Start by marking “Get Bent! (The Hybrid of High Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Get Bent! (The Hybrid of High Moon, #1)

Get Bent!

(The Hybrid of High Moon #1)

They say I'm an abomination.
I say words hurt ... but not as much as my fists.

My name is Tamara Bentley, Bent to my friends, and I'm not supposed to exist. I was born of the forbidden union between a witch and a werewolf, and they've been trying their damnedest to hide my existence ever since.

But now my secret is out, and my uncle, the leader of the wolf pack, is pissed bey
Published June 15th 2018 by Westmarch Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Get Bent!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Bent!

Jonathan
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Guys tend...

...to write women usually as stereotypes—as in “tomboy” “sexy siren” and always attractive or extremely plain. One of the little factoids that got me here is how he seemingly described the characters’ physical characteristics without resorting to evaluating them externally. For instance, Bent’s best friend is only identified for the first several pages as such and through her snarky dialogue with the main character. Not until it becomes a part of the plot as an identity marker does R
Walter Pavlik
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mortal enemies have a baby, AGAIN? (It works!)

Get Bent while having some trappings of typical Fantasy/Horror/Romance/Bormance, etc. Get Bent is a well plotted out beginning to the hopefully long running new series about a female hero who is not just a 2 dimensional representation of a Buffy wannabe.
Rick takes his time to build a world here and an intro story to explain just enough to keep us on the edge of our seats.
The other characters feel like they have more purpose than just to be there t
Bennah
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it

I really liked this book. In fact, it is 'almost' my favorite book of the author's so far. The story was good, and kept me engaged the whole time. My only issue was the whole, 'let's do the polar opposite of what everybody in the know is telling me to do, so I can come close to dying again'. I know it was to push the story forward and establish Bent's character, but...

Either way, I still highly recommend checking it out. It was a good story that I had a hard time putting down.
laeaurra flamehawk-mitchell
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent start

I think the witch/werewolf thing's been done before. Doesn't matter. Rick the author made a kick ass heroine and has set things up for another fun urban fantasy series. If it's even half as good as Tome of Bill (I expect better) this will be well worth the money. Get Get Bent!
Wendy Schindler
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Kick-butt New Series!

A witty, action-packed adventure! Filled to the brim with werewolves, Celtic Witches - no, I'm not attempting to spell the proper name of afore-mentioned witches, kick-butt friends, and the heroine of the story...Abomination or just a victim of circumstance?
I highly recommend this story!
T.
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get Bent! was a combination of quirky and interesting. Bent was an unusual, strong character and I loved this srory line. The beauty in this book is the great job the writer did in developing the secondary characters which were pivotal to Bent's motivations. Well done.
James P Bishop
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good book. Unique

I chose the book because the author writes pretty damn good books. For a book with werewolves, this one was unique. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I cannot wait to read the next one.
J.G. Gatewood
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book went by way too quickly. I was captivated from the start. I loved the characters. I loved Tamara's spunk. I loved Riva as a best friend (and her in the epilogue). A very good read and I am ready for the next book.
Iori
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Well, this is another win for the author. It was young adult, but still awesome! I mean through all the despair and anguish, we saw what the determination and resolve of Tamara got her through the situation she was in. Oh and the humor reminded me of the one in Bill the Vampire totally awesome.
James S
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just happened to be looking for something new to read and found this book. I very much enjoyed it and would recommend the series. Finished the second book and I am looking forward to the release of the third.
Crystal Davis
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ready for the next one to come out!
Michelle
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome

Fun read. Loved Tamara and Riva.. Well written with good pacing. Werewolves vs witches. Looking forward to that war heating up!
Winnie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Too much cursing 🤬. Irritating heroine. Stupid overbearing dumb nasty mouthed female lead.
Lucinda
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quirky amusing story with a fair bit of pow wow going on from our wrestler of a main character
Vikki
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bending norms

Half witch, half werewolf. What happens when a witch and a werewolf fall in love and start a family? They have to hide her abilities from herself and both sides.
Sheridan Lee
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun new series

Written well, with a fast pace. Solved some mysteries and opened the door to more. Nice to see Gualtieri visiting humor again. I look forward to the next installment.
Chris Bell
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Smart and Sassy

In a Stephen king small home town a girl enjoys her summer. Boys, issues, dates.
And then we have a blood moon and lots of gnashing and howling.
Loves it
Strega
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Interesting start to a series. Beginning jumped around a bit, and I had to re-read several times to figure out what I had just read, but once the sh!t hit the fan the story flowed better.
Jeanny
Jan 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Bent’s TSTL. DNF 35%
Alex
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read

Although a little hoakey at times I enjoyed reading the book and I hope that the rest of the series is just as enjoyable
Bram Slaats
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I liked this book. I'm wondering where this story will go next.
jr weightman
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I really enjoyed reading this book. Can't wait for the next one to come out. I hope it is soon.
Kristy Maitz
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
From my point of view that story plot was not for me. Why? Because it was too boring and to predictable. Blah...
Anita
This is a witch and werewolf story that ends up seeming more superhero than anything else. The hybrid 19 year old has power from both sides of her heritage, and she's neigh unstoppable in a fight. Good thing she uses her power to protect her town. And there are hints of spirits or some other creatures that have a hand in her fate. I enjoyed this story.
Dantegideon
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Get bent, indeed. Completely unlikeable characters.
Kevin Walsh
Apr 17, 2019
Heather
Jan 30, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Black Wolves of Boston (Black Wolves of Boston)
  • Pyromantic (Firebug, #2)
  • The Improv Handbook: The Ultimate Guide to Improvising in Comedy, Theatre, and Beyond
  • The War of the Givens (Silvers, #3)
  • Telepath (Hive Mind, #1)
  • Just For One Night (Alice Worth #1.5)
  • DC Meets Looney Tunes
  • Dark Revelation
  • Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • Water Viper (Jesse Alexander #1)
  • Critical Failures VI (Caverns and Creatures Book 6)
  • The Charm (Olivia Hart and the Gifted Program, #1)
  • Sky
  • The October Man (Rivers of London, #7.5)
  • A Shadow's Light (The Shadow Series, #2)
  • Place of Gold: Coming of Age with South Africa
  • Legacy (Keeper of Lost Cities, #8)
  • Fallen
Rick Gualtieri loves to write adventure, mayhem, and snarky dialogue. His bestselling Tome of Bill series combines all of this into a world of supernatural danger with hard-hitting action and plenty of sharp-tongued geeky humor.

Rick lives alone in a dark, evil place called New Jersey with only his wife, three kids, and countless pets to both keep him company and constantly plot against him. When h