Start by marking “Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2)

Traitor Born

(Secondborn #2)

In the Fates Republic, Firstborns reign supreme. Secondborns kneel in servitude. Thirdborns face death. And Census shadows them all.

Secondborn Roselle St. Sismode was pressed into military service to battle the rebel uprising threatening the society that enslaves her. Now, powerful factions conspire to subvert the lines of succession, positioning Roselle to replace her
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 10 pages
Published April 17th 2018 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Traitor Born, please sign up.
Cher Gilad went to the beginning of the third novel. I would spoil your reading with anything else I could tell you.…moreGilad went to the beginning of the third novel. I would spoil your reading with anything else I could tell you. (less)

Start your review of Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2)
Sh3lly
RELEASE DAY! So good. :)

Secondborn:

LURVED IT! This is due to be released on April 17, 2018. I received a digital copy from Netgalley and publisher/author to read and review. Thank you!

I am totally hooked on this world and all the characters. This is one of the few series that a love triangle works for me, although it's more of a love rectangle? I am totally TEAM REYKIN! Hawthorne who? I do love Clifton too and I really hopes he doesn't end up a bad guy.

Roselle spends more time with the
Rae
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

YAYY! NetGalley FINALLY approved me for an ARC! :)
I really enjoyed the first book Secondborn so I'm really excited to read this one!!

AHHHHH Amy Bartol, why do you torture me with these endings like this!!! I think the author should be dubbed The Queen Cliffhanger, because here I am again sitting all broken hearted just wishing I had some feeling of conclusion but instead, I've been thrown off the cliff, I'm not
Ashlee » Library In The Country
5 GLORIOUS STARS - I read this book in December and STILL cannot stop thinking about it. I am not kidding when I say it's my favorite 2018 release so far, nor can I wait any longer to share my thoughts with you.

”I believe dawn is the violent overthrow of night. But night is always still there - just on the periphery - waiting ... and at the end of the day, it comes to claim us all.”

Be still, my beating heart.

This sequel was everything I had hoped for and more. Secondborn was a good start to
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
5 Roselle Superhero stars

ARC received in exchange of an honest review

This book is not out yet and I already need Rebel Born who will be released in 2019!!!!

Why, why do I do this to myself? Request books from series not finished yet when I know chances are high that I will love them???
traitorteaser
Traitor Born is packed with actions, twists you never see coming, hot warrior males and a superheroine.

If you don't like badass heroines fighting like super heroes as in killing dozens of adversaries and coming out
Truitti
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
46-2019. I enjoyed this installment of the born series. The whole series is causing me to re-evaluate our society's expectations and subtle unwritten laws, not just about birth order but occupation and the male/female issue. Very very good story
R.K. Gold
This is probably a 2.5/5 too but it was better than the first so I rounded up instead of rounding down.

As I mentioned in one of my updates I feel awkward reviewing books like this because I know I couldn't do any better, and I also know I'm not the target demographic. Still, it was free on KU and the plot has been compelling enough to keep me engaged.

This review will contain spoilers so stop reading now if that bothers you.

I'll start with the things I didn't like that way this review ends with
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What a fantastic read! The world building in this series is amazing. It's very creative but also a lot to learn and keep up with. This is part of a trilogy so you do need to read book 1 first. This picks right up where book 2 left off.

What draws me to this series is Roselle. She is a secondborn. This society only values the firstborn children and they are born into wealth and power. There are two reasons secondborn children are allowed to live. They are considered spares incase a firstborn
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 #TeamReykin Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

I really wish book 3 was available.... RIGHT NOW!
I inhaled this in one day. Traitor Born was better than the first book. How is that even possible!?!?

War between different groups, deadly assassins, and traitors everywhere.

And let's not forget about 3 wonderful guys in love with Roselle. I know who my favorite is!!!

description description description description description

description
Alaina
SO FREAKING GOOD!

I absolutely loved this audio! I feel like I flew through it since I started and ended it today. After finishing this, well, I'm so freaking pumped to dive into the third book! However, the whole "waiting" thing has got to go!

