Start by marking “Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)

Hot Six (Stephanie Plum #6)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  105,546 Ratings  ·  2,159 Reviews
Big-haired bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is back and, boy, has she got man-trouble ...
Published June 1st 2001 by Pan MacMillan (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Hot Six, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Six

James
Book Review
3+ out of 5 stars for Hot Six, the sixth book in the "Stephanie Plum" cozy mystery series, written in 2000 by Janet Evanovich. I've had some bad days before. I've even done some things I am not exactly proud of. But one thing I've never done... set someone on fire. Who does that? And what do you do to get revenge on the fire-starter? Maybe Drew Barrymore has some ideas. I'm a gonna call her today. On a more serious note, yes, that's poor Stephanie's life in this book. Bail jumpers
K.R. Patterson
Mar 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Morelli... I just needed to express that. I was only going to give this book four stars until that decision was swayed in the end by said individual. And I'll add that I really don't think I would mind it much if a muscular Italian Jersey cop called me "cupcake"...
Choko
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, humor
*** 4.25 ***

A buddy read with my friends at BB&B!!! Let's go hunt some bond skips!!!

I do not know how does this author keep on making me laugh??? I mean, this is book 6! I should be tired of the same old, same old, right? How long can one very inapt, clueless, and fully unprofessional bounty hunter, with propensity for finding dead bodies, keep bringing the funny and rev up the likability factor ever higher, from one book to the next??? And Stephanie Plum does all that and more, reeling us
Jilly
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cool-dog-bro
This was shaping up to be an eight-doughnut day.

Seriously? I want Stephanie's metabolism! Where do I sign up for this? If I had an eight-doughnut day, I would have the get the word "Goodyear" tattooed across my ginormous body.

Also the only way to get me to sporting events.

So, another day, another dollar. If Stephanie can bring in a crazy lunatic that keeps trying to set her on fire. And, if she can lose the newest guys who are following her around town. Plus, she has to hope that her new dog,
Tammy
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to be entertained and has a wild imagination
Recommended to Tammy by: neighbor
Mooner, Ranger, homicidal maniacs, a Rollswagon, dog poo, a dead guy in a lawn chair, the nemesis from hell, a Star Trek party and eccentric Grandma Mazur all make up my favorite Stephanie Plum novel so far! Lots of laugh-out-loud moments and great secondary characters.
Janet Evanovich has done it again, she made me snort coffee out of my nose and she left me with stomach ache from laughing so hard. This is without a doubt one of my favourite comedic series and I'm enjoying it just as much on a reread.

Stephanie is one of the most completely clueless bounty hunters you'll ever come across, you'd think she might be getting the hang of things by now but really she just blunders along in her own little world seemingly catching the bad guys by accident. I know she's
Maureen DeLuca
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 6th book in the Stephanie Plum series - and by far the best so far! Grandma Masur, the dog and Lula made this story priceless!! Although I am new to this series , and reading them in order- I can see where the Joe vs Ranger love triangle may get to be 'annoying' (for a lack of a better word) .

I'll still continue this series - and I wonder how long it will be for me to get annoyed by the love triangle- we shall see -- so for now---- on to the next !
Punk
Jun 21, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mystery. Stephanie Plum! Being tailed. Again! Car on fire. Again! Has an unwelcome houseguest. Again! I was warned these books get predictable, but I...didn't think it'd be this bad? Okay, okay, I'm shaking it off.

This here's the book where Ranger's wanted for questioning in connection to a fire and also a murder and has Stephanie doing stakeouts for him. During the course of the investigation, she picks up a dog and a roommate, and then a couple more roommates. Ranger's pretty frisky here. Mor
Tilly Slaton

Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series is brilliant. Totally hilarious and worth its weight in gold.

Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter with attitude and an interesting fashion sense runs around with her sidekick Lula in attempt to catch and haul in criminals that have missed their court date.

Working for Vinnie, is interesting to say the least. Vinnie is anything but vanilla. His lifestyle and preference in partners although highly abnormal by society’s standards, I find intriguing and laugh
Bark
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, suspense
After reading the paperbacks in order, I've recently begun reading these books in their unabridged audiobook form in reverse order. I started with #8 (Hard Eight), recently finished up #7 (Seven Up) and the latest listen has been Hot Six. Reading these backwards has been an eye-opening experience and I'm now able to pinpoint exactly where things began to become repetitive for me as a reader (the very beginning of book #7, for those interested).

Hot Six has all of the wit and the fun its two follo
Stephanie Plum and her relationship with Morelli and Ranger. 23 343 Jan 10, 2016 04:05PM
Challenge: 50 Books: Sheila G 2014 52 38 Dec 27, 2014 02:08PM
Who do you see... 2 34 May 10, 2014 12:16PM
The Women's Myste...: #6 Hot Six 1 5 Aug 09, 2013 10:51PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Hot Six 1 4 Mar 30, 2012 08:15PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Hot Six 1 3 Jan 21, 2012 08:12AM
  • Hero at Large
  • The Spellmans Strike Again (The Spellmans, #4)
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • Ugley Business (Sophie Green Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)
“If she wasn't your grandmother I'd shoot her."
Ranger”
76 likes
“Mooner was walking around laying his hands on the cars, divining karma. "this is it", he said, standing by a small khaki-colored jeep."this car has protective qualities"
You mean like a guardian angel?"
I mean, like, it has seatbelts”
63 likes