Start by marking “The Chariot at Dusk (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Chariot at Dusk (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #3)

The Chariot at Dusk

(The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy #3)

A queen at last. An empty palace. A kingdom to save.

Esha is reeling from Kunal’s betrayal, but she has a kingdom to rule from behind a thin smokescreen—pretending to be Princess Reha while she sends her most trusted soldiers to collect Reha and Kunal by any means necessary. Traitors, after all, must be punished.

But the Yavar are attacking from every front—tracking down Kun
Published June 29th 2021 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Chariot at Dusk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chariot at Dusk

Start your review of The Chariot at Dusk (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #3)
mads
"Even when the Viper had been all the world had seen, Kunal had seen Esha.
He had fought for Esha."

I can't believe this series is actually over now. It's a bittersweet feeling. I've grown extremely attached to these characters and I already miss them, but I'm excited to see what Swati Teerdhala does next.

As for this installment, I can't pretend I don't have mixed feelings about it. Particularly the first 60%, which felt more like a bridge book than the first half of the series finale. I'd already
Fanna
Apr 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
October 08, 2020: THE COVER!!! Ah, and the fact that the colors on it are so bright and align so well with my Instagram theme is something none of you care about but hehe, I really wanted to mention that.

July 07, 2020: When was this title added??? I mean, I LOVE everything that is and would be associated with this trilogy so the title is G R E A T but what about mangoes...why were they not given the spotlight they deserve huh. JK, can't wait to read this!

No, I still haven't read The Archer at D
aashna
Aug 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: desi, 2021
this was such a satisfying ending and so ANGSTY i loved it

edit: there were some plot holes that i wish would have been closed up but it was so fun to read so i'm not decreasing my rating 🤞🏽
anna ✩
Aug 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!

Such a good ending to the trilogy - filled with angst, emotion, politics, magic, and adventure.

This has become one of my favourite trilogies and I highly recommend everyone read it.
Sahitya
Another desi fantasy trilogy comes to an end. I probably don’t consider this series to be one of my all time favorites, but I can’t deny it’s been fun to read so far, so I was pretty interested to see how it was gonna end.

I’m not exactly sure what I’m feeling after finishing the book. I don’t think it’s disappointment, because I didn’t go in with much expectations in the first place. But I guess I still wanted more, and it just ended up being ok. The plot was just interesting enough, pacing qui
Karina *kari_reads*
Noo... Why? 😭😭 I am so disappointed with this book. I'm so sad right now because the first book is one of my favorite books but unfortunately every sequel has been less and less good. 😭
I wanted to love this book. But the whole plot felt absolutely pointless. Everything the characters did was pointless. They were spinning in circles over and over. The ending was soooo anticlimactic and rushed and let a lot of things unanswered.
But what bothered me the most was that I didn't get that amazing angs
senna
Jun 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: v-enjoyable
*possible spoilers*

i’m.. a little disappointed with this ending 😭 idk the pacing was so weird because it was rushed but nothing really happens at the same time? and then everything is so easy? and i feel like there was so much going on that there should’ve been a fourth book to drag things out a little. also , in terms of setting, i feel like they didn’t go anywhere? even when they did? idk that was weird too.

and as much as i love esha and kunal this book for them… it wasn’t it 😩 i’m soooo sad 😩
Ayushi (bookwormbullet)
I can’t believe one of my favorite fantasy trilogies is over--I feel so empty now LOL

The Tiger At Midnight trilogy holds such a special place in my heart as one of my favorite South Asian-inpsired fantasies. Swati Teerdhala’s writing, characters, and world-building is so addicting and it’s honestly such an amazing debut series. The series had such a satisfying end with The Chariot At Dusk, especially after everything that our characters went through in the previous two books.

One of my favorite
Savannah (forest_reader)
This book…was just boring. I honestly couldn’t really tell you what happened except for the very basic plot points. Literally nothing much happened outside of a library and a meeting room, and the romance was non-existent. And the ending was such a letdown after a whole trilogy with these characters. It felt rushed, but in a slow, boring sort of way. Idk. I gave 5 stars to the first two books, but I think this third book could have been easily absorbed into the second book to make it a duology. ...more
Lulai
Aug 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was a nice reading, this last book is full of angst and surprises. I really enjoy it.
USOM
Sep 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Chariot at Dusk is a heart stopping finale. Combining the action from The Tiger at Midnight with the more introspective questions from The Archer at Dawn, this finale is a great ending. My question at the beginning was wondering if love could prevail. But as I kept reading, I realized The Chariot at Dusk is more about forgiveness and moving forwards. With choices that leave us hollow, how do we deal with the consequences of our actions?

I will say that the pacing felt a bit hasty towards the
tasnim♥️
Jul 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️ this book series RUINED ME, a win for ya fantasy.
(ignore my sh*t grammar, it’s late)

dare i say the best pacing in a ya fantasy— period. One of the few ya fantasy books that actually takes the time to develop a relationship between the two protagonists where it doesn’t seem insta-lovey and does not take anything away from the plot.

Both characters have very different moral compasses and I appreciated how the story really explored how they could still come together, (throughout ALL 3 BOOK
Mothman
Conflicted on this one. I liked the overall story, but I felt like Esha and Kunal's feud went on for far too long and was resolved too quickly. Esha was almost insufferable for me most of the book; I just wanted to shake sense into her.

I found the love triangle annoying in this installment too. Previously, it hadn't bothered me! But it just felt unnecessary here, and I think Harun deserves better. He really grew on my over the course of the series.

I know this review sounds negative, but I reall
Olivia
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
See my full review here: https://www.yabookscentral.com/yafict...

