Start by marking “Tarot Inspired Life: Use the Cards to Enhance Your Life” as Want to Read:
Tarot Inspired Life: Use the Cards to Enhance Your Life

Tarot Inspired Life: Use the Cards to Enhance Your Life

Create a More Meaningful and Spiritual Life through the Cards

Make tarot the centerpiece of your spirituality with this brilliant guide to incorporating the cards into your daily life. Tarot Inspired Life is the perfect workbook to help deepen your tarot practice, enhance your creativity, and find greater purpose each day.

This book encourages you to befriend your deck, pers
Published January 8th 2019 by Llewellyn Publications

To ask other readers questions about Tarot Inspired Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarot Inspired Life

Start your review of Tarot Inspired Life: Use the Cards to Enhance Your Life
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
I highly enjoyed this book and the new journey it took me with the tarot. I actually learned a couple new insights on how to use the cards and have been reading for over 15 years now. I like how this book takes the sacred knowledge of the Tarot and intertwines it with daily practices to give us more meaning. I give this book 5 stars because I feel if a brand new reader were to read this book that they may be thrown off course a bit but I do think it's a worthy book to add to your collection. I e ...more
Gail
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
Wow...this is a most excellent Tarot book. It inspires this weary old teacher/reader to reinvigorate her Tarot practice. Written in an accessible style, you are drawn into Elford’s expansive vision of Tarot as a daily companion, friend, and inspiration. Never pedantic, she provides a very good 360 degree overview of the history of Tarot. While she knows that the mythical origins of Tarot are romantic fiction, she joyfully enjoys them. So do I, as a guilty pleasure. Now I feel validated!

Through t
Melissa Cynova
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimers - I got this book from the publisher that Jaymi and I share - Llewellyn, and also Jaymi is one of my best friends.

I still would have rated it this highly if she weren't, because this is a really good, valuable book. I've been taking my time reading through it because if I'm honest, I generally don't read tarot books anymore. I've been looking at these cards for 30 years, and I think I've got it, you know? Death means change. Check.

This book isn't a book to learn the cards, though. It
Eliza Bajsicka
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Tarot is very important to me. It was my introduction to the occult at age twelve, and continues to be a major fixture in my practices. I picked up this book hoping that, as the title implies, it would help me to further integrate Tarot into my daily routine.
Despite the title, this book really only works as a general introduction to Tarot. Even then, some of the information given (such as the elemental associations for the Tarot court) comes from what seems to be the author’s UPG rather than est
Cathy Geha
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tarot Inspired Life by Jaymi Elford

Tarot is something I have dabbled in for a number of years so when I saw this book I wanted to see what it might have to offer. I already knew that the cards are a means to trigger the mind to “see” and foretell and find out but they can also be more and this book proposes some ideas that I had not encountered before. What ideas? Well, using the cards to inspire writing and construct plots was unusual and different and might be of interest to aspiring authors.
Shannon
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book does not offer card meanings, it offers ways to incorporate tarot into your everyday life that go beyond reading a simple spread. Easy reading, useful information. There's great information about building relationships with the cards so you won't feel obligated to rely on someone else's interpretations.
Leeza Robertson
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-have for all Tarot enthusiasts. Move beyond the reading from this incredible book from Jaymi Elford. If you loved Kitchen Table Tarot, this is the book you need to follow it up with.
Amanda
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Jaymi Elford, Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd., and NetGalley for allowing me the extreme pleasure of access to an advanced reader copy of “Tarot Inspired Life: Use the Cards to Enhance Your Life” for an honest review.

While I am a tarot reading of over twenty years, and someone who finds delight in both new decks, and holding true to the old, comfortable ones I've used along the way (oracle, tarot, and rune decks), this book was quite a delight to read over. I find myself pausing and tryi
Anna Alexander
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: Jaymi was my tarot teacher when I wanted jump into the deep end of the tarot pool and really learn the cards. I am also one of the readers mentioned in the acknowledgements section of the book as I watched this book grow from a rough draft to its polished completion.

That being said, if I didn’t like this book I would not give it a glowing review.