Traitor Born doesn't fall under that terrible sequel category. NO! It was amazing! Maybe even better than the first one. Heck, I can't decide! I've enjoyed them both so much that I'm probably the worst person ever to choose my favorite from the two.

Roselle
Christa
Wow this was a fun sequel! This one picks up where we left off. Roselle has been taken away from her ally Clifton to the Virtue Bowie’s palace. She is in charge of training his spoiled heir Grisholm.

There a lot of action, violence, and plotting in this one. The world building is excellent as alway. I’ve read a lot of Amy Bartol’s books and her world building is alway incredible. The glossary at the end is also helpful.

It’s hard to give a lot of detail about the plot of a sequel without giving
Nicki White
I struggled with rating this between 4 stars and 3 stars. I thought I finally settled on 4 stars, but then got to talking about the book and realized there was just too much that didn't connect with me but at the same time, 3 stars didn’t seem right either because I still enjoyed the book and still look for to the next installment. So that’s how I landed at 3 1/2 stars.

This is book two of what I believe is set to be a trilogy, but who knows anymore these days, authors are adding more and more
Mel (Epic Reading)
With young adult/teen books a dime a dozen these days, it's seemingly difficult to parse through the many major publishing house options; never mind the independent ones out there.
I have been lucky enough to discover Amy A. Bartol's indie teen series Secondborn and even though there are so many cliche moments in this series I don't even care!
Note: This review is for book 2, there are spoilers for book 1 below.

Yummy Love Interest(s)
I feel like I need to disclose immediately how much I adore
Sláinte Wanderlust

What a series! I only wish my kindle unlimited hadn't recommended it to me with so long to wait for the next book.
The author is amazing, I loved the story so far, I cannot wait to read more and I definitely will have a book hangover from this series...
Amanda Kratz
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love this series. I shouldn’t, it has so many elements that annoy me and here I am grinning like a fool plowing through it in no time at all. I can’t help myself I like it.

Again the entire bases for book is ridiculous (1st borns privileged and 2nd borns slaves and not allowed to have kids) although in the sneak peek of the 3rd they did try to finally justify why the world is the way it is. Just ignore the concept and take it at face value.

Plot: This is book 2 in the second born series.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Well, that was a doozy. Even more so than the first book, and not just because this cliffhanger was even more evil than the last. It's kind of taken a turn for the crazy, what with all the political machinations and ever-changing alliances, but I'm so invested in the outcome now, especially with what transpires in this sequel, that Bartol could have robots taking over the world and I'd still be here for it. Oh, wait. :P Anyway...if you've read previous books by this author, specifically the ...more
Lena
*ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Review of Secondborn (Secondborn #1)

I enjoyed this book so much more than the first one! I still felt like it had some major flaws but overall it was much more enjoyable than the first book. If you are like me, and you had serious doubts after reading Secondborn, I advise you to give this one a try. It's so much better.

I need to be honest and adres the things that still weren't okay for me. I'm going to try and be brief and afterwards I'm going to focus on
Rebecca Wash
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received an ARC from 47 North via Netgalley*

Why??? Why did it have to end like that? Ok, so cliffhangers like that are really the sweetest torture. I loved this one so much more than book 1. In book 2 so much happens. And can I shout my love for Reykin? So much love for him and for so many reasons. Roselle had so much to deal with and I felt everything she felt. I loved this book so much! I seriously wish I had book 3 right now! Oh! And the tension between Roselle and Reykin!!! Ahhh! So many
Dirty Dayna
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-to-finish
309 pages

4 Traitor Stars
215877_I_m_So_Excited_And_I_Just_Can_t_Hide_It
This book picks up exactly where book 1 ends.
this is not a standalone by any measure and I would recommend a reread of book 1 to recall all of our players.
This book is a great dystopia for the YA genre in my opinion and it has aspects from the Hunger Games/Divergent that people enjoy. This book is not YA in its entirely with the deaths, murders, wrong doings etc that occur but more so the characters and low romance vibe. This book is more developed than the first book
Amber
TEAM REYKIN!!!!!!

I need more REYKIN.

I mean, no one is as delicious as my perfect poopsie Kyon…but then again, who is??
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
4.5 stars!!!

“No matter what happens, we endure. And we never stop striving for what we believe in.”

