Start by marking “Merrily Ever After (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Merrily Ever After (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #2.5)

Merrily Ever After

(Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #2.5)

Elise Maxwell is loving her first Christmas with her husband, Jay Smith. So far, newlywed life has been filled with laughter and lots of steamy marital "bliss." But when Elise discovers she's accidentally, against-all-odds pregnant, happily-ever-after screeches to a halt. Although she sees it as a Christmas miracle, Elise knows her new husband might not agree...

Jay n
Kindle Edition
Published December 4th 2018 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Merrily Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merrily Ever After

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

He was perfect. The perfect gentleman and the perfect… not gentleman, as the situation required.

Jay had never thought about sex having magical healing powers. That was for other people. Hippies. People doing breathing exercises and chanting mantras. But clearly there was some healing to do here.

But one thing she’d learned recently was that sometimes it was a good idea to expand your definition of perfection.

My Review:

I adore this couple and holy scorched sheets, Batman – they hav
Richelle Robinson
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
So after reading “Once Upon A Bride” I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this story and catch up with Jay and Elise. For the most part they have been on the same page about no kids but Elise ends up pregnant. Talk about intense. I didn’t know what was going to happen. My heart was hurting for both of them because they have issues with their families. I could also understand where Jay was coming from as well. I was really torn and couldn’t pick a side to be on.

“So keep remaking me, Elise. Both of
Samantha (WLABB)
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just when I thought Jay had unpacked his baggage, I saw how he reacted to the news of his infertile wife being with child, and let me tell you, it was not good, folks.

I was pretty excited to catch up with Jay and Elise. These two charmed the pants off of me in Once Upon a Bride, and I was curious to see how things were going. I must confess, I was hoping Elise got pregnant in the first novella, and therefore, I was excited to see my wish come true in this installment. I was sort of shocked at J
nick
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

Absolutely scrumptious! Actually, I take that back. Scrumptious does not even begin to express how amazing this short holiday novella was. I devoured Elise and Jay's story, Once Upon a Bride, and was more than a little excited to find out that they would be getting another novella. I'm so so happy that Jenny Holiday decided to write these two characters' stories because they are my favorite from the series.

In Once Upon a Bride, we find out that Elise is infertile and that Jay wants nothing
Rachel McMillan
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet, smart, sparkly Christmas read with chemistry that sizzles from the page. A holiday confection for those who want their Hallmark-esque tale with a tad more substance. 'Merrily Ever After' asks us to consider life's twists and turns when the carefully planned story we have for ourselves takes an unexpected turn.

Jay and Elise show a portrait of real and messy love more enchanting still because of their authenticity. An easy voice to fall into, a perfect dessert for a night by the Christmas
ambsreads
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
i either love books with pregnancy or they make me shit scared so guess which one this fell into?
Bea  Charmed
Schmaltzy and over the top. Angsty yet sweet. Not a bad story but not great.
Kari | Books For The Living
Somewhat potential spoiler-y things ahead.

This was a nice update into Elise and Jay’s lives. As we know from the first novella, Once Upon a Bride, as well as the first two books, Elise’s chances of getting pregnant are extremely low due to her endometriosis. So imagine her utter surprise when she finds out she’s with child.

What I think I liked most about this story, was how realistically both characters reacted to the news. Elise’s concerns and insecurities were justly felt, especially conside
Leigh Kramer
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have thoroughly enjoyed Jenny Holiday’s Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series so I was really excited to see we were getting a novella about Elise and Jay. I’d recommend you read the first two books so you get maximum enjoyment out of this story.

The reason this series is so great is the group of friends at its center. Elise, Jane, Wendy, and Gia are best friends and each woman gets her chance to shine in her own book so it’s only fair that former bridezilla Elise take a turn.

Due to severe endometr
Ari
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

❝ 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖...𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖...𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐. ❞

Before I start my review, I want to note that it is necessary to read the previous books and novella in this series in order to get the full backstory of this couple's romance. Also, you should read the previous books anyways because the series is adorable, just saying!

