Start by marking “Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)” as Want to Read:
Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)

Storm and Fury

(The Harbinger #1)

Eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow may be going blind, but she can see and communicate with ghosts and spirits. Her unique gift is part of a secret so dangerous that she’s been in hiding for years in an isolated compound fiercely guarded by Wardens—gargoyle shape-shifters who protect humankind from demons. If the demons discover the truth about Trinity, they’ll devour her, f ...more
Published June 11th 2019 by Inkyard Press

To ask other readers questions about Storm and Fury, please sign up.
Yara I agree, though it's a spin-off series, the other ones aren't needed. I didn't realize it was a spin-off till after I finished reading it and a friend…moreI agree, though it's a spin-off series, the other ones aren't needed. I didn't realize it was a spin-off till after I finished reading it and a friend told me.(less)
Tayla Botha Hi!

Lux is a different series altogether about Aliens - Such a good series!!!
Dark Elements series is the series that prequels Storm and Fury. There…more
Hi!

Lux is a different series altogether about Aliens - Such a good series!!!
Dark Elements series is the series that prequels Storm and Fury. There are three books in the series which should be read before Storm and Fury so that you know about Zayne, where he comes from etc :) (less)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

OMG!!

I love this book soooo much!! I already have the hardback preordered!

Trinity is something very special and she’s living with the gargoyles so they can keep her safe and hidden. Misha is bonded to her as her guardian/protector.

Some bad things start happening and another clan comes for a visit to ask for help. There is something out there killing the Wardens/Gargoyles and demons.

Zayne is with the group that comes to visit and try to figure things out. Zayne, swoon! Anyhoo!

As we know alwa
Miranda Reads
Apr 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
Everything about this book draws me in - definitely one of my most anticipated reads of 2019!
jessica
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
thank goodness for JLA, is all im saying, because her stories give me life.

and this is the second time where im pretty sure ive enjoyed the spin-off book more than the original series, so i dont think its an isolated incident. it could be because the spin-offs have been released nearly a decade after the original series, so JLA has really come into her writing, or i just happen to prefer the minor characters, who knows? but im not complaining!

i will say, i wasnt really a fan of zayne before, bu
Hilly
Jun 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
Update #2

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO WHOEVER DECIDED TO MAKE THAT THE COVER OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE WE ARE GETTING AN AMAZING COVER WITHOUT FACES OR NUDES ON IT! 😍

Update #1

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. I CAN’T.

THE SNIPPETS ARE AMAZING AND I ALREADY LOVE THE NEW MAIN CHARACTER. ALSO FINALLY ZAYNE CAN GET HIS HAPPY ENDING AND I AM SO READY FOR THAT!

Fingers crossed for the cover. Please please please don’t be corny.
Angelica
I've always wondered how it was that Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote so many books. I have yet another ARC of hers waiting to be read this year. The woman seriously publishes like three books per year, meanwhile, I've had the same novel idea in my head for four years now and I still haven't finished writing it!

But oh well, let's get to the review!

As always, I have no idea how I felt about this book. I think that's a trend for me at this point. Did I love it? Was it ok and nothing more? Was it predi
sandeep
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5/5 Stars

"You want to be wanted, and there's nothing wrong with that, Trin. Not at all."

Storm and Fury is the first installment in The Dark Elements spin-off series. The story follows eighteen-year-old Trinity Marrow who has the ability to communicate with ghost and spirits. Her unique gift is a secret so dangerous that she's been in hiding for years in an isolated compound guarded by Wardens, who are gargoyle shapeshifters that protect humankind from demons. If demons or other Wardens were to d
Candace Robinson
I loved being back in this world. Yes, this is a spinoff series but I highly recommend reading the other trilogy! You know what the best thing in the world is? Gargoyles!

Okay, so I'm going to start out and say I did not like this one as much as the first trilogy! While I didn't love it, I definitely liked it, though! This book is pretty big, like 535 pages! I think if the first half had been cut about 100 - 150 pages it would have helped because things really get going in the second half!

Another
Monica
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Although I am not a fan of insta-love and teen romance, this story/world was extremely well written!

Even though this was the start of a spin off series I have not read, I was truly invested in the characters and their lives. The conclusion was action packed and one of the most surprising I've read in the YA fantasy genre. Due to a few isolated erotic scenes, I recommend for YA readers, 14+.

