Start by marking “Immortal: Love Stories with Bite” as Want to Read:
Immortal: Love Stories with Bite

Immortal: Love Stories with Bite

Seven of today's most popular YA vampire and contemporary fantasy authors offer new short stories that prove that when you're immortal, true love really is forever.
Published August 1st 2008 by BenBella Books

To ask other readers questions about Immortal, please sign up.
Arya She wrote a short stories that is included in this anthology.

Arlene
Immortal is an anthology of seven stories all revolving around vampires. Overall, it was entertaining, but there were some I enjoyed more than others. I liked how P.C. Cast provided a prologue that dived into the whole vampire phenomenon and explored the allure people have with vampires. She talks about how vampires represent immortality, youth and the possibility of forever, which is what most people find attractive because when it comes right down to it biting and blood is just gross, so there ...more
Rachel
Aug 28, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey, guys, I have no idea why this is listed on its own, as it's currently only available as part of the IMMORTAL anthology, and I have no idea why it was (erroneously) listed as part of the Soul Screamers series. So I've corrected that information.

This is a stand-alone short story I contributed to the re-release of an anthology years ago--my take on vampires in the form of a soul-sucking muse.
Jamie
The book is a bunch of short stories. Some were really good but all were decent. P.C. Cast did a good job getting a variety of different stories. My only complaint is the title. Many of the stories had little romance (just some attraction) or love. But just a small detail. Below are my thoughts on each story individually.

1) Haunted Love by Cynthia L Smith. This was a story about a newly turned vampire who kills his uncle and starts to run a small theater. The theater is haunted
Faye
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf-anthology
Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - 4/5 stars
Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast - 4/5 stars
Dead Man Stalking by Rachel Caine - 4/5 stars (re-read)
Table Manners by Tanith Lee - 4/5 stars
Blue Moon by Richelle Mead - 3.5/5 stars
Changed by Nancy Holder - 4.5/5 stars
Binge by Rachel Vincent - 4/5 stars
Free by Claudia Gray - 5/5 stars
Hilda
Apr 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: momo, zaizai
Shelves: anthology
Unexpectedly amazing.

As Richelle Mead's big fan, I read this anthology in hope of finding another good story from her.

And well, I find more.

Only God knows that I will fall in a story about Siren. Oh, and a Muse girl. The ending is, wow. Find it yourself on Rachel Vincent's story: Binge.

Blue Moon from Richelle Mead amazes me like I have thought. Famed by her Vampire Academy series, Richelle Mead makes another vampire story in this anthology. It's a
Heather
Dec 04, 2009 rated it liked it
From Amazon: "In Immortal: Love Stories With Bite, edited by New York Times bestselling author of the House of Night series P.C. Cast, eight of today's most popular YA vampire and contemporary fantasy authors offer new short stories that prove that when you're immortal, true love really is forever."

I have found that I am not a fan of short stories. First, I get frustrated that when the story is just getting good, it ends. I don't get enough detail, enough character development, enoug
Shirley Cuypers
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, 2014
Immortal is an anthology of 8 short stories.

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith 3/5 stars.
Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast 4/5 stars.
Dead Man Stalking by Rachel Caine 4/5 stars.
Table Manners by Tanith Lee 5/5 stars.
Blue Moon by Richelle Mead 5/5 stars.
Changed by Nancy Holder 3/5 stars.
Binge by Rachel Vincent 4/5 stars.
Free by Claudia Gray 3/5 stars.

In total 31/40 = 3.8/5
Lauren
Dreck! Sheer and utter dreck. And proof positive that just because you're an NYT bestselling author does not mean you should be let within spitting distance of an editor's pen or (this being the 21st century) keyboard. I am sorry to P.C. Cast fans, but a 10 year old could have done a better job of editing this book than she did. Half of the stories never should have made it into this book. They either weren't romance at all, or had almost no romance in them whatsoever. In one, the guy dies at th ...more
Corina
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far so good. I would have been finished with this book the day after I got it in the mail if I had a solid couple of hours to sit there and read. :-) Check it out!
Margot
This review also appears on my blog, The Bookworm Experiment

Rating: 3 stars

List of short stories featured:

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - 3 stars
Didn't see that coming, but I knew there was something off about the new girl. The main character was a bit cheesy what with the I-can-catch-the-girl-before-she-falls-even-though-she's-so-far-away super speed thingy, plus the fact there were moments he was like "OMG flesh, blood yummm OMG I can be so dangerous near her". Definitely, Cody looked like Edward/>/>
Milena March
Oct 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire lovers, fans of supernatural romance
Christy
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans
Recommended to Christy by: Shirley Cuypers
Haunted Love ~ ~ Cynthia Leitich Smith

I wasn’t sure about this story at first it was slow but I loved Cody. I was shocked by the end of the story and it was nice to be surprised by who the bad guy or rather girl was. I was happy that Sonia was the one that got to stay with Cody. He deserved to be happiness after what his life had dealt him. I’d rate it 5/5 stars.

