Start by marking “Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)” as Want to Read:
Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)

Obsession of the Egoist

(Egoist #2)

“You aren’t happy with me, you aren’t happy without me, so why the fuck should I leave you alone?”

APATHY. DEPRESSION. EMOTIONAL NUMBNESS.
Thrown out of captivity and into long-awaited freedom, Kuon is in limbo, left with the ashes of the future Yugo destroyed.
Unable to cope with the shards of his former life, he enlists to serve in Afghanistan. Two years later, back in
Kindle Edition
Published by Nero Seal (first published December 9th 2019)

Start your review of Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)
Nazanin
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, dark, m-m
3.5 Stars

Told in multiple POV, 3rd person. It’s the second installment in the "Egoist" series and has to be read in order. It’s slow-paced and dragged at some places. Nothing really important happened in this one. This isn’t the last book in the series and there will be more but still there were some loose ends like what happened to Kristina or what was about Gray, what was his main role in the story and what about Rick! I felt pity for him! Overall, it wasn’t as good as book one but still I
Elin
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me as an ARC, all opinions are my own.

The continuing of the story between Kuon and Yugo is softer than it's predecessor. It follows Kuon as he struggles to cope with being let go and to live while having lost direction and purpose.

As it shows a more patient side of Yugo, it is slow building, and it lacks the edge and heat that ruled the first book. I did miss it, the raw state you are left in when the two collide together. But I got a taste, it simmered under the surface
Florence Mwendwa
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really waiting for this book.
Emma Jaye
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this second Egoist, Kuon is not the only one struggling. Its ANGST (yep in capitals so it must be true).
How do you go on when you're no longer useful in the world? This is Kuon's dilemma, his cross to bear and he's crumbling despite trying to maintain the stoic facade Yugo occasionally managed ripped from him.

But he is still wanted, by family, by an obsessive former colleague, by Yugo, even though the Black Duke released him to save his life.

These characters are realistic, not heroes. Some
Solveigh
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly would prefer to write this review in German (at least Kuon would unterstand :-), but I guess it should probably be in English because this book was given to me as an ARC. So I apologize in advance for my bad grammar. ;-)

I really loved this book even though it was completely different than I expected. The relationship between Yugo and Kuon developes and becomes a little bit more balanced and well, for lack of a better word, healthy... which is perhaps necessary with regard to the
Stina Andersen
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Obsession of the Egoist, is one highly sought after book! But the wait was so worth it!
The story continues were we left off in book 1, Love if the Egoist. Biggest cliffhanger ever, btw!!

"You aren't happy with me, you aren't happy without me, so why the fuck should I leave you alone? You have nothing to give me? Fine. I have many things I want to give you. I came for you, and you will be mine again whether you like it or not."

Huh, but is it really that simple? Read to find out!

I had a few
Wanderlust_Wanz
Still Team Yugo, ahh need the next book! ...more
Lindsay Crook
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was sooooo worth waiting for...This picks up right from the big ass cliffy left by book 1..
I love the dark and dangerous vibe this series has going on and Yugo is one of my favourite characters..I hate being so vague but I don't wanna spoil it just know that this is a must read.
Millie  SK
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the most anticipated that I have ever read. I must say it didn’t disappoint one bit. It is not as dark as Love of the egoist but still as good. I think if a rational minds wants to make sense of Yugo and Kuon’s relationship they need to see Yugo in a different light which Nero Seal executed beautifully( although I love Yugo the way he is in all his evil and asshole glory). Yugo is used to instant gratification whether people give him everything he wants out of fear or he takes what ...more
Mary Ann
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's going to be hard to review this without spoilers, but I'll try. I was relieved that Kuon physically okay after that nasty ending in the first book. Mentally, he's a wreck. Which leads him to make decisions that land him right back in a hospital, worse than ever.
Meanwhile, Yugo is miserable without Kuon. Is he obsessed or in love? Both? He needs Kuon, but this time he's giving Kuon a choice. Kind of...
Mr. Seal has left me with more questions than ever. Events are happening in the background
Shannie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Holy shiznit! Loved every second! Loved the TWIST, omg! That made me happy.
Tara
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say I absolutely loved it, definitely a twist I did not see it coming. Worth a read 100%
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, dmc, mm, lbr

4.5 stars - Thank goodness, this story picks up right where the previous one left off, and we don't have to wait very long to get the details of what actually happened. Quite a few twists happen, but they are just the beginning. In this installment, Yugo has set Kuon "free" as it sinks in that Kuon would rather take his own life than think about being with Yugo (regardless of their crazy relationship).

So, Kuon goes back to his old life but is at a complete loss as to how to integrate himself
Colchicine
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sooo obsessed with this story!
The passion, the twisted plot, the hatred, the love……
Tina
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for December 9th!!!
Josh Dale
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After book one I was shocked to see Kuon is still alive and with us. The author has done a great job of showing us what happened at the end of book one. And the phycological games begin once again.
We catch up with Kuon two years after he was set free by Yugo (the mafia leader). To rebuild his life and find himself Kuon joined the Army. But unfortunately he was blinded whilst serving.
Two year later Kuon feels lost and useless, unable to see and reliant on others to do the most basic things.
We
Kirstin
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The wait for this book was excruciating, but so worth it. From the mind of the masterful Nero Seal, we are thrown back in where Book 1 left off.

2 years later, Kuon is on his own, trying to get past the kidnapping and falling for his captor, Yugo. Living a shell of his life, he can't keep from thinking back to his time with Yugo. And Yugo hasn't forgotten Kuon either.

