Start by marking “Enmity” as Want to Read:
Enmity

Enmity

A boy desperate for refuge.
A girl unknowingly tied into a revolution.
Their paths are set to collide with critical consequences.

When Kai finds himself fearing for his life, the only logical reaction is to run. But in a world where escaping south of the river is next to impossible, is it worth the risk?

South of the river, a rebellion is growing against a dictatorship led by
Published August 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Enmity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enmity

María (coffeefaerie)
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beliefs live far longer than bodies.

Personal Opinion

Enmity was one of my most expected reads this year, since I found out about it's existence on Bookstagram. When I finally got the time to read it, my expectations were high. Very. And that is something that always turns out to be a bad thing. But, I must say, though this book did not reach my high expectations, it did satisfy what I was hoping for: an easy, fantastical read with a new, different world building and interesting plot. Now, the o
W. N.
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ENMITY by C.K. Robertson is a resounding 5 STAR read! I began reading this without having read any synopsis or review, and I was treated to a magical and exciting read full of well developed plot twists and so well written at times I felt myself having a physiological response to what the situations the characters were in--I was experiencing the drama as if I were them.

The genre is what I would personally term "futuristic urban magical fantasy" but that doesn't do justice to the complex world t
Laura Altmann (laurabookish)
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a fun little book! At only 270 pages, Enmity is definitely a quick read, and it was full to the brim of beautiful imagery and fun characters. My absolute favourite thing about this book though, is it's setting. After main character Maia escapes The Azgad, she finds refuge within a camp of dissidents. The camp is set in a forest and to avoid detection, it's inhabitants live in tree houses, and the way the homes are described is just stunning - think gorgeous foliage, lots of fairy light ...more
Tayler
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I felt instantly about this young adult dystopian fiction novel was that I instantly fell into the story, CK Robertson describes her world so perfectly. I was blown away by the Baldhere headquarters and really felt like I was also seeing it for the first time like Maia.
I love that Kai and Maia's path don't cross until half way through the book, I feel like CK really sets the story and develops the characters before throwing them together. The hardship Kai experiences in the first half of t
Peter John
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced, intriguing and imaginative, page-turning story. The subtle reflections of today’s real-world conflicts underpin the storyline’s credibility whilst the occasional unexpected twists keep the reader fascinated with both the tale and its protagonists. An entertaining and exhilarating read. Can't wait for the sequel!
Juliette Pou
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalones, owned
I nearly DNFed this book when the two main characters first met because they were so OOC from the rest of the story but I powered through and enjoyed my reading. The first part was dragging a bit but the second part was action filled.
I saw the twist coming from the half of the story so nothing was really surprising but overall, it's a very entertaining story!
I'm waiting for the sequel!
Emily Young
Aug 06, 2018
Rachel Parker
Aug 07, 2018
C.K. Robertson
Aug 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Antoinette