THE CHARIOT AT DUSK is a solid conclusion to an engaging YA fantasy series. Esha is holding the country together by posing as Reha, the lost queen, while her people search for her and Kunal. She is ruling as best she knows how, but it is difficult when the land is still suffering from the loss of magic. Kunal and Reha are in a rush to get to the temple to try to fix the janma bond before it is too late. In the decade since the rene
Fedythereader
Sep 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"A good businessperson must always know where the power lay in a a room, and if he didn't, it was his duty to figure it out"

"She hated hearing his name. Hated what it did to her"

"The sun and the moon waited for no mortal"

We never truly figure out how much we grow fond to some characters and some stories until the very end, when it's all over and we have to say goodbye.
Reading this trilogy has been an amazing experience I'll never forget and , at the same time, I wish I could live again for the f
Madhumita
Sep 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
I'm a bit disappointed by this series. I absolutely loved the first book- it was action packed and I loved the chemistry between Kunal and Esha. However, I had issues with the second book's slow pacing and lack of chemistry between the characters and I had the same feelings for the third one. There was way too much introduction? I'm not really sure how to describe it, but it was more like build up rather than actual plot. It didn't really feel like a conclusion novel for the trilogy.

As for the c
Renu Ruggiero
Sep 06, 2022 rated it really liked it
This trilogy started off with a bang, full of magic, mystery, adventure, romance, you name it. The pace was incredibly exciting and the characters mystical. Loved it.

The second book took a little more energy and concentration to get through making it seem a bit of a challenge due to it’s monotonous stretch . There were some exciting bits though, so I am glad I stuck to it. I think the narrator did a marvellous job in holding my interest with her ever so colourful voice.

The third book took a bi
Alexiani G
Dec 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
This book was okay. I still liked the same things from the previous books, the characters, the story, the funny moments. But the thing that the second and first book have is a straight line with the plot, every character there was on a mission, they had something to do and after that they did something different, in other words, they moved forward. The plot here is to fix the bond with the gods and they try and fail so many times that it takes the whole book and more than 4 attempts for them to ...more
Sadie S
Oct 16, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-to-read
This cover is gorgeous!!!!
Catherine
Jul 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the surprising and generous ending to this trilogy.
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Rating* 4.0
*Genre* Young Adult / Fantasy

*Thoughts*

The Chariot at Dusk, by author Swati Teerdhala, is the third and final installment in the authors Tiger at Midnight trilogy. Drawing inspiration from ancient Indian history and Hindu mythology, Teerdhala creates a fresh, layered world that is vivid and compelling. The destroyed janma bond, an essential element of the land that was broken by the division of the regions during the violence, demonstrates how the health of the land i
Che is Currently not Reading
3.5 Stars
Andee
Mar 14, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zzz-2022, 2022-march
3.5, rounded up
hailey:・゚✧
WOW. I'm actually kind of sad this series ended, but the ending was so good and heart warming. I laughed, smiled, and almost cried throughout this book and I wish i could go back in time and read it again. Ugh. 4.5/5⭐️ ...more
Alex
Aug 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-read, reviewed
i have no idea what i just read

wait but actually cannot remember a single thing about what i just read except that esha was annoying about the love triangle and dramatic about forgiving kunal, the ending felt rushed, and there were a lot of unanswered details. (view spoiler)
Winterstar
Jan 09, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy
The story begins with Kunal off with Reha to try to save their land. Meanwhile Esha stuck trying to save her prince, keep the land together and chase down a rogue pretender king.

Fortunately, this book doesn't suffer as greatly as the first two with action sequences that don't quite make sense. It just has a few illogical points that aren't really cleared up, such as how someone who can fly travels at the same speed as someone on horseback. Generally flying is faster, but somehow the two entitie
Allysa
Sep 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is one of my favorite trilogies. Kunal, Esha, Harun and the Blades are great characters and a solid chosen family. While this was a mostly satisfying conclusion, there were a few areas of complaint.
The great:
Kunal - watching his growth from solider to prince, from unquestioning loyalty to figuring out and doing what's right, was great character growth and development. His ability to reevaluate and make decisions for the best of everyone and for the future he wants, make him such an appealin
nitya
Nov 25, 2022 rated it really liked it
duuuude kunal and esha make my brain go BRRR like. i get the complaints of how their tension gets resolved too quickly, but personally i don't particularly see it. i think it's really poignant how it takes the same number of pages for them to make up that it did for them to fall in love in the first place. i love how esha keeps trying to make a distinction between herself and the viper, but kunal never sees it that way, and in fact sees through when she's trying to justify something with her alt ...more
Muskan Gupta
Tim
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"We're all the same. We're all of the gods. Of creation."

The Chariot at Dusk is the third, final, and shortest book of the The Tiger at Midnight trilogy - oh, how I do love those titles.

The world and the characters are still just as fine as before, but it must be said that the story itself never really reaches the high points of Book 1, mainly due to the fact that the chemistry between Esha and Kunal has disappeared and they're both acting rather annoying at times. The addition of Reha is a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Red Rising (Red Rising Saga, #1)
  • London Triptych
  • Deep Magic August 2017
  • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • An Enchantment of Ravens
  • The School For Good and Evil: The Ever Never Handbook
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years #1)
  • One True King (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #3)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
  • Riden's Chapter (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1.5)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Sky in the Deep (Sky and Sea, #1)
  • The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)
  • Forged in Fire and Stars (Loresmith, #1)
Swati Teerdhala is a storyteller and writer.

After graduating from the University of Virginia with a B.S. in Finance and History, she tumbled into the marketing side of the technology industry. She’s passionate about many things, including how to make a proper cup of chai, the right ratio of curd-to-crust in a lemon tart, and diverse representation in the stories we tell.

She currently lives in New

The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Archer at Dawn (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #2)