Start by marking “Murder Likes It Hot (Downward Dog Mystery #6)” as Want to Read:
Murder Likes It Hot (Downward Dog Mystery #6)

Murder Likes It Hot

(Downward Dog Mystery #6)

Yogini and amateur sleuth Kate Davidson will need more than Warrior Pose to solve a murder and help homeless teens

Newly married yoga instructor Kate Davidson feels stuck in low-energy limbo, despite her high-energy life. She's trying to conceive a child, keep her studio afloat now that the ultra-cheap Some Like It Hot Yoga studio has opened across the street, and start a y
Published January 8th 2019 by Midnight Ink

To ask other readers questions about Murder Likes It Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Likes It Hot

Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I finished reading the 6th installment in Tracy Weber’s downward dog mystery series, Murder Likes it Hot, and it was the perfect book for me this week! I was in the mood for something compulsively readable and with some intrigue and a touch of edge, and Weber delivered. I couldn’t wait to pick it back up again each time!

See my full review here on PhDiva!

Reflection

I’m a big fan of cozy mysteries, and I like them in all forms—witty, silly, dark, intellectual…I love them all! I can’t speak for the
LORI CASWELL
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Kate and Michael’s wedded bliss is facing a tough time. They both want a child so much but have been unable to conceive and fertility treatments are so expensive. Add to that, there is a new yoga studio opening up right across the street from Kate’s studio, so she is worried about keeping her clients and her classes full. She has been asked to teach yoga at a local youth center that gives homeless teens a place to spend their days and to get help and education to get them off
When I first heard about this series a few years ago, I was super excited to read it. I love yoga, and have been practicing since I was a teenager (it has a lot of cardiovascular health benefits), and I also love a good cozy mystery. This book delivered on both fronts.

In reading this book I actually skipped ahead in the series. I read book one back in early 2017 and hadn’t gotten around the picking up any other books. The I was accepted to read this book on NetGalley and was fine jumping a head.
Yvonne
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yoga instructor, Kate Davidson, is adjusting to married life. The one thing that would make it perfect is having a child. Unfortunately, it’s been difficult for her to conceive a child. Kate and her husband, Michael, are considering other options. However, they are costly.

As Kate and Michael deal with their personal life, other issues are thrown their way. A new competing yoga studio is offering very cheap classes that Kate cannot match. The last thing they need is for Kate’s yoga studio to lose
Betty
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dogs, mystery, e-books, own
The tenth book of the Downward Dog series does not disappoint. Kate Davidson has a few problems to handle. A cutthroat outfit is starting a new Yoga studio with lower rates just Kate needs a lot of money for infertility treatments. She learned that her eggs almost gone and most of all the chance of her getting pregnant is almost null. Her desire for a baby is expressed very well. In an effort to raise the money she volunteered at a homeless teen center. There she meets a runaway teen, Rainbow an ...more
Dawn Frazier
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a HUGE fan of the Downward Dog Mystery series by Tracy Weber !! Having read all but the first book in this series (not sure how I missed the first one....) I am an invested reader and feel like Kate (the main character) is a dear friend of mine. I can tell you that Kate and her dog Bella hold a piece of my heart. I know, I know, I know that they are not real.....but if you read all of the books or even one of the books in this amazing series, you will know exactly what I mean !!!

In Murder L
Annie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read one of the previous books in this series and remember liking it very much, so was pleased when I was approved for an ARC from NetGalley.

This latest book sees the newly-married Kate and Michael trying for a baby, helping a homeless teen called Rainbow, and figuring out who murdered the director of a homeless teen day centre. Kate gets involved when the gun that Rainbow carries with her is found at the day centre, leading the police to suspect that Rainbow is the killer, as her fingerp
Barbara Tobey
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some serious issues are addressed in this cozy mystery. A few tears were shed, especially at the end. The sweet yoga instructor with a big heart tries to solve the mystery without endangering herself. We all know she will end up in peril sooner or later. Enjoyable series, even for those not interested in yoga, such as me. I do enjoy the dog and other animals involved. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Lee Ann
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun series, light and just twisty enough to keep you guessing!
Jessica Narwold
I've been a big fan of Tracy Weber's Downward Dog series and thankfully I was permitted an advanced reading through #netgalley.

