Start by marking “Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Damaged Goods (Ravenswood, #1.5)

Damaged Goods

(Ravenswood #1.5)

Second chances shouldn't be this sinful.

Laura Burne‘s husband is a monster, her diamond ring is a trap, and her pregnancy is the push she needs to finally escape. She runs away seeking safety… and finds Samir Bianchi, her long-lost teenage sweetheart.

With his kind eyes and dirty smile, Samir’s still hot as hell—and he still treats Laura like a goddess, baby bump and all. T
Published June 14th 2018 by Nixon House

To ask other readers questions about Damaged Goods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damaged Goods

Talia Hibbert
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I read this while I was writing it and I quite enjoyed myself
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
#1 A Girl Like Her ★★★★★
#1.5 Damaged Goods ★★★★★
#2 Untouchable ★★★★★
#3 That Kind of Guy ★★★★★

She was different now. She was a little bit ruined. She was damaged.

When we first met Laura in A Girl Like Her, it was hard for me to know what to make of her. The fact that she was married to Daniel — Ruth's abusive ex, if you don't recall — and pregnant with his child was enough to make one wary of her, but knowing Talia Hibbert's writing as I did, I knew to expect better from her than the vilificatio
K.J. Charles
Joyous. A really lovely story of a woman escaping an abusive marriage and finding her first love again. Laura is also pregnant for the first time, and Samir is the hero we'd all want in that situation. The author combines a really pretty brutal backstory for both characters with a sexy and, importantly, *happy* romance--I'm beginning to think that's what makes Talia Hibbert so outstanding, that her couples are genuinely happy together, that in the midst of situations that would be an angst wallo ...more
Nicola
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope, strength and new beginnings are front and centre in this little book and although it all begins with the heavier subject of a pregnant woman walking away from her abusive husband, what develops is a romance that warms the cockles of your heart whilst bringing a good injection of sexy.

description I want to complicate things with you. I want us tied together in a knot so indecipherable, people look at us and can’t imagine how we’d ever come apart.”

My only grumble is that the conversations were a bit
Meags
3.5 Stars

This little Ravenswood novella was super sweet and deliciously steamy. It left my heart full and content.

I’m not generally one for second-chance romances, but Hibbert made this trope work a treat here. I usually miss all the initial interactions and first time moments that get skipped over or briefly rehashed unsatisfactorily in these kinds of stories, but Hibbert was able to make me feel Samir and Laura’s past connection and current sizzle from the moment they reunited. Their chemist
Sam (AMNReader)
Remember in my prior review (yeah, I doubt it, but I do) when I said that I had that I was feeling awfully grumpy at contemporary and this unknown to me author named Talia Hibbert crumpled up that feeling, threw it in my face then lit it on fire?

That.She is, without a doubt, a fresh (to me) voice in contemporary romance. There's something so true and stripped, yet beautiful about her style. Elegant with a flare of humor, minimalist with a touch of whimsy. As I've read her books I've felt more th
Kiki
Jul 12, 2018 marked it as avoid
ambsreads
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trigger Warnings: panic attack, partner abuse (graphic), parental abuse (graphic), gaslighting, birth scene, death of parents (briefly mentioned)

THIS REVIEW IS ALSO ON MY BLOG. CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE

Damaged Goods by Talia Hibbert was amazing. I know I say this with almost every Talia Hibbert book but, look, this author is talented. She has an incredible talent for creating characters that you feel as if you have known for your entire life. I was a bit nervous going into Damaged Goods though. It’
Juliette Cross
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved! This is how you write a novella. Full of heart and passion. I'm now a Talia Hibbert fan. :)
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here's the thing. Unless a murderer is on the loose (that damn Dateline again) or aliens are attempting to overthrow the United States government (if only), I often grow bored with romance novels set in the present day. That isn't to say that I don't ever find enjoyable reads in the contemporary romance genre. But it is rare that I find deeply moving, joy-inducing, unputdownable (is that a word? I'm deciding it is a word) ones.

But Talia Hibbert's A Girl Like Her, the first novel in the Ravenswoo
Mónica BQ
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars rounded down

Considerably better. But still so fucking corny and cheesy that I laughed during the most poignant bits.

Don't even get me started about the pet names... so annoyingly ridiculous. So fucking hackneyed.
I didn't think it could get worse than "kitten" from Evan in the last book. But it did.

And then Laura sounds like a child. Like an actual kid, during the last half of the story. I'm not using a hyperbole here. She really does read like it's a seven year old speaking in some sen
Gaufre
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I should have liked this book more. The characters are good people, supportive and loving. I just didn't see why Samir loved Laura so much, except for the fact that he did 10+years ago.

... and some misspelled words: Still, a taught heartbeat passed before he replied.
Em
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm sobbing like a big ass baby. I really adore this book.
Amy
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one ... it tells the story of a side character in the first book in the Ravenswood story and it focuses on her taking back control of her life (and body) after years in an abusive marriage. There is also a second chance romance which I found to be really well done. I love how Talia Hibbert can bring together two people in a situation that is difficult and still allow them to have their HEA despite the difficult circumstances around them. She does this so well and I don't th ...more
Skye Kilaen
A second chance interracial M/F romance novella, in which Talia Hibbert proves it's possible for a romance about a character escaping domestic violence to be 95% warm fuzzies, without undercutting the seriousness of what that character has gone through. Laura (white), pregnant for the first time, flees her abusive marriage to a small town she remembers being happy in as a teenager. Samir (Moroccan/Italian), her first love, is shocked to run into her on the beach, but more than happy to support h ...more
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

This is a sweetheart of a second chance romance. Samir and Lauren were childhood sweethearts...for a summer.

