Start by marking “Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)

Damaged Goods

(Ravenswood #1.5)

Second chances shouldn't be this sinful.

Laura Burne‘s husband is a monster, her diamond ring is a trap, and her pregnancy is the push she needs to finally escape. She runs away seeking safety… and finds Samir Bianchi, her long-lost teenage sweetheart.

With his kind eyes and dirty smile, Samir’s still hot as hell—and he still treats Laura like a goddess, baby bump and all. T
Published June 14th 2018 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about Damaged Goods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damaged Goods

Start your review of Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)
Talia Hibbert
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I read this while I was writing it and I quite enjoyed myself
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 A Girl Like Her ★★★★★
#1.5 Damaged Goods ★★★★★
#2 Untouchable ★★★★★
#3 That Kind of Guy ★★★★★

She was different now. She was a little bit ruined. She was damaged.

When we first met Laura in A Girl Like Her, it was hard for me to know what to make of her. The fact that she was married to Daniel — Ruth's abusive ex, if you don't recall — and pregnant with his child was enough to make one wary of her, but knowing Talia Hibbert's writing as I did, I knew to expect better from her than the vilificati
K.J. Charles
Joyous. A really lovely story of a woman escaping an abusive marriage and finding her first love again. Laura is also pregnant for the first time, and Samir is the hero we'd all want in that situation. The author combines a really pretty brutal backstory for both characters with a sexy and, importantly, *happy* romance--I'm beginning to think that's what makes Talia Hibbert so outstanding, that her couples are genuinely happy together, that in the midst of situations that would be an angst wallo ...more
Nicola
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope, strength and new beginnings are front and centre in this little book and although it all begins with the heavier subject of a pregnant woman walking away from her abusive husband, what develops is a romance that warms the cockles of your heart whilst bringing a good injection of sexy.

description I want to complicate things with you. I want us tied together in a knot so indecipherable, people look at us and can’t imagine how we’d ever come apart.”

My only grumble is that the conversations were a bi
Sam (AMNReader)
Remember in my prior review (yeah, I doubt it, but I do) when I said that I had that I was feeling awfully grumpy at contemporary and this unknown to me author named Talia Hibbert crumpled up that feeling, threw it in my face then lit it on fire?

That.She is, without a doubt, a fresh (to me) voice in contemporary romance. There's something so true and stripped, yet beautiful about her style. Elegant with a flare of humor, minimalist with a touch of whimsy. As I've read her books I've felt more th
Meags
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This little Ravenswood novella was super sweet and deliciously steamy. It left my heart full and content.

I’m not generally one for second-chance romances, but Hibbert made this trope work a treat here. I usually miss all the initial interactions and first time moments that get skipped over or briefly rehashed unsatisfactorily in these kinds of stories, but Hibbert was able to make me feel Samir and Laura’s past connection and current sizzle from the moment they reunited. Their chemist
Warda
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am mush!!

I'm pretty sure Talia Hibbert is making her way up there as one of my favourite romance authors. This story was so great even though it as a novella. I felt content and satisfied with how the story was dealt with and it packed a whole lot of goodness and happiness though the plot was slightly bleak.

This was a romance so wholesome and adorable I couldn't get enough.
Onto adding all of Talia Hibbert's books to my TBR.
Kiki
Jul 12, 2018 marked it as avoid
ambsreads
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trigger Warnings: panic attack, partner abuse (graphic), parental abuse (graphic), gaslighting, birth scene, death of parents (briefly mentioned)

THIS REVIEW IS ALSO ON MY BLOG. CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE

Damaged Goods by Talia Hibbert was amazing. I know I say this with almost every Talia Hibbert book but, look, this author is talented. She has an incredible talent for creating characters that you feel as if you have known for your entire life. I was a bit nervous going into Damaged Goods though. It’
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here's the thing. Unless a murderer is on the loose (that damn Dateline again) or aliens are attempting to overthrow the United States government (if only), I often grow bored with romance novels set in the present day. That isn't to say that I don't ever find enjoyable reads in the contemporary romance genre. But it is rare that I find deeply moving, joy-inducing, unputdownable (is that a word? I'm deciding it is a word) ones.

But Talia Hibbert's A Girl Like Her, the first novel in the Ravenswoo
Whitney
Loved this! I'm o glad we got to catch up with Laura, Daniel's wife, in this one. Her story definitely deserved to be told. I was also excited to see Ruth here because I love her so much. The only thing is, I wish we'd seen what happened to Laura's sister after everything happened, but maybe that will come later. Who knows. Either, definitely a cute read.
Juliette Cross
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved! This is how you write a novella. Full of heart and passion. I'm now a Talia Hibbert fan. :)
Mónica BQ
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars rounded down

Considerably better. But still so fucking corny and cheesy that I laughed during the most poignant bits.

Don't even get me started about the pet names... so annoyingly ridiculous. So fucking hackneyed.
I didn't think it could get worse than "kitten" from Evan in the last book. But it did.

And then Laura sounds like a child. Like an actual kid, during the last half of the story. I'm not using a hyperbole here. She really does read like it's a seven year old speaking in some sen
Gaufre
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I should have liked this book more. The characters are good people, supportive and loving. I just didn't see why Samir loved Laura so much, except for the fact that he did 10+years ago.