Fun fact, I'm not really much of a holiday romance rea
Under the Covers Book Blog
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you've been reading the Bridesmaids Behaving Badly you're bound to have been curious about the couple that were getting married in book 1.  I wanted to go a little behind the scenes of the HEA we missed out on.  And that's what MERRILY EVER AFTER delivers.

Elise and Jay got married with the understanding that they wouldn't have kids.  He never wanted any because of his own experiences with his father and she couldn't have any so she thought she was ok with that.  Until she gets pregnant and
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Merrily Ever After by Jenny Holiday is book 2.5 in the Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series. This continues the story of Elise Maxwell and Jay Smith who we met in the 'Once Upon a Bride' book.
You could probably make this a standalone without any issues but I personally feel you will enjoy it more if you read the previous book first. Elise and Jay are so much in love and are ready for their first Christmas together but then Elise finds that she is expecting a child. Elise is concerned how Jay wil
Amy
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Jenny Holiday's Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series so I was excited to see this novella about Elise and Jay. Although this could be read as a standalone, you won't be able to really enjoy it fully without having read the first two books in the series. This story centers around an unplanned pregnancy for a couple who had always agreed that children were not an option for them. I think that was handled very deftly in this novella. I highly recommend this one AND the series as a wh ...more
Elley Murray
I'll admit, I struggled a little bit with Merrily Ever After. This is a novella that is book 2.5 in the Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series. Book 0.5, Once Upon a Bride, is the story of how Elisa and Jay get together, while Merrily Ever After is the story how they stay together. It's definitely much higher angst than any of the other books in the series to date, and I wasn't quite prepared for that going in. The only thing is, you know it's a Jenny Holiday romance novel so you KNOW it's going to h ...more
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
4.5 Stars
Elise and Jay are back and boy have things changed for them this time around!!

I was a little worried about how this whole surprise pregnancy would play out between this couple who had both placed themselves firmly in the not wanting children club. I was worried about how we were sold that they both were not just okay with not having children, but that they preferred it and that they would somehow magically be over the moon with the news.

Well, while Elise took the surprise pretty well
Aly
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After the courtship, the wedding and an every day life that seem like a fairytale, comes the time where every couple have to face if they are really made to be together, for better or for worse. Jay and Elise are at that point. The moment where a happy news is also a bad news that will either bring them closer or separate them.

Diagnosed with endometriosis when she was younger, Elise was not supposed to be able to have kids. Not a thing that would bother Jay, since he's pretty set on never wanti
Char (1RadReader59)
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have not read this series…but I have to say this is a nice Christmas Novella-Stand-alone. I story was nothing at all what I was expecting from the get-go. This is a couple that has only been married for a year and a half with no children. And that is the way the both planned it. For her, because she couldn’t have any for his it was his background.

With that said it jumps right into a sexually charged couple who love everything about each other and all things sex with each other. They will nev
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Jenny Holiday’s Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series is one of my favorite finds of 2018. Obviously I was thrilled when I found out she would be releasing a holiday novella in the series. Better yet? Merrily Ever After features the couple whose wedding in the first book kicked off this whole ride. I was so excited to get a glimpse at Elise and Jay’s life together.

Merrily Ever After isn't all light and fluffy fun and games, but it's a realistic look
Azadra Whitman
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance
After falling in love with the bridesmaids behaving badly series I was SO excited to read this novella. Although, I haven’t read Once upon a bride yet I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on this novella. I’ve been wanting to know more about this couple since the first book in the series! When I heard about this novella, I was disappointed because I really wanted Jay and Elise to have their own full length novel. However, Jenny Holiday didn’t disappoint I adored this novella. It was beautiful,he ...more
Minx
I have to say that I am falling in love with Elise and Jay! I found them to be so charming together in Once Upon a Bride and I loved getting the insider’s scoop on how they came to be together. In Merrily Ever After, they are going to have to survive the one thing that neither of them ever counted on, but was absolutely a sweet blessing. Throughout the Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series it has been made known that Elise suffered with fertility complications which warranted her belief that having ...more
BookAddict
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The holidays can get a little crazy, and this book is the perfect length to take you away from the madness for a short time and into a wonderful holiday story. We met Jay and Elise previously, and watched as Elise's perfectionist tendencies morphed into epic bridzilla proportions. The four besties from the Bridesmaids Behaving Badly series are all together for Christmas, with a lot more than just the Secret Santas being revealed.

