Start by marking “Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)” as Want to Read:
Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)

Oath of Destruction

(Reign of Secrets #5)

Allyssa was raised as royalty. Savenek had been trained as a spy. Allyssa grew up doted on by her parents. Savenek's adoptive father had often shown his love through strict training and discipline. Allyssa died too soon, loved and mourned by her kingdom. Savenek is supposed to take her place, but struggles to win the hearts of the people and parents who don't know him.

When
ebook
Published December 4th 2018 by Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Oath of Destruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oath of Destruction

Start your review of Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
What a great ending to this series. Great characters and world building. The series held me captive throughout and had me anticipating the next book release.

I absolutely love this author's writing and can't wait to read more books by her.
Dee/ bookworm
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-2019
Great ending to the series, sorry to see it end though
Erin McNabb
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic ending

Can't believe I'm all done with the 8 books in this universe. Overall a good ending, of course I would have loved it to be drawn out even more nut all good things must end!
Elisabeth Wheatley
I love this series and I love this author. There are only two or three living authors that can get me to hit “download” just by virtue of their name and Jennifer is one of them. This is a wonderful middle grade/lower YA series. I’d feel comfortable reading it out loud to my family, but also enjoy the reading myself. Highly recommended!

The plot:

Quick, to the point, and set to a relentless pace, this story doesn’t give you any time to get bored. Interspersed with sweet moments, sarcasm, and banter
Vixen
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well.... it’s finally happened.

I’ve finished this series

I’m definitely going to miss the characters and miss looking forward to reading about them.

This book of the series was good and did tie many ends together however I do want another one or a spinoff...

(view spoiler)
Corine
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy

This wasn't my favorite of the series, but I thought it was a great ending. The first 50% I had a tough time staying focused, but then Kerdan showed up and I flew through the second half of the book.

Kerdan and Allyssa together were absolute perfection. They have the kind of love that I love to read about. It wasn't just lust or any kind of instalove; instead their relationship is built on friendship, respect and understanding of one another. And that is something I can 100% get behind.
Ashlyn
*sighs happily and closes eyes*
Perfect. Just perfect. I loved every second of this book. Knowing that Allyssa's perspective would come back made me eager to keep reading! It started out with Savenek's new life in the castle and hearing about Allyssa and the war from inside. Once Allyssa came back, all would seem well, but no! There's more to it! Intrigue, betrayal, and assassination attempts are just the few elements of this conclusion to an amazing series.
Allyssa and Savenek's brother/sister re
Valery
Aug 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Started out feeling like the first three books, then sort of petered out. The ending felt anticlimactic and a little too predictable. I hated how she is suddenly okay with murder and assassination. Shouldn't she be above that? I get that she was tortured, but she just stooped to their level, which was annoying.
And yes, her brother is supposedly an assassin, but it still irritated me that he had no qualms about shoving poison down the guys throat. Not even a smidgen of regret or discourse as to
Lauren Renee
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books are never long enough for me 😭 they are action packed and never drawn out but I always want more! I love Jennifer's books, this one is no exception. I love Allysa and Kerdan. I love the relationship between Savenek and Allysa and how it forms so quickly. I'm sad to see their story end but it was a good series. I always seem to actually laugh out loud when I read Jennifer's books. Especially at Kerdans way of being straight forward. And the many awkward moments are pretty funny too. A g ...more
Limecello
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Maybe it was my mood, maybe it was that I read it from like 3-5 AM ...
but I was disappointed. I didn't like all the what I felt to be recap.
I can't remember now when she appeared but Allyssa doesn't appear until pretty far in - I want to say like 25%? maybe? But can't remember.
And then Kerdan doesn't show up until MUCH later although he and Allyssa are definitely my favorite/they're why I was into this series and I was hoping it'd be so much more them in this book but ... no Allyssa (view spoile
Karyl Davide
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unforgettables
There are nothing I'd ask for a perfect ending, and this is just PERFECT!

Allyssa and Kerdan together again. And my heart just can't handle the steamy romance!

