Start by marking “The Hammer Of Israel (A Jacob Mitzak Novella)” as Want to Read:
The Hammer Of Israel (A Jacob Mitzak Novella)

The Hammer Of Israel (A Jacob Mitzak Novella)

Jacob Mitzak escaped from Auschwitz at fifteen, and soon became famous to every Nazi war criminal in the world as The Hammer of Israel. Years later in nineteen-fifties New York City Jacob will become the only man standing in the way of the rise of a Fourth Reich on American soil. The Hammer of Israel is about to hit the Big Apple.

Get to know Jacob Mitzak and then follow h
Published May 29th 2018 by Mountain Wolf Press

To ask other readers questions about The Hammer Of Israel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hammer Of Israel

Shirley Revill
A thought provoking short story that left me wanting to read the next book.
Very well written and highly recommended.
Frani Zumwalt
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book. Very difficult to put down. Jacob did what he had too. I would enjoy more books like this. Very interested in that time period
Mary Lewis
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Quick read, not much substance

I was hoping for much more after reading the synopsis of the book. It was a quick read, but there was nothing plausible about this story. In addition, there were a lot of typographical errors and instances of poor grammar. This book did not seem to have been edited at all, which is a pet peeve of mine in this day of shortened words and grammatical errors.
Texas
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Jericho Black Universe: The following well written books are all part of this universe and take place in a timeline from 1910 until 1980, as of January, 2019. The third book Retribution starts in 1980. All the storylines are carried throughout this series of books. The storylines are intriguing, suspense filled and so mesmerizing it's hard for the reader to put down the book(s). I chain read all but Among Wolves, which I had already read and made me interested in reading the rest of the stor ...more
Molly
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical fiction, psychological thriller fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout, bookbub, Amazon
The Hammer of Israel is a disturbing and exciting series of actions with a younger Jacob Mitzak, the Hammer - from his young life in Auschwitz to New York City and State.

The book is described as fiction in its details, but appropriate to the time. Sadly, unfortunately, very close to certain groups that indeed existed at that time in the NY/NJ metro area. As a young pastoral intern, and youth pastor, after returning from my studies in Germany, I was placed in a community that was the site of the
Vicky Camp
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This book by Jordan Vezina is well written and returns the reader to a time when those who had survived the Holocaust were required to live through another cleansing. This time the deaths were of their enemies, specifically the escaped Germans, members of the Third Reich, who were trying to establish themselves in other parts of the world. In this version of history, the young Jacob Mitzak begins his career of defending the world from Nazi evil in New York City.

I enjoyed the way Jordan Vezina u
David
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the premise of this book. Hunting down and executing Nazi war criminals who are plotting to establish a Fourth Reich in the US. What's not to like? Well, my biggest issue with this book is that it needs to be a lot longer. The characters are not fleshed out enough and there are oodles if details in their backgrounds that are alluded to but never really explained. I realize this is a novella and a prologue to a series. If the author's purpose in writing it was to tempt readers to continue ...more
Sharon
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love history, I think it’s important and that’s one reason I really love this series! The other reason is that it’s so well written, factual but not enough to lose me when I’m reading it. The characters are well rounded and believable with interesting and realistic dialogue. This book is another gem and well worth the short time it takes to read it! Although I received a copy from Booksprout I also went ahead and got my own copy from Amazon.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Pat Eroh
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Both Jericho Black and Jacob Mitzak series are absolutely fantastic, I keep hoping for more and more. I love this historical content and I know that though this is fiction, this story still holds many historical truths. I love the characters and am so connected to them I miss them between books.

Tanya
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He escaped from a low camp and then he tracked war criminals. He worked hard but now there could be another uprising of them on US soil. Can he stop it before it overtakes the country? Will he be able to do it? See if he can stop it

Craig D Orzel, Sr
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book

I'm glad I found this author. I've read all the Jericho Black books except number 7 and they tie into each other and read so well that they are extremely difficult to out down once started. Looking forward to more.
MARLENE PIESKAS
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Hammer of Israel

I really liked this book. Though it is fiction, I suspect the story runs very close to the true stories of catching war criminals.
My one issue with this book is that it ended too quickly.
I highly recommend it to others.
Shaun
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
review
Verified ARC Reader
Damm good read
by Shaun Cc

A really good read from cover to cover with interesting plots and lots of action.

Will deff be reading more from this author.

Michelle
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly, wholeheartedly a story you have to read

Just WOW! I was hooked within the first couple paragraphs and read it in one sitting. I want to read more from this series right away!
Lisa
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Hammer of Israel

Interesting story. After being left for dead , Jacob survives and decides to hunt down the nazi criminals. He is betrayed and shot. When he recovers he resumes his hunt, but this time he has a benefactor. Be prepared for a cliff hanger.
Alice Anne Bluhm
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You The Hammer of Israel

This book kept me reading.It was great (action,suspense &a little mayhem)!! I look forward to reading the Butcher,the 2nd book in the series.Please keep them coming.
Debbie Mcnally
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC copy of this book from the author. Great book plenty of action and suspense. You can tell this book was well researched and well written.
NOEL O'CALLAGHAN
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Tale of Revenge

Well researched and written. Hope to get a chance to read the sequel. A definite well told story about international intrigue.
M R B Davis
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A page turning short story

Excellent novel about vengeance. Based on history and inventing a possible alternative future the author keeps the reader enthralled throughout.
Marcia Ditter
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Want to the next ones in the series!
Justin
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
Great introduction to the Jericho Black universe! I love Jacob Mitzak.
scott shook
Mar 28, 2019
Tom Running
Feb 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jordan Vezina is a writer of historical fiction living in Palo Alto California. In a past life Jordan was an infantry Marine serving in an anti/ counter-terror unit, a bodyguard, and a personal trainer. And a website designer. And a combatives teacher. And a corporate manager. And a singer and guitar player in a blues-metal band. And then an IT guy. And then blah blah blah I'm so cool. That's righ ...more