Start by marking “Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8) (Hard to Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8) (Hard to Love, #1)

Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8)

(Bid on Love #8)

Jaci – I’ve made a career out of writing books filled with romance and suspense. My characters are the closest to love that I allow myself to get. It’s not that I’m against dating; it’s just that my previous experience has left me traumatized. I’ve never let my personal life affect my writing, but now that I’m blocked, it seems like the only way to unlock my story is to da ...more
ebook

To ask other readers questions about Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8)

Fotini
Aug 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how to start here.
First of all i give 3 stars. Between you and me if this book was a bit different 10 stars wouldn't be enough. I think whoever did the final draft ( I'm not sure if i use the correct words and I'm really sorry if I don't but that's me with my english) or the final reading of the book they did a quick sloppy job. From all the 30 something chapters there is no flow. Chapter 6 is fine and the 7th for example different. The 9th ok and then it changes again after two ch
Victoria pearce
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story by a talented author. I loved this book and definitely recommend it x
Carmen Baldwin
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One love!

This is a story of Sebastian a bearded tattoo artist that I have to say is covered in tattoos and a biker very hot, his cousin talks him into being in a auction is the start of a great story, I loved it ! Jaci is a beautiful woman that is afraid to love because of a ex, so her twin sister who is worried about her bids on Sebastian for her, I have to say loved Jaci she is a strong woman, that is a author of romances that Sebastian helps her with, you will have to read how hot he helps, b
Brandy Roberts
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a huge fan of Annelise Reynolds and I have to have everything she writes they always become top stories for me and Afraid to love was no different loved everything about it . I really liked the characters they had everything that hooks me into what is going on with the story along with what's to come hoping to see more from the secondary characters there are stories there and I can't wait to see how they unfold . I thought Jaci was a interesting heroine she had me really connect with he ...more
Jacey Jeffrey
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this story!!! I was hooked from the very first page and didn't want to see it end. It was an amazing story full of romance, healing, and lots of steamy hot goodness. I needed a book like this and this author gave me what I needed to read and so much more. I loved Jaci and Sebastian.....their journey towards their forever was a true pleasure to be a part of. I loved everything about their story. Of course after being introduced to the secondary characters I want their stories ...more
Carol Dawn
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was so very good. From the very first chapter...aaaaaalllll the way until the end I was completely enraptured. I loved both main characters. I connected well with both of them and it was so easy to love their story. It's definitely something different. I mean I have read books where the romance starts out by some kind of bidding war but this took it in another direction. It was so sweet. Jaci and Sabastion were the perfect couple without being the "perfect" couple. Bad boys, tatto ...more
SansaReads
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a while since I’ve read a story so unique. I’m not going to lie, there’s always a trope going around and there are few original ones and this was definitely one of them. The characters were oh so perfect. You could relate oh so much as readers. The plot was unique and definitely kept my attention. The hero is mouthwatering delicious and the heroine has a sweetness you can’t get enough of! I am absolutely in love with this treat from Reynolds.
Sam
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was totally awesome. I flew through this story, and never wanted it to end. I have so many passages highlighted that gave me “butterflies” so I can easily find them later. I floved this book, and it will absolutely be read again and again. I can not say enough good things about this book.
Stacy Stewart
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was light-hearted, sweet, funny, and emotional at times. Sebastian and Jaci were perfect for each other but they just had to figure that out for themselves.

One of my favorite lines in the book was,” Remember the past, but don’t let it stop your future--- don’t let it freeze you in place, not anymore.”
Pat Rathmann
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ENTERTAINING ADVENTURE

An interesting story about a tattoo shop owner who is in a bachelor auction for charity. He ends up meeting a very timid woman with huge trust issues who has been hurt in the past. They form an interesting relationship that blossoms into romance. A cute courtship with interesting surprises.
Wendy Hodges
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read and well worth reading, I enjoyed it and it gripped me throughout. I can quite understand the circumstances affecting someone to the point of withdrawing from life and that having a knock on affect on others. Being forced to confront fear can be freeing, bolster confidence and give strength to move on. This story opens your eyes to possibilities. Loved it.
Michelle
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Afraid of Love

I enjoyed this book. The love story is sweet and shows how a big, bad marine and biker can calm the fears of a timid young woman, who has been burned by love in the past. Miss Reynolds provides a story full of surprises you don’t always see coming and makes you yearn for the next book in a series.
karen
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again a traumatic encounter can scar you into adulthood. Jai was finally open to face her fears. Sebastian was sensitive and caring enough to treat her as a queen and nourish her to love and futures together. For a tough Marine and biker who works and plays hard, he is a gentle giant.
I am sorry to seethe series end. I wish Nadine would have gotten her story.
Angie Petray
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love Jaci and Sebastian

Annelise has done it again with this new book!! Everything about Afraid to Love is perfect. Women will be able to relate to Jaci and fall in love with Bas. Annelise definatley knows how to write amazing characters and the hottest, sexiest scenes without going over the top. The book is a must read!!!!
SyLvIa
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-read, 3-assorted
[1.75 star] book is not terrible, it just lacks depth. author should have expanded on the story instead of the "short & sweet" kind of novel. her writing style is pretty okay, if the story have been more developed, the book would have been better.
Amanda Lee
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Sebastian and Jaci. He's a tattoo artist who enters a bachelor auction where he meets Jaci, an author with trust issues. They're so different yet perfect for each other; they're pretty relatable characters. It was well written and intriguing.
Kimber
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Annelise Reynolds is on a roll!! Afraid of Love hooked me from chapter one and didn’t let go until the end!! Sebastian and Jaci's story is about not letting fear keep you from the life you want to live. Great job, Annelise!! I loved their story!!❤
Codie
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afraid of love has everything a girl could want in a romance. It is the perfect cold weather, curl up under a blanket and read book. It left me swooning, happy and captivated. I loved the plot of this book, it is the perfect balance of sweet and funny. Annelise did a brilliant job with this one, it's well written, the characters are everything! I can see this being a go to read.
Anne
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely perfect .

I absolutely loved this book.. giving it 5 stars and would recommend this book to anyone who wants sweet and sexy..
Jennifer Alexander
Enjoyable

First time I’ve read this author and it was a good read. A bit slower paced at the beginning but it picked up midway and held my attention to the end
Lauren
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

This book was super sweet I loved how sweet Sebastian is with Jack and how she adapts to him so quickly!!!
Dana
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story! It is sweet and super hot and I want more! This is the 1st book I have read by this author but definitely won't be the last.
Lauren
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Lori Hammons
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaci and Sebastian's story is amazing. The author's voice does an excellent job at portraying Jaci's fears. I loved Sebastian's patience and understanding. I had a hard time putting the book down.
Krisztina B.
ses
Oct 02, 2018
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2018
I spend my days working, my evenings with my two wonderful kids, and my nights are when the characters in my head are given free reign. The tagline for Phoenix Bar, "Beauty After the Burn", holds special meaning for me and really helped to give birth to the story. Like Phoenix, I've had to rebuild my life from the ashes. It's been a long journey with a roller coaster of emotions and stresses, but ...more

Bid on Love (8 books)
  • Souled (Bid on Love #1)
  • Going, Going, Gone (Bid on Love #2)
  • Joker (Bid on Love #3)
  • A Chance At L.O.V.E.  (Love At Last, #1) (Bid on Love, #4)
  • For Her Amusement (Bid on Love #5)
  • Stab at Love (Bid on Love #6)
  • Bidding on the Bodyguard (Bid on Love #7)