*Thanks to Netgalley and publishers for this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Berit☀️✨
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
🅛🅞🅥🅔 🅜🅔 🅢🅞🅜🅔 🅙🅔🅝🅝🅘🅕🅔🅡 🅛 🅐🅡🅜🅔🅝🅣🅡🅞🅤🅣

WOW! It has been a while since I’ve read a JLA book and it was so amazing to revisit her books and this world. This is the first book in this series a spinoff from the Dark Elements series. I read and loved that series, but I don’t believe you need to read it to enjoy this book. This book was packed full of action, romance, Snark, and steam. Trinity the female protagonist was smart, sassy, strong, and savvy. The male protagonist Zane was well HOT... OK well he
☽ TheBibliotheque
“Do you want to see the stars?” Zayne asked, and I nodded emphatically, knowing what he meant, and when he took my hand, I folded my fingers over his like I had the day I’d left the community. I felt him begin to shift, his skin hardening under mine. “Then hold on tight, Trin. I’m going to get us as close as we can go.”

Storm and Fury, or judging by how this book destroyed me, Storm and all the FEELS.

description

Listen, I was anticipating this book like one awaits the rain after a hot and dry Summer. And I
Yodamom
Demons, Angels, Ghosts, Witches and Gargoyles oh my.
I loved it ! Was it really over 500 pages ? It felt short, I was left wanting more. Sure I missed sleep and maybe a couple social functions so I could stay home and read. Don't judge it was so good. Action packed, heartwarming, heartbreaking, sexy, and interesting. The world created was unique, an slowly unraveled, no info dumping :D. It's basically about Wardens (Gargoyles), and others who protect our world from demons. When the demons get te
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Well ladies and gents, this was a book I ran to the bookstore on my lunch break on release day to purchase. Basically, one of my most anticipated books of 2019. And while I enjoyed it, it did not live up to my expectations.

Zayne was the character I was rooting for in The Dark Elements series, and when he not only lost the girl but became a completely different character, I was very mad at JLA for that because I felt he deserved more. Flash forward to now.... and I didn't really get th
Jasmine
***May contain spoilers for The Dark Elements trilogy.***

***Actual Rating: 5/5 Rewriting Stars***

”I’m guessing the sky is full of stars?”
“It is, but the only ones that matter are the ones you see.”

Awww, my HEART! *trying very hard to calm down right now*

To begin with, The Harbinger series is the spin-off series of The Dark Elements trilogy, published almost five years ago, and Storm and Fury is its first instalment. Before we dive right into the this book, let me present you with a recap o
Monika Sadowski
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Jennifer L. Armentrout and definitely not the last one. What a great story, with a lot of secrets, Demons, Angels, Ghosts, Witches, Gargoyles and romance. Trinity is very likable character and I want to read more about her. Storm and Fury is the first book in the spinoff series of The Dark Elements. Overall, reading was easy and pleasurable.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin Teen and Inkyard Press for a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
megs_bookrack
Gargoyle shape-shifters protecting humans from demons.

Thank you so much, Harlequin TEEN!
I cannot wait to dive into this a little early.
Meghan
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

People who love Cassandra Clare's novels will probably enjoy this book. I'm just looking for something different.

DNF- 20%

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion, but Storm and Fury just wasn't for me. I was super excited for this book. The summary made it sound so awesome. However, I got 20% in and the entire time I was getting The Mortal Instruments and The Dark Artifices vibe: warriors that exist in secret communitie
Parvani
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Sassy. Addicting. B-E-A-utiful
This was hands-down the best work of JLA yet. I'm blown away by how fascinating a read this turned out to be. I look to JLA when I need a read to be entertaining, but this? This was near-perfection. This is another of those spin-offs that was so well developed in terms of character arcs and plot; JLA was a queen of keeping the plot simple, easily followable, there were times when her writing was interesting and yet I didn't find it notable or other-worldly.
But here
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was not ready... I repeat... I was not ready, not prepared for this book to destroy my mind and my body because of Zayne... GIVE ME MORE JENNIFER!

ARC kindly provided by the publicist, in exchange for an honest review...

BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I read The Problem with Forever and loved it. I always wanted to get into Jennifer L. Armentrout's more popular series. Well I finally took the plunge with this spin-off series from The Dark Elements series. I didn't realize this was a paranormal romance series but it sure ended up being a wild ride...

