Start by marking “Au jeu du désir (Legal Lovers t. 1)” as Want to Read:
Au jeu du désir (Legal Lovers t. 1)

Au jeu du désir

(Legal Lovers #1)

« Je te mettrai à nu.  »
Simon n'en croit pas ses yeux. Bette Monroe, sa sensuelle secrétaire, serait le traître qui lui dérobe des informations confidentielles  ? Pour quelle autre raison aurait-il surpris la jeune femme dans son bureau, tard dans la nuit  ? Pour en avoir le cœur net, il n’a qu’une solution  : la séduire afin de la pousser à se confesser. Mais ce que Simon
Published June 1st 2018 by Harlequin (first published February 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Au jeu du désir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Au jeu du désir

Meags
3 Stars

Simon Kramer is a managing partner at Street Legal law firm, along with his three life-long buddies, Ronan, Stone and Trevor. The guys’ have recently become aware of a mole in their office, and in an attempt to catch this person out, Simon sets a security trap that leads him to find his assistant, Bette, alone in his office late one Friday night.

At first, Simon’s shocked to consider Bette to be the mole, but when he discovers her leaving her resignation on his desk, while refusing to exp
Caitlyn Lynch
Bette Monroe is the executive assistant to Simon Kramer, the hottest lawyer in New York... and she's quitting her well-paid job. With a mole in the firm leaking secrets, Simon has to find out if Bette is the one who has compromised them all. Since she won't tell him why she's leaving, he's going to have to make seducing her his personal mission.

Falling for her wasn't part of the plan...

OK, I'm going to say this up front. I'm not fond of the secretary/boss trope. There's a power dynamic at play t
Mandy
I received Legal Seduction in return for an honest review from the publisher.

Simon is one of 4 managing partners at the legal firm Street Legal and while things should be amazing someone is selling secrets but he's not sure who. When the silent alarm is tripped he rushes off from the bar to see if he can find out who is the mole. What he finds is not what he expected to find.

Bette is ready for a new start away from Street Legal and when she saw her boss at the bar she decided it was the perfec
Isha Coleman
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legal Seduction is a lesson in character building. He's the tough guy, with a good head on his shoulders, but a deeply guarded heart. She's the wallflower with big dreams and secret fantasies. Simon and Bette could be a perfect match, if they learn to trust each other. Lisa Childs scorches up the pages with her sensual tango of love lust and mistrust. Love is a risky business and Ms Child's makes the risk worthwhile.
JG
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Legal Seduction is part of Harlequins' newest brand DARE which features a more erotic spin in a contemporary romance. So in that way it does deliver. Legal Seduction plays on the boss secretary trope wherein the boss happens to be the very street savy and successful, not to mention good looking lawyer, Simon Kramer. When Simon starts to suspect that there is a mole in his law firm he never really thought it could be his ever dependable assistant of two years, Bette Monroe. But then she was sudde ...more
Jara Beaubien
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Bette Monroe is in a spot, she is quitting her job but lawyer Simon Kramer is being a impossible, she has 10 days left in her notice, but Simon has other things on his mind, one he still believes she is selling their secrets, but man if he only knew what secret Bette is hiding, well to find out you will just have to read the book and see what those two are up to.
Geraldine Sadiku
Fast paced, hot sexy read. Simon Kramer believes that the reason his executive assistant is quiting her job is because she has been selling company secrets. Bette hands in her notice and Simon starts seducing her and what follows is a very hot passionate romance that is straight to the point but with a definite heart to the story. Loved it.
Keely
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lissanne Jones
Bette Monroe has been working for Simon Kramer for two years, and over those years she’s watched him go through endless women. He’s not interested in commitment, and she’s sent enough flowers on his behalf to prove it. When the lingerie line she’s been designing is picked up by a major store chain, she quits her job.

Simon is gobsmacked by her resignation. While he’s eyed her from afar for two years, he’s never really contemplated making a pass at her for fear of being sued for sexual harassment.
Kari Hansen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For two years Bette has been Simon’s executive assistant and she has watched other women come in and out of his life. She has her reasons for handing in her resignation and it doesn’t mean she has been betraying him.