Jay never wanted children so Elise's fertility issue made her even
Mary
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

A cute read about what happens when something you didn't expect or know that you wanted.

Life is about to change drastically for Elise and Jay when Christmas brings Elise a true miracle: an unexpected pregnancy. She's not sure how she feels, she's been told for years that having children weren't in the cards for her. She's scared to tell bUsy because he's been very clear about not wanting kids.

I loved the way Elise and Jay's
Linda Quick
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful holiday tale about Elise and Jay, a happily married couple that is madly in love....until an unexpected pregnancy throws a wrench into their relationship. , While they're both struggling to deal with their feelings about the pregnancy, neither is sure what it means for their marriage. This book is a warm and thoughtful Christmas story that will tug on your heartstrings. I read this is one sitting and found myself engrossed in Elise and Jay's story. If you enjoy the genre, th ...more
Nelle
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 19-arc
Elise believes she's infertile, Jay doesn't want kids due to his childhood. They married knowing this, so the reaction they both had to this surprise pregnancy was in line with their personalities. It was hard seeing Jay flip pot a little and seeing his childhood.

But with their friends anf family they got through it. It was a perfect holiday read of miracles and acceptance.
marieno
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read Once Upon a Bride , this novella doesn't pack a lot of surprises, but a lot of sex scenes. I really liked to see Cam and Jay get closer but what I like the most was how Elise and Jay each took care of the other (Elise didn't want to "damage"Jay and Jay never wanted to put charges on Elise.) He wasn't perfect in his reaction but he really put efforts to help Elise trust him again.
Trianna
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute novella for this series. I liked seeing inside Elise & Jay's heads and see cameos from the other characters and I don't have any complaints. This would be the perfect read for a the holidays; when you want something quick and cute! I am excited to see the series continue with Gia's story.

*Thanks to NetGalley & the publisher for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review*
Leah
Merrily Ever After was an incredibly short and sweet read that even made this Grinch’s heart grow three sizes – AND cameos from other characters made this novella an absolute delight.

For the mini review and more, head over to The Pretty Good Gatsby!
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
Super fun! I love getting this second novella about Elise and Jay. I also love stories after the fairytale wedding--the HEA after the HEA so I ate this one up in one sitting. I also liked getting an update on the other couples and to get me back in with the BBB crew before I read Gia's book.

Full review to come.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • The Decoy Date (The Wedding Date #4)
  • Miracle at Christmas (Christmas, Colorado #7.5)
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Dirty Deeds (Dirty, #1)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • My Forever Home (Rescue Me #3)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Texas Legacy (Texas Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Crazy Cupid Love
  • Snowflake Wishes (Echo Lake, #0.5)
  • Curses, Foiled Again
  • Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)
  • For the Duke's Eyes Only (School for Dukes, #2)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • Phase Shift (Chaos Station, #5)
  • The Twelfth Date (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #2)
  • Head Over Heels
Jenny Holiday started writing in fourth grade, when her awesome hippie teacher, between sessions of Pete Seeger singing and anti-nuclear power plant letter writing, gave the kids notebooks and told them to write stories. Most of Jenny’s featured poltergeist, alien invasions, or serial killers who managed to murder everyone except her and her mom. She showed early promise as a romance writer, thoug ...more

Bridesmaids Behaving Badly (4 books)
  • Once Upon a Bride (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #0.5)
  • One and Only (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #1)
  • It Takes Two (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #2)
  • Three Little Words (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #3)