Start by marking “Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)

Ghostwater

(Cradle #5)

Long ago, the Monarch Northstrider created a world of his own.

This world, known as Ghostwater, housed some of his most valuable experiments. Now, it has been damaged by the attack of the Bleeding Phoenix, and a team of Skysworn have been sent to recover whatever they can from the dying world.

Now, Lindon must brave the depths of this new dimension, scavenging treasures
Published May 31st 2018 by Hidden Gnome Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ghostwater, please sign up.
Clayton Stobbs It's available on Audible now, as well as the next in the series…moreIt's available on Audible now, as well as the next in the series(less)

Start your review of Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)
Petrik
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Progression fantasy & Shonen anime fans
4.5/5 stars

Started a bit stale for me but it ended up being a gripping and entertaining story with Dungeon Crawl element.

For this review, let’s start with why I haven’t given any books in the series a full 5 stars rating, shall we? If you want to know what the premise is about, read the official blurb at your own risk. Ghostwater is the fifth book in the Cradle series, and it didn’t start off as smoothly as I hoped. Don’t get me wrong, I have enjoyed the series very much and I continue to do so;
Calista
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Action Fantasy Fans
3rd reading:

For me, this is still a highlight of the series. It's my 3rd read and I still love the pocketworld setting. I didn't know such a thing really existed and so it's all new to me. I love the concept. Will is amazing how well he guides this story and he's great at bringing the new and big ideas. Although, it does seem that when the plot needs Lindon to be weak, he can't win so that later, Lindon will blow all of them away. It sort of comes and goes at Will's whim. Mostly, he gives good r
TS Chan
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Ghostwater is a worthy winner of the Reddit r/Fantasy 2018 Stabby Awards for Best Independent Book; I am now a huge fan of the Cradle series.

The author kept on surprising me with his inexhaustible imagination and the ever-increasing, mind-blowing, magnitude of magical and martial power in this series. All without ever making me think that it was ridiculous. Well, okay, it was - just ridiculously fun and exciting, that is.

I have mentioned in my previous review about the monstrous leap
Hamad
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷 Support me

“Truth does not care for your feelings”

I slightly enjoyed Skysworn more than Ghostwater. If you look at my reviews for the whole series, it is still a great series with solid 4 ratings. I think Ghostwater was good too but I had a few criticisms which I am trying to explain here.

The writing is as good as usual, I find the writing quality to be consistent which is awesome. The characters voices is the same and there is a mix betw
Narilka
May 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbr, ebook, read-in-2022
Easily my favorite in the series so far. I did not realize how much I had missed the leveling aspect of the story until it was back! And back in spades. I'm impressed with how much progress almost everyone makes, even Ortho and Little Blue. I love the new addition of Dross. That has some great implications for Lindon's future advancement. I wonder if they'll be able to take Dross's learnings and help enhance everyone else too. Hmmm! Must read the next book soon. ...more
kartik narayanan
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hmmm. I am a huge fan of Will Wight and the Cradle series. But, Ghostwater, left me a bit satisfied and a bit annoyed.

The good parts of the book are classic Will Wight. The battles, the world building, the characters, the levelling up. The bad part of the book (only one but it is big) is that there is zero plot in this book. Sure Lindon achieves more levels and he manages to find the next big bad. But, this book is clearly a set-up for the rest of the series.

Overall, go for it. It is a good add
David S Meanderings)
Jun 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cradle
High end 4.5 stars.

If you like action packed Dungeon Crawlers, you will really like this book!
Deborah Obida
Dec 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Buddy read with Snezana

Ghostwater is the fifth book in the Cradle series. What I love most about this series is the pace and character development, each book focuses on a different idea and this one is about Ghostwater. The fight scenes, magic system, dialogues, great depiction of friendship and amazing characters are some of my favorite things about this book.