When Bette hands in her resignation just when he is investigating the employees for sharing company secrets it causes him to question if she is the guilty party.

He has ten days to figure out the truth before her notice is complete and since she is leaving there is no fear of a sexual
Claire
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received Legal Seduction as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

Simon Kramer is on top of the world--his firm just won a lucrative lawsuit, despite the leak of important memos by an apparent mole in their midst. In his search for the perpetrator, he runs into his personal assistant, Bette Monroe, creeping around his desk one evening and immediately arousing suspicion...as well as other feelings. For her part, Bette is looking to move on professionally, a move stymied by her handsome boss. As Simon's
Cara Ross
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you read the synopsis of Legal Seduction, you think it's just another boss/assistant romance, but this is far from the truth. Legal Seduction is a fast paced, steamy romance, that leads with Simon Kramer; a high profile attorney and a bit of a man whore. But he is also a man on a mission to find the mole in his law firm, so when his assistant hands in her two weeks notice, he uses the one tool he has at his disposal to make her confess to being the mole!

I was honestly surprised by how good
Cathy Geha
Legal Seduction by Lisa Childs
Legal Lovers #1

Simon Kramer was on the street as a child but over time, with the help of his three buddies, the four have managed to get an education and open their own law practice. There is a spy in their midst and Simon is on the lookout for who it might be. Bette Monroe, his personal assistant, seems to be a likely candidate so his intention is to get her to admit it…one way or another…even though she has just tendered her resignation. Bette’s dream is to make i
LadyTechie
Legal seduction is part romance, part mystery and a great deal of what is likely the reason this book falls on the Harlequin Dare line. I received a copy through Barclay Publicity and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Four best friends that came up together living on the streets have made it big as attorneys in a top law firm called Street Law. Each has his own specialization. Simon specializes in contract law and like the others, women. Bette is his assistant. She is turning in her tw ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
There is a mole at Simon Kramer's law firm who has been sharing company secrets and he is determined to catch them, no matter the cost. He begins to take a close look at everyone he works with, and his suspicions draw him to his assistant of two years Bette Monroe, he finds it odd that she would suddenly hand in her two week notice, and come into a large sum of money at about the same time. He is shocked to think the one person he thought he could trust would sell company secrets, but why else w ...more
Two Crazy Ladies Love Romance

I received a free copy for my honest review!

Review by Jara
Renée Dahlia
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The lawyer hero in this book won't trust anyone, especially his PA, who conveniently quits just as he realises someone is stealing secrets from his firm. They strike a deal, and he uses sex to disarm and investigate her. This concept could easily go wrong, descending into non-con, but the balance is kept fairly well by Lisa Childs so it's never ick. Mostly, that's because the PA takes charge of their sexual relationship from the start. Her motivations are less obvious at the beginning - he's hot ...more
Christina
This is the first book that I have read by Lisa Childs, but it certainly won’t be the last. Bette and Simon are our featured hero and heroine in this decidedly dirty love story…and I freaking adored Bette! Bette is everything you want in a heroine. She’s classy, smart, beautiful, kind, and has a very strong sense of self and what she wants out of life. I loved her plucky attitude and the way she was able to stand toe-to-toe with Simon, without cowering like a simpering female. Sure, she’s sexual ...more
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What Is It About:
After handing in her resignation, Bette and her boss Simon finally give into their attraction to each other. But each of them is hiding a secret- Simon's hunting for a mole that's leaking information from his law practice and he'll seduce Bette to find out if she's his mole and to uncover all of her secrets.

What I Liked and Didn't:
I only read this book two days ago and I hardly remember anything so I feel like that isn't a very good sign. I wasn't too impressed with the characte
Bec
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Bette Monroe is finally moving on from her job working for powerhouse lawyer Simon Kramer, but once she gives her notice she's still got ten days left. It's not easy being around Simon, but as the days go by, Lisa finds herself giving into temptation. But when Lisa discovers the reason of Simon's pursuit of her, will she give him a chance to explain, or will away from their chance at happy ever after?

What an enjoyable read Ms. Childs has delivered in this first book of her Legal Lovers series wh
Sportochick
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Visit my blog for more reviews: Sportochick's Musings

This is a fast sexy hot read where the chemistry between these two characters heats up the pages so that you don't want to put the book down. It involves an interesting plot and some conflict with additional intrigue which gives it additional impact.

