Start by marking “Braced (The Brody Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Braced (The Brody Brothers, #2)

Braced

(The Brody Brothers #2)

I missed you, and I needed to see you again.

And that’s the last thing Lilah Ledbetter wants. She’s been down that road with Finian Brody, and she’ll be damned if she’ll let him hurt her again—no matter how hot he still makes her burn.

You deserve better, and I want the chance to give you better.

Epic truck sex should never be followed by a broken heart, but that’s exactly wh
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 238 pages
Published November 5th 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Braced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Braced

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Started out a bit shaky for me but ended up great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The beginning started off a bit shaky for me. As I was getting to know the characters I took a big dislike to Fin. Even though Lilah had a massive crush on him since she was a child, he treated her like crap and completely broke her heart.

That made it difficult to warm up to him once he started to realize the error of his ways. I completely related to Lilah has she tried to figure out what he wanted with her.

The fact that he
Susan
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRACED by Stacy Gail is such a fun romance, I just loved it! Fin and Lilah have known each other forever. They even had a pretend wedding when they were kids. Fin screws up and Lilah is done with him. Fin has to prove his feelings for her are real before she'll give him another chance. Lilah's Mom, Dottie is a witch, she's so mean and hurtful! Fin is one of four brothers, all good-looking and rich. Life on the ranch is never boring!Lots of action and love in this 5 🌟 read!!!
Barbara
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Brody Brothers are back and at it again. Yep, those domineering boys who seem to be misunderstood by the townsfolk, are back in true Alpha form.

This is Fin’s story. Fin doesn’t believe in love, and after the mess of a marriage his parent had, who could really blame him. But seeing his oldest brother find love while he lost his best friend snapped something in him. Fin just knew something was missing from his life and that was his sunshine.

Lilah has loved Fin Brody since she was about 5 year
Up All Night With Books
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!
Review by Sue
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/Books

Braced by Stacy Gail is a second-chance romance with all the feels. From angst to love, passion and family, this book has it all. This is the first book I read by this author and it will not be my last.

Lilah Ledbetter is nursing a broken heart, one given to her by the only man she ever loved, Fin Brody. She is also dealing with low self esteem from the constant reminder, from her perfectionist mother, that she can never be good enough f
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series - and I think you would benefit from reading Branded first, as this explains just how awful the home-life of these men was, and does explain some of their hang ups! In Branded I was incredibly angry with Fin's brother Ry, but this time Fin's behaviour made much more sense.

Lilah and her brother grew up alongside the Brody's, as their mother ran the office at the ranch. Lilah has been
LeeAnne
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was completely addicted to this book from the very first page, I really didn’t want to love it as much as I did because Finian Brody is kind of an ass but… I loved it. Lilah’s mother worked for the Brody family meaning that Lilah grew up with the Brody brothers, practically a sister and definitely a best friend. Lilah was closest to Fin and wound up letting him take her virginity quickly followed by him completely crushing her and sending her away. Now, months later, Lilah is 100% focused on f ...more
Brandy Roberts
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Braced it would be the first book that I've read by the author and I'm so excited to see what's to come . Even though this is book two in the Brody Brothers series it can be read as a standalone . It did take me some time to connect with the characters but the more the story went on the more I fell for them and became invested into the story . My heart broke for the heroine the pain she has been through I so didn't like her mom and when we find out what the hero did it made me n ...more
Alexa
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I had read book 1 of the Brody Brothers series (which you should read but don't have to to enjoy Braced!) and thought this was an engaging western/ranching/small town series and so I was quite looking forward to book 2. No disappointment here, this was a great read - even better than the first!!

If you read book 1 (Branded) you saw we got just a hint of what was in store for this story. I love a good romance where the guy has messed up bad (but not cheated) and has to win the trust and
Kathy Rouchelle
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i LOVED THIS BOOK!!! YEAH LILAH!!! Ok, that being said, the Brody Brothers are back and Fin takes the lead in this story that will have you wanting to go after him with a dull butter knife (if you get my drift). He took something from Lilah and put it under his boot and smashed it into nothing. Not only her virginity but her heart as well, which also worked hand in hand with what her mother has always told her about Fin...she wasn't good enough for him. But just to give Fin a little slack, he ha ...more
Erin Lewis
4 Star review Branded (The Brody Brothers #2) by Stacy Gail

This is Finian Brody and Lilah Ledbetter’ story. This was a good read and I have to say that straight off the bat Stacy Gail had me laughing as Lilah tried to capture the elusive goat that had gotten free.

As with his brother Ry, Fin was an arrogant jerk, but he grew on me slowly. Lilah deserved so much more than how he treated her and I was frustrated by her at times.
Lilah has always had a bit of a crush on Fin and even slept with him.

H
Mary
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I loved Lilah's reaction to Fin's advances. No woman wants to be on the receiving end of "hit it and quit it" speech right after sex, and when Fin gives her his version of that speech she knows she's done. Lilah has been in love with Fin since she was a kid, they even got "married" when she was six.

