Start by marking “Full Bloom (Full #5)” as Want to Read:
Full Bloom (Full #5)

Full Bloom

(Full #5)

Dear Reader,

The temperature's on "sizzle" again in Beaumont, South Carolina, where peach trees are in season and ripe for the picking. So is its newest entrepreneur, Annie Fortenberry, who has inherited her grandmother's B&B (and its eccentric handyman Erdle Thorney). According to a local psychic she also inherited a spirit from its glory days as a brothel--not the kin
Mass Market Paperback, 344 pages
Published April 5th 2005 by St Martins Pr

To ask other readers questions about Full Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Bloom

pianogal
Nov 08, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, chicklit
Ugh...

Is this series over yet? It was bad enough that we've jumped characters once, but then she (they) did it again. Jamie and Max - who we know - were very peripheral to this story. All the main characters were new. (Ok Annie had BRIEF cameo in the last one, but that's it.) And worse still, I didn't like any of them. Nor was the story line worth anything. A wife wrongfully accused of murdering her husband? Gee, where have I heard that before?

I've only got one more to go and then I'm back to St
Pam Donato
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Fun, light-hearted romance with some murder mystery and ghost story thrown in. The characters are very quirky and make for some hilarious scenes. It was a quick read.
Rod
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy, romance
I'm ever closer to my goal of reading EVERY Janet Evanovich book. (there's way too many of them).

This one was short and fun. The problem now is that she has so many short series that I can't keep them all straight. I think i'm mixing characters from all the different stories up --- oh well!

This one is about a lady (near Atlanta) with an old house she fixed up and has turned into a Bed and Breakfast. There might be a ghost, there might be a dead husband, there might be an investigator that she fa
Dele Haynes
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Janet Evanovich never disappoints. She always leaves me laughing out loud at the antics of her characters. She and Charlotte Hughes gives you a mystery to solve in a story that is a good romp.
Annie Fortenberry owns a bed and breakfast in Beaumont SC that was once a Civil War bordello. The B & B comes with a couple of eccentric permanent borders, a soused handiman, a psychic advice columnist, and a ghost. The fun begins when a handsome biker arrives and immediately get cobbler by Annie with
Stephanie Williams
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am an avid reader of Janet Evanovich. Her books never fail to have me actually laughing out loud wherever I'm reading.

If you're not familiar with Evanovich, most notably the author of the Stephanie Plum series, then I insist you go get one of her books and read it NOW. She is hilarious, and her books are loaded with antics, love triangles, and usually a lost body, or two. Lately, I have been in a slump while waiting for the next Stephanie Plum novel so I decided to take a look at some of her o
K.
A very tentative and uncertain 3 stars?? (aka I may change my opinion tomorrow)

I just don't quite know what to make of this book. It's technically the fifth book in the Full series, but in it we switch from Max and Jamie to two characters we've basically never even heard of before. It's total insta-love territory and their entire relationship is built on lies (she thinks he's a photographer when really he's an ex-cop private investigator who was hired by her mother-in-law), and it kind of squick
Cindy
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another fun installment in the "full" series - this one has Max and Jamie as peripheral characters. They are finally getting married and Annie's house is where they've selected to tie the knot. Annie's house was inherited from her grandmother and is now a bed-and-breakfast. She has a few eccentric older ladies living with her and a drunk handyman. Into her life walks Wes - totally handsome (who isn't in these stories) and slightly bad boy. He is a private investigator looking into the disappeara ...more
Amanda
May 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
I didn't really know what I was getting into when I decided to read this. I think I figured this author was very popular and had a million books, so there had to be something good about it. This is not my style of book at all. The dialogue was lame, and the story was unbelievable and predictable all at the same time. It was supposed to be funny, but I found myself only laughing about the ridiculousness. I'm glad I can check this author off my curiosity list.

That being said, I hate giving an auth
Kelly
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
This book was a light read. The authors had a really good story line going and the plot had real potential. I liked the characters and was very interested in their conflict, however towards the end the story seemed rushed. The authors took a lot of time setting everything up and introducing us to the characters. The story leading up to the climax was very well written and kept me wondering what was going to happen next, but it disappointed me. It just seemed like they spent all this time on the ...more
Ida
May 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I began this novel as a result of having just completed a very intense, disturbing true crime novel. I needed the mind candy! "Full Bloom" delivered. It is a fun-filled romp for anyone who wants a quick lighthearted read. Eccentric characters in an eccentric setting dealing with everything-that-can-go-wrong events keep the pace rapid. This book is not going to win any literary awards, but it does entertain.
Cally
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I finished this book this morning and to be quite honest I barley remember it. Nothing made me laugh out loud, the couple didn't seem to belong together and the characters where very bland. I finished reading it only to find out who killed the husband, I didn't think that was very well done either, they seemed to keep tacking things on so they didn't need to wrap it up. All together it was very, very Meh.
Denise
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
If you want a break from the Stephanie Plum series I would recommend the "Full" series. This was book number five (yes, I read it out of order) but can be read as a stand-alone. This is a romance/mystery and it had me guessing to the end as to "who dun it".
Sandy
Aug 09, 2009 rated it did not like it
By far the worst book in the Full series. This time it's a different heroine and hero but it doesn't make it any better. The mystery, dialogue, and characters is lame and pathetic. I don't recommend or suggest this book to anyone. SKIP OVER THIS BOOK! 1/5 stars.
❂ Jennifer
Sep 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Fun and frothy and hilarious. If you liked the rom-com's of the 80's - the ones that tended to star Goldie Hawn, you might enjoy this fast read that's pure chick-lit, with a decent murder mystery thrown in.

