Start by marking “Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?” as Want to Read:
Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?

Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?

Who says you have to sit still at story time? This book encourages toddlers and preschoolers to shimmy, shake, and stomp along with a story that's both fun and filled with layers of learning!

Who has wiggle-waggle toes? I do. Who has flip-flop feet? I do!

The girls and boys in this book have kissable noses, out-there elbows, big bold bottoms, and hokey pokey heads--which
Published January 15th 2019 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?

Start your review of Who Has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?
Stefanie
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Great movement picture book for Sing & Stomp.
Tracy Morton
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book would work for a really young audience. There is very little dialogue and very simple instructions for moving your body.
The Library Lady
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of call and response style action, engaging pictures and a multicultural cast would make this a perfect story time book.
Mary
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is good for teachers who work with early childhood children. The book can use to teach children body parts such as nose, kneels, and many other. It is repetition and the children can join in the reading.
Richie Partington
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
Richie’s Picks: WHO HAS WIGGLE-WAGGLE TOES? by Vicky Shiefman and Francesca Chessa, ill., Holiday House, January 2019, 40p., ISBN: 978-0-8234-3864-8

“Who has wiggle-waggle toes?
I do.
Who has flip-flop feet?
I do.”

The highlight of my long-ago coursework in early childhood education was a class in Music and Movement. There is such joy in participating in, and sharing, new and traditional songs, dances, and fingerplays with young children who are developing their gross motor and fine motor skills.

I
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
May 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-recommended
Who has Wiggle-Waggle Toes?By Vicky Shiefman and Illustrated by Francesca Chessa. PICTURE BOOK. Holiday House, 2018. $18. 9780823438648

BUYING ADVISORY: EL(K-3) –NOT RECOMMENDED

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

This book is a body part “call and answer style” read-a-loud. It has toes, hands, heads, ect. So an example would be “who has peekaboo hands?” and the listeners would yell “I Do”. It features simple illustrations of round headed children showing off the aforementioned parts.

Although I like the idea
Barbara
In the same way that "The Hokey Pokey" gets youngsters up out of their seats and moving around, this picture book will have them moving all parts of their bodies. Rendered in colored pencil, watercolors, and with some reliance on digital tools, the illustrations feature abundant white space and lively children who have "knockabout knees," "out-there elbows," and even a"big bold bottom." After finding out which children have these physical elements, the children are asked to manipulate them in ...more
Kelsey
Age: Infant-Toddler
Body: All

This book was just...meh. So many other great read-aloud body books out there like Toesy Toes, Ten Little Toes Two Small Feet, From Head to Toe, and We've All Got Bellybuttons. The writing was straightforward and the illustration style muted the skin color diversity.
Teresa Bateman
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine a parent and child, or a group of preschoolers and a librarian, rejoicing in toes, knees, bottoms, elbows, hands, and noses. Now imagine them being encouraged to move them. Yes, this is a dandy book that shouts for group movement, with bright and bouncy illustrations and joyful and inviting text. What fun!
Super interactive book along the lines of Carle's From Head to Toe/i>, this one has a diverse cast of kids in the illustrations who all seem to be having a good time as they move and shake and wiggle according to the text. There's no real story line, so this is better for toddlers than for preschoolers, but still a lot of fun.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Very fun, active book that would work great for my toddler storytime group. It's one of those books that is automatically interactive (having you wiggle toes/head/knees, etc) like Eric Carle's From Head to Toe. Definitely showing this to my storyteller crew.
Juliana Lee
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, get up and move, picture book! Call and Response. Who has.... I do! After all the body parts are accounted for, the call and response progresses to more action. Can you.... Yes, I can....!
Fun activity book for preschoolers.
mg
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, 2019, play
Cute...though a little long for the toddler age it seems to be aimed at. I could see reading through the first half of it with a toddler story time, though.

Also, I love the child in the wheelchair - but why aren't they included in the final group spread? Seemed a bit like token inclusivity....
Angela
Perfect for getting the wiggles out, this picture book encourages kids to get up and move the different parts of their bodies. Fun and silly actions abound, from crinkling your nose to shimmying your bottom. I like the closing message - that you are perfect and lovable from head to toe!
Dylan Teut
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great alternative to the videos when students need to move around a bit.
Emily
Dec 27, 2019 added it
Shelves: storytime
baby story time, movement
Amanda
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Want to try this for a storytime and see how it goes. Looks super cute.
Kelly
I think this would be a good storytime book for children with the wiggles.
Trish
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect book for toddler time or story time. It has rhythm, rhyme, and fun words - all to get children to identify body parts and move them.
ReadingWench
This book was a great read-a-loud for my kids at school. It got them moving and having fun at the same time. I also loved the diversity in the kids in the illustrations.
Katrina Clohessy
Encourages kids to do different motions throughout the book, like hiding hands or shaking heads. Might be good for storytime. 30 pages
Elisabeth
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of storytime potential
Anthony
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
An interactive book with a call and response theme that teaches children their body parts, and allows them to shimmy, shake, and wiggle as they learn.
pati
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do! I do! Great call-and-response book for story time!
Owen
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute, rhyming
Susan
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
movement storytime
Melissa
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun action book. "Who has a big bold bottom? I do...Can you shimmy your big bold bottom? Yes, I can shimmy my big bold bottom."
Emily Green
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bug loves this silly book. Kids are asked if they have wiggle-waggle toes, flip-flop feet and other wacky body parts. She memorized this one quickly.
Annese
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This seems like a fun book to include in toddler storytime. It is borderline too syrupy sweet for my taste, but cute nonetheless.
Brenda Lower
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun little book that talks about different actions connected to body parts. Slightly repetitive, but might fun to do.

• Because