Start by marking “Unnatural, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Unnatural, Vol. 1

Unnatural, Vol. 1

(Contronatura #1)

Leslie J. Blair is a simple pig girl, she loves sushi and she is trapped in a job that she hates. She lives with Trish, her best friend. In her world, which is full of anthropomorphic creatures, with a totalitarian government that interferes in the personal lives of its citizens, up to the point of allowing only relationships between individuals of the same race. The trans ...more
Published November 27th 2018 by Image Comics (first published November 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Unnatural, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unnatural, Vol. 1

Josh
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unnatural echoes sentiments of Black Mirror with elements of real-world totalitarian plausibility exemplified through birth and mating control, as well as overtaxing those few who dare to be different, stretching the populace into poverty.

While this all consuming and thought provoking story draws comparison to current day events and spotlights the strength of diversity, it's a fun and wholly entertaining light erotica with fantastical elements which steadily build each chapter into an epic cres
Chantal
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
È stato un colpo di scena dietro l'altro e la storia si è rivelata essere completamente diversa da ciò che pensavo. La graphic novel, sin dall'inizio, sembra voler essere una denuncia alla società moderna, tutti gli animali devono infatti procreare solo con esseri della stessa specie, devono sposarsi entro i 25 anni e il loro unico scopo deve essere quello di mandare avanti la specie. Tutte le relazioni tra specie diverse e, peggio ancora, tra lo stesso sesso sono definite contro natura e qu
MadameMelli
Diese Graphic Novel hat mich positiv überrascht! Auf Empfehlung einer Freundin habe ich sie mir ausgeliehen und empfehle sie hiermit weiter.

Wir finden uns in einer Welt wieder, wo jeder ein Tier ist. Das Gesetz verlangt, dass man sich nur innerhalb einer Rasse fortpflanzen darf und die Regierung hat sogar ein Programm entwickelt, mit dem Singles ab 25 ihren perfekten Partner gematcht bekommen, um die Reproduktionsrate hoch zu halten.

In dieser Graphic Novel folgen wir der jungen Schweinedame Lesl
NocturnalBlaze
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Questo fumetto, il primo che leggo dopo una pausa durata anni, mi ha colpito in maniera estremamente positiva e mi ha portato a chiedermi perché io non sia tornata prima ad approcciarmi a questo genere di narrativa!
Di Contro Natura mi è piaciuto praticamente tutto: la trama, i personaggi, lo stile del disegno, i colori, le atmosfere, i colpi di scena. E' un fumetto che tratta di tematiche molto importanti come quelle della sessualità e dell'accettazione di sé in una maniera che ho trovato davv
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
My review was first posted on Northern Plunder, you can read more of my reviews there too.

Why did I pick up Unnatural? CUTE GOTH PIG GIRL.

I didn’t even read the synopsis but I ended up being surprised by the route this graphic novel took and I really enjoyed it.

Surprised because the opening pages were uh, a nsfw sex scene! Which actually turned out to be Leslie – main characters – reocurring fantasy dream.

Wait, please don’t cut away because you’re like Lauren please? Stop with the NSFW graphic n
Groovy
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ok look hear me out

the set-up isn't exactly original -- the message is good, but it's one we've all heard before, and it's wrapped up in Black Mirror vibes, but with...you know, furries

but hey, the closer towards the end of the first volume i got, the crazier the story got, plus, the artwork's 11/10

also i'm a sucker for all the horny pig-girl covers they've been doing for the individual issues, so what wanna fight about it
Devon Munn
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, image-comics
3.5. Stars

Mirka Andolfo has definitely crafted quite the interesting story here. The intrigue builds up until the last issue in this volume and the end reveals a situation that will be very interesting to unravel. Very much looking forward to the rest of this series
Martin
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Interesting story and really nice art.
Curious to see how the story continues to unfold.
Anniken Haga
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I heard about this comic through the artist Stjepan Sejic, and seeing as I am a big fan of his, I just had to check it out. I couldn't prioritize it, though, with life as it was, but now things have shifted and I really believe things will be better, and so I allowed myself the expense of buying this comic.