I like the character Bette Monroe. She's dedicated and ambitious but knows when to cut her losses and leave. As for the dynamic Simon, well let's just say he took awhile for me to warm up to. But
Shatarupa  Dhar
This is the first book I read out of the recently launched M&B 'Dare' imprint. (These books are really hot, bordering on erotica and it dares the reader to try them!) Lisa Childs is one of my favourite authors of M&B World, especially her books in the 'Intrigue' Series. And again this book just proves it!

I am glad that M&B has mostly done away with depicting the woman as nothing but a doormat, as in this case where a strong character is shown of Bette. I loved how the author has show
Neisha
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I think this is a really good first book in the Legal Lovers series. I think the book started off really fast which did not appeal to me, but she did have only a short window to work with based on the story line. I put this book in my feminist category because the main female character is not just some assistant who is infatuated with her boss, but she has goals and dreams that she is trying to achieve and he completely supports her.
Johan Bastiaanssen
Feb 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy, dnf
Did Not Finish. Bette has been secretary to Simon at a law firm for two years. The day she sends in her resignation, Simon and his partners learn that confidential information has been leaked from their practice to the opposing counsel. Bette is suspect and Simon plans to seduce her to get her to confess.
So after working together for two years it takes this event, to get them to find out that they are sexually attracted to each other. Both Bette and Simon, in the voice over, realise that they a
Donna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trust in the eyes of the law.

I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway back in February. This is my honest review. First my apologies to the author and publisher for not reading it sooner. Life sometimes gets in the way. This book was a quick read and I enjoyed reading it. Simon and Bette are both strong characters and the story worked with them. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Nicole Smith
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one. I wasn't sure about Simon at first, but he won me over. I really liked the heroine Bette. This book is steamy, but you can feel a connection between the characters even though said characters don't want there to be. The thing about secrets is they will eventually come out. Simon is going to learn that one the hard way. To me the book had a good flow that had me hooked on the story.
Shelley
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book for a free review. This is part of Harlequin's Dare series. I definitely found this book steamy but I liked the story behind it too. The female lead is not just some lovelorn lady who wants her boss, she has dreams and career goals and wants to be seen as more than an extension of a man. I enjoyed the story and look forward to more by this author.
Heather
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bette and Simon together are perfect. You can feel the chemistry between the two. You have to get past Simon's cocky attitude to get the lovable guy on the inside. Bette is a smart girl and ready to go after what she wants. This is my first book from Lisa Childs and I look forward to reading more from her.
Darlingem
Meh. This is the 2nd book from the new harlequin DARE line and I've yet to be impressed. I get that the books are supposed to be more sexy and, uh, daring, but I still need some build up and a good story line. Plus, there were way too many typos. Seems like HQ is churning these out fast to make a quick buck and doing a bad job of editing in the rush. Did not finish.
Christine Galletly
This was a good read with a really strong plot line. I really enjoyed the interaction between the main characters and it was such an easy book to read. It was at times a little predictable but still very enjoyable. It was fast paced and kept me engaged throughout - 4 stars from me!

• A Week to Be Wild
  • Ruled (Hard Riders MC, #1)
  • Heartbreak Ranch (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • Cardinal
  • Holly Hearts Hollywood
  • Wynonna Earp Volume 1: Homecoming (Wynonna Earp #1-6)
  • Passion Potion
  • Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition
  • Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy, #1)
  • Cursed (Tysseland Chronicles #1)
  • Last Hookup
  • Off Limits (Off Limits #2)
  • The Howling Heart
  • Playing Hooky (Paranormal Investigations, #1)
  • Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)
  • Will The Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up?
  • Released (Romani Realms #1)
  • Date With A Rockstar

Lisa Childs was born on 31 October, a Halloween birthday predestined her to a life of writing suspense. Born soft-spoken into a big, boisterous family where only he who speaks loudest is heard, she learned early to express herself through the written word. She has been writ

Legal Lovers (4 books)
  • Legal Attraction
  • Legal Passion (Legal Lovers, #3)
  • Legal Desire (Legal Lovers)