Ghostwater is a pocket world created by Northstrider,(a monarch). The world was abandoned 50 years prior to this book, after the brief wa
Terence
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, freebies
Lindon, Yerin, and Mercy are once again under the employment of the Skysworn. They are still treated as disposable and as enemies by Skysworn leadership. The team is sent off to investigate the pocket dimension Ghostwater, created by the Monarch Northstrider. The pocket dimension is collapsing due to the rising of the Bleeding Phoenix. Lindon and Orthos find themselves trapped in Ghostwater while Yerin and Mercy struggle to save them.

Ghostwater is the book I've been waiting for. I felt like the
Jack
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well that was fun. But I really should have tried to savour it a bit longer. Maybe stretched it out to another day. But as it stands, I couldn't put it down. Classic Cradle, Classic Lindon, and oh so many powerups. A few little tid bits about the wider world mentioned, but mainly focused on progression as usual. And it's just so much fun that way.

The only issue is I now have to wait for more.
Rob
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Executive Summary: Another strong entry in this series. It started a bit slow, but got really good by the end and now I'm stuck waiting for the next book to come out.

Full Review
I made the mistake of starting this book right before Battle for Azeroth came out. That was unfair to this book. It sat unread for basically 2 months because my reading time was sacrificed to my WoW addiction.

Once things finally settled down, I jumped back into this book and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how I felt
Haïfa
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
4.5 stars!

This series is as addictive as chocolate!
Dexcell
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Once, you were weak. That boy is long dead, but his remnant still haunts you. Your weakness, Lindon, is thinking you're weaker then you are."

Another book done. Really loving where the story is going. Lindon finally getting some legitimate wins under his belt was great. It felt earned and he really needed it after five books of getting kicked around.

Reread: just as good the second time around. Loved how this felt like the culmination of the previous five books.
Nyssa
Dross & Orthos were the highlights of this show! The setting was fascinating as well.
The bloopers are a nice touch; the last one - LOL!

We got to meet a few other clans/families as well, which was interesting, but I'd be lying if I said I could tell you which was which. Plus, I still don't understand Ziel, so I hope we get to see him again.

Oh, and the scene at the end (before the bloopers) - cold!

All in all, it was a good read.

Jim Robinson
Dec 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The best book in the series so far, Ghostwater was a really interesting and exciting story and a full 5*

Lindon finally goes beast mode! I loved the creativity behind the "pocket world" of Ghostwater, what a fabulous concept and some very cool scenes unfold within it. Our favourite characters Lindon, Yerin and Mercy feature heavily plus a lot more Orthos! Orthos is actually really cool in this story and has a lot more battles for him to go turtle crazy on fools.

We also get introduced to Dross, wh
Kyle Erickson
Aug 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Not sure why this one has such a high rating. It was fine. Probably my least favorite since the first one. Too much Lindon and not enough of the actually compelling characters like Eithan and Yerin. The addition of Driss was welcome, though. As was a character finally pointing out to Lindon that power can't be the only thing that keeps him going.

Mostly, though, this was just the equivalent of a training montage in a movie. It should make the sixth more exciting, but I was utterly underwhelmed d
Zoe Artemis Spencer Reid
THAT. WAS. INCREDIBLE. Cradle has always been amazing, but with Ghostwater, it officially went to my favorite series list. The battle scene was just freaking awesome. I couldn't stated how brilliant this series was or how it never cease to amaze me to look at the sheer improvement of quality with every installment, without sounding repetitive. It was simply, splendidly addictive. ...more
Paul
Jun 12, 2022 rated it really liked it
Solo Lindon chapters are always more dull for me and there were a lot of them in here but the inclusion of Dross and Mercy just makes the cast of supporting characters that much better to make up for it. Cradle is a fun time as always.
Christine Sandquist
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for book summaries of all the books in the Cradle series? Look no further. My review is below, but you can find a summary of each of the Cradle books to date on my website, Black Forest Basilisks!