Ms. Weber still has you on the edge of your seat as you read about Kate's adventures and the next murder she encounters.

As always, I couldn't put it down. I felt this one wasn't as surprising as the other books in the series, but I read it for enjoyment, not always for the surprise. Bella wasn't as involved in this book as her previous novels, but we we're introduced to
Melissa Castor
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. I loved the fact that it dealt with issues that are common today--infertility and teen homelessness. It was a really heartwarming cozy mystery and I could really feel like I was relating to the characters. I would love to see more of Kate, Michael, Rainbow, Bella, and Mouse, but if not, this ended perfectly!
Sonja
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story.
Christine
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozies
This is the latest in the downward dog series . Kate and Michael are trying to conceive a child and are having a hard time with it. She is asked to start a yoga class at a youth center for homeless teens. When one of the employees is murdered Kate decides to look into the case because she doesn't believe that the person the police suspect is the true culprit.

I liked this book. It was a bit different from her other books in the series. Kate is helping a homeless teen who ran away from her stepfa
Paula
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It always makes me sad to come to the end of a Tracy Weber book. I hate having to leave these characters as I’ve come to love them and feel like I have to say goodbye to my friends (at least until the next books comes out). Murder Likes It Hot has a great murder mystery storyline, amazing characters that continue to grow and evolve with depth and richness, and who doesn’t like some furry friends added into the mix? Some scenes make you laugh, make you cry, and make you go, “Darn, I didn’t see th ...more
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MURDER LIKESIT HOT By Tracy Weber

This is a great story with a very likeable protagonist. Dealing with issues that we tend to not talk about in our daily lives, it also has a great plot. Kate Davidson has just gotten married and is dealing with infertility. She has a great yoga studio but unfortunately, a new lower cost studio has just opened up across the street from her. She is also starting a yoga class for homeless teenagers. Then something tragic happens. An employee from the Some like it ho
Susan
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the sixth book in a wonderful multi faceted mystery series. While it can be read as a stand alone or out of order, you would get the most out of the series by starting at the beginning. It's a cozy series with a very big heart about very real people. Murder Likes it Hot is the most complex of all of them. Lots of emotions in this one.
Kate and her husband Michael very much want to conceive a baby but things are not going their way and their thoughts turn to trying infertility treatments.
Sandra
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Murder Likes It Hot by Tracy Weber is the sixth book in Downward Dog Mystery series and an absorbing story in so many ways and not just your regular mystery.

Even though I haven't read previous book I decided to give it a try as I practice yoga myself and the short description sounded really inviting. I didn't have any problems getting into the story as all previous references are well explained.
Kate, owner of a yoga studio and her husband Michael are trying to conceive a child but without succes
Anam Cara
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Tracy Weber has done it again. Another wonderful mystery!

This time I was certain - absolutely certain - that I had it all figured out by the end of chapter 17. Boy was I ever wrong. Surprises right up to the very end, and yet, it all made sense and the clues had been there although very subtle.

The perfect mystery!

This time Kate takes her yoga classes to a youth shelter which helps homeless teens. The youth are not allowed to stay overnight, they are allowed to remain nameless, but they have shel
Darcysmom
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an ARC of Murder Likes it Hot from Netgalley and Midnight Ink for free in exchange for an honest review.
Murder Likes it Hot is the 6th book in the Downward Dog Mystery series. In this book Kate Davidson should be happy. She loves her yoga studio. She loves her husband, Michael. She adores her pets. Instead she is struggling with infertility, competition for her yoga studio has opened up across the street, and her dog is anxious and her cat won't let anyone pet her.
When Kate's best fr
Dawn M
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me in tears and I'm not talking about the cute kind but the ones that leave you feeling exhausted and looking like an absolute mess! Yet I loved it, I know shocking!