I was so entranced in the depth of emotion and feeling that Yugo and Kuon had before, I couldn't wait to find out what happened to
Isabel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
obsession
/əbˈsɛʃ(ə)n/

noun
the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"he cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"
an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"

When it all starts with the perfect choice to title this second book,
Obsession of the Egoist, you have to start reading, ASAP!!
Let's go back to Vienna, to a very different Kuon who lives in a
Ana
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I was a little skeptical of how this story might work, considering where the previous book ended, but it worked perfectly to me. I wasn’t fond on each of the main characters before, but the story was so interesting, I needed more. Any doubts I had about the mail characters before, was clear here. I end up loving them as I didn’t thought I could. I am particularly charmed by Yugo and how much of him remain and still was able to show an interesting character development.

It was slow
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my dayz. I was super excited to see this book was being released. After reading book one I had high expectations for this story. Yugo and Kuon. Crikey these two drive me mad. The will they won’t they had me ranting away as I couldn’t anticipate which way it was gonna go. This is a superb read. If you enjoy m/m then I highly recommend this gem. The author exceeded my expectations with this story.
Lid Hime
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And here it is, and here it is:

So I didn't want to come here and rate it because then I would have to write a review, and I knew I was going to do it because I have things to say about the book.

I didn't think it was possible as sometimes with anticipated sequels that's never the case but, Nero Seal managed it. This book is better than the first one. It really is. And here I was fearful I wasn't going to like it as it was so anticipated and there was a hype about it- and it happened with me
Joyffree
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
Went in a totally different direction than I thought it would
And far exceeded my expectations!
Mio... you really need to pull your head out of your backside and what are you thinking? Do you believe that whatever your doing is going to change how Yugo sees you? You are going to hurt the ones you love!
Rick... sit-stay
Yugo ... you're learning! See even old junkyard dogs can be tamed
Kuon... my heart to you. I'm truly not sure how you kept your sanity over the last couple of years. I know you
Svetlana
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took for me near 5 hours to read this book in one session. I waited for it. And it did not disappoint me. So now I can say... shit! It was intense. Not the way I suggested to, but in its own way. The 2nd book differs from the 1st one. I would say, a lot. The characters seem the same, but also it seems that they have changed--two years were past from the story in the 1st book.
First, the idea to make Kuon blind surprised me. It would be more interesting to see the story to unfold if Kuon would
Nikki
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dara Nelson
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
Usually I write a review the second I finish a book because I want to capture what I'm feeling in my review. With this one, I had to wait a bit. This is a continuation of Yugo and Kuon's story. And while it still embodied the same intense emotions, there were times when I wanted to smack both characters for being so damn stubborn and blind (see what I did there?)
I still enjoyed this and am looking forward to the next book in the story (Can't wait to see how Yugo reacts when he finds out about
Teresa Juckett
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book while it was so worth the wait it kinda didn't have that extra bite like the first book, but it still was good and had me glued to the pages trying to find out what was going to happen next. I believe these new character's that are introduced in this book are like chess pieces on a board leading up to the 3rd book. Will Kuon and Yugo finally get their happily ever after? We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Szidi ☼
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I have twisted feelings. I finished this book more then a week ago, but still can't get my head around it. Mostly I'm still dissapointed, but I had time to overthink it and see it through from other view.

As I said earlier in my reviews of this series, my biggest dissapointment is that it isn't dark enough and both Yugo and Kuon are weak. And I hate weak characters the most.

If I see this book/series as a romance, then it's cute and lovely. But those are not the words I want to use if I talk about
Kirsty
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Torture!

I actually thought book 1 was a stand-alone! I thought oh what a morbid ending haha but was so excited to find out there would be more! They are so deliciously twisted. This one set a completely different tone and I found it exciting and suspenseful waiting to see what would happen. It was kind of a slow and torturous book where nothing and everything happened, though it never felt slow or boring. It feels like this one is definitely a setup for what will come in book 3. The
Miranda Marquez
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was everything I hoped it would be!

I have been anticipating this book since the moment I ended Love if the Egoist. I was not disappointed one bit!! I needed Yugo to finally admit his feelings, and for Kuon to see his worth. Now I need the next one!
Julie Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog
It's Amazing

Yugo and Kuon's story is filled with pain, angst, and a connection that can't be ignored. I couldn't put it down, and couldnt get enough of their journey. Another great addition to the series. I can't wait to see what will come next. P.S. I still dont like Mio!!!

• Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Straight as a Wheel: Smoke Valley MC (Sex & Mayhem, #11)
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • RUSH: an X and Dima Novella (Run This Town)
  • Broken News
  • Captivating (Elite Protection Services #2)
  • Daddy's Forbidden Room
  • Cold Hard Cash
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Happy Endings (Happy Endings, #1)
  • The Boss's Christmas (The Killough Company #1.5)
  • Rich Kids (Rich Kids, #1)
  • Blade (Hell's Ankhor #1)
Journalist, poker player, casino events manager, designer, and SEO specialist, Nero Seal tried it all before committing to the idea of being an M/M fiction writer. Living in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he has a lot to say. Being an avid traveler, he creates his imaginary worlds from the places he’s been and the people he’s met.
Characters always talk in his head, forcing him

Egoist (2 books)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
“You aren’t happy with me, you aren’t happy without me, so why the fuck should I leave you alone? You have nothing to give me? Fine. I have many things I want to give you. I came for you, and you will be mine again, whether you like it or not.” 0 likes