Start by marking “Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)” as Want to Read:
Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)

Obsession of the Egoist

(Egoist #2)

“You aren’t happy with me, you aren’t happy without me, so why the fuck should I leave you alone?”

APATHY. DEPRESSION. EMOTIONAL NUMBNESS.
Thrown out of captivity and into long-awaited freedom, Kuon is in limbo, left with the ashes of the future Yugo destroyed.
Unable to cope with the shards of his former life, he enlists to serve in Afghanistan. Two years later, back in Vi
Kindle Edition
Published by Nero Seal (first published December 9th 2019)

Start your review of Obsession of the Egoist (Egoist #2)
Nazanin
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, dark, m-m
3.5 Stars

Told in multiple POV, 3rd person. It’s the second installment in the "Egoist" series and has to be read in order. It’s slow-paced and dragged at some places. Nothing really important happened in this one. This isn’t the last book in the series and there will be more but still there were some loose ends like what happened to Kristina or what was about Gray, what was his main role in the story and what about Rick! I felt pity for him! Overall, it wasn’t as good as book one but still I lik
Dia
This second book in the Egoist series wasn't at all what I expected. As much as I enjoyed the first book, this one felt SO different. It felt too long and to be honest, nothing really happened for many, many chapters. I mean, nothing important happened between the main characters! I was in for Yugo and Kuon, and they circled each other most of the story.

Yugo is different here, he's not as pushy as before or as I would have wanted him to be. It was like reading about two new characters... they d
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
First book: rape and lots of forced sex, and the abused got to like it
Second book: whatever, tiny short story
This book: MCs spend most time apart, not much sex otherwise, don't even know what this is.

I will probably not recall this series to continue reading if the next book comes out.

So weird.
Elin
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me as an ARC, all opinions are my own.

The continuing of the story between Kuon and Yugo is softer than it's predecessor. It follows Kuon as he struggles to cope with being let go and to live while having lost direction and purpose.

As it shows a more patient side of Yugo, it is slow building, and it lacks the edge and heat that ruled the first book. I did miss it, the raw state you are left in when the two collide together. But I got a taste, it simmered under the surface a
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 3.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3

I’m doing this review with the least amount of words. Make your own assumptions.

I LOVED the first installment. And I'm sorry to say the second book didn't reach the same high for me personally.
Kuan was all over the place ( which to some extent I do understand) and there are so many "loose ends" and things going on in the background that I simply don't even want to go there.

I wanted Yugo to BE YUGO and I suppose he was in some instances, there
Florence Mwendwa
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really waiting for this book.
Emma Jaye
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this second Egoist, Kuon is not the only one struggling. Its ANGST (yep in capitals so it must be true).
How do you go on when you're no longer useful in the world? This is Kuon's dilemma, his cross to bear and he's crumbling despite trying to maintain the stoic facade Yugo occasionally managed ripped from him.

But he is still wanted, by family, by an obsessive former colleague, by Yugo, even though the Black Duke released him to save his life.

These characters are realistic, not heroes. Some w
Chellabration
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Time of death 70%

I wanted to like this, I really really did... but it was such a contrast to the first book.
Nearly half the book was spent on the separate lives of our heroes, before they met again...

I didn't feel anything for them the way I did in the first book... I couldn't put the first book down, but I kept putting this one down and allowing myself to be distracted by anything...

Then a woman entered the picture... I'm not sure what he role will end up being as I can't...

Yugo seem too begis
Millie  SK
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was the most anticipated that I have ever read. I must say it didn’t disappoint one bit. It is not as dark as Love of the egoist but still as good. I think if a rational minds wants to make sense of Yugo and Kuon’s relationship they need to see Yugo in a different light which Nero Seal executed beautifully( although I love Yugo the way he is in all his evil and asshole glory). Yugo is used to instant gratification whether people give him everything he wants out of fear or he takes what ...more
StinaA
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Obsession of the Egoist, is one highly sought after book! But the wait was so worth it!
The story continues were we left off in book 1, Love if the Egoist. Biggest cliffhanger ever, btw!!

"You aren't happy with me, you aren't happy without me, so why the fuck should I leave you alone? You have nothing to give me? Fine. I have many things I want to give you. I came for you, and you will be mine again whether you like it or not."

Huh, but is it really that simple? Read to find out!

I had a few thoug
Wanderlust_Wanz
Still Team Yugo🙌, ahh need the next book!
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, dmc, lbr, mm

4.5 stars - Thank goodness, this story picks up right where the previous one left off, and we don't have to wait very long to get the details of what actually happened. Quite a few twists happen, but they are just the beginning. In this installment, Yugo has set Kuon "free" as it sinks in that Kuon would rather take his own life than think about being with Yugo (regardless of their crazy relationship).

So, Kuon goes back to his old life but is at a complete loss as to how to integrate himself bac
Lindsay Crook
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was sooooo worth waiting for...This picks up right from the big ass cliffy left by book 1..
I love the dark and dangerous vibe this series has going on and Yugo is one of my favourite characters..I hate being so vague but I don't wanna spoil it just know that this is a must read.
Josh Dale
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After book one I was shocked to see Kuon is still alive and with us. The author has done a great job of showing us what happened at the end of book one. And the phycological games begin once again.
We catch up with Kuon two years after he was set free by Yugo (the mafia leader). To rebuild his life and find himself Kuon joined the Army. But unfortunately he was blinded whilst serving.
Two year later Kuon feels lost and useless, unable to see and reliant on others to do the most basic things.
We fol
Lori
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Man, I wish I would have known that this wasn't the last book in the series. I REALLY hate waiting for the next book in a series.

This was like a 180° turn from the first book and it was kind of jarring because I was was expecting the same dark theme, but it was completely tame comparatively.

