Start by marking “Mischief and Mayhem (Whiskey Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mischief and Mayhem (Whiskey Sisters, #2)

Mischief and Mayhem

(Whiskey Sisters #2)

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Welcome to Mayhem, Minnesota, home of the Knitty Kitty, The Little Slice of Heaven Pie Shop, and O’Halloran’s Pub—owned by the four young women known as The Whiskey Sisters.

In the wake of her divorce, Jameson O’Halloran has gone man-vegan. And this is one diet she’s determined to stick with. Even when her long-lost ex-brother-in-law shows up looking like two scoops of doub
Published July 9th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about Mischief and Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mischief and Mayhem

P.e. lolo
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story centers on a small town in Minnesota, with Jameson and her sisters. Jameson O’Halloran is now divorced and still dealing with the ex because they have a little boy together and he is really what has kept them and the family together. When tragedy strikes the grandfather which is her ex father in law it turns out that she must now locate her ex brother in law Scott which has been gone from the town for ten years. When he finally arrives in town is when all of their lives take a turn for ...more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)

I fell in love with the Whiskey Sisters series with the first book, Blame it on the Bet. The story had amazing characters and was a fun read. The second book, Mischief and Mayhem is different. It's more serious, which I wasn't expecting. The characters are still great, but it isn't as fun and there aren't nearly as many humorous parts. However, this isn't to say that the book wasn't good, because it was.

Mischief and Mayhem finds Jameson Clarke newly divorced from her cheating, jerk of a
Fizza
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's a sweet and yet emotional story. Not every love story can be straightforward and this one is quite complicated because Jameson was once married to Scott's brother. But, he can't stop himself from having feelings for this woman. She is the most beautiful person he has ever met and as guilty as he feels for being attracted to his brother's ex-wife, he simply cannot help it.
Jameson is a mother, first and foremost, also after her divorce she has lost faith in her judgment as well as men in gene
Lauren
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, needs-review
*4.5*

Oh my goodness it was SO MUCH FUN to be back in Mayhem again!

RTC

*ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Book Blog | Twitter | Bloglovin | Goodreads
Suze Lavender
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jameson's ex-husband Win has broken her heart and she's made a vow to remain single. She isn't interested in another relationship, especially after what she's been through. Jameson is a single mother with several loving sisters. Her son's grandfather also enjoys to help out, so there's plenty of support. When disaster strikes Jameson meets Win's brother Scott for the first time in years. Scott once made her an irresistible promise, but does he still intend to keep it?

Scott left his hometown beca
Eileen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed Mischief and Mayhem by L.E. Rico, part of her Whiskey Sisters series. This is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Rico but will definitely not be my last. I loved that all four of the O’Halloran sisters were names after different brands of whiskey, which made sense since their father owned a bar in Mayhem, Minnesota. This story features Jameson who is trying to pulling her life together after her divorce while being on a strict avoidance of getting involved with any man other than ...more
Ayekah
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm packing to move to Mayhem. I love the Whiskey Sisters and man did I take a header into this book! I loved Scott and Jameson.
Scott Clarke left Mayhem 10 years ago and hasn't been back after a falling out with his father. He's traveling the world working basically as an NGO helping do whatever needs to be done. Meanwhile his brother Win has married and now divorced Jameson. They are co-parenting their son Jackson who is a pip! The toddler has his own lingo and happily I understood exactly wha
Carolyn's
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of mischief and even mayhem. I loved the story of Jameson and Scott. The Whiskey Sisters series is one I am definitely going to follow.

Jameson is a recent divorcee with a terror as a son. Well they say terror but goodness I bet he is the sweetest thing ever- he was written so mischevious you just know he was an adorable little chubby cheek boy you want to cuddle.

The ex is Win- Scott's brother, but things arent' as simple as that. With deception and deviousness Scott has wasted the last 10
Bec_BookMagicReviews
Her divorce should have put her off men forever, but somehow Jameson O'Halloran finds herself deeply attracted to her ex brother-in-law, Scott Clarke, when he comes back to town after his father suffers a stroke. Unfortunately, Jameson and Scott know nothing can come of their attraction, especially when family secrets and the fact that she was once married to his brother are reasons enough to keep away from each other. Will Scott and Jameson fight for their shot at happy ever after or does too m ...more
Harlie Williams
Where do I start? I mean really. It’s like I waited FOREVER for this book in the series. If you want a recap of my review of Henny’s story here you go: Hennessey’s Review. So I won’t go into the sisters again in my review but let’s just say that they all play a very big part of this book and it is wonderful how Ms. Rico is able to use them in nonintrusive ways. Bailey and Jameson’s side plot is brilliantly played out, even if my heart broke a bit. Very realistically written and heartfelt. Rememb ...more
Heather
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mischief and Mayhem is a “sweet and clean” book – there is minimal mild cursing (no f-bombs) and no sex. If those things aren't your jam, there's nothing to worry about here. And even if you prefer those things in a book, this one has enough plot and good writing that you will not miss them. This is technically the second book in this series but it completely stands alone. You do not have to have read the other book to enjoy this one.

This is only my second L.E. Rico book, but as I read this one
Elizabeth Neal
The Whiskey Sisters have made their own places in their town of Mayhem. Jameson, recently divorced, has started a diet, no, not that kind. Of the man variety. She's cut herself off after her marriage imploded but every diet allows for a "cheat" day, right? Jameson wasn't tempted until HE returns, but she's a determined woman and no one will break her control.

Scott left everything behind a decade ago, not caring for everything that goes with living in a small town. But now he's back, a family tra
Claire Mc Partlin
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm really enjoying this series about the Whiskey sisters, set in Minnesota, and this one was even better than the first one which I also enjoyed.