Kate and Michael are back and they've been trying to have a baby with heartbreaking results. Kate has a lot going on in her life right now (and none of it seems to be going her way.) including dealing with a rival yoga studio run by Michael's assistant Tiffany's boyfriend opening up right across the street! Helping at
Jeanie Jackson
Read and adored! Kate is not what most yogis would strive to be; she isn't even what she strives to be but she is an outstanding and caring person. I would rather know someone with that much heart than someone who can face all things calmly. The very fact that she is far from perfect makes her more relatable than many of the characters that I love. It has been delightful watching her relationships develop through the series and in this book we meet a new person to fall in love with.
Kate and Mic
Cozy Cat Reviews
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the author's writing and this new addition to the series was exceptional in every aspect. It is truly the "definitive Cozy Mystery!" . I highly recommend this 6th book in the "Downward Dog Mystery" series. Thank you for the ARC which does not influence my review. This is such a wonderful series with exceptional plots and wonderful well crafted sleuth in every book.

In this next in series our protagonist Kate Davidson has just gotten married and has discovered she has infertilit
Christine Lowe
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tracy Weber has definitely found the right protagonist to keep readers returning to The Downward Dog Series. Kate Davidson is a likeable character who owns a yoga studio and struggles to be the best person she can be. Right now she feels like a failure. She's barely spoken to her best friend in the last six months and her relationship with her husband is deteriorating. After months of trying for a baby she finds out that it may never happen for her and Michael.

Kate is asked to teach a yoga class
L.D.

Edel
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is about Kate , she is a yoga teacher and owner of Serenity Yoga . When she gets the chance to earn some much needed extra money helping troubled teens by teaching them yoga she jumps at the chance and here she meets Rainbow , a really smart teen with a big heart and lots of hardships . I have to say I got really invested in this story , between Kate’s personal problems and Rainbow’s hard life I think it would be near impossible to read this and not care what happened to these characte ...more
Bre
Dec 13, 2018 added it
Shelves: netgalley
The Downward Dog series is what sparked my love of cozy mysteries. I have grown emotionally attached to Kate Davidson and her fascinating life ever since the first book. I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley. I was ecstatic to see how Kate's life has been since book five.

Just like in books 1-5, Kate is entangled in solving a murder. She often puts solving the murder ahead of her personal life, her own well-being, and her yoga business. LOVE the ending!! I really enjoy reading th
Heather
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the memories it brought back about my own experiences working with homeless youth. Hopefully it will inspire others to pay attention to some of the particular struggles they have. Thankfully local resources are expanding. I love that this series always incorporates places around Seattle and look forward to additional books.
Annarella
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and I loved this instalment.
It was a good mystery with strong elements of women's fiction.
It was moving and enjoyable, I felt for Kate's fertility issues and enjoyed the mystery.
The cast of characters was very interesting and likeable as usual.
The mystery was good, full of twists and turns, and it kept me guessing till the end.
I look forward to reading the next instalment in this series.
Highly recommended
Many thanks to Midnight Ink and Netgalley for this ARC
Lori Bonkoski
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kate and Michael are trying to get pregnant and life is not working. Depressed, anxious and fearful, Kate discovers a hot yoga studio opening across the street from her yoga studio. She also finds herself 'working' with homeless youth to provide a yoga experience. She finds herself helping one of the clients, who is implicated in a murder at the homeless center. Kate, along with Michael, Sam, Rene, and her parents, work to find out what is really going on and who the murderer really is. An inter ...more
Tracy Weber is the author of the award-winning Downward Dog Mysteries series featuring yoga teacher Kate Davidson and her feisty German shepherd, Bella. Her first book, Murder Strikes a Pose won the Maxwell Award for Fiction and was 2015 Agatha award nominee for Best First Novel. The fourth book in her series, A Fatal Twist, will released January, 2017 by Midnight Ink.

Tracy and her husband live in

Downward Dog Mystery (6 books)
  • Murder Strikes a Pose (Downward Dog Mystery, #1)
  • A Killer Retreat (Downward Dog Mystery, #2)
  • Karma's a Killer (Downward Dog Mystery, #3)
  • A Fatal Twist (Downward Dog Mystery, #4)
  • Pre-Meditated Murder (Downward Dog Mystery, #5)