It was... an intense start to the series.
You're hit in the face right away with this world that is like our own but also so wrong. It has taken everything bad from our world and blown it
Anna Heidick
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Don't judge a story by it's cover or intro issue. There's something there that lurks beneath the surface. This first volume poses many questions.. I wonder if the next one answers them? I hope so.
Cori Ilardi
Jul 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Issue 001 - Read 7/9/17 - Read this after my cousin recommended it to me. He said he wasn't sold on it at first because he's not into furry stuff, and I said the same, but he gave it a try and liked it, so I did too. The premise is a little weird with the anthropomorphic animals, but it seems really interesting so far, so I will be continuing.
Shannon
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Individual issue reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4

Total review score: 3
Alex Sarll
Well, it ovecomes one of my objections to furries and anthropomorphic animal comics, in that the characters do look cute but animalistic, as against ungainly and overly literal in a way that just slaps you in the face with the impossibility of the conceit (seriously, I still have flashbacks to the necks in Wild's End). But the story, dear heavens... Leslie, our lead pig-girl, lives in a society where the single are taxed, the government finds you a suitable partner once you hit 25, and homosexua ...more
78sunny
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-highlights
Ich habe lange mit mir gehadert, ob ich diese Graphic Novel kaufen sollte. 19,99€ sind wahrlich kein Pappenstiel. Aber,Gott, was bin ich froh, dass ich da s Geld ausgegeben habe. Das Buch ist einfach grandios. Die Aufmachung ist wunderschön. Das Hardcover ist sowas von toll illustriert. Detailreich, farbenfroh, kontrastreich... Ich kann aus dem Schwärmen echt nicht rauskommen.
Und dann noch die Story. Boah, ich hätte nicht damit gerechnet, dass die so interessant und sogar spannend wird. Ich kon
Jakub Kvíz
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tak tohle je slusny prekvapeni. Cekal sem nejakou romantickou/erotickou slataninu typu Sugar a ono je to slusny socialni drama s mysterioznama prvkama.

Hlavni hrdinka, praseci holka Leslie, zije v totalitni spolecnosti, kde je vztah s jinym druhem trestanej a od urcityho veku sou single lidi postihovany vyssima danema. Vse pro zachovani rodu...

Leslie zrovna slavi 25. narozeniny, coz je hranicni vek pro nalezeni partnera. Situaci navic komplikuje opakovany sen, ve kterym se objevuje “velky zly vlk
Drown Hollum
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bought it for the sexy pig lady, stayed for the Black Mirror styled plot. I was super impressed here. Suckered in by some good ole' French cheesecake, I found myself totally on the edge of my seat, racing through the pages looking for my dramatic conclusion. The book leaves us pretty out in the open and no such ending arrives (in this volume) but there's a thriller at Unnatural's heart worth exploring. There's a lot to love in this package, I'm excited for more!
Roman Colombo
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Andolfo's art is amazing, and her characters each have a great look in this weird anthropomorphic dystopia. Leslie Blair, a pig, is such a wonderful character. We get to know her pretty quickly, and her friends Trish and Derek. There's a lot more happening than we know or get in this volume, but I will definitely get volume 2 when it is available. It kind of has a Saga feel to it.
Barbs
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, comics, wlb
War mal was anderes
MC Bonet
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
It doesn't need to be so overly sexual to get the story through to the audience. The overly sexual content just makes the comic look cheap when it has a good, interesting story.
Stephen Hamilton
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una storia verosimile, ben descritta con colpi di scena davvero scioccanti.
La costruzione della scena si svillupa velocemente e in modo eccezionale. L'arte e' bellissima.
Non vedo l'ora di leggere il prossimo volume.
Vedro' anche di leggere il Sacro/Profano.
Danielle
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 out of 5 stars!! I really enjoyed this graphic novel. The art and the use of color were amazing! It really fit with my taste. I enjoyed the story and can't wait to see what happens next!
Eggi
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Als ich das Cover auf Arbeit gesehen habe, bin ich einfach hängen geblieben. Ich mag Geschichten in dennen Tiere wie Menschen handeln und uns damit einen Spiegel vor die Nase halten.