Full review: http://jenn.booklikes.com/post/116378...
Sarina
Jan 27, 2009 added it
The full series books are good too, but not as funny as the Stephanie Plum ones. These fall more into the "romance" type books. "Feel good, sappy, girl" books. Not as bad as an official "romance" novel, but definitely the focus is more on the relationships than the story.
Sherry Mancino
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: janet-evanovich
Another silly Evanovich book. I branched out and decided to read something else besides the One for the Money series and enjoyed this book, however the series is still better "in my book".
Hannah
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very good. Really enjoyed it.
Laurie Stoll
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like all of Janet Evanovich's stories, I loved it! I love the light-hearted, laugh out loud style of this author!
Jayne
May 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Disappointing compared to Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series
Anna
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun read! More happened from a different characters point of view vs being from Max and Jaime but it was still a good read. I like Wes he is a little different the some guys!
Connie N.
#5 in the humorous Full series

I'd rate this 3.5 stars, but I rounded it up mostly because of the very funny and entertaining wedding scene at the end. This book is fine, but I didn't like the main character Annie anywhere near as much as I've enjoyed Jamie and Max from the previous books, although they are prominent characters here as well. Wes has come to town to find Annie's husband's killer, although she doesn't know that. She has a hair-trigger temper, although it's described in fun, but it
Lauren
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
yet again another installment that totally jumps characters. At least in this installment we didn't completely forget about Max. I don't understand for the most part how the author can say that this is a series period of the books jump so much that it seems more like a spinoff then a cohesive series. and this installment Annie is trying to move on after her husband disappears supposedly with his mistress. Of course the p i that comes to town falls in love with her and insist that get married. an ...more
Samantha
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the second half of the book in one night. Great read. Full Bloom may have a slightly differently set of cast than the previous 3 Full books, but the novel is just as entertaining as the others. Erdle is quite the character, and I think more of his story would have only added to the craziness of events. It all begins with a mysterious Wes parking his motorcycle at Annie’s B&B and Annie deciding to plant a vegetable garden out back. The true culprit responsible for Annie’s husband’s fat ...more
Beth
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
apparently this is book #5 ... I found it in my Audible Romance Package ...didn't feel I was lost by jumping into the series so ... I love the narrator's voice, going to check out more from this series when i get the chance. Lorelei King. I need to look into her and see what else she does narrator. We have been to several B&B's. such an experience, both different and good. Some better than others ...kind of awkward too. Peach Tree Bed & Breakfast. I look forward to reading more from this ...more
Melanie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I found out that this was not focusing on Billy/Nick or Jamie/Max but another character I was disappointed. The magic with a series that we know the characters and follow them through their adventures. That being said I did enjoy this story with Annie. The house is a bit unbelievable and no one wanting to change it, yet people want to get married, hold luncheons, and baby showers there? I liked Annie and her guests.
Cindy DeLong
Nov 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, part-of-a-series
I love Janet Evanovich books, but I knew within 2 pages that this wasn't the book for me. It started with a psychic reading someone's palm: first strike. Then the main character stated her dislike of men: second strike. Finally, the topic became how good a man was in bed: not interested. I can't say if the plot or writing style were good; I just know that the themes chased me away.
Gail Williams
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like all Janet Evanovich series, the "Full" series is light, romantic & easy reading. I prefer to read series in the order they were written & each book has gotten better. The collaboration has improved in story lines, humor & depth of characters. I'm looking forward to #6.
Debra McEathron
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story has a lot of quirky characters and is a fun read. It's about the owner of a B & B that was a bordello in its heyday and the disappearance of her husband, he had been missing for three years. Of course finding her true love too.
H. Jeanene Lambert
They always get their man, we could all be so lucky!

Very tongue and cheek throughout. I love that in her books! Nothing like a bath and glass of wine and these books to whisk away the world. Thanks!
Bridgewes
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very fun read. Typical sense of humor out of this author. A little different kind of story, but the same old good read. Oh and did I mention my name is Wes Bridge (no “s”) and my wife is Ann (no “E”). Close enough.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #121 - Full Bloom 1 1 Jun 22, 2016 07:30AM
Join in the discussions! 1 15 Apr 30, 2009 01:33PM
  • Foul Play
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Wild at Heart  (The DeMarco Family, #2)
  • Summer Lovin’ (Costas Sisters #2)
  • It's All Greek to Me
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • Bubbles In Trouble (Bubbles Yablonsky, #2)
  • Extracurricular Activities (A Murder 101 Mystery, #2)
  • Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)
  • Devil May Care
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • A Fugitive Truth (An Emma Fielding Mystery #4)

Full (6 books)
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • Full Tilt (Full #2)
  • Full Speed (Full, #3)
  • Full Blast (Full #4)
  • Full Scoop (Full #6)
“Everyone in the room was silent for a moment. Annie stared openmouthed at the man beneath her. So he’d noticed her after all. Her ego moved up a notch. Not that he was her type, mind you. Not that she had a type. But Wes looked, well, he looked a little dangerous, a little rough around the edges. Besides, she’d sworn off men. Still . . . Wes made her feel sort of feminine, like she should go upstairs and put on a pair of panty hose. Not a good sign.” 0 likes