Amy Bartol never fails to kill me with her series, I could have died a thousand deaths reading this book. Action packed, on the edge of your seat, not knowing what way is up and what way is down just about sums up the gamut of emotions that I ran while reading this book. Holy freakin' hell.

Amy Bartol is a master storyteller and the way her visceral writing captures your imagination is second to
Megan
And she did it again. Every. Single. Time. Amy Bartol is one of my all-time favorite authors. Her books are my go-to comfort reading. When I’m in a reading rut, when I need a pick-me-up, when I need that perfect sexual tension, her books are the ones I pick up. Something about her style, her world-building, the romance... perfection. And Traitor Born is no exception. Let me put your mind at ease, Bartol didn’t just avoid the dreaded second book slump, she decimated it. Traitor Born took all the ...more
☽☆Jean☠BookRampage☆☾
Kacy❁
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well dang! That escalated quickly and it was awesome. Roselle reminds me of Aelin and I love it. This series definitely deserves more love!
Roselle finds herself under the "protection" of the Virtue (the leader of all the Fates), though it feels more like a prison at times. The political maneuverings of both the Gates of Dawn and the Rose Garden Society continue and both groups want to see Roselle as 1st heir to the Sword; however, their end game differs vastly. Her mother is still trying to kill her, and good old Agent Crow is still trying to find a way to capture and torture her. (view spoiler) ...more
Zuzana899
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav, romance
5 brilliant stars

Yesterday I received this ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. And I had only 4 hours of sleep because of it. I just couldn’t put it down.

A few days ago I read the first installment /4 stars from me/, so I was truly excited to read the second book so soon. And it was even better than the first book! Honestly, what I loved the most was the romance. From the first book it was clear that the author will torture us with love triangle (or more,
Camila
AGAIN AMY WHY????

This one was soooooo good and of-fucking-course the next book doesn’t come out until 2 0 1 9.

Fuck. Why am I crying?

I already have my own theories of how this series will end. Knowing the authors style my heart will be shattered BUT ROSELLE AND REYKIN BETTER END UP TOGETHER.
Also, Team Reykin all the way. Allllll theeee way.
So glad he admitted he loved her. Now for the third book they better get married or something.

Ugh Amy you’re a damn near goddess when it comes to writing.
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
I HAVE TO WAIT A YEAR!!! Holy effing cliff hanger ...more
Pamela
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovelovelove this series!!! Awesome heroine and thrilling plot with just the right amount of feels on top. Though I hope that there will be a happy ending with my personal favorite male character in the end as well! And in case you're wondering who my favorite might be and why I think they will eventually end up together: (view spoiler) ...more
Dave T
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great follow-up to Secondborn.

This was definitely a great sequel to the trilogy. The action and intrigue continued until the ending where the big secret is revealed.
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Traitor Born is the second installment in author Amy A. Bartol's Secondborn series. The story picks up where Secondborn left off. Protagonist Roselle St. Sismode has found herself in a situation that most likely would make others skittish and run for the hills. She's become a pawn in a political game that has seen Rose become the person of the moment. The Gates of Dawn wants her to break the dreaded Fate system which includes

• The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • The Culling Trials 2 (Shadowspell Academy, #2)
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
  • Shadow Wings (Darkest Drae, #2)
  • A Kingdom of Exiles (Outcast #1)
  • The Culling Trials (Shadowspell Academy, #1)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
  • Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles, #1)
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (Tainted Accords #4)
  • Storm Glass (Harbinger #1)
  • Fantasy of Flight (Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Blood Oath (Darkest Drae, #1)
  • Mirror Gate (Harbinger #2)
  • The First Girl Child

Indebted (Book 3)
Incendiary (Book 4)
Iniquity (Book 5)

Author of the Kricket Series:
Under Different Stars (Book 1)
Sea of Stars (Book 2)
Darken the Stars (Book 3)

The Divided - A Science Fiction Romance short story, which is included in

Secondborn (3 books)
  • Secondborn (Secondborn #1)
  • Rebel Born (Secondborn, #3)
“I’ve heard it said that dawn is the light, asking the night for permission to exist.” 0 likes