Savenek is such a gem and I'd want to put him in my pocket lol

I just love all the characters' development and relationship with each other. Though some never had the chance to fully redeem themselves, the others progressed wonderfully. Making it the key to where they are now.
Living happily.
Bullman
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series ended well

Once again the characters did not disappoint. I only wish (as I've mentioned in the other book reviews for this series) that the verbiage would fit the (assumed) time period and a bit of the writing would have been tighter and didn't leave me asking a question about why the change in perspective. I would recommend this series and consider it a good solid series but just missed 5 stars.
Shelby Hayes
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so sad to see this series end

Jennifer Anne Davis is one of my favorite authors! This series is absolutely amazing! The characters, the settings, the plot twist. It's a story that will keep you engaged from the first series "True Reign". I can't wait to see what she gives us next.
Chelsie Reid
I think this was an excellent conclusion to this awesome story. I feel that the chemistry between the characters and their significant others was both humorous and romantic. I also enjoyed the action in the story. I feel that it was nice to see the siblings interact with each other I thought that this was such a wonderful book. My one request is that she continues this epic story.😍
Robert E. Anderson
One of my favorite series.

This series had my emotions up and down through the whole series. It was like living the story myself. Each book was better than the last. Hopefully Jennifer will start another series soon. She will have a bit to top this though. When I started the series I had no clue that it would end like it did.
Swati
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the ending

OMG! This is one of those amazing books that is a brilliant ending. I am sure that the ending will stay with me for a long time. Karden lit up every scene he was in and the romance was beautiful. I also loved how they showed strong brother-sister bond, the regret that Omar feels. It’s a very believable fantasy and you almost feel like you are there! 😁
Sharon
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Heartwarming Fantasy/Adventure

The relationships in this book are what I found so compelling. Each character is written in realistic and multidimensional fashion; they are believable. Their interaction with each other draws you into the story so well, you feel as though you belong.
Maricel
Jan 21, 2019 is currently reading it
is it me or just my imagination...but i keep seeing uthred's face (from the tv series 'the last kingdom') in kerdan-they seem to have the same attitude and personality. i am not done yet with the book but i can't help myself...it's bugging me and i'm not sure yet if i like it or not.
Jasmine
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The final book to one of my favorite series. My love for the main characters deepens with appropriate levels of suspense, intrigue and big emotions that make this boom a fun, quick read. It makes me want to reread the series again.
Estien Slabbert
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad its over...

These books were not like those decadent deserts, they were ice cream and brownies! I devoured them one after the other! What a fun read!
Claudia Micallef
Great wrap up

Good ending to an exciting and easy to read saga. Characters well developed and story line is good. More books like this please!
Nicole
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending and I’m sad it’s over! Hopefully there is a spin off series in the future.
Shannon Heck
Decent

Not my favorite of the series, but it ended on a happy note and everything was nicely wrapped up. Maybe there will be another spin off series!
Vanessa
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying

I am in love with this whole series. I highly recommend them all! Start with The Key you can’t go wrong with Jennifer Anne Davis.
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An end

The final book in the series did not disappoint. It was full of intrigue, surprises, romance, sibling rivalry and a great ending. Well done.
Ivusha (Tenebien)
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
It's exactly the same as the previous book in this series. But I enjoyed the read despite the book's flaws, so it's not just a 1 star reading...
GabriellaS
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome end

I’ve read the entire series. All are page turners. This end was bittersweet because there won’t be any more stories in this series. :(
Kaka_shi
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
By far the best book in the series.
Leah Alvord
This is it. The finale.

It is everything I wanted, to be honest.

There's more Allyssa and Kerdan. We see more of Savenek fitting into his role. There are more encounters with Mayra. The BEST encounters with Neco. And the development of a family as it absorbs its missing piece.

And when you're not fangirling over the characters, the book manages to do a great job of wrapping up the plot line as well.

Everyone has a comeuppance. And the royal family of Emperion is not above aiding in the endeavor.
Carol Edholm
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Excellent ending to this series. Great descriptions to make the reader feel as if you are actually there, living the story. Characters well developed. Romance, betrayal, loyalty, everything is there for an excellent suspenseful, fast moving story. Could not put it down and go to bed until I finished!

• Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • A Knife of Oblivion (The Kingmakers' War, #8)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • A Reign of Thieves (the Kingmakers' War, #7)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • A Court of Lies (The Kingmakers' War, #6)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • Glass Princess (Fantasy and Fairytales, #5)
  • War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #3)
  • A Traitor at the Stone Court (Empire of Talents, #3)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles #2)
  • Glass Kingdom (Fantasy and Fairytales, #4)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga #1)
  • Golden Crown (Fantasy and Fairytales, #3)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

V

Reign of Secrets (5 books)
  • Cage of Deceit (Reign of Secrets, #1)
  • Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, #2)
  • Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)
  • Oath of Deception (Reign of Secrets, #4)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...