... and some misspelled words: Still, a taught heartbeat passed before he replied.
Misty
This had surprisingly strong development for both a novella and a story that hinges on characters having known each other in the past (a trope I like, and that is a good way to avoid instalove, but that often gets relied on as a shortcut to chemistry and development without actually doing the work of it).
I love a good cinnamon roll male lead, and Samir was fantastic.
Really nicely done overall.
Skye Kilaen
A second chance interracial M/F romance novella, in which Talia Hibbert proves it's possible for a romance about a character escaping domestic violence to be 95% warm fuzzies, without undercutting the seriousness of what that character has gone through. Laura (white), pregnant for the first time, flees her abusive marriage to a small town she remembers being happy in as a teenager. Samir (Moroccan/Italian), her first love, is shocked to run into her on the beach, but more than happy to support h ...more
M
I'm sobbing like a big ass baby. I really adore this book.
Amy
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one ... it tells the story of a side character in the first book in the Ravenswood story and it focuses on her taking back control of her life (and body) after years in an abusive marriage. There is also a second chance romance which I found to be really well done. I love how Talia Hibbert can bring together two people in a situation that is difficult and still allow them to have their HEA despite the difficult circumstances around them. She does this so well and I don't th ...more
Jessica
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely ADORED this one! Talia Hibbert is becoming one of my favorite romance authors and I’m just- I love this
Coco.V
Jun 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/18/2020)! 🎁 ...more
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

This is a sweetheart of a second chance romance. Samir and Lauren were childhood sweethearts...for a summer.

Lauren is the abused wife from the first book in the series who escapes her husband and returns to the beach side house of her teen years.

She see Samir. Sigh. Hibbert writes such steadfast kind heroes.

They are just wonderful together. This is the kind of romance you just want to roll around in like clover. Good stuff.
mags

I always find it hard to fall fully in love with novellas, because I always feel like they're just a liiiiiittle bit too short for me to ever connect with the characters within the story. Clearly, I've just been reading really bad novellas though, because Talia Hibbert absolutely blew me out of the water with the complexity and emotion she packed into Damaged Goods.

A story about two old lovers being reunited, Damaged Goods was incredibly sweet-- oozing such sheer happiness as Samir and Laura re
Linda
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this novella some days ago. It's book 1.5 in the Ravenswood series by Talia Hibbert and what can I say. It was a quick read, mostly because I basically inhaled it. 😂

We know protagonist Laura from "A girl like her" and I'm really happy she got her own novella. Her husband Daniel is a monster and when she becomes pregnant, it's the last push she needs to escape her abusive marriage.
It doesn't take long till she meets Samir, whom she knows from her teenager years, because she spent a ma
gretareadsromance
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-books-read
Laura deserves her HEA

As much as you wanted to hate Laura in the first book she totally deserved herself a good man. Samir is a childhood friend she literally runs into while escaping her devil of a husband. The leading men in this series are so perfect and willing to let their ladies just be themselves. Great novella!
Veronika
Welp, Talia Hibbert did it again - this was GREAT. Also, Ruth appears in this!!!
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

I received an arc of this book from the author in exchange of an honest review

Full review originally posted on my blog: Word Wonders

CW: Descriptions of domestic abuse, intimate partner violence, and child abuse.

Now to the book that was the reason my Hibbert reading journey started. A ROMANCE WITH A HALF MOROCCAN HERO. Listen. Listen. Listen. I never ever see moroccans in books ever so can you blame me for jumping at this rare occasion? And it did not disappoin
Em Wittmann
All About Romance: Desert Island Keeper

STOP reading if you are new to the Ravenswood series. There will be spoilers in this review.

I thought Talia Hibbert’s A Girl Like Her was a unique and a refreshing change from typical contemporary romance fare. While fans patiently wait for the second book in the series, the author pivots away from her principals and shines the spotlight on one of the more intriguing characters to emerge from the origin story: Laura – Ruth’s former friend and Daniel’s wife.
Kristiej
4.5 out of 5

Laura Burne is trying to get out of a miserable marriage and in doing so she visits the small ocean town she spent many a happy summer at while she was young. What makes things tough for her is her husband has robbed her of all confidence in herself. She’s pregnant and is searching to ‘find herself’ so she can be a good mother. She barely arrives when she runs into Samir Bianchi, her first love. While both have moved on, neither have really forgotten the other.

Samir can tell she is e
Darcy
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, e-book, 2019, rw
It took me a bit to remember who Laura was, but once it clicked I was happy to see her get away and try to find her way to a different life, hopefully a happy one. I loved that she literally ran into Samir, a blast from her past on the first day Laura was starting her life. The history the two of them had was great! It really allowed them to connect again and start with a solid base of friendship. I loved how supportive Samir was of Laura and her pregnancy and how protective he was of her as wel ...more
Jenica
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is genuinely one of the best books I've ever read. The portrayal of trauma was top notch, in my humble opinion, and also, Talia delivered a hero I actually love?? Samir is an angel and he cooks and I love him. I think I love him more than Evan, even. And Laura, my darling, precious heroine. I love her. But Samir is perfect.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Office Hours
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • So Sweet (Sugar Baby, #1)
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers, #1)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Fit (Fit Trilogy #1)
  • Sanctuary  (Beards and Bondage, #2)
  • He's Come Undone: A Romance Anthology
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
Talia Hibbert is a USA Today bestselliing author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. She also

Ravenswood (3 books)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)