The main thing that sets this book apart from other Tarot 101 books is that Jaymi gives the reader tarot insight and exercises that go
Sally Wilsey
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have always been interested in the Tarot and beauty of the cards. There are many decks that are just magical. I was so happy to see this book really delve into the history of the Tarot. The author also goes into the cards in a better way than I have seen in previous books. There is a chapter on Tarot Language that tells about the colors, symbols and more. Also on the types of readings. Then the book goes into the spreads, some of which I have seen and others that are new to me. It then goes in ...more
The Shakti Witch
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be perfect for the beginner who wants a brief introduction prior to attending a course / workshop on the Tarot. That said there is plenty to gain from this title irrespective of what level you are at. From crafting to creative writing, there is lot here to inspire. With a long career in the publishing industry spanning both traditional and self publishing, I found the chapter on using the tarot to guide a prospective new author through the publishing process a bit dodgy but ...more
Darcysmom
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley and Llewellyn Publications for free in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the author's approach to Tarot. The introductory material was great for a newbie like me but didn't seem to drag on in a way that would be redundant for an experienced reader. The exercises and layouts were fantastic. I read the books straight through for purposes of review. I will be going back much more slowly so that I can complete the exercise
Diah R
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4/5

Such a solid book useful for anyone who wants to learn tarot, especially those who want to implement tarot in their daily lives. Complete with how-tos, explanation, meanings, incantations, and exercises on every chapter, this book will deepen your knowledge about tarot cards. I feel like this book is the compilation of every tarot books I've ever read.

I suggest in keeping a little journal to record your experience with the exercises.

(Digital arc provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest
Trina
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’ve read a lot of tarot books over the years. Some are my go-to books that I bought over 20 years ago because they still have lots of valuable information that can be reread and re-evaluated and others are books that had a few helpful ideas but were basically just a rehash of other books on the market. This book seems to fall into the latter of the 2. It had, for me, a few helpful ideas but nothing that stood out for me that would make me give it more than 2 stars. A disappointing read after so ...more
Angel
Quick impressions: This is a book that packs a lot in a bit over 300 pages from basics of how to read the cards to tips on going pro and networking. It also offers a lot of techniques and exercises to engage with your Tarot deck and keep on learning. It has stuff for both beginners and advanced Tarot users. This is one I would buy.

(Full review on my blog later).
L.A. Jacob
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
A book on Tarot that doesn't cheat and have three-quarters of it taken up by interpretations. Also goes into spellwork, meditation, and how to contact and work with your muse. Even the bibliography is worth it.
Carol
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While I'm not a newbie to reading cards, my focus has been primarily on oracle cards, rather than tarot. I was very happy to be given the opportunity to read a digital review copy of "Tarot Inspired Life" by Jaymi Elford, courtesy of NetGalley. I found myself bookmarking pages with information and exercises that I want to try with my cards. As I was reading, I found that many of the ideas presented in the book might also be applied to oracle cards. The books has also inspired me to start keeping ...more
Brenda Rackley
Jan 15, 2019
Casper
Mar 24, 2019
Anne
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am fairly new to the topic of tarot, so I found this volume extremely helpful. The history given was very interesting but what I liked most of all where the many, many ideas for using the cards in one’s every day life, and for the purpose of personal self growth and spiritual development instead of using the cards to read for someone else.
Devon Anderson
Oct 15, 2019
Lisa
Jun 30, 2020
Andrea Johnston
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Good workbook to learn more about the ins and outs of Tarot. I did have to download the book twice, however, as the text was completely messed up on one of my devices but mostly worked on the other. It did make the work tricky to follow but the information is solid and quite interesting. Also offers a number of ways to work on your own tarot readings and to delve deeper into the meanings of the cards. A very interesting read once the correct format was downloaded!
N

• Tarot Elements: Five Readings to Reset Your Life
  • Mindful Tarot: Bring a Peace-Filled, Compassionate Practice to the 78 Cards
  • Your Tarot Court: Read Any Deck with Confidence
  • Good Girls Lie
  • Light Magic for Dark Times: More than 100 Spells, Rituals, and Practices for Coping in a Crisis
  • Weave the Liminal: Living Modern Traditional Witchcraft
  • The Vanishing (Fogg Lake #1)
  • Kitchen Table Tarot: Pull Up a Chair, Shuffle the Cards, and Let's Talk Tarot
  • Pizza!
  • WTF is Tarot?: ...& How Do I Do It?
  • Slow: Finding Peace and Purpose in a Hectic World
  • Above the Bay of Angels
  • Love Looks Pretty on You
  • The Whispered Word (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #2)
  • Tarot for Troubled Times: Confront Your Shadow, Heal Your Self  Transform the World
  • Modern Tarot: Connecting with Your Higher Self through the Wisdom of the Cards
  • Llewellyn's Little Book of Tarot
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
Jaymi Elford discovered her first deck at 13 and has been reading for others since then. You can find her slinging cards at parties, events, or in one-on-one sessions with clients. Tarot is Jaymi’s personal inner compass. She reads the cards for herself to seek guidance and gain insight. When it comes to living a tarot inspired life, Jaymi has a simple philosophy: clear the clutter, locate your an ...more