Book review:

Ghostwater brings back the Will Wight we knew in Blackflame, with the pacing once more on point and the book significantly more polished. Orthos becomes a much, much more developed character, as does Little Blue. Lindon has the makings of a menagerie in this one, acquiring yet anothe
Andrew Rockwell
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5.0 stars---

After a reread, this one is closer to 5 stars to me. Lindon develops enough where you really care about him. Great new character additions like Dross and Mercy become more central to the storyline. You also meet Ziel and Northstrider who are two of the cooler characters in the series. I can't recommend this series enough
Jamarr Pinnock
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is Blackflame Squared

This book is for all those people that might have been a little disappointed by Skysworn. Within this novel's pages all of your wet dreams come true and more!
KatieR
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit darker. There's a brutal murder fairly early on and it's pretty shocking.

Our little band of warriors/trainees is sent on assignment to a pocket world that's nearing collapse. It's a great setting for their growth individually and as a team. Another new character is added and, like every other additions, it's a success.

On to the next one.
Conor
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super fun dungeon crawl with a lot more story than the previous novel. Lotta fun to read through and enjoy your favorite martial artists struggles and continual powerups.

Plot: 12/15

Total: 72/100
Kévin
Oct 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, ebooks, fantasy
Decent installment but it's the first time it's not on a par with or better than previous ones. Actual rating 3.5 ...more
E Beth Ann
Dec 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: written-reviews
3.5 Rating

Just wasn't feeling it for this book.
-The Plot seemed like just a giant training montage with some fights thrown in and lots of food scenes.
-Writing was good and humor was great. Just some parts dragged a little bit.
-World Building was great, but it seems like it opened a few plot holes in the stories.
-Characters in this book were very relationship based, but not as much substance/growth as I would've wanted.
-Enjoyed the book! Probably not my favorite in the series, though.

---

Plot: 2
AvidReader
Aug 08, 2021 rated it liked it
It was a little better than book 3 and 4, but I've come to the conclusion that this series is not my cup of tea. I was told it gets better starting with this book, but I don't agree. Still the same old endless training sessions that book 2, 3, and 4 also had. I'm beyond bored of them, so I won't be continuing. ...more
Alastair Patton
Another glorious victory |

Will Wight keeps taking this fantasy series to different levels. Carefully carving an elaborate mosaic that gets clearer with each piece. If the first three books were progression fantasy genius, the fourth bringing us an epic of epics, and the fifth building an Avengersesque team, then this book takes a well deserved pause to set our heroes up for what I am sure will be a thrilling 7th book
Steffan
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars
Lazybee
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
The wait begins... Excellent continuation.
Calvin Park
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I. Loved. This. Book. Will Wight’s Ghostwater hit all the right buttons for me, and as an entry in his Cradle series, I think it does an excellent job of not only moving the larger narrative forward, but also feeling like a well-paced novel in and of itself. Make no mistake, Ghostwater is part of a larger narrative. It’s no stand alone. But, it does have a discernible arc of its own and is an enjoyable read as part of a larger whole.

I felt the characters had really started to come into their ow
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Ghostwater (Cradle #5) [May 8, 2022] 79 30 May 26, 2022 11:03AM

• Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • A Traitor in Skyhold (Mage Errant #3)
  • Mother of Learning: ARC 1
  • Iron Prince (Warformed: Stormweaver, #1)
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
  • The First Step (A Thousand Li, #1)
  • On the Shoulders of Titans (Arcane Ascension, #2)
  • The Lost City of Ithos (Mage Errant #4)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 4 (He Who Fights with Monsters #4)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters (He Who Fights with Monsters, #1)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 2 (He Who Fights with Monsters, #2)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 3 (He Who Fights with Monsters, #3)
  • Bastion (Immortal Great Souls #1)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 5 (He Who Fights with Monsters #5)
  • Defiance of the Fall 2 (Defiance of the Fall #2)
  • Defiance of the Fall 3 (Defiance of the Fall #3)
  • The Torch that Ignites the Stars (Arcane Ascension, #3)
See top shelves…

Cradle (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Unsouled (Cradle, #1)
  • Soulsmith (Cradle, #2)
  • Blackflame (Cradle, #3)
  • Skysworn (Cradle, #4)
  • Underlord (Cradle, #6)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • Wintersteel (Cradle, #8)
  • Bloodline (Cradle, #9)