Kuon went off the rails and joined the military and got himself hurt, Yugo was besides himself wanting Kuon back and it looks like Mio is gearing up for an attack.

I felt terrible for Rick who was a complete d
Colchicine
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sooo obsessed with this story!
The passion, the twisted plot, the hatred, the love……
Jairo
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was not as messed up as I expected. A little bit too sweet for this kind of story.
Shannie
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-obsession
Holy shiznit! Loved every second! Loved the TWIST, omg! That made me happy.
Tara
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say I absolutely loved it, definitely a twist I did not see it coming. Worth a read 100%
Tina
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait for December 9th!!!
Lid Hime
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And here it is, and here it is:

So I didn't want to come here and rate it because then I would have to write a review, and I knew I was going to do it because I have things to say about the book.

I didn't think it was possible as sometimes with anticipated sequels that's never the case but, Nero Seal managed it. This book is better than the first one. It really is. And here I was fearful I wasn't going to like it as it was so anticipated and there was a hype about it- and it happened with me earl
Ana
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I was a little skeptical of how this story might work, considering where the previous book ended, but it worked perfectly to me. I wasn’t fond on each of the main characters before, but the story was so interesting, I needed more. Any doubts I had about the mail characters before, was clear here. I end up loving them as I didn’t thought I could. I am particularly charmed by Yugo and how much of him remain and still was able to show an interesting character development.

It was slow pac
Mary Ann
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's going to be hard to review this without spoilers, but I'll try. I was relieved that Kuon physically okay after that nasty ending in the first book. Mentally, he's a wreck. Which leads him to make decisions that land him right back in a hospital, worse than ever.
Meanwhile, Yugo is miserable without Kuon. Is he obsessed or in love? Both? He needs Kuon, but this time he's giving Kuon a choice. Kind of...
Mr. Seal has left me with more questions than ever. Events are happening in the background
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my dayz. I was super excited to see this book was being released. After reading book one I had high expectations for this story. Yugo and Kuon. Crikey these two drive me mad. The will they won’t they had me ranting away as I couldn’t anticipate which way it was gonna go. This is a superb read. If you enjoy m/m then I highly recommend this gem. The author exceeded my expectations with this story.
Kirstin
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The wait for this book was excruciating, but so worth it. From the mind of the masterful Nero Seal, we are thrown back in where Book 1 left off.

2 years later, Kuon is on his own, trying to get past the kidnapping and falling for his captor, Yugo. Living a shell of his life, he can't keep from thinking back to his time with Yugo. And Yugo hasn't forgotten Kuon either.

I was so entranced in the depth of emotion and feeling that Yugo and Kuon had before, I couldn't wait to find out what happened to
Isabel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
obsession
/əbˈsɛʃ(ə)n/

noun
the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"he cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"
an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"

When it all starts with the perfect choice to title this second book,
Obsession of the Egoist, you have to start reading, ASAP!!
Let's go back to Vienna, to a very different Kuon who lives in a persona
Ed Davis
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can’t explain why I like these books so much. There are so many things about them that I usually hate. Kuon is the sort of character that gets on my nerves. I can’t understand his actions and he’s combative and quarrelsome. Yet I love him anyway. I love the way Nero Seal writes and these stories certainly keep me on my toes. Until the next installment.....
Joyffree
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
Went in a totally different direction than I thought it would
And far exceeded my expectations!
Mio... you really need to pull your head out of your backside and what are you thinking? Do you believe that whatever your doing is going to change how Yugo sees you? You are going to hurt the ones you love!
Rick... sit-stay
Yugo ... you're learning! See even old junkyard dogs can be tamed
Kuon... my heart to you. I'm truly not sure how you kept your sanity over the last couple of years. I know you we
suebee ~Always Reading~

This was a book that was highly anticipated since the first book ended on a huge cliffhanger. I enjoyed this book but there wasn’t much happening overall. There was a lot of other things and a few other characters that took away from the story and I wanted more of the dynamic between Yugo and Kuon. Kuon really goes through a lot in this book. It was depressing and sad. We get a lot of fights with Kuon punching and lips being bitten. It got a bit repetitive.

To say this is an unhealthy r
Stellaria
5 stars!

The continuation of the series was different from book 1. Intense and angsty, yes, but the violence and the uneasy parts weren't that raw. For me, this book was more emotional and it gave me more information about what was going on in the two MC's heads.

Again, the book was very good written and I couldn't wait to read it. At some point, I felt disturbed that I was able to forget what Yugo did to Kuon and I don't know how that happened. I still didn't like the guy (Yugo), but I wanted th
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dig Your Grave (Staniel, #2)
  • The Boss (The Killough Company, #1)
  • Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1)
  • Cold Hard Cash (Cold Hard Cash #1)
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • By Way of Pain - Criminal Delights: Assassins
  • Just a Bit Wrecked (Straight Guys, #11)
  • The Boss's Christmas (The Killough Company #1.5)
  • His Fake Prison Daddy
  • Broken News
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Prince's Master (Masters #1; Calluvia's Royalty, #4)
  • Gilded Cages
  • The Psychopath
  • Reign of Darkness (The Prince's Assassin #2)
  • A Kidnapping (Under His Heel, #2)
  • Sinner's Ransom - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
Journalist, poker player, casino events manager, designer, and SEO specialist, Nero Seal tried it all before committing to the idea of being an M/M fiction writer. Living in one of the most homophobic countries in the world, he has a lot to say. Being an avid traveler, he creates his imaginary worlds from the places he’s been and the people he’s met.
Characters always talk in his head, forcing him

Egoist (3 books)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
  • Pursuing the Egoist (Egoist, #2.5)