When Fin shows up at the vet clinic where she's working and insisting that she's the on-call tech for his ranch, she's confuse
Talltree
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Tracie R
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
The second book in the Brody Brothers series, Braced, is Finn and Lilah’s story. Great characters, engaging interaction and a wonderful storyline made this a fabulous addition to this series. I will be reading more and recommend if you haven’t read this series, yet you pick up book 1 today.
April Symes
The 2nd book in the Brody Brothers series is "Braced" and this is Finn and Lilah’s story.
Fin and Lilah have known each other since they were children. They even had a make-believe wedding when they were nothing more but children. When they were older, Fin screws up BIG TIME and Lilah finally is done with him. Fin realizes he has to prove his feelings for her are real because she'll never give him another chance and he needs his Lilah.
Fin finally realizes he made the HUGEST mistake in his life
Lisa Stanton
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Braced was a great story about 2 people who grew up together. Fin is one of the owners of Green rock ranch, one of the infamous Brody brothers, Lilah is the daughter of Dottie, Green Rock ranch’s secretary (and I have to add ‘what an evil bitch’). Fin and Lilah have been best friends forever, since Fin saves her from a bully at the age of 3 and Lilah has loved him ever since, until one night they cross the friends to lovers line and Lilah tells him how she has always loved him and he tells her i ...more
Jackie Wright
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Braced by Stacy Gail.
Braced is book 2 in The Brody Brothers Series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone I know this because Stacy Gail is a new author to me and I have to say time permitting I will definitely be checking out book 1 in this series of cowboy brothers.
Fin was not an easy person to like he had treated Lilah badly but as the story progresses you get to see a man who has seen the errors of his ways and a man who is determined to prove to the girl he is worth tak
Kari Hansen
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lilah and Fin have been friends since they were children and she has loved him just as long. When he finally noticed her, and they shared her first sexual experience, she thought all her dreams had come true. When he broke her heart, she realized that everything her mother had said about her not being good enough for him was true.

When Lilah wants nothing to do with him Fin misses her and knows he made a mistake. He approaches her at the vet clinic where she works and wants her help on his ranch
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series, and in my opinion, Branded needs to be read first, in order to get a better understanding of why these brothers have turned out they way they have. Lilah has loved Fin forever, and when he broke her heart, she has had enough. Fin has his work cut out for him in order to prove to Lilah that he is the one for her. This is a well written story, which is filled with action, angst, heartbreak, passion, and love, and is a great second chance love story. I was in ...more
Ramona
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book by Stacy Gail...it was touching, romantic and witty. The story of Fin Brody and Lilah Ledbetter was just OMG! Best Friends their entire life until one fateful night when that line was crossed. Fin tries over and over again to convince Lilah he isn't the same man he was that night but when she has her mother's negative words in her head making her doubt she is worthy of Fin's Love things go upside down.
This is a terrific book with some twists you just don't see coming. Kudos to
Dar
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, cowboy
Oh Fin and Lilah were perfect together! She was stubborn, sweet, and vulnerable. He was stubborn, sweet, and determined. Best friends since they were children, an incident separated them. The phrase "you don't know what you have until it is gone" fits Fin perfectly, but Lilah has a lot going on in her life, and a pushy, controlling mother on top of that

Lots of back and forth between these two, and lots of convincing to happen. What it all cumulates in is some great chemistry, lots of fireworks,
ImABookAddict
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Gail is an author that can write swoon-worthy alpha male heroes and Finian is no different from the rest. I liked that he proved how much he really loved Lilah. A little groveling never hurts a man, y'know. Plus, I liked that the h was strong and not a doormat. Though, I was quite surprised by how the character of her mom turned out. Didn't see that coming when she first showed up in book 1. If you're in the mood for a sweet, hot read, be sure to read Braced.

Note: I received an ARC in exch
Rhonda
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful second chance at love western romance

I enjoyed Braced the second book in Stacy Gail's Brody Brother series.
Lilac and Fin's story was a believable story with conflicts that made the second chance aspect interesting and believable.
I totally understood why Lilah was weary of trusting Fin again. But he made me a fan so I was very happy to see them get their HEA. Absolutely loved the Epilogue.
I received an advance reader copy via Netgalley.
Lacie Romano
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, can we just say OTT ALPHA?!??! LOVED Braced, this book totally sucked me in. The emotional upheaval was so relatable and I loved reading this story and seeing the transformation throughout. The dynamics are complicated and watching the story unfold will give you quite the book hangover. Drama, humor, a OTT Alpha H and a hilarious and sensitive h will make you want to read it again.
Shari Tomlinson
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous epic read. Wanting more!!!!!

Stacy Gail once again wraps you up in a great story so endearing! I'm so in love with this series.
Fin Brody just melts you to your bones with his alpha male yummy. Lila is perfect, strong willed woman, and Fin is determined to fix this right. The steamy chemistry these two have is hot off the charts sexy! You'll laugh, swoon and maybe cry a bit. Stacy writes a killer epilogue so have a tissue. Totally 5 stars
Pamela
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lilah and Finian had a hot relationship until he broke her heart. Now he's trying to get her back and convince her he has changed for the better. Lilah ends up working on the ranch and there is no avoiding Fin. Will the couple be able to work things out? This was a great read.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am leaving a review.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg this series is going to be so good. Fin and Lilah have known each other forever and working side by side now stirs up old feelings and pain can she trust Fin this time? Fin isn't giving up , he will prove his changed. I loved these characters and the flow was amazing. I couldn't put it down.
Erin
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished Braced by Stacy Gail and if you haven’t grabbed this ladies get to it. Finian Brody is a bossy, possessive cowboy who gets what he wants and also has to grovel a bit. Lilah is no sissy and makes him work for it and their chemistry is off the charts hot! Fits this group perfectly!
Pbolin
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ** LOVE these Brody boys! Strong, protective, possessive and HOT. It was great that Fin had to work so hard to get Lilah to believe in him. Just the right amount of angst.
Pelusa Rivera
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) I didn't realize until I was reading that this was a second book to the Brody brothers series, I guess I missed Ry and Celia's story, in this book it mentioned how they had gotten married. This was Fin's book along with his love interest Lilah. Lilah had been in love with Fin all of her life, she even admits to being his shadow. However on a night of passion where he takes her virginity she makes the mistake of telling him that she loves him and he b ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

The Brody Brothers (2 books)
  • Branded (The Brody Brothers, #1)