t great but I needed a filler book and this was perfect! It has the Alpha male, the best friends, and the bad villain.
Coco.V
Aug 23, 2018
Andreea
Jan 07, 2019
Maaike
rated it did not like it
Mar 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Save the Date (Better Date than Never, #4)
  • Hooked On You (Bad Boys of the City, #1)
  • Bed Head
  • Snow (Colors of Crime, #2)
  • Never Giving Up (Never, #2)
  • Wait for Me
  • Hammered with You (Ross Brothers, #2)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • The Loner's Lady
  • Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
  • The CEO of Cristo (Classic Billionaires, #1)
  • Single Malt Drama (Bourbon Street Bad Boys' Club, #3)
  • All I Need
  • Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • Secret Baby
  • My Best Friend's Brother (Soulmates, #2)
  • Hate You (Rebel Ink, #1)

News & Interviews