Amber Smoke ~ ~ Kristin Cast

Jenna was thrown into a new world one night when she was going to a party. She was l/>Amber
Kaitlyn
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
So half of these were terrible and tropey and painful. The rest had potential and gave me slightly more faith in the fact that I used to read Vampire stories way more than one person should. Oh well, on to the next.
Lexie
An earlier version of this book was published by Borders (or at least for Borders) exclusively sold within their stores. However for this new edition a new story was added by Rachel Vincent.

"Haunted Love" Cynthia Leitch Smith
There's more at stake (get it? at stake? vampires? work with me people) in this story then a love triangle. There's a decades old murder and hiding your true self and learning to move on from bad experiences. I admit I did not see the twist coming at all an
Izlinda
I started this book yesterday because this book is due this Thursday and I found out someone put a hold on it. I wouldn't want someone to wait for a book longer than they already have to!

"Haunted Love" by Cynthia Leitich Smith -- I've never heard of her before, but I liked this story. The narrator tries to open the old movie cinema in his town, but it is haunted. Some chaos ensues but nothing bad. I thought it a good way to start the anthology.

"Amber Smoke" by Kristin Cast - I've heard of Kris
Angela
Bitten by some stories, untouched by others

In IMMORTAL: LOVE STORIES WITH BITE, editor P. C. Cast brings together eight short stories about the everlasting kiss, the bite of a vampire, from some of the most popular young adult paranormal authors today, including Kristin Cast, Richelle Mead, and Rachel Vincent, among others.

Similar to other anthologies, IMMORTAL was a great way to experience the style and writing of multiple different authors in only one book, and it was easy to pick
Tasha
Ok first of all, I'm kind of ticked off because I got this book at Borders as a 'Borders Exclusive', and now there's a regular edition out that's being sold at Barnes & Noble, and IT has an extra story in it.

There are 7 short stories in this book:
Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - She also wrote another of my favorite books, Tantalize, but I'm not so sure how I feel about this short story - I think it's a little too much for my imagination. It's about a vampire who loves a ghost - how/>
CorLostForWords
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

1. Haunted Love - Cynthia Leitich Smith. Interesting premise, had some good twists to it. Good story though it didn't quite keep me 100% captivated. 3/5

2. Amber Smoke - Kristin Cast. I like this author. I thought this story was poorly executed. It had great potential, but I disliked the main character, and thought everything was poorly explained (MC's reactions to her situation). 2/5

3. Dead Man Stalking - Rachel Caine. A good background story for Shane. Loved this one, an
Elke
Sep 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampire (Romance) Teen Literature
I am not a big fan of short stories, but from time to time I give them a try, plus they are convenient to read as a stopgap (is that the right english word? My dictionary said so...).

As with all anthologies, some stories are outstanding, others are extremely bad and the rest is somewhere in between. These three stories I enjoyed most:

"Blue Moon" by Richelle Mead: never read this author before, but the story was quite impressing, it was thrilling and original and the writi
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Luke
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
(Note: I only read the Richelle Mead story.)

Blue Moon by Richelle Mead

A story set in a completely different world with vampires (especially compared to her Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series), Richelle Mead creates a vivid world with a vampire girl and a human boy as they run away from the rest of her kind. Blue Moon was a compelling read. I didn't want this fast-paced, action-filled, suspenseful tale to end. But it did. Overall, Richelle Mead amazes me yet again.
iamMe

Binge- Rachel Vincent: 5 stars

Free- Claudia Grey: 3 stars
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampiros
I loved Rachel Vincent's "Binge". Your muse can kill you... awesome.

Nancy Holder's "Changed"... I liked it because I agree with Dr. Robles; "Reality. Is. Context."

I'm not partial to this because Richelle Mead and Rachel Caine are among my favorite authors.

And P. C. Cast's introducction... loved it!
Erin
Apr 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the stories and like I thought, I'm a huge fan of anything written by Richelle Mead.
Jessica
This was a quick read. I liked about half of the stories. My favorites were Richelle Mead's Blue Moon, and Rachel Vincent's Binge.
Brenda
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! But the stories weren't enough.I found myself wanting more of the charters.
Sabine
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2011, for-review
I really enjoyed Richelle Meads short story. I wish she would make it a book/series. :) Anyway - This is a great book for fans of the authors and vampires.
Ree Lynn
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-read
Dan Keating
Let me start off by saying that yes, I'm that guy that read this book and kind of regrets it and kind of doesn't want to admit it; but I also revel in doing things that people think are beneath me, and I'm a firm believer in finding jewels sprinkled in the heaping piles of horseshit that the modern culture industry drowns us in, so yes, I'll admit publicly that I read this book. Fuck you.

Now that that's out the way, as per my usual preference, I'm going to take the review story-by-st
All Things Urban Fantasy
Courtesy of Allthingsurbanfantasy.blogspot.com

Review:
"Haunted Love" by Cynthia Leitich Smith kicks off the anthology with Cody, a new male vampire who re-opens a haunted movie theater in his sleepy Texas town, but he never planned on an All-American human girl maneuvering her way into a job and possibly his heart. I was surprised at how strong Cody’s voice was almost from page one, especially his accidental transformation into a vampire after ordering a strength potion off the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Kristen Cast as a singular author? 2 8 Dec 10, 2012 01:13AM

• All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.6)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Kisses from Hell
  • Love Is Hell
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • Bewitched Bothered & Bevampyred
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more