I actually don't get the title... Storm and Fury doesn't really make sense?! And I'm not sure I even get the teal feather wing on the cove
Hollis
I need to get one thing off my chest before delving into this review. Some readers don't mind picking up a spinoff if there's little to no character overlap (though, honestly, how can you really know beyond the fact that the leads are different?) but I am not that kind of reader. I like context. I thrive off it. I like references that harken back to previous events, I love cameos, etc, particularly when it's a world that relies on context or worldbuilding; so sometimes I can roll with it if it's ...more
Carrie
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the first book of the new young adult romantic paranormal fantasy The Harbinger series. Now, while this is a start to a whole new series it is not the first time readers have visited the world within as this one is a spin off to the author’s Dark Elements series. One would probably be curious how this new series would work if you haven’t read the older series and it’s safe for me to say it read fine as this is actually the first book ever by Jennifer L ...more
Corina
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
So because this was my first book by JLA, and coming into her style without having read anything else by her I didn’t really see what the fuss was all about. But I was probably the wrong audience.

Overall the book was well written, a bit juvenile at times, but it’s a YA, so that can be expected. But nevertheless it was entertaining.

Unfortunately there were a couple things that didn’t mesh with me. It started with quite a few aspects that were too easily explained, actually often there wasn’t even
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Harlequin TEEN)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trinity Marrow is an 18 yr. old girl who has unique gifts and has been kept separate from the outside world for her protection. She's lived sheltered in a compound since she was a young child where she's been raised by Wardens, who are shape shifting gargoyles that were trained to protect humans and fight demons. They were practically indestructible, and were bred to withstand the fiercest of battles. Most had no clue what they were hiding, and were wil
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored Armentrout's Dark Elements trilogy and when I saw that she was releasing a new book set in the same world of the Wardens, I knew it was something I had to try.

I'm so excited that Armentrout decided to resurrect this series. It really is so much fun and truly completely unique.

Not only do we get a continuation of the series but this time with a new unique character but, we get to see many old favorites as well.

It couldn't have been any more fun if it tried.

I loved every secon
Adah Udechukwu
Jun 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn't enjoy Storm and Fury. The plot is off. The language used in the novel is so teen oriented and annoying. The elements of romance in the novel is also cheesy.
Storm and Fury was a total let down.
Alaina
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Storm and Fury is, and was, one of those books that I just had to have! I was so happy when I got the approval email from NetGalley but I did end up hesitating diving into it. As to why? Well, I had a crap ton of other ARCs I needed to dive into because I was definitely slacking in that department. Luckily for me, I have definitely stopped slacking and have been pretty good at reading ARCs now. Woohoo!!

In this book, you will mee
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a nice surprise for fans of the Element series!!
Azrah
Jun 01, 2018 marked it as crushing-that-tbr-2019
Shelves: 2019-release
Y'all won't even believe how excited I am for this after waiting so many years! My baby Zayne is finally getting his story. *sheds a tear*

24 Oct, 2018
WE HAVE A COVER! AND ITS NOT THE CORNY KIND! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU COVER PEOPLE FOR FINALLY GIVING JLA A PROPER COVER!!
CRY

1 June, 2018
I'M CRYING

JLA: "BENEATH THE SKIN is a YA paranormal/urban fantasy that comes out in Summer 2019. You're going to recognize these characters, because it continues the w
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 “easy read” stars

Bullet point review as I am way behind on writing them!

-I haven’t read the other books in this series/universe but I had no difficulties to catch up! The world of the Wardens (Gargoyles) was explained with enough details throughout the book that I could fall into it happily.

-I liked reading the book as it’s kind of addictive and I stayed on my couch just the whole afternoon because I wanted to know how it would end.

-This is not a stand-alone or I’d be rather dissatisfied w
Vilma Iris
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!! Review to come!

• The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)
  • In Another Life
  • Soul in Darkness
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Untitled
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • Malice
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Lovely and the Lost
  • My Life for Yours (Crawford, #3)
  • Munro (Immortals After Dark, #19)
  • War of the Bastards (Royal Bastards, #3)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Midnight Beauties (Grim Lovelies, #2)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo
“You’re hard to talk to,” Zayne said after a moment.
Offended, I glared at him. “No, I’m not.”
“Okay, let me rephrase that. You’re argumentative.”
“No, I’m not.”
Zayne stared at me, as if me arguing with him just then was proof enough of what he claimed.
It was sort of proof of what he claimed, and that irritated me.”
7 likes
“What are you going to do if it does get worse?” he asked.
“Maybe I’ll get myself a seeing-eye gargoyle.”
Zayne chuckled. “I can be that for you.”
“Uh, yeah, I feel like you’d grow very bored of that.”
“I don’t think so.” His fingers curled around my chin, bringing my gaze back to his. Air hitched in my throat. “I don’t think…there’s ever a boring second around you.”
6 likes