This time we get the story of the second sister, Jameson, who runs and owns O'Hallorans with her sisters, the Irish pub in their town of Mayhem. She is recently divorced from Win and they have a small son called Jackson, a holy terror but very, very funny too!

Her father-in-law, Big Win, collapses and is rushed into hospital on life support in a coma. S
Nicole Westmoreland
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this second Whiskey Sisters book by L.E. Rico! Fantastic follow-up book to Blame it on the Bet! This series featuring four sisters (all of whom are named after whiskey), has humor, love, and heartbreak.

Jameson and her unfaithful ex husband (Winston) try to cope with his father's medical emergency and in the process they find out it is Win's estranged brother, Scott, who is his healthcare proxy. They find Scott doing charity work in a rural Mexico city, and he arrives home for the first
Cheryl
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by L. E. Rid, but it won’t be my last. Well written, funny, sad and sweet, book 2 in the Whiskey Sister series hits all the right notes and brought each character vividly to life for this reader.
Scott returns to town after his dad, who he hasn’t seen in over 10 years, is stricken ill. The first person he lays eyes on is Jameson, his former sister-in-law...but he’s unaware of the “former” distinction. Jameson is sweet as pie, mom to a toddling hellion and still devoted to Bi
Leslie Ooten
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an awesome book! This is a new to me author, and I was so excited when I started reading and couldn't put it down! The writing flowed well, and I loved all the characters. The O’Halloran sisters were great, and it was interesting to see all the sisters named after whiskey. Jameson and Scott were great together. You could tell that they really got each other, and were perfect together. Win was a jerk, and I really couldn't believe the extent he would go to make the people around him ...more
Melena Torretta
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley-arcs
I was so excited to head back to the town of Mayhem! Only there would you find four sisters named after different kinds of whiskey.

I adored Jameson and Scott. She has had some hard times but remains so positive, and she is a great mother. Scott, after being gone a number of years, has returned home. The author did a great job with his character, and the family and romantic issues he deals with.

Just like the first book in the series, there are some hilarious moments. Especially with Scott's intro
Jess Lawson
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mischief and Mayhem is the second book I have read by L.E. Rico. It also happens to be the second book in the Whiskey Sister's series. I loved it. All the sisters are named from brands of Whiskey. They live in the city of Mayhem. They run their family pub.

Jameson is helping with her ex father in law's care as he is hospitalized and gets to reconnect with her brother in law. The relationship between Scott and Jameson is uniquely interesting. I could not put this one down.
Peggy
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I laughed...a lot. I cried, just a little and I was tremendously entertained throughout this wild madcap ride of a story. It was quirky, fun, sentimental and romantic. Filled with love, Friendship, family and community. I wish for more of these stories about the Whiskey Sisters and the town of Mayhem.
Chelsea
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been given a review copy of this title through NetGalley and I have voluntarily decided to give my opinion. Mischief and Mayhem is the second book in the Whiskey Sisters series and each book in this series can be read as a standalone. This book just had me and just touched my heart. I truly loved this story and these characters and I’m so excited to see what next from this author.
Debra
Jul 09, 2018 added it
I read for a honest review for Entangled Bliss.I love the town of Mayhem,Minnesota,small enough where everyone knows you and can't resist knowing your business.I love the Whiskey sisters ,Love the dual POV from the characters ,it gives you a chance to see from their side of the story and what they're thinking.I can't wait for more books from this new author,until then I will be reading Blame it on the Bet next .
Suzette
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and funny story. Ms. Rico has done a fantastic job of keeping a smile on my face with here creative use of child safe curse words and toddler speak. The teasing way in which Scott has to learn how to use the iPhone and be introduced to all the things he has missed around town since he has been gone is not to be missed. It is the little quirky details that she includes that makes this book such an exceptionally fun read.
Mags
4.5⭐

This was such a light-hearted, absorbing read. That grabbed me from the start and never let go. As it was perfectly charming, full of great characters, easy to read, fast paced and sweet. And for me a great romance to read on the beach this summer.

Would definitely recommend.

**I was kindly provided with an ARC by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. **
Lori
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Scott and Jameson how I loved your story! From the prologue to the end, all I thought was, "Awwww!" and how would we journey to that end. Their storyline took a surprising twist and different plot than I would have guessed. Nothing bad, but different. Their connection was sweet and genuine, simply cute. Throw in a little boy is as cute as can be, then does what no adult is able to do and he steals the show. I have true respect for how the writer made Scott and Jameson play out their scenes wi ...more
Susan
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
MISCHIEF and MAYHEM by L. E. RICO is a wonderful crazy romance! This was a very fun read, a story with lots of love. At some points I was laughing out loud! I'd love to visit Mayhem again. Lots of interesting characters with amazing gifts.
poppy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series but is the first one I have read. I really enjoyed this book it was a really fun read that pulled me right into the story. The characters were just fantastic and they had me laughing out loud at times I cannot wait to read the previous book a super read I really liked it.
Sascha
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review upcoming
Jacki
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5☆
Loved it!
L.E. Rico is now one of my go-to authors.

What I liked:
Part of a series: Whiskey Sisters
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.

Srishti
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS
Lauren Rico
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Librarian Note: Also writes under the name Lauren E. Rico.

L.E. Rico didn’t set out to be an author. In fact, she’s made a name for herself as a classical music radio host—doing her best to make the music and the composers relevant by putting them into a modern context. It was just a few years ago that she discovered a passion for writing that blossomed into an entire novel. And then another. And a

Whiskey Sisters (2 books)
  • Blame It on the Bet (Whiskey Sisters, #1)