Die Handlung hat schon im ersten Band viel Spannung aufgebaut und wirkt dabei sehr wie ein Thriller, der immer mehr an Fahrt auf nimmt. Unser Heldin ist mir sehr sympathisch, vor allem weil sie das ein oder andere Kilo zu viel hat. Was es mit ihren Träumen auf sich hat, gibt ein schönes Rätzel auf sich und ich bin s
Miss Moneypenny
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Contra Natura, análisis del comic de Mirka Andolfo publicado por Evolution comics y Ominiky Ediciones

Argumento

En un mundo poblado por animales antropomorfos, la ley solo permite la unión sexual entre individuos de la misma raza. Los transgresores son castigados y encarcelados les acusa de ser contra Natura.

Leslie es una cerdita sencilla, que ama el sushi y la música. Para sobrevivir se ve obligada a ejercer un trabajo que odia. Esta a punto de cumplir veinticinco años y vive con Trish, su mejor
Theediscerning
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you're lucky, you might find a book with a rollicking great set-up, such as a fantasy world where someone is snatched away while on a government-sanctioned date, for nefarious reasons that all seem to hark back to a near-mythological time and place. If you're lucky, you might get a read that talks to you of the current state of affairs, where the problems people find in being themselves are brought to the fore by use of a dystopian society frowning on anything but heterosexual relationships. ...more
Goldentheme
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avevo adocchiato questa graphic novel due anni fa a Lucca, ma mi sono decisa a comprarlo solo in occasione dell'uscita del secondo albo. Conoscevo l'autrice per la celebre serie romance/commedy "Sacro e Profano", che mi aveva divertita come non mai. Stavolta, però, ci ritroviamo davanti un lavoro differente da tutti gli altri e, secondo me, perfino superiore.
In un mondo di animali antropomorfi, la giovane venticinquenne Leslie, una maialina dalla personalità molto forte e fragile al tempo stesso
Heather
I thought this was pretty good. The art intrigued me enough to pick up the first couple of issues, even though I am not at all a fan of anthros. The coloring was just so pretty and the content looked sexy.

The main character is a "piggy girl," as the author calls her. She keeps having erotic dreams about a wolf. But she is trying desperately to put it out of mind, because in this world, it is illegal to have a relationship out of one's own species of anthro, or to be in a same-sex relationship.

He
rebeccaketling
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
In this first-issue graphic novel, Italian writer and artist Mirka Andolfo presents an anthropomorphic fantasy world where relationships between species is forbidden, as are those between same gendered couples. Such things are, of course, UNNATURAL.

The main plot follows Leslie, a very round and juicy young pig girl who aches for the adventure of forbidden passion with the big, bad and dangerous wolf. Unfortunately for Leslie, the Reproductive Center has other plans, and has instead paired her wi
Monika Kilijańska
W świecie zamieszkałym przez antropomorficzne zwierzęta prawo zezwala tylko na związki pomiędzy osobnikami tej samej rasy. Wszelkie odstępstwa są surowo karane, ale nie można czuć się spokojnie także będąc singlem. Wprowadzony program rozrodczy, według którego osoby w wieku 25 lat powinny się rozmnażać oraz wysoki podatek dla singli sprawia, że świnka Leslie zaczyna miewać dziwne sny. Sny, które na jawie mogłyby być karalne. Sny wbrew naturze.

Kiedy otrzymuje wiadomość od Urzędu Programu Rozrodcz
Suzanne
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unnatural is an erotic dystopian mystery comic with anthropomorphized animals and more than one sinister organization. There's a lot going on in the four issues that comprise this first volume, out November 21st.

The book opens with Leslie, a humanoid pig, making out with her pillow while dreaming about having sexytimes with a mysterious white wolf. Then her roommate, a mouse named Trish, wakes her up and makes her go to work. As the story progresses, we learn about the Reproduction Program, a go
Lucas Besen
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autoras, quadrinhos
Li como edições avulsas.

A história é intrigante. Um mundo onde o relacionamento interespécies é considerado contra a natureza (assim como relacionamentos entre animais do mesmo sexo e da mesma espécie). Nesse contexto, há forte coação governamental para o casamento espontâneo até os 25 anos de idade. Após isso, vira uma política de governo obrigatória - com direito a recebimento de dinheiro, baixa de impostos e os bons olhos da população.

Esse é o plano de fundo da vida de Leslie, uma garota porc

Contronatura (3 books)