Lauren is the abused wife from the first book in the series who escapes her husband and returns to the beach side house of her teen years.

She see Samir. Sigh. Hibbert writes such steadfast kind heroes.

They are just wonderful together. This is the kind of romance you just want to roll around in like clover. Good stuff.
mags

I always find it hard to fall fully in love with novellas, because I always feel like they're just a liiiiiittle bit too short for me to ever connect with the characters within the story. Clearly, I've just been reading really bad novellas though, because Talia Hibbert absolutely blew me out of the water with the complexity and emotion she packed into Damaged Goods.

A story about two old lovers being reunited, Damaged Goods was incredibly sweet-- oozing such sheer happiness as Samir and Laura re
Veronika
Welp, Talia Hibbert did it again - this was GREAT. Also, Ruth appears in this!!!
Em
All About Romance: Desert Island Keeper

STOP reading if you are new to the Ravenswood series. There will be spoilers in this review.

I thought Talia Hibbert’s A Girl Like Her was a unique and a refreshing change from typical contemporary romance fare. While fans patiently wait for the second book in the series, the author pivots away from her principals and shines the spotlight on one of the more intriguing characters to emerge from the origin story: Laura – Ruth’s former friend and Daniel’s wife.
Jenica
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is genuinely one of the best books I've ever read. The portrayal of trauma was top notch, in my humble opinion, and also, Talia delivered a hero I actually love?? Samir is an angel and he cooks and I love him. I think I love him more than Evan, even. And Laura, my darling, precious heroine. I love her. But Samir is perfect.
Saly
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once again I love the author's heroes! H/h were each other's firsts fifteen years back but things have changed for the h who married a horribly abusive man and is now trying to find herself so she can be a good mother. I liked seeing the h/H grow closer first as friends & then more.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Thank you, Elf Shhhh...it's a secret!, for the gift!
Michaela
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And again Talia Hibbert ceases to amaze me with another great story. This one gave my heart little pitter-patters, with Laura and Samir's story. I'm glad she got her own happy ending and made up with Ruth.
Amanda
4.5 stars, rounding down

First off, this book opens with a content note from the author. This is... so rare, and massively appreciated. And no, it didn't ruin the book for me at all, just because I knew there was going to be content in a specific chapter related to a potential trigger.

In the first book (A Girl Like Her), which is hands down one of my favorite books of 2018, Laura is not a sympathetic character at all. She's the wife of Ruth's abusive ex, Daniel, and she is the instigator of a lot
Brianna
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

GUYS!!! This was so amazing! I didn't care for Laura much in Ruth's book, but her behavior makes so much more sense now. I liked her a lot in her. She was brave despite everything, and trying to become a better person. I loved how protective she was of her unborn baby, and that she was able to leave Daniel. And Samir. He was perfect. Protective, thoughtful, considerate...I loved him so much!!!

I usually don't love second-chance romances like this, but it was so good! I mean, their teen
Frida
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So damn good.
Marija (Inside My Library Mind)
Talia Hibbert is a blessing and this was so good and so pure and I just love both Laura and Samir so much???

GigiReads
I normally avoid books where the heroine is pregnant. Having been pregnant myself three times, I can never suspend disbelief enough to believe in romance and sexy times because believe me pregnancy is anything but sexy ( except for a few weeks when you become a nympho but I digress) however I adore this author and would honestly buy her grocery list if she published it.
This novella sort of takes us back to Ravenswood and to Ruth's one time nemesis Laura, wife of the town jerkwad, and her second
Cande
OMG OMG OMG *takes deep breath* Talia Hibbert is such an amazing and incredible author, I feel like I’ve fallen in the best rabbit hole ever. These books!! THESE BOOKS. Yes, I read the first two (a novel and a novella) but already know this series will stay with me forever. Talia’s heroines are so complex, real, funny and awesome. And the heroes! Oh these men are so sweet, respectful, adorable and romantic. My heart hurts because I can’t take all these cuteness! Small town romances with very div ...more
Kaetrin
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at Dear Author.

• The Year of the Crocodile (Cyclone, #2.5)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Let It Shine
  • So Sweet (Sugar Baby, #1)
  • Spirit of the Valley
  • If The Dress Fits
  • A Man And A Woman (The Lady's Tutor. #1.5)
  • Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3)
  • Cinnamon Spiced Omega (The Hollydale Omegas, #2)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Before the Dawn
  • Joy
  • Mad For Love (Highland Brides, #1)
  • Shoreline Drive (Sanctuary Island #2)
  • Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
  • Small Change (Small Change, #1)
  • Feels Like Summer
  • A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
Talia Hibbert is an award-winning, Black British author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. S

Ravenswood (3 books)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)